• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

to my dearest sister,petit bon voyage!, here is wishing you godspeed wherever you go in that land,he said he will go before you,he has already gone ahead of you to meet you with favour.all the very best.hoping to hear from you very soon.

I wish to thank everyone in the house for a good job and also share my experience at the embassy,my interview date was 28 of january, 2010
CO: Hello, good morning
ME: good morning
CO: busy going through my stuff
ME: waiting confidently.
CO: raise your right hand for the swearing; you promise that everything you say here today would be true.
ME: Yes, I do. and turned to my husband repeat thesame and he said yes
CO: sign on the form and my husband also did thesame
ME: ok and I signed
CO: you are here because you were selected for DV visa
ME: Yes
CO: what is your full name?
ME: blah
CO: what is your birth date?
ME: blah blah
CO: what is your highest qualification?
ME: Hnd
CO: subject
ME: Mass Communication
CO: what are the properties a good news?
CO: What is graphics in Mass Communication?
CO:wnt through my SSCE and ask questions on then like what is federalism ,legislature and executive and i answered correctly
CO:Now ,let go to Marrital Issues.
ME: no problem
CO: When did u get married
ME: I answered
CO: What do you do on saturday and sunday
CO:What side of the bed you u sleep
ME: I Answered
CO: What is the name of the bus stop do board taxi to workplace
CO: after some time He called my husband in for interview
All our answers was thesame and he later asked my husband to call me in
CO: busy typing on thr system and asked,can two of you come back on february 1 2010 with your wedding and courtship photographs ?
ME: I answered,but we are here with the photographs and he said, I know, We just need to follow protocol
ME; O.k
CO. he now gave us a paper tell us to come on feb.1 2010 to the MAIN LOBBY
NOw on february1,2010
I and my Husband got to the MAIN LOBBY arround 8.45am, after about 45minutes of waiting at the embassy reception, a man worked in and usered me into the lift and droped at the 3rd floor of thee embassy
This time,it was another interview entirely but now with the OYINBO"s both one NIgerian who is eastern part of the country. and He said you visa is a function of whatever I say today.
A lot of questions were asked such as where do you live,when last do you had sex with your husband,who played the lottery, what do you do on saturdayand many more that can not be shared on air
After about 1and half hours I was brought to the ground floor and my husband was brought to the 3rd floor and brought back after 30 minutes of interrogation.
We all said thesame thing throughout and the IGBO MAN said,you will be contacted later.
Fellow ladies and gentle men,this is my experience at the embassy and I pray they will call me soon

CN: 2010AF000012***
NL dated : 31th of March 2009
NL received:18th April 2009
Returned forms: 4th May 2009
2nd NL received: 7th May 2009
Started medicals: 21th December 2009
Medicals completed: 17nd Jan 2009
Visa interview successful: 28th Jan 2010

The Lord who has decreed a thing would establish it.

All these interviews are just to establish your relationship and basing on your answers, you're definately going to be issue the visas. Keep your fingers crossed and don't cease praying, I know you will be fine.

I wish to thank everyone in the house for a good job and also share my experience at the embassy,my interview date was 28 of january, 2010
CO: raise your right hand for the swearing; you promise that everything you say here today would be true.
CO:wnt through my SSCE and ask questions on then like what is federalism ,legislature and executive and i answered correctly
CO: busy typing on thr system and asked,can two of you come back on february 1 2010 with your wedding and courtship photographs ?
ME: I answered,but we are here with the photographs and he said, I know, We just need to follow protocol
ME; O.k
NOw on february1,2010
I and my Husband got to the MAIN LOBBY arround 8.45am, after about 45minutes of waiting at the embassy reception, a man worked in and usered me into the lift and droped at the 3rd floor of thee embassy
This time,it was another interview entirely but now with the OYINBO"s both one NIgerian who is eastern part of the country. and He said you visa is a function of whatever I say today.
A lot of questions were asked such as where do you live,when last do you had sex with your husband,who played the lottery, what do you do on saturdayand many more that can not be shared on air
After about 1and half hours I was brought to the ground floor and my husband was brought to the 3rd floor and brought back after 30 minutes of interrogation.
We all said thesame thing throughout and the IGBO MAN said,you will be contacted later.
Fellow ladies and gentle men,this is my experience at the embassy and I pray they will call me soon

Thanks for your update it really nice u told us how it all went, I am sure ur visas will be given to you guys.Just keep on thakning God for his favour, God has done it for u guys already. Pls I have this few questions for u and I will appreciate if u give me answers, 1. what kind of wedding did u guys do? as in church or court. 2. who was the guy that interviewed u?, the Asian lady or the Arab guy.3.Were u married when u plyed the lottery and if no did u do a change in status before u went for the interview. PlS I look forward to getting a reply from you, thanks. Its well!.

