• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

we get married after she played but b4 she won and we sent the wedding cert. 2 d kcc to notify them. Is there anytin wrong?

Simon,
I am a bit confused about your claim above. You claimed to have sent your marriage certificate to KCC before your wife even won, well I can assure you that KCC will discard any email they get before the official process of that year's winners application starts. That means you jumped the gun and that is why nothing changed as regards you status.
I will only advise you print a copy of that email with you when going for the interviews and also make sure your wife's passport is bearing her new married name and of course with all the corresponding documentations to show you guys are truly married.
Finally you really need to prepare hard for grilling during the interview but with God all things are possible.
Best of luck.

Simon,
I am a bit confused about your claim above. You claimed to have sent your marriage certificate to KCC before your wife even won, well I can assure you that KCC will discard any email they get before the official process of that year's winners application starts. That means you jumped the gun and that is why nothing changed as regards you status.
I will only advise you print a copy of that email with you when going for the interviews and also make sure your wife's passport is bearing her new married name and of course with all the corresponding documentations to show you guys are truly married.
Finally you really need to prepare hard for grilling during the interview but with God all things are possible.
Best of luck.

plucks- u missed sometin here....my wife played the dv last year while we get married in january 2010, dat is wat i meant wen i said b4 she won bcos we got d nl in april/may 2010 and then we sent back d letter with our marriage cert. Pls how much is medical and police cert. Pls more advice and suggestns are welcome...thanks.

Sorry 4 d mistakes

Simon,
Best of luck.

phlunck2- u missed sometin here....my wife played the dv last 2 years while we get married in january 2009, dat is wat i meant wen i said b4 she won bcos we got d nl in april/may 2009 and then we sent back d letter with our marriage cert. Pls how much is medical and police cert. Pls more advice and suggestns are welcome...thanks.

phlunck2- u missed sometin here....my wife played the dv last 2 years while we get married in january 2009, dat is wat i meant wen i said b4 she won bcos we got d nl in april/may 2009 and then we sent back d letter with our marriage cert. Pls how much is medical and police cert. Pls more advice and suggestns are welcome...thanks.

Ok if you got married in January that's ok so like I adviced earlier you should try and print that email you sent to KCC with you for your interviews and pls try and read through the entire thread to see couples in your situation and how the interviews normally go.
Medical fees is 18K but you will only be required to pay 10K during your first visit then the balance 8K during your second visit.
Police report you can get at Alagbon for circa 5K.
Best of luck my brother

we get married after she played but b4 she won and we sent the wedding cert. 2 d kcc to notify them. Is there anytin wrong?

When she applied in 2008 for DV10, did she mention she's married or single? What she said at eDV application is very important.
KCC can and will say anything they want. DO NOT depend on their word. Its the CO who will review and have the final word. So you better understand the rules as applied to DV.

If she said married and you actually got married only afterward in Jan 09, you may be into some trouble. All depends on how CO handle this. Remember they are inundated with complex cases, so they might take the easy way out and just say REJECT. Weigh your chances before spending money.

pls house i need ur help, i and my wife received our 2nd NL yesterdaw and we have d interview in june. Pls im worried bcos i discovered my wife's name has not changed 2 my name in d 2nd letter but note me as beneficiary...so is it how supposed be? And in wat name should we do her passport...in her father's name or my name? How much is d medical report and police report? Pls ur urgent responses are needed. Thanks.

They do allow one to change name before issuing the visas.
I 'think', it is ok for her to have a new PP with your last name since she has the marriage cert. and ask the CO to change names at the nterview.
But again.....what did she mention at her eDV in Oct-Dec 08, married or single?

we sent d marriage cert. with d 1st nl in june '09 so we didnt mail them since we've done from d start.....but another tin baffled me becos i mailed them 2 weeks ago 2 know our status but they said informatn i provided do not match dat i should check and resend,which i did and they said d same tin but my wife called me yesterday dat she's got d letter...im in lag while she's in ibadan. Im confused somehow.

Hi Simon,

When you sent a mail to KCC 2 weeks ago, did u use your wife's e-mail and data (i.e her name, case number and date of birth)? If the mail was sent by you to KCC merely b.cos she's your wife certainly the information will not match. The mail MUST be sent using your wife's e-mail and data simply b.cos she's the primary winner but not you.

