• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

HOME COUNTRY : Cameroon
Presently studying in: Nigeria
CASE NUMBER:2010AF000459XX
NL RECEIVED BY E-MAIL: January 13, 2010
SENT TO KCC VIA DHL: February 3, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA DHL : February 10, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA KCC: February 22nd 2010
CURRENT IN JULY
SECOND LETTER SENT: still waiting
SECOND LETTER RECEIVED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT STARTED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT COMPLETED: still waiting
MEDICAL STARTED: still waiting
MEDICAL COMPLETED: still waiting
INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL: still waiting
VISA COLLECTED: still waiting

hi to all
wish to thank you all for the reply to my questions and encouragements.i wish all those whose interview dates have been fixed succes. For those current i say goodluck as you prepare your documents and wishing those who havent been current, current in the next visa bulletin
Also according to the recently released visa bulletin this evening, i am current in july from my signature above does it mean i will be scheduled for an interview this july or will it be in august or september? i am very much scared cuz if you read my signatures above you people will discouver that i received my notification letter very late i;e in january 2010 and i sent it back to kcc but in February so i was thinking that this wil affect my interview date as they treat files on a first come first serve bases.
pls i will love to read from you all

I tink u are very correct Joequi. U have said it b4 dat August is our Month. I nw bliv u.

my brother ohis, it is the lord's doing. From my study of previous bulletine (from 200 - 2009) i came to the conclusion that we must be current in July or August and the Lord has done it. i need few hundred to be current.

And the next bulletin will be ok as well.

goodluck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello House,

It's been a while since I have been out here, I have completed everything needed and just on the countdown for my interview which is to come up in 2 weeks 1 day from now. I have read through 60 pages of the entire 107 pages as at today and now have clear ideas on how the interview works. I really want to commend everyone that has contributed to this forum, and I hope that we stick around here even whilst out there in the usa. One important idea that stuck while I was going through the thread was that from interview experiences shared, we have earned the Visa and the green card as it may, only that the interview is only a formal conduct to make certain that the visa is being granted to the person who earned it, however, for this reason I think there is nothing to be fearfull about, all I think the CO's are trying to figure out is to match our presentations with our claimed level of experience at it may apply to work or school qualifications attained.

At any rate, I am going to get my claim mine in 2 weeks and 1 day from now, then return to share the good news with the house, @ petit, phluck, gasper, bammyrichie, fiso, joequi, ferdii and any other names missed, I really appreciate the good work that you guys have relentlessly put up, and I pray that we would enjoy the grace to share more good news in this forum Insha Allah (Amin) .

2010AF00014***
31st Mar, 2009 1st NL received
23rd Apr, 2009 forms sent back to kcc
1st Apr,10 police report completed
6th Apr,10 medicals started
8th Apr,10 2nd NL received
9th Apr,10 medicals completed
9th May,10 2nd dose of immunization recieved
26th May,10 interview scheduled for 7:00 am

Wishing you success my brother.

Hi all,

Thanks for your support all through the months and I can tell you it has not been an easy wait but it’s been worth it. Congratulations Ayoblack and please keep in touch as I no longer have your number. @ Fiso, my husband and I were together b4 we applied, we had a baby and applied as a couple. However, we were not legally married then cos my husband was expecting his papers here in the UK and we could neither go to Naija for the wedding rites or registry here cos he was illegal. We only did the traditional introduction in absentia in naija. We thought we could claim being legally married with that and customary marriage but a lawyer told us to stipulate in the forms that Kentucky sent to us that our introduction was our traditional marriage.

Anyway, my husband got his leave to remain indefinitely here a few weeks after we got the notification of the lottery. We then quickly went to the registry here and I also did a change of name last month.

The Interview Experience.

