• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Interview experience

Hi all,

Thanks for your support all through the months and I can tell you it has not been an easy wait but it’s been worth it. Congratulations Ayoblack and please keep in touch as I no longer have your number. @ Fiso, my husband and I were together b4 we applied, we had a baby and applied as a couple. However, we were not legally married then cos my husband was expecting his papers here in the UK and we could neither go to Naija for the wedding rites or registry here cos he was illegal. We only did the traditional introduction in absentia in naija. We thought we could claim being legally married with that and customary marriage but a lawyer told us to stipulate in the forms that Kentucky sent to us that our introduction was our traditional marriage.

Anyway, my husband got his leave to remain indefinitely here a few weeks after we got the notification of the lottery. We then quickly went to the registry here and I also did a change of name last month.

The Interview Experience.

There was the usual wait and we were eventually called in. My husband was the principal applicant and his educational qualifications and other documents we took with us were collected. They collected our AOS form and our bank statements as prove of means to sustain, we were then directed to go pay the non-refundable fee. We then had to wait for a long time before the actual interview. The interviewer took our fingerprints again and we took an oat. My husband was asked to confirm where he completed his masters program (uk) and first degree (uk) and the job he is presently doing. The interviewer did not ask about the waec cert from naija neither did he mention anything about my USA visiting visa refusal in the same embassy 3 yrs ago. i was not asked any question or why my marriage certificate had a different date to the one in the form were we wrote our trad. marriage date. That was the end of the interview and he congratulated us and told us to expect the visa between 3-5 working days but we got it 2 days later.

Best wishes to all that are remaining.

I bliv d next visa bulleting will b favorable 2pple like me havin high CN. Smthg tells me dat dis next visa bulletin 4 July, i'm gonna b current...! @Joequi, i need ur contact. Hw do i get it?

Hi all,

Thanks for your support all through the months and I can tell you it has not been an easy wait but it’s been worth it. Congratulations Ayoblack and please keep in touch as I no longer have your number. @ Fiso, my husband and I were together b4 we applied, we had a baby and applied as a couple. However, we were not legally married then cos my husband was expecting his papers here in the UK and we could neither go to Naija for the wedding rites or registry here cos he was illegal. We only did the traditional introduction in absentia in naija. We thought we could claim being legally married with that and customary marriage but a lawyer told us to stipulate in the forms that Kentucky sent to us that our introduction was our traditional marriage.

Anyway, my husband got his leave to remain indefinitely here a few weeks after we got the notification of the lottery. We then quickly went to the registry here and I also did a change of name last month.

The Interview Experience.

There was the usual wait and we were eventually called in. My husband was the principal applicant and his educational qualifications and other documents we took with us were collected. They collected our AOS form and our bank statements as prove of means to sustain, we were then directed to go pay the non-refundable fee. We then had to wait for a long time before the actual interview. The interviewer took our fingerprints again and we took an oat. My husband was asked to confirm where he completed his masters program (uk) and first degree (uk) and the job he is presently doing. The interviewer did not ask about the waec cert from naija neither did he mention anything about my USA visiting visa refusal in the same embassy 3 yrs ago. i was not asked any question or why my marriage certificate had a different date to the one in the form were we wrote our trad. marriage date. That was the end of the interview and he congratulated us and told us to expect the visa between 3-5 working days but we got it 2 days later.

Best wishes to all that are remaining.

Congrats! I bet it was London office. Very mild people and experience!

Hello All, someone just called me today that his brother just got his 2010 first notification. The address he used did not get him the envelope since it was delivered and I bet this dude did not use the online to confirm. Does he have any chance and hope in hell? He will be coming to Jos from Lafia and I don't even know the case number until he comes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! I bet it was London office. Very mild people and experience!

Hello All, someone just called me today that his brother just got his 2010 first notification. The address he used did not get him the envelope since it was delivered and I bet this dude did not use the online to confirm. Does he have any chance and hope in hell? He will be coming to Jos from Lafia and I don't even know the case number until he comes in.

House,can someone tell me what other documents my sponsor need 2 add with the I-134 form? And can this form and other documents be faxed to me instead of thru post?...for security reason as she claims. Waiting 2 hear from u forumites....

startup congrats.
Pls were u guys married before or after u won the lottery?pls if u dont mind can u upload ur experience.thanks.
To others going for interview soonest best of luck. For those waiting patiently to be current good luck as well .

