• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Urgently

hi everybody today somebody call me from the embassy to tell me that visa filling has changed frm $775 to $819.and my interview is tomorrow so everybody should be aware of this new development.after my interview tomorrow i will tell you guyz news and everybody pray for me .THANKS 08067559719;)

Ur interview is quite diffrnt

MY INTERVIEW EXERIENCE
I got to the US Consulate, Nigeria by 6am. My interview was for 7am
Exactly at 6:30am a guard came and spoke to us. We were told to form 3lines, one was for those coming to renew their visas, the second line was for non-immigrant and the last and third line was for diversity or immigrant visas.
We were told not to go in with phones, bags, metal objects, mirrors and so on. We were also asked to open up all envelopes like the ceiled medical report. Open it , even the white envelope and then put it back inside the brown envelope that contain our medical certificate.
We were ushered in and our appointment letters were collected from us and verified if truely we had an appointment at the embassy that day. If true, we were then given a payment slip, contact form and a green card containing our DV –number. Mine was DV-2. We went in had a seat, and filled in the contact form. On the contact from you are supposed to fill in your name, your street number, city, state, telephone number and e mail address. Make sure you then put down your Dv numbers on the top right hand corner of all the duplicate of your credentials. We were reminded to open all files especially the medical certificate. Inside there is a white envelope, and we were also asked to open it. Note that dv number is different from your original case number. So don’t make that mistake that was made by many. I didn’t make any mistake through out the process. Thanks to this great forum. I left my bag and phone in the house. I was just watching and laughing at others looking for were to keep their bags.
We were again ushered in for security check to find out if we had any unwanted object with us, please note that if found, you will be sent out of the embassy and you will have to go and start all over again, and you will be the last person this time around. So please take this as an advice
From here, we went in to pay the $775 interview fee. We were given two receipts. Keep it save because you will have to hand one of it over to the consulate officer interviewing you. We were then ushered in to the room were the interview is carried out. We were asked to have a seat and listen to our dv numbers. After some minutes, my number was called to go to window 10. There i handed my documents for check up. Only my birth certificate, provisional admission letter, GCE-A/L, and GCE O/L results were collected from me including the originals. Guys i was surprised to see my DSP-122 and DS-230 part 1 and 2 forms with my picture stapled on it, that i had filled and sent to Kentucky consulate centre in the US. I was then asked to sit down.

THE INTERVIEW PROPER
At around 9am i was then called by the interviewing Consulate officer, CO say to go to window 10
There i was asked to take up my right hand and swore to say the truth. My fingerprints were then taken again same as during the police certificate. I saw the Chinese-American lady i had heard about in this forum and i prayed to God that i should be interviewed by her and it came to pass. Guys that lady is so good and has a kind heart. She was just dishing out visas like pure water. Thank God it came to pass as i prayed to God. I Was interviewed by her.

CO: what is your name?
ME: -------------------------------------------
CO: How old are you
CO: Do you have any child
ME: --------------------------------------------
CO: Which primary school did you attend
CO: What year did you finish secondary school
CO: What is your profession
CO: Which university do you attend
CO: What is your course of study
CO: What part are you
CO: List some of the courses you did in your present part
CO: What is the relationship with these courses and your course of study
CO: Have you taken any computer programming courses before
CO: Congratulation, you are found eligible to immigrate to the US and was given a white paper on which was found my visa pick up date
ME: Thank you

Its the lord doing my brothers
I also promise to always come by and contribute to this forum because you never forget the hands that feed you
What a great forum
ALL THE BEST TO THOSE WAITING FOR THEIR INTERVIEW AND TO THOSE TO BE CURRENT
ALL OF US IN THIS GREAT FORUM ARE WINNERS

HOME COUNTRY : Cameroon
Presently studying in: Nigeria
Why is ur interview quite different? Ur interview is jst based on d form u filled n nt ur qualificatn. Wht do they mean by wht part are u?

@asanrex I have one quick question for u. Pls do clarify us on the dv number and case number issue. Is it the dv number we're
given by the securities at the embassy gate (eg dv 10) or is it the original case number given to us by KCC (eg 2010AF000****) that we're to write in our forms.
Ur response will be very much appreciated.

@asanrex; what did the CO mean by 'Wht part are u?' when she asked u, wht did u say?

I believe part means year or level. Some schools call it e.g year 3, some 300Level and some part 3. I think Asanrex made it clear that the case file number is different from the DV Number and it is the latter you will be given that day of the interview and you'll write it on ur documents (top right-hand corner) while inside the Embassy building awiting the interview. Again it is true, there is an increase in the fee, from 775USD to 819USD. Update urselves people, all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
DEAR FORUMITES,
GOD will continue to see you ALL through, Amen.

Pleas note that as from this day 13th day of July 2010, Dv Lottery fees is $819.

It is now confirmed.
Thanks
Navigator

DEAR FORUMITES,
GOD will continue to see you ALL through, Amen.

Pleas note that as from this day 13th day of July 2010, Dv Lottery fees is $819.

It is now confirmed.
Thanks
Navigator

Hi Navigator,

Coincidentally, i was reading some of your post in the 2008 thread yesternight (your expirence @ your POE etc). How is the states now in connection with jobs and the generally standard of living? Any regrets or ortherwise so far? Any advice will also be welcome. Thx for coming back.

