• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Mr Smalllacrimose had a successful interview today in lagos. We thank God...Its been a long journey but God surprised us. The interview went pretty straightforward..

co: u swear.....
me: i swear.....
Co: so wen did you get to the states
Me: XXXX
CO: and you went to Lincoln University
Me : yes
Co: and then drexel University
me: yes
Co: how long did you spend in drexel University
me: X years
Co: was lincoln a community college
me: no but a crappy college
Co: so you are in Oklahoma now
me: yea..doing XXX Engineering
Co: wot do you wanna be wen you get out
me: hopefully reservoir engineer
Co: u know that if you don't get this visa, you wont be allowed back cuz your F-1 visa is canceled
me: oh yeah
co: well, dont worry about it. you are good
me: aiight thanks
co: you are no longer a student..you now a resident!!

Special thanks to everyone on this forum...Gasper, IZI, phluck, Ben Emman, Ajayilagos, dotman, Freedom, petit and everyone else that has supported Miss Smalllacrimose and given valuable advice..May God bless everyone!!!

Congratullation, i like this stament you are no longer a student..you now a resident!!,

Goodluck

Received Visa For My Wife & Baby Today

Hello good people in the house, I received visas for my wife and baby today. All we need to do now is decide when to go to USA. I want to say big thank u to everybody in this forum. I really appreciate all ur contributions and I pray good news shall not cease in this house in JESUS name (AMEN).

I wish those going for interview this week and next success in JESUS name. Those waiting to be current, I pray the good lord will not kill ur hope in JESUS name (AMEN)

I shall see u all on top because we're all destined to be there.

Ayoblack,

Congratulations, and thanks for ur kind words. Extend my greetings to your family.

Goodluck in the states.

I dey mark my one year anniversary in the forum...lol.Today made it a year i came into the forum looking confused;asking all kind of questions.I really look back to God with gratitude for bringing me to the forum cos some people paid agents over 100k to prepare for their interview but i did not only make my interview but now have a broader knowledge about immigration through the help of this forum.Thanks guys for your enriching contributions...keeping coming to help others even after you receive your visas and land in the states.Goodluck to you all!

gasper,

congrats for making one year in this forume.

The Lord is your strenght.

Thank you, I am a female here on behalf of Mr Smalllacrimose. Yes the interview was done in lagos because he choose CP instead of AOS in the states. The pros of doing CP is that it is faster and more straightforward. The cons is that if you were denied, you wont be able to return to the states (or it would be difficult) under a nonimmigrant visa..(F-1 visa, or B1/B2 visa) since they require non-immigration intent. Once you file for DV-lottery you have shown interest in becoming a permanent resident.

Pros of doing AOS is that you remain in the US while you apply or adjust status. If the person was denied at the interview, you can appeal which you cant do if you choose CP. The consulars decision is final at a US embassy abroad. Most people are comfortable with the fact that they can appeal if anything goes wrong plus you dont have to waste money for ticket to fly back home

Cons of doing AOS is that it can be a complicated process and if care is not taken, the whole process from when you become current can take between 2-5months. If you have a high case number, you dont have that time to gamble because you have to adjust your status before Sept 30th. If the process is not completed before the deadline, the person status in the US may become out of status or illegal.

Okay, so you came to Nigeria to have this CP? Or it coincided with your holiday or something? But if Case file number is high, it should reflect on CP or AOS, my guess. Or can a high CN fit in more on AOS? I guess when one submits forms with KCC, has some time benefits too.Lots of questions, however I know u will give them a go not only for my rich understanding but for others who will benefit. I wish u all the best in ur career and life in America.

congrats

Mr Smalllacrimose had a successful interview today in lagos. We thank God...Its been a long journey but God surprised us. The interview went pretty straightforward..

co: u swear.....
me: i swear.....
Co: so wen did you get to the states
Me: XXXX
CO: and you went to Lincoln University
Me : yes
Co: and then drexel University
me: yes
Co: how long did you spend in drexel University
me: X years
Co: was lincoln a community college
me: no but a crappy college
Co: so you are in Oklahoma now
me: yea..doing XXX Engineering
Co: wot do you wanna be wen you get out
me: hopefully reservoir engineer
Co: u know that if you don't get this visa, you wont be allowed back cuz your F-1 visa is canceled
me: oh yeah
co: well, dont worry about it. you are good
me: aiight thanks
co: you are no longer a student..you now a resident!!

Special thanks to everyone on this forum...Gasper, IZI, phluck, Ben Emman, Ajayilagos, dotman, Freedom, petit and everyone else that has supported Miss Smalllacrimose and given valuable advice..May God bless everyone!!!

congrats mr&mrs smalllacrimose i just saw ur today.wishing u guys all the best as u change status.

Hi smalllacrimose,

Congratulation on your successful interview yesterday. It's also good to know that since you opted for CP, you came all the way from the states for your interview in Nigeria. I was wondering what would have happened if you were not successful in your in your interview yesterday.
Anyway since you are come from the states, could you please tell us more about the employment situation there in these recession period? May be any information as to the standard of living there as a green card holder will also be appreciated.
Congratulation once again

thank you Alexee, If he wasn't successful, we would have been in big trouble but we had faith and trusted God!!! We also had back up plans just in case.
Employment situation is getting better...Things are still hard though, it would take patience and perseverance to get what you really want. I am sure other members of this forum would agree ( Petit, Gasper, Danje and all) As a green card holder, you have a thousand and one opportunities. The first year of getting green card might be rough but the reward is greater at the end.