House,can someone tell me what other documents my sponsor need 2 add with the I-134 form? And can this form and other documents be faxed to me instead of thru post?...for security reason as she claims. Waiting 2 hear from u forumites....

simon2710, you dont need the affidavit of support here in nigeria. All you need to know is the address where u will be staying in usa, so that ur green card will be sent there and ur relationship to the person u will be staying with at that address.pls u and ur wife must know this fully.

simon2710, you dont need the affidavit of support here in nigeria. All you need to know is the address where u will be staying in usa, so that ur green card will be sent there and ur relationship to the person u will be staying with at that address.pls u and ur wife must know this fully.

really? So i dont need any of d financial proof- d affidavit of support or my financial status here in Nigeria but i read people comment abt it.Pls put me thru a bit more. And fiso,thanks 4 d pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon2710, so far as DV lottery is concerned in Nigeria you dont need proof of affidavit of support.

really? So i dont need any of d financial proof- d affidavit of support or my financial status here in Nigeria but i read people comment abt it.Pls put me thru a bit more. And fiso,thanks 4 d pm.

Yes, u don't need it, as long as you are from Nigeria and your interview is in Nigeria.

Goodluck

Hello House,

It's been a while since I have been out here, I have completed everything needed and just on the countdown for my interview which is to come up in 2 weeks 1 day from now. I have read through 60 pages of the entire 107 pages as at today and now have clear ideas on how the interview works. I really want to commend everyone that has contributed to this forum, and I hope that we stick around here even whilst out there in the usa. One important idea that stuck while I was going through the thread was that from interview experiences shared, we have earned the Visa and the green card as it may, only that the interview is only a formal conduct to make certain that the visa is being granted to the person who earned it, however, for this reason I think there is nothing to be fearfull about, all I think the CO's are trying to figure out is to match our presentations with our claimed level of experience at it may apply to work or school qualifications attained.

At any rate, I am going to get my claim mine in 2 weeks and 1 day from now, then return to share the good news with the house, @ petit, phluck, gasper, bammyrichie, fiso, joequi, ferdii and any other names missed, I really appreciate the good work that you guys have relentlessly put up, and I pray that we would enjoy the grace to share more good news in this forum Insha Allah (Amin) .

2010AF00014***
31st Mar, 2009 1st NL received
23rd Apr, 2009 forms sent back to kcc
1st Apr,10 police report completed
6th Apr,10 medicals started
8th Apr,10 2nd NL received
9th Apr,10 medicals completed
9th May,10 2nd dose of immunization recieved
26th May,10 interview scheduled for 7:00 am

Holidays & cash

Dear Forumites,
How are we doing, I hope everything is ok?
Someone sent me this website and when I registered, I discovered it is not something I should keep to myself. That is why I'm sharing with you all.

I would like you to share in this network marketing that will not only bring in EXTRA CASH reward but also DISCOUNTS in holidays accommodations, air tickets, meeting people etc .
ALL U NEED IS TO MARKET THIS TO TWO OR MORE OTHER PERSONS and encourage/teach them on how to
market it to other people. JUST INTRODUCE IT TO THEM & ENCOURAGE THEM TO ........

This is real, if not I will not stick out my neck in the public. Moreover, Professor Pat Utomi of Lagos Business School is the Chairman.

Pls login to the website below and TOUR before you BUY NOW.

When one becomes a Distrubtor one
>receives cash reward on a weekly basis from both your Uplink and Downlink
>60% of sales are paid to you as cash reward
>30-70% discounts on hotels and/or air tickets.
>And others.

These are some of the benefits. You need to register yourself and register as many as possible UNDER YOU to get the Maximun benefits. That is the more people under you the better; moreover you share from you Upline (above you)

You need only $250/year or its Naira equivalent if you are registering in Nigeria.
One could pay $270 with credit card.

Pls market this to ALL your friends.

So login to my website below and TAKE A TOUR of the benefits before deciding to BUY NOW.

Login to www.holidaysandcash.com/navigator
Thanks
Navigator

Hello House,

It's been a while since I have been out here, I have completed everything needed and just on the countdown for my interview which is to come up in 2 weeks 1 day from now. I have read through 60 pages of the entire 107 pages as at today and now have clear ideas on how the interview works. I really want to commend everyone that has contributed to this forum, and I hope that we stick around here even whilst out there in the usa. One important idea that stuck while I was going through the thread was that from interview experiences shared, we have earned the Visa and the green card as it may, only that the interview is only a formal conduct to make certain that the visa is being granted to the person who earned it, however, for this reason I think there is nothing to be fearfull about, all I think the CO's are trying to figure out is to match our presentations with our claimed level of experience at it may apply to work or school qualifications attained.

