• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Ikechukwu - It is out of place for them to keep him at the airport for 12 hrs and then fly another 15-17 hrs to the States. I replied Whales based on the lady's experience and I have personally flown same airline more than 15 times, though different routes.

My advice is that Whales should talk to the travel agent before he leaves Naija as they wont listen to him when he gets to Doha.

Cheers

Whales,

Ben is correct talk to your travel agent, you may pay the right amount but the agent will not make Hotel Reservation for you just to make more profit for himself.

Please confirm very quickly, you just can't stay at the airport for 12 long hrs.

@ phluck, I think I have heard about that before too
@ Joequi, I purchased my ticket directly from Qatar airline office within the airport, I would go make inquiries about lodging during the stop-over, I only assumed there was a provision at the time I purchased, so I ignored asking, but I would ask while checking-in my luggage (cos its the same as asking now, since I have purchased the ticket anyway).

Thanks all for the concern and support, I appreciate you guys being there. God bless you all.

Congrats Simon,
At least after everything you were successful.
May I wish all those going for their interviews success.

@pluck2...thank you very much, i really appreciate your help........

@fiso............there is nothing much to say about my interview date that has not been said on this greta forum.......ONLY THAT NOBODY WAS DENIED OR REFUSED A VISA ON THAT DAY......GOD really took control of everything........same questions asked and good answers replied.

what i think matter most is PRAYER.

Hope to leave soon.........but seems ticket is high this time...............can someone tell me when low season starts......
thanks.

Congrats Simon,
At least after everything you were successful.
May I wish all those going for their interviews success.

@fiso............there is nothing much to say about my interview day that has not been said on this great forum.......ONLY THAT NOBODY WAS DENIED OR REFUSED A VISA ON THAT DAY......GOD really took control of everything........same questions asked and good answers replied.

what matter most is PRAYER.

Hope to leave soon.........but seems ticket is high this time...............can someone tell me when low season starts......
thanks.

I picked up my visa yesterday Tuesday 29 June. I had my interview last Tuesday, 22 June and it went well. I have been waiting to pick up my visa before informing the House. I thank God for his Grace, mercies and favour in my life. On that day after the initial procedure and visa fee paid, I was checked in the interview hall. Then I did my documentation. The duplicate copies of documents were collected from me (I was not asked to show the originals of my credentials but for the police and medical certificates which were collected together with the duplicate copies of my documents). I was later called to window 11 by a white American lady. My interview went thus:

CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning

CO: You are here because you are selected for further processing in the diversity programme
Me: Yes

CO: Raise your hand and swear to tell the truth
Me: With right hand raised, I swear to tell the truth

CO: Thumb print (she directed me on how to place my fingers)
Me: Placed my fingers and thumb print

CO: You know you are qualified for further processing in the diversity programme by education
Me: Yes

CO: So it's you ability to answer the questions that I'll ask that will determine whether you are eligible for the visa or not
Me: Okay!

CO: What's your highest level of education?
Me: Answer

CO: At what University?

CO: What's the title of your thesis>

CO: Could you tell me the theme and your conclusion?
Me: Did the lecture ... for about 2 minutes

CO; (The CO raised her right hand and Said) Okay! You are eligible for the visa. Congratulations and welcome to the United States of America
Me: Thank you very much

CO: She asked me to go pick up my visa yesterday, gave a pick up white paper with instructions and a brown slip (not yellow slip) stapled on the pick up slip to me
Me: Thank you very much once again

So I picked up my visa yesterday, Tuesday, 29 June. To God all the honour and glory must be.

To you smalllacrimose, I say a very big thank you for all your wonderful counsels. Yes, you were not frugal in your counsels to me and they paid off. Thanks a million times my dear. To you joequi and many others whose names are too numerous to mention here who felt/ shared my pains with me when I had problem in Japan, I say thank you very much to you all.
red
Again, is there any cheap airline one can recommend for me to go to Atlanta? Delta Airline is exorbitant.

hey izi, that was the day i did my interview and collected our visas................means i would surely have seen you that day.......anyway.......you would be able to recognise me and my wife if i describe my appearance that day..............well hope and wish you good luck in USA. See you on top very soon.

