• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Hello fellow forumites! It really HAS been quiet over the past few days, hope everyone is well and just busy preparing for "I"- day!

Quick question, especially for Ammeck09 (as I know you're based in the UK) and anyone else who might have the experience really.

We received our UK police certificates today, and I wanted to open them and check there had been no mistakes etc. but I wasn't sure whether I had read somewhere that they should be opened only by the Consular Officer at time of interview? So question is can/should I open them, or not?

Cheers all.

It's not a secret thing now. Mine is opened and I know past winners whose UK police cert was opened before attending their interviews. It was address to you and there is a letter inside the white envelope that you need to retain.

Smalllacrimose hope u re ok. Its been a while now. Maybe u need to update ur signature.goodluck in upcoming interview. Petit u re welcome back, hows the weather over there now. Phluck2 i hail oooh. Joequi wish u best of luck hope u come current soon. Ajaylagos goodluck as well. All other forumites best of luck/wishes.
...to God be the Glory.

Smalllacrimose hope u re ok. Its been a while now. Maybe u need to update ur signature.goodluck in upcoming interview. Petit u re welcome back, hows the weather over there now. Phluck2 i hail oooh. Joequi wish u best of luck hope u come current soon. Ajaylagos goodluck as well. All other forumites best of luck/wishes.
...to God be the Glory.

fiso,

Thanks so much for your concern.

Solidarity forever.

It's good to be back unto the forum, how's everyone doing? I am wishing all those who are yet to go for their interview goodluck and success all the way!!!!

petit thy baby,

it is good to hear from you. Have you started looking for job?.

Stay bless.

...to God be the Glory.

Thanks for asking fiso, i have no updates yet. Still waiting to get Medical and police certificate done...Ill surely keep the house posted on any progress

...to God be the Glory.

Fiso,
Nice to see you come around.
How are you doing? I guess you will be leaving soon right?
Take care and give your people my regards.

Ammeck09, you're a superstar! Thank you my brother, you're always so helpful.
Hope everyone's getting ready, God is in control.

Fiso,
Nice to see you come around.
How are you doing? I guess you will be leaving soon right?
Take care and give your people my regards.

im ok. Not leaving too soon now.need to arrange official and personal life.
hope everyone is ok in da house.
good luck once again.

Hi 2evry1 in dis forum... My CN is 19***. This visa bulleting is still keeping me in gr8 suspense. I hope d visa isn't abt 2b exhausted. @Joequi; even if we are current in August, wht Month do u tink dey can schedule us? Since dv2010 is gonna end Sept 30. Howeva, is there any Case Number higher than 19***. Pls, i need ur comment.

Hi 2evry1 in dis forum... My CN is 19***. This visa bulleting is still keeping me in gr8 suspense. I hope d visa isn't abt 2b exhausted. @Joequi; even if we are current in August, wht Month do u tink dey can schedule us? Since dv2010 is gonna end Sept 30. Howeva, is there any Case Number higher than 19***. Pls, i need ur comment.

You do not need to worry too much, all you have to do is go on your knees and keep praying and the Good Lord will do it for you.
Yes are are so many people whose case numbers are greater than your 19***. Pls be hopeful.
Best of luck.

Hi everybody in the house i got my GREEN Card today 26 0f April just a month of my arrival i thank all member of this great forum petit, phluck2, waheed,gasper, dotman, danje, and all members dat i cant rember for now am so happy this forum have made a great change in my life i give all the glory to GOD ALMIGTHY

Hi everybody in the house i got my GREEN Card today 26 0f April just a month of my arrival i thank all member of this great forum petit, phluck2, waheed,gasper, dotman, danje, and all members dat i cant rember for now am so happy this forum have made a great change in my life i give all the glory to GOD ALMIGTHY

Shinadave,
Congratulations and many many thanks for appreciating this forum. The Lord is committed to leading you to greater heights.
Best of luck all the way

Congrats.Hope u have got your SSN too.

Need your advice!!!

I was going over documents again. I noticed that on the DS Part 1 Q23 "List below all the educational institutions attended"....We forgot to write his secondary and primary school information...it only has universities attended.

but on 2nd form "Supplemental registration form" It has all the educational institution listed including secondary and primary school information......

Is this ok.....All forms are now at the embassy....Should we contact the embassy to change it or just leave it like that

I cant believe i just noticed this now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally dont think is a big issue insofar the supplemental has it.Of course it is logical that no one can get a university degree without attending secondary or primary school.They may necessary see it as an oversight.And if it is raised during the interview,tell them it was an unintentional omission of course your SSCE result will be there to prove you attended a secondary school.You can aswell mail them but believe you me that is really not an issue because the supplemental form has it.Relax my sister it shall be well.Are you the primary applicant or your husband?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally dont think is a big issue insofar the supplemental has it.Of course it is logical that no one can get a university degree without attending secondary or primary school.They may necessary see it as an oversight.And if it is raised during the interview,tell them it was an unintentional omission of course your SSCE result will be there to prove you attended a secondary school.You can aswell mail them but believe you me that is really not an issue because the supplemental form has it.Relax my sister it shall be well.Are you the primary applicant or your husband?

ok thanks Gasper....pls check ur pm

I was going over documents again. I noticed that on the DS Part 1 Q23 "List below all the educational institutions attended"....We forgot to write his secondary and primary school information...it only has universities attended.

but on 2nd form "Supplemental registration form" It has all the educational institution listed including secondary and primary school information......

Is this ok.....All forms are now at the embassy....Should we contact the embassy to change it or just leave it like that

I cant believe i just noticed this now...

Hello- I made exactly same mistake and it was never an issue at all. Infact, no one will ask you about SSCE or PSLC with your B.Sc or equivalent.

All the best