There was the usual wait and we were eventually called in. My husband was the principal applicant and his educational qualifications and other documents we took with us were collected. They collected our AOS form and our bank statements as prove of means to sustain, we were then directed to go pay the non-refundable fee. We then had to wait for a long time before the actual interview. The interviewer took our fingerprints again and we took an oat. My husband was asked to confirm where he completed his masters program (uk) and first degree (uk) and the job he is presently doing. The interviewer did not ask about the waec cert from naija neither did he mention anything about my USA visiting visa refusal in the same embassy 3 yrs ago. i was not asked any question or why my marriage certificate had a different date to the one in the form were we wrote our trad. marriage date. That was the end of the interview and he congratulated us and told us to expect the visa between 3-5 working days but we got it 2 days later.

Best wishes to all that are remaining.

Congratulations!!!
I've been trying to get across to u, infact I sent text to u twice with my Nigeria number but u did not reply any of my text. I dont know the number off-hand, thats why I texted u. U can get to me via this e-mails; ayoblack080@yahoo.co.uk or emmanuelfatukasi@yahoo.co.uk. Pls make sure u copy both whenever u're e-mailing me. I got my wife and baby's visa today. I will be waiting to hear from u soon.

Received Visa For My Wife & Baby Today

Hello good people in the house, I received visas for my wife and baby today. All we need to do now is decide when to go to USA. I want to say big thank u to everybody in this forum. I really appreciate all ur contributions and I pray good news shall not cease in this house in JESUS name (AMEN).

I wish those going for interview this week and next success in JESUS name. Those waiting to be current, I pray the good lord will not kill ur hope in JESUS name (AMEN)

I shall see u all on top because we're all destined to be there.

Mr Smalllacrimose had a successful interview today in lagos. We thank God...Its been a long journey but God surprised us. The interview went pretty straightforward..

co: u swear.....
me: i swear.....
Co: so wen did you get to the states
Me: XXXX
CO: and you went to Lincoln University
Me : yes
Co: and then drexel University
me: yes
Co: how long did you spend in drexel University
me: X years
Co: was lincoln a community college
me: no but a crappy college
Co: so you are in Oklahoma now
me: yea..doing XXX Engineering
Co: wot do you wanna be wen you get out
me: hopefully reservoir engineer
Co: u know that if you don't get this visa, you wont be allowed back cuz your F-1 visa is canceled
me: oh yeah
co: well, dont worry about it. you are good
me: aiight thanks
co: you are no longer a student..you now a resident!!

Special thanks to everyone on this forum...Gasper, IZI, phluck, Ben Emman, Ajayilagos, dotman, Freedom, petit and everyone else that has supported Miss Smalllacrimose and given valuable advice..May God bless everyone!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Smalllacrimose had a successful interview today in lagos. We thank God...Its been a long journey but God surprised us. The interview went pretty straightforward..

Co: u know that if you don't get this visa, you wont be allowed back cuz your F-1 visa is canceled

Special thanks to everyone on this forum...Gasper, IZI, phluck, Ben Emman, Ajayilagos, dotman, Freedom, petit and everyone else that has supported Miss Smalllacrimose and given valuable advice..May God bless everyone!!!

CONGRATULATIONS.
The covenant of success remains unchanged.
We give God alone the glory

Visa Bulletin 4July

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 54,100

Except:
Egypt: 24,500
Ethiopia: 25,100
Nigeria: 18,850
ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 32,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5
OCEANIA 1,300
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,500

Pls, where did u get d information or are u predicting? I've checked d visa bulleting. They're still in June, dey have nt given numbers 4July. Hw did u get urs?

That is the koko......''YOU ARE NOW A RESIDENT''.It is wonderful to be here;no more thought of visa expiration.Congrats mr/miss SMALLACRIMOSE.All the best in your next step in life.

I dey mark my one year anniversary in the forum...lol.Today made it a year i came into the forum looking confused;asking all kind of questions.I really look back to God with gratitude for bringing me to the forum cos some people paid agents over 100k to prepare for their interview but i did not only make my interview but now have a broader knowledge about immigration through the help of this forum.Thanks guys for your enriching contributions...keeping coming to help others even after you receive your visas and land in the states.Goodluck to you all!

