• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Hi guys i'm making this post from the airport through my hadset. I'm off guys. Will make a post when i arrive. Sori for not not contributing all this while. I guess you'll all understand.
Love Y'all
Phill

Freedom,
You did a yoo man's job by given us this details, honestly i quite appreciate. This is a good lesson learnt.

Take care of yourself and do pray for us that are still waiting to be current.

@Freedom007, Thanks 4 this details, it is definately highly detailed. Sure with GOD's divine intervention it'll go a long way to better prepare us dat are waitin 4 d interview. Thanks.

joequi and danje, you're very welcome. this forum has been really helpful to me and im glad i can contribute in some way. All the best guys

Hi guys i'm making this post from the airport through my hadset. I'm off guys. Will make a post when i arrive. Sori for not not contributing all this while. I guess you'll all understand.
Love Y'all
Phill

:) it makes me smile that you're thinking of us as you escape...haha...have a safe flight and come back to the forum to contribute oh!!!

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. After my interview, i just typed out everything i could remember into my phone so i wont forget when i come here to relay my experience...haha

after submitting my appointment letter at the security check point, they gave me a brown card with a number on it. Just like everyone that has posted their experience before me, i went through security, paid my visa fee, collected the receipt and entered the embassy to wait.

When it was my turn to be interviewed I already knew they were about to call me because my university certificate is huge!!! I could see two of the COs staring at it from my chair so i was laughing when i reached window 11 (the man).

CO: you knew i was going to call you when you saw this didn't you? (referring to my certificate)
ME: (laughing) yes i saw it
CO: raise your right hand. do you promise to tell the truth today?
ME: Yes, i do
CO: what's your name?
CO: what's your date of birth?
CO: what's your highest degree?
ps: he asked these questions VERY quickly. i think the idea is that if you're lying you might not be able to answer these questions as quickly as someone who is telling the truth. so don't panic if they breeze through the first few questions.
CO: you graduated from *** right?
CO: what did you study?
CO: did you have to take any accounting classes?
ME: Yes...i only had to take two
CO: what is a balance sheet
CO: what is a statement of cash flows
CO: what do you do now?
CO: what are you planning to do when you return to the states?
CO: who applied for the lottery on your behalf
CO: You were in the US when you applied
ME: yes i was bla bla bla
CO: you are very lucky
ME: i know (laughing)
CO: so you came back just for this? oh never mind. you've been around for a while
ME: *smile*

he went and came back with an orange pick up letter
ME: thank you very much
CO: you're the one with the good luck...you should wish me luck
ME: well, good luck then...lol

c'est fini

Congratulations to you Freedom007 and thanks a million for the details. Thank God for his favour in your life. To God be the glory. I pray the rest of us yet to have ours make it like you made yours in Jesus name, Amen! Congratulations to you once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, i arrived at the embassy a little past 6am and it was not my turn to be interviewed until a few minutes to 11am. so i sat and watched them interview other people for like 4 hours!!!! here are some tips i gleaned from watching and listening:

1. Speak confidently. Look them in the eye and smile as appropriate

2. No matter how hot tempered you are never ever ever ever argue with the CO. I overheard one lady snap at the same man that interviewed me. He asked her a question and she snapped and said something like "i'm not done talking". he also interrupted me maybe once or twice when i was talking to him but it didnt annoy me. it just felt like a normal conversation. In any case, that lady was denied

3. While waiting, pray that you get a CO that's in a good mood. Ask God to send you to the CO with who you will find favor.

