• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Petit, Pls did you take your Affidavit of Support form along with you to the Embassy or it was forwarded via courier service by your sponsor. My interview is in January, 2NL is still on the way. I really appreciate your responses to the house, keep it up.

CN: 2010AF00002xxx
NL dated: 20th of March 2009
NL received: 8th July 2009
Returned forms: 15th July 2009
confirmed delivery 17th Sept 2009
2nd NL received: Still waiting
Started medicals: Still waiting
Visa interview: Still waiting

HI RUMUKY, GREETINGS AND HOPE YOU ARE DOING GREAT. PLEASE I WANT TO TELL YOU NOT TO WASTE MONEY ASKING FOR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FROM THE USA. IT IS NOT NEEDED ANYMORE STARTING FROM DV 2010. WHEN I WAS FILLING MY APPLICATION FORM AND CAME ACROSS THAT, I CALLED THE EMBASSY TO ASK AND THEY TOLD ME IT DOES NOT APPLY AND THAT I SHOULD WRITE N/A (NOT APPLICABLE). PETIT AS WELL WENT FOR HER INTERVIEW WITHOUT IT. WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR SECOND LETTER (INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT LETTER) THEY WILL CLEARLY STATE IT THAT ".... YOU DO HAVE TO HAVE A FINANCIAL SPONSOR IN THE UNITED STATES..." AND GOES FURTHER TO STATE THAT ".....NO APPLICANT IS INITIALLY REQUIRED TO PRESENT A PROF OF SPONSORSHIP...." ALL THAT THEY WILL BE INTERESTING IN IS WHERE YOU'LL LIVE AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PERSON YOU'LL BE LIVING WITH. DON'T STRESS YOURSELF SPENDING MONEY TO SEND AND RECEIVE DOCUMENTS THROUGH DHL. SAVE THAT MONEY AND BUY ONE WINTER JACKET FOR YOURSELF AND ONE FOR ME. ALL THE BEST OF LUCK.

PhILL
ATLANTA,GEORGIA
USA

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be picked up on Thursday 29th/10/2009
VISA PICKED UP AT 4:14PM ON 29TH/10/2009
DEPARTED FOR THE STATES AT 2AM/ 27TH/ NOV. 2009.
PORT OF ENTRY: ATLANTA INT. AIR PORT.
RESIDENCE: ATLANTA, GEORGIA

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8

HI RUMUKY, GREETINGS AND HOPE YOU ARE DOING GREAT. PLEASE I WANT TO TELL YOU NOT TO WASTE MONEY ASKING FOR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FROM THE USA. IT IS NOT NEEDED ANYMORE STARTING FROM DV 2010. WHEN I WAS FILLING MY APPLICATION FORM AND CAME ACROSS THAT, I CALLED THE EMBASSY TO ASK AND THEY TOLD ME IT DOES NOT APPLY AND THAT I SHOULD WRITE N/A (NOT APPLICABLE). PETIT AS WELL WENT FOR HER INTERVIEW WITHOUT IT. WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR SECOND LETTER (INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT LETTER) THEY WILL CLEARLY STATE IT THAT ".... YOU DO HAVE TO HAVE A FINANCIAL SPONSOR IN THE UNITED STATES..." AND GOES FURTHER TO STATE THAT ".....NO APPLICANT IS INITIALLY REQUIRED TO PRESENT A PROF OF SPONSORSHIP...." ALL THAT THEY WILL BE INTERESTING IN IS WHERE YOU'LL LIVE AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PERSON YOU'LL BE LIVING WITH. DON'T STRESS YOURSELF SPENDING MONEY TO SEND AND RECEIVE DOCUMENTS THROUGH DHL. SAVE THAT MONEY AND BUY ONE WINTER JACKET FOR YOURSELF AND ONE FOR ME. ALL THE BEST OF LUCK.

PhILL
ATLANTA,GEORGIA
USA

@phil... u always make me laugh... winter jacket again for u? lol

Oboy e be like say u wait 4 this thing pass me ooh.I think say na me dey expect pass.Dont worry it is goin to favour us all.

My brother so be say you talk oh,
We are all waiting for it, both those that are current and those yet to be current all in the spirit of togetherness.
We will surely get there by His grace

PhILL
ATLANTA,GEORGIA
USA

Phillooooooo, how u doing brother? Your information is always fantabulous (oyinbo) each time you show face. Thanx for that piece of info.

So Rumuky and others who are so worried about d "almighty" Affidavit of Support, Phill has finally given us d final answer to AOS, so no more cause for alarm. Allow AOS to have good sleep, don't wake am up again.

