• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

My Brother;
Yes, if you qualify by education, just get ready, answers to edcational questions; ur o'level as well as your profession. Forget about employment letter and that stuffs.
You must prove yourself as an ACCOUNTANT.
Just do your bit and God will finish the rest.

Navigator has been so busy hence my absence from the forum.
I wish everyone awaiting their interview good success. Amen.

navigator,

welcome back, ajalagos my brother forget about the employment letter and remember that it is not one of the requirement. Just be ready to answer any question. The CO could probe into your educational qualification as well as your work experience. You are aware that in 9ja they don't ask you which one you will like to use.
(ie either education or work experience)

Just be prepaird, goodluck.

I am confident that you may be current by July.

Hi man,
I share the same point with ammeck and navigator. As long as you also qualify via education, on the day of your interview, you will be given a form to indicate whether you qualify through work or education. Kindly tick education to avoid any wahala.

alexee,

you are right, but in Nigeria the embassy do not give out any form to indicate if you qualify through education or work experience. The co will start bombarding you with questions he could decide to probe any area he wants.

The waitin is killing me bt thanx to God july is by the corner. My CN is among the 000183** range. Hope it falls withing the next range. Thanks 4 ur response.
Hi Donsino, u are gud to go without AOS and also good to go with your present WAEC result. Don't stress yourself with the AOS palavar cos its not an issue for 9ja. Gud to see someone with a similar case number with mine. We gonna be current in July man.

hello all, i have been a silent supporter of this forum since mid last year. You guys are really the best and may God continue to bless and keep you. Just rejoicing with those who make it and emigrate and praying with those who are (im)patiently waiting has really built my husband and I up.

As I just became current, I've been trying to hold all the excitement in but I have all sorts of questions
1. When I applied for the DV i was single but married soon after. When the 1st NL came, I updated my status and added my husband's details and documents. For a while, before we married and till now, my husband has been based in Ibadan. The plan was that when we married he would relocate to Lagos, but so far nothing really worth it has showed up. So as I work in Lagos, I usually commute weekends to IB as his job requires that practically 24/7 attention. My problem is that in my application I put my Lagos address because it is a more secure address whilst my husband put the Ibadan address (just in case they wish to cross check). After reading some interview experiences, I'm now a bit worried about what the embassy would think and would appreciate any advice anyone may give on what to take to the interview and how to conduct ourselves at the interview
2. Medicals. can I on the strength of a phone call to KCC, (they have confirmed my interview date), start the medical exams? if not, as I'm yet to receive my letter, should I email KCC to ask for an email confirmation?
3. if you have been working for a while, will the consular officer still ask you questions about what you read in uni and secondary school. It was so long ago.
4. what are suggested ports of entry if I want to get the GC and SSN within 6weeks or two months at the most?

Help

Please help
Hi,my sponsor visa expires May 2011. I am current for june. Can i change his adress or there is no effect? Am a kenyan.
I now know my interview date from kccdv. They wrote to me that any further questions concerning my case should be directed to Nairobi embassy. Can i inform them through e-mail that i have a new adress?[/QUOTE]

Please help
Hi,my sponsor visa expires May 2011. I am current for june. Can i change his adress or there is no effect? Am a kenyan.
I now know my interview date from kccdv. They wrote to me that any further questions concerning my case should be directed to Nairobi embassy. Can i inform them through e-mail that i have a new adress?
[/QUOTE]

Parsitau,
For Nigerians, you wont even be asked anything about your address over there. The only place address will come in is at you POE.

hello all, i have been a silent supporter of this forum since mid last year. You guys are really the best and may God continue to bless and keep you. Just rejoicing with those who make it and emigrate and praying with those who are (im)patiently waiting has really built my husband and I up.

As I just became current, I've been trying to hold all the excitement in but I have all sorts of questions
1. When I applied for the DV i was single but married soon after. When the 1st NL came, I updated my status and added my husband's details and documents. For a while, before we married and till now, my husband has been based in Ibadan. The plan was that when we married he would relocate to Lagos, but so far nothing really worth it has showed up. So as I work in Lagos, I usually commute weekends to IB as his job requires that practically 24/7 attention. My problem is that in my application I put my Lagos address because it is a more secure address whilst my husband put the Ibadan address (just in case they wish to cross check). After reading some interview experiences, I'm now a bit worried about what the embassy would think and would appreciate any advice anyone may give on what to take to the interview and how to conduct ourselves at the interview

Response1

I dont think the address thing is a problem as it is normal for working couples to stay that way. I must tell you here that the CO will grill you and your husband so I will advise you go thru this thread and read up all responses because they will surely suspect you marriage moreso if there is no baby yet.

2. Medicals. can I on the strength of a phone call to KCC, (they have confirmed my interview date), start the medical exams? if not, as I'm yet to receive my letter, should I email KCC to ask for an email confirmation?

Response2

Nope a phone confirmation is not enough to go for the medicals, send an email to KCC and the response mail you must take with you to Kamorass to start your medicals.

3. if you have been working for a while, will the consular officer still ask you questions about what you read in uni and secondary school. It was so long ago.