At any rate, I am going to get my claim mine in 2 weeks and 1 day from now, then return to share the good news with the house, @ petit, phluck, gasper, bammyrichie, fiso, joequi, ferdii and any other names missed, I really appreciate the good work that you guys have relentlessly put up, and I pray that we would enjoy the grace to share more good news in this forum Insha Allah (Amin) .

2010AF00014***

Best of luck my brother

Visa Bulletin for July

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 54,100

Except:
Egypt: 24,500
Ethiopia: 25,100
Nigeria: 18,850
ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 32,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5
OCEANIA 1,300
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,500

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 54,100

Except:
Egypt: 24,500
Ethiopia: 25,100
Nigeria: 18,850
ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 32,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5
OCEANIA 1,300
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,500

Nice figures guys.
Joequi get set for the next one.
Congrats to all those that are current.

Nice figures guys.
Joequi get set for the next one.
Congrats to all those that are current.

My brother Prophet Phluck,

this is definately a good one for us, thank God that i will be current when the next bulletin comes out by the grace of God. I am very excited with this number.

Prophet Phluck , thanks for your encouragement this while. For those current for July - success must come your way in Jesus name.

AyoLagos, confirm if you are current?

Hello House,

2010AF00014***

Goodluck to you in your upcoming interview, I wish you all the best...

HOME COUNTRY : Cameroon
Presently studying in: Nigeria
CASE NUMBER:2010AF000459XX
NL RECEIVED BY E-MAIL: January 13, 2010
SENT TO KCC VIA DHL: February 3, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA DHL : February 10, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA KCC: February 22nd 2010
CURRENT IN JULY
SECOND LETTER SENT: still waiting
SECOND LETTER RECEIVED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT STARTED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT COMPLETED: still waiting
MEDICAL STARTED: still waiting
MEDICAL COMPLETED: still waiting
INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL: still waiting
VISA COLLECTED: still waiting

hi to all
wish to thank you all for the reply to my questions and encouragements.i wish all those whose interview dates have been fixed succes. For those current i say goodluck as you prepare your documents and wishing those who havent been current, current in the next visa bulletin
Also according to the recently released visa bulletin this evening, i am current in july from my signature above does it mean i will be scheduled for an interview this july or will it be in august or september? i am very much scared cuz if you read my signatures above you people will discouver that i received my notification letter very late i;e in january 2010 and i sent it back to kcc but in February so i was thinking that this wil affect my interview date as they treat files on a first come first serve bases.
pls i will love to read from you all

HOME COUNTRY : Cameroon
Presently studying in: Nigeria
CASE NUMBER:2010AF000459XX
NL RECEIVED BY E-MAIL: January 13, 2010
SENT TO KCC VIA DHL: February 3, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA DHL : February 10, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA KCC: February 22nd 2010
CURRENT IN JULY
SECOND LETTER SENT: still waiting
SECOND LETTER RECEIVED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT STARTED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT COMPLETED: still waiting
MEDICAL STARTED: still waiting
MEDICAL COMPLETED: still waiting
INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL: still waiting
VISA COLLECTED: still waiting

hi to all
wish to thank you all for the reply to my questions and encouragements.i wish all those whose interview dates have been fixed succes. For those current i say goodluck as you prepare your documents and wishing those who havent been current, current in the next visa bulletin
Also according to the recently released visa bulletin this evening, i am current in july from my signature above does it mean i will be scheduled for an interview this july or will it be in august or september? i am very much scared cuz if you read my signatures above you people will discouver that i received my notification letter very late i;e in january 2010 and i sent it back to kcc but in February so i was thinking that this wil affect my interview date as they treat files on a first come first serve bases.
pls i will love to read from you all

If you just sent your forms back in February my brother you really have to pray hard cos your forms will still be undergoing precessing with KCC. Its a tricky one but I believe you might be able to get actually current in August/September.
I will also advice you always try and call KCC always
Best of luck

Hello House,

2010AF00014***

whales, wish u all the best in ur upcoming interview.