AOS own don pafuka ooo, AOS own don pafuka :D :D :D

helooo my people in the house i recieved a mail 4frm kcc dat my interview is been schelduled 4 first week of january but my fear is dat i was told dat my 2nd mail was send since nov 20 but am yet to receive it then can someone tell me how long d medical takes to be concluded .

ADVICE; Pls 4 those who are current 4 january plstry to mail kcc in respect of ur interview date as our so call NIPOST may realy delay the deliveryof ur 2nd Notification i wish everybody Good Luck in ur interview

@ petit pls wit out mush ado i support u been d GEN SEC of dis great forum

helooo my people in the house i recieved a mail 4frm kcc dat my interview is been schelduled 4 first week of january but my fear is dat i was told dat my 2nd mail was send since nov 20 but am yet to receive it then can someone tell me how long d medical takes to be concluded .

ADVICE; Pls 4 those who are current 4 january plstry to mail kcc in respect of ur interview date as our so call NIPOST may realy delay the deliveryof ur 2nd Notification i wish everybody Good Luck in ur interview

Shibadave,
Congrats for your date and I am sure the Lord will see you through.
The right thing for your to do is proceed for your medicals ASAP , how long it will take to complete shouldnt be an issue to you. Also I will advice you start preparation for your eventual interview almost immediately too.
Best of luck.

Shinadave,
For the 2nd NL, I will advice u to visit the post office/agency where you RECEIVED YOUR FIRST NOTIFICATION LETTER;
On medicals, print the email KCC sent you and use that to commerce your medicals NOW.
Take these to heart and START NOW.
GOOD LUCK
Navigator

Thanks for the info @SHINADAVE. I think it better for we who are current for January should contact kcc and NIPOST asap. Cause I'm yet to get my 2nl too.

NL Got to KCC June via FEDEX
Started medicals: Waiting
Completed Medicals: Waiting
2nd NL recieved: Waiting

To the whole house, I wish to inform you that I landed in Atlanta yesterday. The decision to take off came suddenly when my leave application was approved at the 11hour. I intend to come back Jan/February to prepare well for final take off after properly settling my family down here.

Petit/Bammyrichie: I hail you ooo.

Oga Matee, congratulations for safe landing. How obodo oyinbo land be? Snow don dey fall? Abi na hammattan? The weather dey one kin? abi ??? :D :D :D

We shall be glad if u could gist us with the cross-over experience, in-flight e.t.c. Did you carry garri and fried meat along too :D :D :D

I hail una ooo[/QUOTE]

My good people, thanks for the congratulatory messages. The journey was cool but it took us almost 22 hours to get to Atlanta via Delta line from Abuja. We had a stop-over at Dakar before landing at JFK. I never knew that there was a direct flight straight to Atlanta from Lagos that wont take more than 12 hours. So, ask questions before you decide on the airline and the route.

For visa lottery immigrants, they dont ask any questions other than taking your fingerprints. If you are changing your final destination address, it shall be done at your POE. The address on my package was New Jersey but we changed it to Atlanta. We were then directed to a small office where they took our fingerprints again, for activation of green card. No questions.

Just before landing, we were given a custom form(one for the whole family) where you have to indicate the items in your luggage. I opted to indicate that I had food(ijebu gaari) but we didnt carry any fish or meet product. I chose to indicate that we were carrying food because I didnt was to look stupid if eventually they decide to check our bags. Secondly, we decided not to carry any meat and face any delay or unnecessary questioning. Any you know, why should I carry something and lie about it. I later learnt that some people carried meat and fish but cant say whether they indicated it on their form or not. In all my previous trips to the US, I never tried it so cant say what may come out of it.

Pls dont carry more than $10,000 and ensure that you check the contents of your bags and any other items people request you to deliver to somebody abroad.

The weather here in Atlanta is not bad at all. You know, Atlanta is in the south. Maybe the story will be different in Alaska or Michigan (laugh). However, for a family man, it is better to reside in the South and not somewhere like New York to raise your kids.

In all, let us continue to seek the face of God for all our steps. There is a way that seemeth right unto man but the end thereof may be filled with destruction. God shall continue to guide our steps.

For those still waiting for their interview, cast all your hope on God. Those who fight on their knees are sure to have victory than those who trust in swords. Play your own part and leave the rest to God.

In the end, we shall all sing the song of victory.

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,
I stumbled over this forum and i must say that you guys have done well for yourselves.The forum is rich and i would love to be part of what is going on here.
I am currently awaiting my interview which is ,in about three weeks time.