Response 3

If you have been working for a while then chances are you will be asked to say a word about you project in the university and other question will be about your work. Please do not take chances just be as prepared as you can.
4. what are suggested ports of entry if I want to get the GC and SSN within 6weeks or two months at the most?

Response 4

I think from all that we have been reading in the forum 6weeks is good enough to get all your papers. Our esteemed forumites are are already there will be able to explain more. I will advice you also go through the signatures of those who have gove to the states and you will see all the POEs and how long it took them to get their SSN and GC

Finally i will suggest you and your husband rehearse some special moments in your lives cos they will always ask such questions.
Best of luck

hello dunks its nice u join the forum before ur interview. As phluck has said earlier, i advice u read back on the posted experiences on this forum quite important 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s pages.
you must be very prepared .
wish u good luck.
...to God be the glory.

congrats mosestaaboo.
big bros,s pls is there any diff or restriction in the green card giving to the main dv winner and the beneficiaries?
thanks

Fiso,

Their is no restriction , GC is GC. every body are equal. The only thing is that serial number will change, like the applicant will be DV1 and spouse will be DV2 and children will be DV3 and so on and so forth.

alexee,

you are right, but in Nigeria the embassy do not give out any form to indicate if you qualify through education or work experience. The co will start bombarding you with questions he could decide to probe any area he wants.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your prompt responses.

Ammeck, Navigator, Alexee357 and Joequi. You guys all shared the same point and I agree with you.

I was bothered because among the papers in the 1st NL sent to us, evidence of education or work experience is among the documents required.

Again, both Alexee357 and Joequi differ on the area that “the embassy give out any form to indicate whether you qualify through education or work experience,” Which one is peculiar to 9ja? At least we need to know.

However, I will surely opt for education as the qualifying criteria during the interview.

Thanks.

hi everyone,
It's being awhile Congrats to all those who are current n i wish everyone waiting to go for their interview the best of luck and those who are preparing to come to the US a safe and wonderful trip.cheers

Hi forumites can see the house is a bit quite. I rerceived a mail from Kcc confirming dat I have been scheduled for interview for first week in june. I am suprised bcos my number was current for may. Well the most impotant thing is dat my case has been scheduled for interview. I wish all those going for interviews all the best and those waiting to be current will definately become current soon. Have a gud guys.

Hi forumites can see the house is a bit quite. I rerceived a mail from Kcc confirming dat I have been scheduled for interview for first week in june. I am suprised bcos my number was current for may. Well the most impotant thing is dat my case has been scheduled for interview. I wish all those going for interviews all the best and those waiting to be current will definately become current soon. Have a gud guys.

Hi Sola,

That was surprising but as u rightly put it "the most important thing is dat your case has been scheduled for interview". Congrats in advance.

I guess your case must av been shifted forward by a month probably due to high numbers of people that rescheduled their interviews. I may be wrong though. And I hope the back log of rescheduled interviews will be cleared on time so as not to result into low number in next month's visa bulletin. The embassy knows the maximum interviews they can accommodate per month.

DEAR FREINDS,
I do apologise for my long absence here,it is great to see that things are moving in the right direction for everyone both at home and for those already in the States,all the very best to those who are going for their interview,Smalllacrimose may God meet u at the point of your needs now and always, and for those of us already current,all of our help Cometh from the lord,Ajaylagos relax man u're good with ur educational qualification ,you are stress free IJN,pHLUCK2 Receive your prepared allocation to proceed IJN,Joquei this fiscal year will not pass you by without rejoicing with you.Regards to you all.

DEAR FREINDS,
I do apologise for my long absence here,it is great to see that things are moving in the right direction for everyone both at home and for those already in the States,all the very best to those who are going for their interview,Smalllacrimose may God meet u at the point of your needs now and always, and for those of us already current,all of our help Cometh from the lord,Ajaylagos relax man u're good with ur educational qualification ,you are stress free IJN,pHLUCK2 Receive your prepared allocation to proceed IJN,Joquei this fiscal year will not pass you by without rejoicing with you.Regards to you all.

Hi my man "DOTMAN",

Wellcome back brother. A very big amen to your prayers. Thanx for your advice as well.

Your trust in God shall not be in vain.

@fiso and phluck2

Thanks for your advice, particularly on the commuting issue. That has taken a load of our shoulders. I guess it's prepare as much as you can and then leave the rest to God.

DEAR FREINDS,

Amen and thanks to your prayers!!! Reality is setting in as we plan to take this journey!!! We will all rejoice in the end.....

DEAR FREINDS,

dotman,

Thanks for the encouragement, by his grace, August i should be current.

It's good to be back unto the forum, how's everyone doing? I am wishing all those who are yet to go for their interview goodluck and success all the way!!!!

Should police certificates remain sealed?

Hello fellow forumites! It really HAS been quiet over the past few days, hope everyone is well and just busy preparing for "I"- day!

Quick question, especially for Ammeck09 (as I know you're based in the UK) and anyone else who might have the experience really.

We received our UK police certificates today, and I wanted to open them and check there had been no mistakes etc. but I wasn't sure whether I had read somewhere that they should be opened only by the Consular Officer at time of interview? So question is can/should I open them, or not?

Cheers all.