Okay, so you came to Nigeria to have this CP? Or it coincided with your holiday or something? But if Case file number is high, it should reflect on CP or AOS, my guess. Or can a high CN fit in more on AOS? I guess when one submits forms with KCC, has some time benefits too.Lots of questions, however I know u will give them a go not only for my rich understanding but for others who will benefit. I wish u all the best in ur career and life in America.

Yes, he went just for CP. Normally, people advise others to go CP if your case number is high but some people still risk AOS with high case numbers. It can be done even with high case number and is probably the safe way to do it instead of going back to your home country. The earlier you submit your package the better.

He choose CP for these reason: 1) Last fiscal year his case number did not become current till August, which means he technically had 2 months for AOS before Sept 30th. (but then the visa bulletin went by quickly this year for Nigeria) 2) Graduation was around the corner, and he would graduated before his number got called according to 2009 fiscal year...And to do AOS you must be in legal status (F Visa, H Visa or any other type of visa that qualifies for AOS). After graduation, you have 60 days grace period to leave the country or apply for OPT/H1 B if you have a job.

Received Visa For My Wife & Baby Today

Hello good people in the house, I received visas for my wife and baby today. All we need to do now is decide when to go to USA. I want to say big thank u to everybody in this forum. I really appreciate all ur contributions and I pray good news shall not cease in this house in JESUS name (AMEN).

I wish those going for interview this week and next success in JESUS name. Those waiting to be current, I pray the good lord will not kill ur hope in JESUS name (AMEN)

I shall see u all on top because we're all destined to be there.

Congratulationsss Ayo Black....God who started the good work was faithful to complete it.....

Yes, he went just for CP. Normally, people advise others to go CP if your case number is high but some people still risk AOS with high case numbers. It can be done even with high case number and is probably the safe way to do it instead of going back to your home country. The earlier you submit your package the better.

He choose CP for these reason: 1) Last fiscal year his case number did not become current till August, which means he technically had 2 months for AOS before Sept 30th. (but then the visa bulletin went by quickly this year for Nigeria) 2) Graduation was around the corner, and he would graduated before his number got called according to 2009 fiscal year...And to do AOS you must be in legal status (F Visa, H Visa or any other type of visa that qualifies for AOS). After graduation, you have 60 days grace period to leave the country or apply for OPT/H1 B if you have a job.

Okay. Thanks for the whole explanation and ur time.

thank you Alexee, If he wasn't successful, we would have been in big trouble but we had faith and trusted God!!! We also had back up plans just in case.
Employment situation is getting better...Things are still hard though, it would take patience and perseverance to get what you really want. I am sure other members of this forum would agree ( Petit, Gasper, Danje and all) As a green card holder, you have a thousand and one opportunities. The first year of getting green card might be rough but the reward is greater at the end.

Hi, thank you very much for the information. Congratulations once again.

HI TO ALL
I called KCC yesterday and they confirmed my interview date for 8TH July 2010
I wish to thank the forum for the quick response of my questions
I will be glad to receive advices from all members of this great forum especially on how to go about with the compilation of my documents
I also plead you all guys should include me in prayers
Will always keep in touch

HOME COUNTRY : Cameroon
Presently studying in: Nigeria
CASE NUMBER:2010AF00045XXX
NL RECEIVED BY E-MAIL: January 13, 2010
SENT TO KCC VIA DHL: February 3, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA DHL : February 10, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA KCC: February 22nd 2010
CURRENT IN JULY
INTERVIEW DATE: 8TH JULY 2010
SECOND LETTER SENT: still waiting
SECOND LETTER RECEIVED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT STARTED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT COMPLETED: still waiting
MEDICAL STARTED: still waiting
MEDICAL COMPLETED: still waiting
INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL: still waiting
VISA COLLECTED: still waiting

HI TO ALL
I called KCC yesterday and they confirmed my interview date for 8TH July 2010
I wish to thank the forum for the quick response of my questions
I will be glad to receive advices from all members of this great forum especially on how to go about with the compilation of my documents
I also plead you all guys should include me in prayers
Will always keep in touch

CURRENT IN JULY

Asanrex,
We will surely include you in our prayers and please you have to start reading all our experiences from the beginning of this forum more that ever before.
Best of luck as you wait to claim your victory. We are also waiting for your success story come July.

Hi
I Just called KCC and they confirm my interview on the 8th of July 2010
As you can see from my signature, am a Cameroonian schooling in Nigeria and my place of interview is in Nigeria.
I have been going over the treats and i just discouvered that i also need a police report from my country too so i wish to ask how i can go about getting one
Also i am planning to travel back to my country to get some documents ready so i wish to ask if i can do the police certificate there or isn’t it how its suppose to be done pls let me know
And am i suppose to do it at the place where all dv 2010 winners in my country are doing their own police certificate or where am i suppose to do that
Pls i wish you all could throw more light on how i am suppose to go about solving this problem and any other supporting document.
Waiting to read from you all

CURRENT IN JULY

hi guys...av been going through the thread wih awe. Am soo happy for everyone. I must say i feel very bad for the long absence on the forum, considering all the benefits i received on here. I promise to be around these days and also on the 2011 thread to offer my advice and suggestions.If anyone needs any info on life in the states, i am more than happy to help. Av learnt a lot since being here. all the best to everyone and hope to be more active right now..

All the best guys...things are really getting better over here..may God finish wat he has started in our lives

Last edited by a moderator: