• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

I got to the embassy at about 12pm, My appointed letter stated that I should report at 1pm. I was allowed to enter the embassy at 12 pm even though that was an hour earlier.The embassy was filled to capacity. I was asked to drop my appointment letter at window 2 and have a seat. I sat there till 3pm and still hadn't heard my name, I realized that those who came after me were being called to window 1. I approached the lady at window 1 to express my concerns as to the fact I have been sitting there for 3 hours and still hadn't heard my name. She told me those whose names were being mentioned had been asked to bring additional documents and therefore she was just taking those documents. She asked me to have my seat and that I would be called. I sat there till 4pm and I still hadn't been interview, I approached the lady at window 1 again and these time she gives me a sheet of paper to write my name, she dashes out and comes back to inform me that my case is with one of the interviewers and that I would be called soon .At about 4:15 pm I was called to window 5. I was the last person inside the embassy to be called even though I was the first to report amongst those with 1pm appointments.

Me: Good evening

CO: Good evening, he picks a blue paper and starts to write something on it.sorry for keeping you waiting. We are done with the administrative process and am happy to inform you that your visa has been granted. You will have to come back on the 19th of February for your visa. Don't make any travel arrangements until you receive you visa. Do you have any questions

Me: Yeah, am planning to travel in February so why can't I make any travel arrangements.

CO: There could be a error in the visa sticker that is embossed in your passport. That's why we advice applicants to receive their visas before making travel arrangements.

CO: He gives me the blue chit and says welcome to America.

Me : I thanked him and left.

My powerful mykoko,

We told you that your case was a forgone conclusion. We thank the Allmighty God for a day like this--- Congratulationsssssss.

Welcome to USA-One love

My brother even if it was 50hrs as far as your landed safely into the land of Hope we give God alone the praises.
Best of your in all your endeavours

Phluck you said even if it will take him 50hrs there is no problem, i agree with you my brother. Qatar airline is a 5 star airline, i promise you, you will nerver forget this trip honetly speaking. Infact you might even approach the pilot and co-pilot to extent the flight duration to 80hrs non stop.

Safe trip and remain bless.

I got to the embassy at about 12pm, My appointed letter stated that I should report at 1pm. I was allowed to enter the embassy at 12 pm even though that was an hour earlier.The embassy was filled to capacity. I was asked to drop my appointment letter at window 2 and have a seat. I sat there till 3pm and still hadn't heard my name, I realized that those who came after me were being called to window 1. I approached the lady at window 1 to express my concerns as to the fact I have been sitting there for 3 hours and still hadn't heard my name. She told me those whose names were being mentioned had been asked to bring additional documents and therefore she was just taking those documents. She asked me to have my seat and that I would be called. I sat there till 4pm and I still hadn't been interview, I approached the lady at window 1 again and these time she gives me a sheet of paper to write my name, she dashes out and comes back to inform me that my case is with one of the interviewers and that I would be called soon .At about 4:15 pm I was called to window 5. I was the last person inside the embassy to be called even though I was the first to report amongst those with 1pm appointments.

CO: Good evening, he picks a blue paper and starts to write something on it.sorry for keeping you waiting. We are done with the administrative process and am happy to inform you that your visa has been granted. You will have to come back on the 19th of February for your visa. Don't make any travel arrangements until you receive you visa. Do you have any questions

Me: Yeah, am planning to travel in February so why can't I make any travel arrangements.

CO: There could be a error in the visa sticker that is embossed in your passport. That's why we advice applicants to receive their visas before making travel arrangements.

Mykoko,
Congratulations, at least you now have some peace of mind. The good Lord has done it again and that is the convenant He has with this forum..Success.
Once again congratulations and welcome to America

Wow im loving the explicit interview experiences very interesting indeed.it seems each individual has a different experience but the bottom line is to be honest, confident and prepared. Wish everyone the very best!!!

Wow im loving the explicit interview experiences very interesting indeed.it seems each individual has a different experience but the bottom line is to be honest, confident and prepared. Wish everyone the very best!!!

Congrats mykoko God crowned ur wait with success. Happy for you

They stressed you and you did not break.That means you dare not go to the US and mess up oh. You were/are on God's side! Congrats!

God abeg oh!Abeg wetin be FUWADU?

All I wanna hear is the couple got it. Meaning of fuwadu dey that dictionary edition (NEW) that has the meaning of mutallab.Do not be scared or disturbed.Haha.Well,Use ur sixth sense to understand the couple's story and ordeal. I know they will scale through and pull through if they are clean.I want to believe so.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I wanna hear is the couple got it. Meaning of fuwadu dey that dictionary edition (NEW) that has the meaning of mutallab.Do not be scared or disturbed.Haha.Well,Use ur sixth sense to understand the couple's story and ordeal. I know they will scale through and pull through if they are clean.I want to believe so.

ok!No spoil me.I don undastand...lol

Gasper,
I tot I told you, KCC has responded and I have even gone for first stage of the Medicals. Am sincerely sorry that I never told you, it means it skipped my mind.
Will always let you know when I am gonna go for the interview which will be in March.
How far with you now? I know your success story will come soon.
Best of luck as u proceed

Ya u never did.Congrats at least the date is known now.By the grace of God we shall definitely get there.Success in advance.

@House
When i went for my medical, i was told i would take 3 doses of the immunization.But most guys here are just 2 doses.I hope mine is not unsual?

Thanks, sorry for the late reply. Mine was Qatar airways, it was the cheapest i could get, it was $1004, one way ticket. The disadvantage is that it is a long flight cos it routs through Doha(Qatar capital) before connecting to the states, close to 30hrs duration for the entire trip. Believe me, there in flight economy class entertainment is superb. So the choice is yours to make. i bet you cant get any flight cheaper than theres. but they only connect New york, Washington n houston.

Thank God for a save trip. Pls can you kindly help with the agent you use for your ticket. I have been trying hard to see if I can get something as low as what you paid but to no avail I will really appreciate you reply.

@House
When i went for my medical, i was told i would take 3 doses of the immunization.But most guys here are just 2 doses.I hope mine is not unsual?

Gasper,
Fear not, yours is not unsual I think we are even lucky to be on this scheme as the vaccines are really what we need normally but the 9ja style we never knew it.

Thanks to you all for the congratulatory messages. I believe all members of this forum yet to go for their interviews would be successful.

Pls, can som1 tell me hw to confirm my KCC receipt. I've sent back my form 4 long bt i dnt knw hw 2confirm it.

Pls, can som1 tell me hw to confirm my KCC receipt. I've sent back my form 4 long bt i dnt knw hw 2confirm it.

Just mail them humbly requesting to know if your forms have been received.

Then state your your case number,full name and your date of birth underneath the mail.

Besides while not update your signature like the rest of us.

Hi everyone,
i need your help. my interview is in march however i dont have ethiopian certificate of good conduct which i suppose to have and i dont know whether i can get it
before my interview or not. so here i need your advice.

can i go to the interview without that police report and submit it later? or shall i request my interview to be postponed so that i can get it before the interveiw?

thanks.