• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

@Joequi; they have finally replied me. My interview is scheduled 2nd wk of August. Kcc also confirmed 2me dat my 2NL was sent on d 22nd of June 2010. Since urs n mine was sent d same day... I bliv d package wil get 2us d same day. Have u received urs?

Ohis,

yes we shall recieve our 2nd letter same period. However i am expecting it next week or the upper one.

Stay cool

Hello everyone, pls pray with me that this new month should be the one to remember in my life....God help us all AMEN

Wishing those going for their interview this new month a success.

@ dosino success must come your way in Jesus name - go pick up your visa my brother.

@ Ajalagos, whats up - The good Lord will grant you success i your interview. I know u will be going for ur interview 1st week of July.

You guys should remain bless.

One love

Wishing those going for their interview this new month a success.

@ dosino success must come your way in Jesus name - go pick up your visa my brother.

@ Ajalagos, whats up - The good Lord will grant you success i your interview. I know u will be going for ur interview 1st week of July.

You guys should remain bless.

One love

Thanks for the wishes. I pray every thing works out for good for us all.
Ajaylagos we all are wishing u success as u go for ur interview. we awaits ur
success story....Our Lord is Good

My dear smalllacrimose, I say a very very big Amen to your prayers for me. Blessings to you my sister :)

@ ikechukwu, thanks my brother. Some people were denied, for different reasons. Blessings to you my brother.

@ joequi, thanks a million times. Blessed. May God prepare with you as you prepare for your interview, and go with you and your family to your interview. May you come back to the House with praises, glorification, and testimonies of the goodness of God in Jesus Name.

For those who have been scheduled for interview this Month and beyond, fear not for the Grace and mercies of God are sufficient for all of you. May you all go in peace and come back to the House with testimonies, in Jesus Name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello House, it has been a while since I showed up here, hope everyone is doing great, I would like to congratulate everyone who has had a successful interview lately, and also those that are current I wish you God's favor, and to those waiting to be current, I pray it would come asap.

Please I would like to know if there is a particular amount of money required by individuals proceeding to the USA on non-immigrant visa, I hope those that has traveled would shed more light, and for anyone whose POE was IAH (Intercontinental Airport Houston), please let me know what the procedures are and if i need to go with anything, though I was given an envelope to give to the Immigration upon my arrival which is never to be opened by me, else I get sent back to Nigeria, and I am however leaving it sealed, any important information for my notice would be highly appreciated, as i need to have all these facts asap, before i purchase my ticket.
Thanks for the anticipated info.

hello there,
I arrived USA thru IAH January 2009 and there wasnt much there,.Just got there and we ushered to the immigration office wher we submitted our sealed envelope and after going thru dem the officers called us and had us fill out a form ,green card application and dat was it.there was no mention of any thing like money that u need to have but i guess if u have way too much money u need to declare it.
pls where are u going in houston?
All the best
t

Congrats Izi.All the best in this great nation.Where is DOTMAN?I thought he was suppose to have his interview June.@Jolomi just be calm and be composed to prepare better defence.You and your wife should be doing thorough practices now because the next interview might be tougher.All the same commit everything to God in prayer.Goodluck

Dear Forumites......i;m happy to come back into the house with a good news on my interview....i believe some will not recollect or know my case for i had been away for a long time but it was all for good point at end....Thanks to Alimghty GOD for his infinite mercy, favour and grace over me and my family........i thank Fiso, pluck2 and everyone for their numerous contribution inform of advice and encouragement.........it wasn;t easy but WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

I would have wished to narrate everything that happened on the interview day but space won't contain my gist........please those going for the interview.. i will like to suggest you pray very well for God's mercy and favour.....then prepare based on your education qualification....i mean on what you hold....bsc/hnd/nd/ssce.......that's their first qestion either for single or couple........
for couple please take along enough marriage pictures.....most questions for couples are..........when did u propose to your wife/husband?.......when did u meet your wife?......where did u proposed?........what did u guys do last week saturday amd sunday?....and soon.......BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT BE CONFIDENT AND MAKE SURE YOU LOOK STRAIGHT INTO THE CONSULAR'S EYES when answering him/her with a nice smile.

Thanks once again house.......i love u all. and i wish you all good luck.

Simon2710 congrats.
i think its better to shed more details into your interview so as to assist others preparing for their interview.
goodluck.
...to GOD BE THE GLORY.

My dear smalllacrimose, I say a very very big Amen to your prayers for me. Blessings to you my sister :)

@ ikechukwu, thanks my brother. Some people were denied, for different reasons. Blessings to you my brother.

@ joequi, thanks a million times. Blessed. May God prepare with you as you prepare for your interview, and go with you and your family to your interview. May you come back to the House with praises, glorification, and testimonies of the goodness of God in Jesus Name.

For those who have been scheduled for interview this Month and beyond, fear not for the Grace of God is enough for all of you. May all of you come back to the House with testimonies, in Jesus Name.