-------------------------------------------
CN 2010AF00008***
IST NL DATED MARCH 24, 2009
IST NL RECEIVED APRIL 15,2009
SENT FORMS TO KCC APRIL 20, 2009
2ND NL RECEIVED NOVEMBER 2, 2009
MEDICALS STARTED NOVEMBER 7 , 2009
MEDICALS COMPLETED NOVEMBER 26, 2009
AWAITING INTERVIEW

Oga Matee, congratulations for safe landing. How obodo oyinbo land be? Snow don dey fall? Abi na hammattan? The weather dey one kin? abi ??? :D :D :D

We shall be glad if u could gist us with the cross-over experience, in-flight e.t.c. Did you carry garri and fried meat along too :D :D :D

I hail una ooo

My good people, thanks for the congratulatory messages. The journey was cool but it took us almost 22 hours to get to Atlanta via Delta line from Abuja. We had a stop-over at Dakar before landing at JFK. I never knew that there was a direct flight straight to Atlanta from Lagos that wont take more than 12 hours. So, ask questions before you decide on the airline and the route.

For visa lottery immigrants, they dont ask any questions other than taking your fingerprints. If you are changing your final destination address, it shall be done at your POE. The address on my package was New Jersey but we changed it to Atlanta. We were then directed to a small office where they took our fingerprints again, for activation of green card. No questions.

Just before landing, we were given a custom form(one for the whole family) where you have to indicate the items in your luggage. I opted to indicate that I had food(ijebu gaari) but we didnt carry any fish or meet product. I chose to indicate that we were carrying food because I didnt was to look stupid if eventually they decide to check our bags. Secondly, we decided not to carry any meat and face any delay or unnecessary questioning. Any you know, why should I carry something and lie about it. I later learnt that some people carried meat and fish but cant say whether they indicated it on their form or not. In all my previous trips to the US, I never tried it so cant say what may come out of it.

Pls dont carry more than $10,000 and ensure that you check the contents of your bags and any other items people request you to deliver to somebody abroad.

The weather here in Atlanta is not bad at all. You know, Atlanta is in the south. Maybe the story will be different in Alaska or Michigan (laugh). However, for a family man, it is better to reside in the South and not somewhere like New York to raise your kids.

In all, let us continue to seek the face of God for all our steps. There is a way that seemeth right unto man but the end thereof may be filled with destruction. God shall continue to guide our steps.

For those still waiting for their interview, cast all your hope on God. Those who fight on their knees are sure to have victory than those who trust in swords. Play your own part and leave the rest to God.

In the end, we shall all sing the song of victory.

LOL[/QUOTE]

Matee,
This was really nicely worded, detailed and very lucid.
Thanks for the info.
Do not forget to always remember us in your prayers ooooooooooo

Mr Matee,
I am glad you arrived safely. Welcome to America(as a legal permanent resident). Extend my regards to your family.

@Matee, I am happy that you had a safe and wonderful flight to Atlanta. And for those of us still looking into God's face for successful interview, we shall find favor.

I just found out that my interview will be in second week of January. I am starting my medical tomorrow, cause that will give me rest of mind to review my document and prepare myself well.

NL Got to KCC June via FEDEX
Started medicals: Waiting
Completed Medicals: Waiting
2nd NL recieved: Waiting

Thanks Phil. You are so funny, hahahahaha to 'BUY ONE WINTER JACKET FOR YOURSELF AND ONE FOR ME'. I am married though and I learnt AOS form is compulsory for married couple
2nd NL received: 8th Dec. 2009

Thanks Phil. You are so funny, hahahahaha to 'BUY ONE WINTER JACKET FOR YOURSELF AND ONE FOR ME'. I am married though and I learnt AOS form is compulsory for married couple
2nd NL received: 8th Dec. 2009

THANKS RUMUKY FOR THE COMPLIMENT, WHERE DID YOU LEARN THAT IT IS COMPULSORY FOR MARRIED PEOPLE? YOUR SIGNATURE SHOES YOU RECIEVED YOUR 2 NL YESTERDAY, PLEASE CALM DOWN AND READ OVER IT. I GOT MINE AND WENT THROUGH WITH IT, AND I GAVE YOU QUOTES FROM THE SECOND NL AND I WONDER WHY YOU STILL CANNOT UNDERSTAND. WELL IF YOU HAVE MADE UP YOUR MIND TO, THEN GOOD LUCK STILL. YOU CAN ONLY GET CONCRETE INFORMATION FROM THE US EMBASSY OR DOCUMENTS SENT TO YOU, AND NOT FROM "I HEAR SAY" OR LEARNING FROM OTHERS. ALL THE SAME TAKE CARE.

PHIL
ATLANTA, GEORGIA
USA

RESIDENCE: ATLANTA,GA