ME; O.k
NOw on february1,2010

Congrats madam.May be they just want to confirm one or two things.
But are u sure u and your hubby gave the same answers especially at the 2nd interview? When did you guys get married?Do you have a child yet in the union?
I ask all these because the scrutiny is too much and maybe they are sensing a foul play somewhere that is why they are going this length.Commit it to God in prayer.If all your documentations are okay He will definitely see you through.God is not a man that abandons a project he started.Goodluck!

to my dearest sister,petit bon voyage!, here is wishing you godspeed wherever you go in that land,he said he will go before you,he has already gone ahead of you to meet you with favour.all the very best.hoping to hear from you very soon.

@ dotman................ thanks very much!!!!

Slaughter house.Asking bed room questions.Married guys please make una sabi una selves well well.The color of pants ur wife is wearing, which style of fuwadu u like most.I tire oh! Even the ones u can remember or reconcile like last valentine day was spent at where, when did u first kiss ur wife.Nna ni yee!
ME; O.k
NOw on february1,2010

picke up my visa today!THANK GOD 4 HIS GOODNESS.@ebunsam,congrats n u dnt worry as long as u guys did not contradict urselves u are sure to get ur visas.@petit,a wonderful forumite wish u Godspeed on ur trip and our good Lord would grant you immeasurable favour in d land.tk cr

ME; O.k
NOw on february1,2010

Ebusam,
Its been a long tortous road for you but dont give up hope. That you were asked to come back on the 1st of February means your answers during the first interviews were correct. I sincere hope your answers were also correct during the second interview upon which the final decitions like they told u would have been made.
Nothing is above God, go to Him in prayers and I believe u will pull through with your visas.
Just dont give up

Slaughter house.Asking bed room questions.Married guys please make una sabi una selves well well.The color of pants ur wife is wearing, which style of fuwadu u like most.I tire oh! Even the ones u can remember or reconcile like last valentine day was spent at where, when did u first kiss ur wife.Nna ni yee!

God abeg oh!Abeg wetin be FUWADU?

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
I woke up around 4:15 am yesterday and started to prepare. I left the house at 5am. I chartered a taxi to the embassy. At 5:28 am I got to the embassy, at the embassy I realized one man had been there earlier before me. I approached the main gate of the embassy and asked the security man where to wait, he told me the embassy opens at 7:30am and that I should wait under the trees that were about 100 metres from the embassy. I went back to wait under the trees, back at the trees I saw the man who had come earlier before me, I was wondering at what time he might have come to the embassy, anyway I never made any attempts to speak with him. In about 15 minutes a taxi pulled by, in it was a family of 5, two boys and a girl with their parents, at that moment I guessed they were also coming for an immigrant visa interview. I was praying to myself for the clock to tick faster, at that moment I regretted for being at the embassy so early. After 6 am a lot of people started trooping in.

At 7:35 am one of the embassy guards opened the gates to the entrance, everyone started walking towards the gate even though we hadn’t been called, I decided to follow the crowd and walk with them to the gate. At the gate the security guard told us to go back and that they would call us when they were ready, no one really wanted to go back as we kept standing by the gate. Another security man inside the embassy came out and told the security man with us not to attend to us if we were not willing to go back. I realized the reason why people were unwilling to go back was because everyone wanted to be first to enter the embassy, after about 7 minutes the 2 security guards came outside. One mentioned that all those with the green cards should come forward. I stepped forward only to be told by one of the security guards that he was not referring to immigrant visa applicants, later I got to know that those with the green cards were supposed to be interviewed last week Friday but due to certain reasons were not interviewed, they were given those green cards just to enable them gain first entry to the embassy. Next we were told to form 2 queues, Immigrant cases to the left and non-immigrant cases to the right. I was the first in the queue of the Immigrant cases. The man I came to meet at the embassy was standing besides me. He walked over to talk to one of the security guards. I realized he was an American citizen because he had an American passport, all I heard the security man tell him was services for American citizens start at 8:30am. We were asked to bring out our appointment letters. They would look at the name on the letter and check their sheet to see whether or not you have an appointment. I was inspected by one of the security guards and told to enter. I entered into a room where my phone was collected and kept at a secured place and I was given a number. I was asked to show the number on my way out and claim back my phone. I passed through a metal detector to make sure I was ok and was not carrying any unwanted objects.