Although you said you attached the marriage cert with the forms sent to KCC, did your wife use her maiden name or your own surname.? Respond to these questions .

I want to believe a mistake must have been committed somewhere.

Meanwhile, I'll advise that since you have received your 2nd NL letter, a mail should be sent to the U.S consulate in Lagos via your wife's e-mail. She should mention her case number, date of birth, name used in playing the lottery (maiden name) and names after marriage. Simply tell them the truth that your wife's maiden name was used instead of her marital name in the 2nd NL.

Also make sure that her Int'l P/port is issued in her marital name.

But be prepared for some drilling.

Best of luck.

Hi Simon,

When you sent a mail to KCC 2 weeks ago, did u use your wife's e-mail and data (i.e her name, case number and date of birth)? If the mail was sent by you to KCC merely b.cos she's your wife certainly the information will not match. The mail MUST be sent using your wife's e-mail and data simply b.cos she's the primary winner but not you.

Although you said you attached the marriage cert with the forms sent to KCC, did your wife use her maiden name or your own surname.? Respond to these questions .

I want to believe a mistake must have been committed somewhere.

Meanwhile, I'll advise that since you have received your 2nd NL letter, a mail should be sent to the U.S consulate in Lagos via your wife's e-mail. She should mention her case number, date of birth, name used in playing the lottery (maiden name) and names after marriage. Simply tell them the truth that your wife's maiden name was used instead of her marital name in the 2nd NL.

Also make sure that her Int'l P/port is issued in her marital name.

But be prepared for some drilling.

Best of luck.

@ ajaylagos- i used my e-mail address 2 send d mail and i did state her maiden name....telling them dat she is now married nd change name 2 xxx. But i just thought could it be d way we filled the forms we sent or wat? And can i pls have d lagos US Embassy's e-mail add. Also, my wife doesnt fond of e-mail so dont think she can remember her e-mail add...so can i open a new one 4 her...and can u pls tell an idea of d drilling we might face? Thanks.

They do allow one to change name before issuing the visas.
I 'think', it is ok for her to have a new PP with your last name since she has the marriage cert. and ask the CO to change names at the nterview.
But again.....what did she mention at her eDV in Oct-Dec 08, married or single?

ofcourse she played as single since we've not married then.

Ok if you got married in January that's ok so like I adviced earlier you should try and print that email you sent to KCC with you for your interviews and pls try and read through the entire thread to see couples in your situation and how the interviews normally go.
Medical fees is 18K but you will only be required to pay 10K during your first visit then the balance 8K during your second visit.
Police report you can get at Alagbon for circa 5K.
Best of luck my brother

thanks 4 details but do i still need 2 print along d e-mail wen we have d 2nd letter. And as i said is it normal as d letter states that i'm beneficiary but still used my wife' maiden name. And should we made mistake in filling d forms...wil it affect d point?

thanks 4 details but do i still need 2 print along d e-mail wen we have d 2nd letter. And as i said is it normal as d letter states that i'm beneficiary but still used my wife' maiden name. And should we made mistake in filling d forms...wil it affect d point?

Simon,
That you are stated as beneficiary means you are recognized as the spouse. I will still advise you to have a copy of that email just in case. Nothing will affect you guys in any way, the thing here is that the burden of proof is on your shoulders to convince the CO that all you will be saying is true.
Best of luck.

@ ajaylagos- i used my e-mail address 2 send d mail and i did state her maiden name....telling them dat she is now married nd change name 2 xxx. But i just thought could it be d way we filled the forms we sent or wat? And can i pls have d lagos US Embassy's e-mail add. Also, my wife doesnt fond of e-mail so dont think she can remember her e-mail add...so can i open a new one 4 her...and can u pls tell an idea of d drilling we might face? Thanks.

You do not need to open an email address in your wife's name, your email address is ok as far as you state all that is required.

Thanks so much

You do not need to open an email address in your wife's name, your email address is ok as far as you state all that is required.

@ pluck2- thank u....so wat u mean is dat using my wife's maiden name in d 2nd nl is normal nd dats how they put it or wat? Pls i really need 2 do dis.