My people, I dey search for cheap flight to Atlanta ooo. Make unua help, please.

Izi,

Thanks.

I think it will always be a great help for people who went for their interview to give us their observations about others.
What broughts about the refusal of those who were found ineligible (If any)?. I think is good sometimes to
know the good and the bad coz it will enhance us to avoid those Bad or Wrong sides.
What do you guys think?

Congrats Izi.All the best in this great nation.Where is DOTMAN?I thought he was suppose to have his interview June.@Jolomi just be calm and be composed to prepare better defence.You and your wife should be doing thorough practices now because the next interview might be tougher.All the same commit everything to God in prayer.Goodluck

Thanks gasper2000. Blessed!

@ solution and phluck, thanks a great deal,the info is really helpful. I am going through Qatar airline which is scheduled to stop over at Doha and then proceed to IAH houston, which should be my POE in the united states, so I guess I would have to look out for the immigration and hand over the envelope then get all necessary paper filled and returned then depart to my destination with whatever information/ instruction required.

Thanks a lot guys, I would keep you posted and share more experience as I gather some, and for anyone curious, Qatar airline was the cheapest with the longest stop over of almost 12 hours, at the rate of 212,500 naira. though dates are scarce to book these days cos i had to go back to the airport thrice to get a date.

@ solution and phluck, thanks a great deal,the info is really helpful. I am going through Qatar airline which is scheduled to stop over at Doha and then proceed to IAH houston, which should be my POE in the united states, so I guess I would have to look out for the immigration and hand over the envelope then get all necessary paper filled and returned then depart to my destination with whatever information/ instruction required.

Thanks a lot guys, I would keep you posted and share more experience as I gather some, and for anyone curious, Qatar airline was the cheapest with the longest stop over of almost 12 hours, at the rate of 212,500 naira. though dates are scarce to book these days cos i had to go back to the airport thrice to get a date.

whales,

This 12 hrs stop over, was there any Hotel reservation for you?

One love

Whales - They will lodge you into a hotel if you insist. A friend flew on QA from Houston to Naija (twice) and was lodged in a hotel. The issue might be that of visa but they didnt ask for that from my friend and she only has a GC.

Cheers

@ Joequi, there was nothing mentioned of hotel.
@ Ben, I would insist as you advised and feed you back with my experience when the time comes.
@ joyful, my destination is Leawood drive, but I would be visiting Friendswood too.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your assistance big deal, and to those current and waiting to be current, we continue to pray with you for a successful interview in God's good time.

Whales - They will lodge you into a hotel if you insist. A friend flew on QA from Houston to Naija (twice) and was lodged in a hotel. The issue might be that of visa but they didnt ask for that from my friend and she only has a GC.

Cheers

my brother
They will lodge you into a hotel only if they bridge the contract they hard with u which is the (12hours),
is like this u all to have a conecting flight 12hours after u arrive at duha (QT) to USA so anything more than the initial 12hours they will do anything possible to please u by lodge you into a hotel.

Dear Forumites......i;m happy to come back into the house with a good news on my interview....i believe some will not recollect or know my case for i had been away for a long time but it was all for good point at end....Thanks to Alimghty GOD for his infinite mercy, favour and grace over me and my family........i thank Fiso, pluck2 and everyone for their numerous contribution inform of advice and encouragement.........it wasn;t easy but WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

I would have wished to narrate everything that happened on the interview day but space won't contain my gist........please those going for the interview.. i will like to suggest you pray very well for God's mercy and favour.....then prepare based on your education qualification....i mean on what you hold....bsc/hnd/nd/ssce.......that's their first qestion either for single or couple........
for couple please take along enough marriage pictures.....most questions for couples are..........when did u propose to your wife/husband?.......when did u meet your wife?......where did u proposed?........what did u guys do last week saturday amd sunday?....and soon.......BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT BE CONFIDENT AND MAKE SURE YOU LOOK STRAIGHT INTO THE CONSULAR'S EYES when answering him/her with a nice smile.

Thanks once again house.......i love u all. and i wish you all good luck.

Congrats Simon,
At least after everything you were successful.
May I wish all those going for their interviews success.

@ Ikechukwu, thanks a great deal, I am noting all the details that you my people have been feeding me with, information is power.

Cheers to you all.

my brother
They will lodge you into a hotel only if they bridge the contract they hard with u which is the (12hours),
is like this u all to have a conecting flight 12hours after u arrive at duha (QT) to USA so anything more than the initial 12hours they will do anything possible to please u by lodge you into a hotel.

Ikechukwu - It is out of place for them to keep him at the airport for 12 hrs and then fly another 15-17 hrs to the States. I replied Whales based on the lady's experience and I have personally flown same airline more than 15 times, though different routes.

My advice is that Whales should talk to the travel agent before he leaves Naija as they wont listen to him when he gets to Doha.

Cheers

@ Whales thats a good price though such hours waiting. If it is Delta, mehn u will be enjoying urself one way to united states.