At the interviewing hall another guard directs me to drop my appointment letter at window 1 and then come back to sit on the first chair in the first row. There is a notice inside the embassy that says the sitting capacity in the hall is 76 persons, after about 20 minutes the hall was filled to capacity, we were like 100 or more inside the embassy as some were standing. I was made to sit with other immigrant applicants. Non immigrant applicants were also made to sit together. They started processing the cases of the non immigrant visas. There are 13 windows at the embassy where applicants are interviewed. I guess windows 1-6 are for immigrant cases.
After about 20 minutes of sitting all DV cases were called to window 1 by a pretty Ghanaian lady. She counseled us briefly and gave us a paper on which we were to indicate our qualification for the programme. She told to pay the DV fee after we had finished filling the form and to take our seats when we were done. On the sheets we were suppose to tick if we qualified either by education/Work experience, if you were using work experience you had to state your profession, on the back of the sheet you tick whether you are single, married, have children or not etc. There is a part on the sheet that states ‘applicants who prior to registering for the lottery were married/had children but didn’t include them during registration but included them after winning would automatically be disqualified. There was another part that asked whether or not you wanted to be interviewed.

2 people rescheduled their appointment’ a gentleman and a lady with the rest of the 5 of us deciding to go on with the interview process. I did not know why the man rescheduled his interview but with the lady I got to know later she wasn’t prepared psychologically for the interview even though she had the DV fee.

After 20 minutes of sitting all DV cases were called to Window 2. There was no one at window 2 when we got there so we kept standing there. We stood there for over 5 minutes and no one was coming. We decided that one of us should go and inform the security guards that we have been standing there for sometime and that if we could sit down. What the security guard could tell the gentleman who went to ask was we are at liberty to do what we want. It took over 8 minutes of standing before a Ghanaian lady finally showed up. The lady was pretty but not professional for my liking. I thought she would apologize for keeping us waiting but she never did. She mentioned our names one after another and started to inspect our documents. My name was mentioned first. I gave her all my documents but she gave back the “affidavit of support” which was in a sealed envelope. She asked me to open the envelope and give her the contents. These were the documents she took

Police certificate, she returned the photocopy.

School certificates (High School) she gave back an attestation letter I had taken from my University.

Medical reports

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT which included letter from sponsor’s employer, tax returns for 2008 and sponsors bank statement.

Passport pictures, I had taken new passport pictures but she didn’t take any of the new ones but a copy of the one I sent to KCC.

I saw the DS 230 form I filled and sent to KCC with my picture affixed on the desk of the lady. She asked me to have my seat. After over 15 minutes of sitting my name was mentioned to come to window 1, this time to take my finger prints, it was simple and easy and didn’t even last a minute. She asked me to have my seat and wait for my interview.
Since I had been first in all the processes I was expecting to be called 1st for the interview. After sitting for over 15 minutes I heard one of the consular officers call the lady behind me to window 6, I was a bit surprised because I thought I would be called 1st. My name was mentioned 2nd and was asked to come to window 4.

The consular officer at window 4 was a matured man. I guess he’s is a little over 40. He was very nice to me.