Hello guys. i greet the elders ooh.
Simon2710, God has done it for those before you and will do it for you as well, Amen.
Now its to play your own part as phluck2 has said the burden is on both of you to proof ur relationship. Ur wife is the principal winner right? She is gona be the main person questions is going to be directed to from the c.o.from my experience i saw a couple that was denied same day without the other partner asked anything. So she has to be bold, coherent and maintain good eye contact with c.o.
questions to you from c.o is to confirm what ur wife has answered about ur courtship ,families and marriage life.pls also know fully about her academic n occupation.you can read my exp on page 93.
Concerning you writing email to kcc or us embassy lagos,with ur own email address there is no problem with that.
Concerning the 2nd notification letter, its normal for ur wifes' name who is the principal winner to still bear her maiden name on the letter,even after u notify kcc with ur marriage cert.The name will be changed in the u.s embassy lagos after ur interview.
pls ensure the passport of ur wife bears her marrital name as surname(your name).if u can get a proof of change of name (newspaper; punch etc )
Wish u all the best. please prepare very well.ok
to God be the glory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys. i greet the elders ooh.
Simon2710, God has done it for those before you and will do it for you as well, Amen.
Now its to play your own part as phluck2 has said the burden is on both of you to proof ur relationship. Ur wife is the principal winner right? She is gona be the main person questions is going to be directed to from the c.o.from my experience i saw a couple that was denied same day without the other partner asked anything. So shes has to be bold, coherent and maintain good eye contact with c.o.
questions to you from c.o is to confirm what ur wife has answered about ur courtship ,families and marriage life.pls also know fully about her academic n occupation.you can read my exp on page 93.
Concerning you writing email to kcc or us embassy lagos,with ur own email address there is no problem with that.
Concerning the 2nd notification letter, its normal for ur wifes' name who is the principal winner to still bear her maiden name on the letter,even after u notify kcc with ur marriage cert.The name will be changed in the u.s embassy lagos after ur interview.
pls ensure the passport of ur wife bears her marrital name as surname(your name).if u can get a proof of change of name (newspaper; punch etc )
Wish u all the best. please prepare very well.ok
to God be the glory.

thanks so much 4 ur reply atlast..and 4 d clarification. I also claim ur prayer 4 me(amen). I'm well understood and we will prepare very but above all PRAY fervently 4 it's only GOD's Mercy and Favour we need...which i know very sure dat we wil receive dat d-day. I read ur experience and i'm very happy 4 u nd ur wife nd dats y i sent u pm.
Lest i 4get,can we do change of name in d newspaper now bcos she didn't bother 2 do dat b4 nd wont it look sumhow bcos it's recent?

thanks so much 4 ur reply atlast..and 4 d clarification. I also claim ur prayer 4 me(amen). I'm well understood and we will prepare very but above all PRAY fervently 4 it's only GOD's Mercy and Favour we need...which i know very sure dat we wil receive dat d-day. I read ur experience and i'm very happy 4 u nd ur wife nd dats y i sent u pm.
Lest i 4get,can we do change of name in d newspaper now bcos she didn't bother 2 do dat b4 nd wont it look sumhow bcos it's recent?

simon2710 sorry for replying late. I have been too busy at work of recent.
Anyway concerning the proof of change of name the c.o didnt ask for it on first interview. It was during our admin processing that it was asked.
well i dont think the proximity of date of change of name to interview date matters.our change of name was jan07, 2010 and interview feb 10, 2010.
All the best.
..to God be the Glory.

simon2710 sorry for replying late. I have been too busy at work of recent.
Anyway concerning the proof of change of name the c.o didnt ask for it on first interview. It was during our admin processing that it was asked.
well i dont think the proximity of date of change of name to interview date matters.our change of name was jan07, 2010 and interview feb 10, 2010.
All the best.
..to God be the Glory.

@ Fiso- thanks 4 ur concerns nd i do appreciate ur replies. Pls can u tell ur medical nd police reports expenses since u guys are couples as ours.

Hi Guys,
I give thanks to the owner of my soul, the I AM THAT I AM, the Almighty Father. He made it possible for me and my wife. Please you guys should help me thank God for a successful visa interview. I am picking up our visas very soon. God is great. Thanks to all you forumites for your help and prayers. I will be giving you the interview gist soon.

lewis4u whats up!!! Hope u re ok. We re still waing for ur testimony/ experience from ur interview.
take care