@fiso............there is nothing much to say about my interview day that has not been said on this great forum.......ONLY THAT NOBODY WAS DENIED OR REFUSED A VISA ON THAT DAY......GOD really took control of everything........same questions asked and good answers replied.

what matter most is PRAYER.

thanks.

@ Simon, I got my own ticket last week and it was 176,642 Naira from Emirates Airways. It is not a direct flight though, there is 7hrs stop-over in dubai and that is it. The travel date is end of this month. I also got ticket for my wife and baby to travel in first week of November from Qatar and it was $964.40 for both, that was about say 150k approx.

What To Do At POE

Hello house!

Can any member of the house who is already in the US tell me what forms to fill on-board and what to do at the POE? Also I want to change my address at the POE and I'm not sure if it will affect getting my green card and SSN on time. My POE is JFK, is there any member of the house that lives in NY to e-mail me so that we can talk? My e-mail is emmanuelfatukasi@yahoo.co.uk.

I've seen something similar to this on this forum b4 but I could not find it again.

I congratulates those that had a successful interview and I wish those having their interview this month or the next a successful interview, we're waiting for ur testimonies.

Is the letter a must

@OHIS.....go and get your TO-WHOM-IT- MAY-CONCERN letter from your school. That was what I used.

It will state that you have completed your Bsc and that your result is still awaiting.

I hav finished my exams bt i hav nt submitted my project. Can't i use my Sch ID card, Eligibility form or Admission slip. better still can't dey use my O'Level as my Educatn qualification?

That is just d fact

Ohis,

from the experience of our man gasper, he had the same challenge like yours, he presented both his statement of result and transcript.

You may be asked your highest qualification, do well to tell the CO the truth ie B.sc of course, that u just graduated and your result is not yet out.

Goodluck.

@Joequi, Thanks so much. I was just wondering dat how could i go abt gettin Letter frm my Department. I think i will just tell dem d truth dat i hav nt gotten my result. I hope it won't affect me.

That is just d fact

Ohis,

from the experience of our man gasper, he had the same challenge like yours, he presented both his statement of result and transcript.

You may be asked your highest qualification, do well to tell the CO the truth ie B.sc of course, that u just graduated and your result is not yet out.

Goodluck.

@Joequi, Thanks so much. I was just wondering dat how could i go abt gettin Letter frm my Department. I think i will just tell dem d truth dat i hav nt gotten my result. I hope it won't affect me.

That is just d fact

Ohis,

Goodluck.

That is just d fact

Ohis,

Goodluck.

@phluck thank u for ur responds.................. @ajalagos we are stil hanging on waiting to read ur interview experience....
Home Country : Nigeria
Entered DV lottery : 20th Nov 2008
CN: 2010AF00011***
1st NL dated : 15th Oct 2009
1st NL received: 20 Oct 2009 VIA E-mail
Returned forms: 17 Nov 2009
Confirmed delivery: 3rd December 2009
2nd NL recieved: 7th march 2010
Police Report complited: 16th march 2010 Police Report Renew: waiting
Started medicals: 16th March 2010
Completed Medicals: 24th March 2010 2nd dose of Imunization : 24 April 2010
Interview Date: 06 April 2010 Interview Reschedule to : 4th August 2010
Interview success: waiting. HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.[/QUOTE]

That is just d fact

Ohis,

Goodluck.

That is just d fact

Ohis,

Goodluck.

That is just d fact

Ohis,

Goodluck.

Ohis,

There is no crime telling them the truth, and of course you can use your SSCE. There is no problem with that. If you can, come with your admission letter from JAMB.

I hav finished my exams bt i hav nt submitted my project. Can't i use my Sch ID card, Eligibility form or Admission slip. better still can't dey use my O'Level as my Educatn qualification?

GREAT! you are good to go.......JUST PROVIDE EVERY DOCUMENT TO PROVE THAT YOU ARE NOW A GRADUATE!....just read ok?

You can't predict, just get set for any QUESTION......