Me: Good Morning
CO: Good morning
CO: I realized you are a student of …….Your campus at…… is very nice. I do pass by that place once a while.
Me: I’m not on that campus. We have 3 campuses and am on the…. campus. That ……..campus is for those reading the sciences and the…..…….campus is for business students.
I realized he wasn’t really listening to me but was busy typing something on his computer
CO: I see, what are u reading?
Me: I’m majoring in Economics and minoring in Finance.
All this while he was still busy typing on his PC.
CO: That’s a good combination. What year are you in.
ME: My third year.
CO: What courses are you doing this semester?
Me: Blab la blab la
CO: Richard you would have to come back on………………………………………….
He’s checks something on his PC and I could hear him say. We are so busy, we are so busy.
I stand there starring at him and wondering to my self what is he so busy about, just give me the thing and let me go.
CO: He takes out my results and asks me if I brought a scratch card.
ME: No, at that time I realized I should have brought a scratch card. I did not send a scratch card because the notification letter didn’t ask for one. My advice to guys yet to go for their interview is to take scratch cards along.
CO: He tells me he would be right back and dashes out.
I could see him talking to someone. He comes back after about 2 minutes.
CO: Richard, we would have to check on some documents. We are very busy this season and you would have to come back on 2nd February.
Me: Would I be coming back for my visa.
CO: If everything turns out OK be rest assured you will have your visa. I see him writing something on a sheet. He gives out the sheet to me.
Me: Thanks
I have been asked to come for my passport on the 2nd February. I guess I would be going for my passport with my visa embossed in it.

I witnessed other events. I would share them soon.

Mykoko, how far? Let us know what happened yesterday.I know it was positive all the way.

@Phluck
how far with KCC?I pray they answer you this month.

Gasper,
I tot I told you, KCC has responded and I have even gone for first stage of the Medicals. Am sincerely sorry that I never told you, it means it skipped my mind.
Will always let you know when I am gonna go for the interview which will be in March.
How far with you now? I know your success story will come soon.
Best of luck as u proceed

Bammy, wekere Congratzz.....
Pls wot flight did u guyz Take? I dont mean 2geda....
One more thing.. Pls we need INFLIGHT DETAILS... Jus 2 lighten up d house. Tanks.
@house, wataguan... Kilonshele...

Thanks, sorry for the late reply. Mine was Qatar airways, it was the cheapest i could get, it was $1004, one way ticket. The disadvantage is that it is a long flight cos it routs through Doha(Qatar capital) before connecting to the states, close to 30hrs duration for the entire trip. Believe me, there in flight economy class entertainment is superb. So the choice is yours to make. i bet you cant get any flight cheaper than theres. but they only connect New york, Washington n houston.

Thanks, sorry for the late reply. Mine was Qatar airways, it was the cheapest i could get, it was $1004, one way ticket. The disadvantage is that it is a long flight cos it routs through Doha(Qatar capital) before connecting to the states, close to 30hrs duration for the entire trip. Believe me, there in flight economy class entertainment is superb. So the choice is yours to make. i bet you cant get any flight cheaper than theres. but they only connect New york, Washington n houston.

My brother even if it was 50hrs as far as your landed safely into the land of Hope we give God alone the praises.
Best of your in all your endeavours

Guys, I need to know if i should go for my second dose medical test at Kamross since I already have my visa.

Guys, I need to know if i should go for my second dose medical test at Kamross since I already have my visa.

Well I think this is just a personal health thing and these vaccinations really help. I think you should take the second dose.

Mykoko, how far? Let us know what happened yesterday.I know it was positive all the way.

I got to the embassy at about 12pm, My appointed letter stated that I should report at 1pm. I was allowed to enter the embassy at 12 pm even though that was an hour earlier.The embassy was filled to capacity. I was asked to drop my appointment letter at window 2 and have a seat. I sat there till 3pm and still hadn't heard my name, I realized that those who came after me were being called to window 1. I approached the lady at window 1 to express my concerns as to the fact I have been sitting there for 3 hours and still hadn't heard my name. She told me those whose names were being mentioned had been asked to bring additional documents and therefore she was just taking those documents. She asked me to have my seat and that I would be called. I sat there till 4pm and I still hadn't been interview, I approached the lady at window 1 again and these time she gives me a sheet of paper to write my name, she dashes out and comes back to inform me that my case is with one of the interviewers and that I would be called soon .At about 4:15 pm I was called to window 5. I was the last person inside the embassy to be called even though I was the first to report amongst those with 1pm appointments.

Me: Good evening

CO: Good evening, he picks a blue paper and starts to write something on it.sorry for keeping you waiting. We are done with the administrative process and am happy to inform you that your visa has been granted. You will have to come back on the 19th of February for your visa. Don't make any travel arrangements until you receive you visa. Do you have any questions

Me: Yeah, am planning to travel in February so why can't I make any travel arrangements.

CO: There could be a error in the visa sticker that is embossed in your passport. That's why we advice applicants to receive their visas before making travel arrangements.

CO: He gives me the blue chit and says welcome to America.

Me : I thanked him and left.