Thanks 4 dat info

I believe part means year or level. Some schools call it e.g year 3, some 300Level and some part 3. I think Asanrex made it clear that the case file number is different from the DV Number and it is the latter you will be given that day of the interview and you'll write it on ur documents (top right-hand corner) while inside the Embassy building awiting the interview. Again it is true, there is an increase in the fee, from 775USD to 819USD. Update urselves people, all the best.

Thanks 4dat info.. I appreciate..

@asanrex I have one quick question for u. Pls do clarify us on the dv number and case number issue. Is it the dv number we're
given by the securities at the embassy gate (eg dv 10) or is it the original case number given to us by KCC (eg 2010AF000****) that we're to write in our forms.
Ur response will be very much appreciated.

you already answered the question yourself
you get to know your dv number on the day of interview
all the best

September Bulletin is out

My brothers Nigeria is current again, praise thy Lord, our God is good

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA CURRENT

Except:
Ethiopia: 26,350
ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT
OCEANIA CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

One love

My brothers Nigeria is current again, praise thy Lord, our God is good

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA CURRENT

Except:
Ethiopia: 26,350
ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT
OCEANIA CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

One love

Jacques
When all numbers are CURRENT, does it mean that VISA is available for all those who are CURRENT or its their is a chance that the VISA might be finished before others even appear for the interview? Please shed my light.

Jacques
When all numbers are CURRENT, does it mean that VISA is available for all those who are CURRENT or its their is a chance that the VISA might be finished before others even appear for the interview? Please shed my light.
I think so but only if you can prove worthiness to claim urs. I believe they don't give out visas when wrong folks are around, however they err sometimes.

@ Johny001 Pls how did ur interview went....come and break the news to us joor for it is very much needed
@ ajaylagos What is keeping u from sharing ur interview experience....we're still waiting, pls
come lets rejoice together

Hi Navigator,

Coincidentally, i was reading some of your post in the 2008 thread yesternight (your expirence @ your POE etc). How is the states now in connection with jobs and the generally standard of living? Any regrets or ortherwise so far? Any advice will also be welcome. Thx for coming back.

My Bros: alexee357,
Thank you for note; There is no regret whatsoever, life here is stll ok-you need to pray and work harder especially if you have work and school at the same time.

POE experience; if you changed your sponsor and/or address prior to leaving your country (Nigeria) make sure you update it at POE and follow it up as soon as you arrived(say within the week). I did not follow up mine, that was why my GC/SSN came late. There were sent to the address I filled in DSP 230.

Having transfered my Transcript, I go to school Mon-Thur and job Fri-Sun. I have finished one semister and have one to go to graduate. I thank GOD for his favour.

So, my people try your best and leave the rest for your Creator.

I will continue to pop in once a while and see how I could help/advice on-coming forumites to the States.
Good luck to all waiting for 2nd letter and/or interview.
Navigator

Jacques

When a conutry or a region becomes current, what it means is that the number of visa available for issuance is more than the number of DV applicants available for interview.

For example in Nigeria, we have about 500 persons remaining for the month of September and the number of visa available is 300. Which means that 22,000 - 22,301 will be schedule for interview, while the remaining 200 will not be schedule since the DV2010 will round-off by September.

However, if we have about 500 persons remaining and the visa numbers available is about 600, which means that there are alot of visa numbers available than the number of Dv applicants, hence it will be declear current. That is the number of visa number available is more that the actual number of DV applicants that would be schedule for interview at the end of the DV2010 exercise.

I trust you understand how it works now.

Can som1 help me out pls...! I was checking up my documents and i discovered my primary sch certificate does nt have Addmission number. But i can assure u it's original (frm d headmaster's office). Do you think d embassy will nt use dis against me. Pls, i need ur reply.

Can som1 help me out pls...! I was checking up my documents and i discovered my primary sch certificate does nt have Addmission number. But i can assure u it's original (frm d headmaster's office). Do you think d embassy will nt use dis against me. Pls, i need ur reply.

Do they actually need primary school school certificate? I don't even know if there is something like a primary school certificate.

Pry sch. cert.

Do they actually need primary school school certificate? I don't even know if there is something like a primary school certificate.

Are u sayin, i should exempt pry sch cert. I thought we are 2go along wit all our document, most especially d one we filled in d form. If it's nt inclusive, den i tink i betta drop it instead of implicating myself.

My Bros: alexee357,
Thank you for note; There is no regret whatsoever, life here is stll ok-you need to pray and work harder especially if you have work and school at the same time.

POE experience; if you changed your sponsor and/or address prior to leaving your country (Nigeria) make sure you update it at POE and follow it up as soon as you arrived(say within the week). I did not follow up mine, that was why my GC/SSN came late. There were sent to the address I filled in DSP 230.

Having transfered my Transcript, I go to school Mon-Thur and job Fri-Sun. I have finished one semister and have one to go to graduate. I thank GOD for his favour.

So, my people try your best and leave the rest for your Creator.

I will continue to pop in once a while and see how I could help/advice on-coming forumites to the States.
Good luck to all waiting for 2nd letter and/or interview.
Navigator

Hi Navigator,

Thank you for sharing your expirence with us.