I dey mark my one year anniversary in the forum...lol.Today made it a year i came into the forum looking confused;asking all kind of questions.I really look back to God with gratitude for bringing me to the forum cos some people paid agents over 100k to prepare for their interview but i did not only make my interview but now have a broader knowledge about immigration through the help of this forum.Thanks guys for your enriching contributions...keeping coming to help others even after you receive your visas and land in the states.Goodluck to you all!

Gasper,
Nice one here.
But u go still pay oooooooo
lol
Take care

thanks again Gasper!!! I am glad there is a forum like this, it made the whole process simpler and easier!!!

thanks again Gasper!!! I am glad there is a forum like this, it made the whole process simpler and easier!!!

Big Congratulations! I don't still know ur gender oh!
I want to believe it was done in Lagos. Hence mild threat on ur F1 cancellation right. And I did not hear Status Adjustment which is done in the States. What are the implications please?

Congrats smallacrimose, I also had my interview in London yesterday and was successful too. Thank you all guys and wish everyone success in their interviews. Read my interview experience in the Ghanaian thread.

Big Congratulations! I don't still know ur gender oh!
I want to believe it was done in Lagos. Hence mild threat on ur F1 cancellation right. And I did not hear Status Adjustment which is done in the States. What are the implications please?

Thank you, I am a female here on behalf of Mr Smalllacrimose. Yes the interview was done in lagos because he choose CP instead of AOS in the states. The pros of doing CP is that it is faster and more straightforward. The cons is that if you were denied, you wont be able to return to the states (or it would be difficult) under a nonimmigrant visa..(F-1 visa, or B1/B2 visa) since they require non-immigration intent. Once you file for DV-lottery you have shown interest in becoming a permanent resident.

Pros of doing AOS is that you remain in the US while you apply or adjust status. If the person was denied at the interview, you can appeal which you cant do if you choose CP. The consulars decision is final at a US embassy abroad. Most people are comfortable with the fact that they can appeal if anything goes wrong plus you dont have to waste money for ticket to fly back home

Cons of doing AOS is that it can be a complicated process and if care is not taken, the whole process from when you become current can take between 2-5months. If you have a high case number, you dont have that time to gamble because you have to adjust your status before Sept 30th. If the process is not completed before the deadline, the person status in the US may become out of status or illegal.

Thank you, I am a female here on behalf of Mr Smalllacrimose. Yes the interview was done in lagos because he choose CP instead of AOS in the states. The pros of doing CP is that it is faster and more straightforward. The cons is that if you were denied, you wont be able to return to the states (or it would be difficult) under a nonimmigrant visa..(F-1 visa, or B1/B2 visa) since they require non-immigration intent. Once you file for DV-lottery you have shown interest in becoming a permanent resident.

Pros of doing AOS is that you remain in the US while you apply or adjust status. If the person was denied at the interview, you can appeal which you cant do if you choose CP. The consulars decision is final at a US embassy abroad. Most people are comfortable with the fact that they can appeal if anything goes wrong plus you dont have to waste money for ticket to fly back home

Cons of doing AOS is that it can be a complicated process and if care is not taken, the whole process from when you become current can take between 2-5months. If you have a high case number, you dont have that time to gamble because you have to adjust your status before Sept 30th. If the process is not completed before the deadline, the person status in the US may become out of status or illegal.

Hi smalllacrimose,

Congratulation on your successful interview yesterday. It's also good to know that since you opted for CP, you came all the way from the states for your interview in Nigeria. I was wondering what would have happened if you were not successful in your in your interview yesterday.
Anyway since you are come from the states, could you please tell us more about the employment situation there in these recession period? May be any information as to the standard of living there as a green card holder will also be appreciated.
Congratulation once again