4.Don't worry if you have a weak NECO/WAEC result. As long as you meet the minimum requirement stated on the "notice to applicants from Nigeria" you will be fine. just be confident. besides, a weak result is easier to defend than straight A1s. Personally, i was happy that my NECO result wasnt fantastic because i figured that if they ask me any secondary school question that i dont remember, i'll just tell them that they can see that i flunked NECO. LoL One lady came with her husband and son and the CO asked her husband to go and sit while she was being interviewed. Her results were only three months old but when she couldnt answer the questions asked, the CO said "tell me what types of questions you encountered on the biology exam"--she kept saying "cells" so she was asked about her physics exam and she still couldnt say what types of questions she encountered on that exam. She was denied

5.if you are married take LOTS of pictures of you and your spouse together. Pictures of your spouse with your family as well as pictures of you with your spouse's family are also helpful. If the pictures are in an album, it looks more credible. I mean, if you say you've been married for 5 years and the album looks a little worn out from age, it's hard to discredit such a relationship

6.If for some reason, your spouse is abroad, make sure you take along records of text messages and emails exchanged

7.If you are asked a question and you miss it, or you don't know the answer, don't panic. One young man told the Chinese CO at window 12 that the word “is” is an adjective and he still got approved for the visa. So don't ever panic. Just keep your cool, maintain a positive attitude and you will find favor

8.If for some reason, you open your xray before reaching to embassy, don't worry yourself. They kuku told us to open the thing from outside...i just have to add this tip because the nurse at kamorass was almost screaming “don't open it oh” when I asked her about the documents inside the xray envelope...hahaha

9.If you cram answers, be careful to listen to what you are being asked. One lady really annoyed the CO because she kept answering questions she wasn't asked. If you choose to cram things to say, practice enough times that it sounds natural. The CO kept telling her to stop saying things that she had crammed but she continued doing it. She was denied. Another lady kept giving short incomplete answers—even though this lady got her visa, the CO was getting impatient with her and she was almost in tears by the end of the interview. Even the CO had to ask if she was okay

10.remember that tag I said they gave me after i submitted my appointment letter? The one that has a number on it? Guard it like a gem! One man lost his, and they spent like 10 minutes looking for it because it must be returned to the CO before the interview can take place. Trust me, you don't want this type of pressure just before the interview.

11.If you are going for a visiting visa, you are supposed to act as if you absolutely love Nigeria and would never want to relocate to America. Please don't try to give them this impression during your DV interview. One man was denied, and in an attempt to change the CO's mind, he told the CO that his intention was to get residency and then come back to Nigeria. That he is the Chairman somewhere etc etc. that basically sealed the deal. The CO told him that the visa is not intended for people that intend to get residency and then come back to Nigeria—so please, even if this is your plan, do not tell the CO about it.

Finally, I feel that God helped me to realize something about two days to my interview. The visa is already yours—you won it in the lottery. The ONLY reasons for the interview are for you to prove your identity (which is accomplished via the documents you take along). The other point of the interview is to prove that you are educated—so even if you don't know the answer to a question, just say something that sounds smart.

Go and succeed.
Cheers,
Freedom007

Congrats freedom...We'll ALL surely succeed in Jesus name.
i have 2 questions for u and d house. Whats d BEST reply to give when asked "what do u intend to do in the US" and :why do u want to go to the US"?

also what kind of questions are the dependants asked (eg the wife of the winner)?

@freedom
Thanks 4 d explicit post.I guess there is no choice than to really revise those ssce stuffs as d result must be defended if it is good.Guys do be lazy to do this as to b forewarned is to be forearmed;there is stil time and dat is why we must b thankin God dat we have these information b4 time.With dat and prayer to back up,God wil surely do it.

i have 2 questions for u and d house. Whats d BEST reply to give when asked "what do u intend to do in the US" and :why do u want to go to the US"?

For d first i wud say to look say to look 4 a job and then further my studies.
For d second, i wud say to secure a better future for myself as d US offers one opportunities to excel irrespective of ones field of study.

Love Y'all
Phill

Hope the eagle has landed.How is d weather?I learnt it is gettin colder.All d best.

also what kind of questions are the dependants asked (eg the wife of the winner)?

thank you Tonell. Amen!!! everybody here will turn out successful
hmmm it's hard for me to say that i think any answer is the best, but going there to get an advanced degree is generally a good idea--two people said something along that line and were successful.
With regards to why you want to go there, i would say something like: "i feel very fortunate to have won the lottery and i intend to take advantage of such a great opportunity"

As for dependents, it seemed to me that most of the questions they were asked were geared towards establishing that the relationships were genuine. For example, one man (his wife was the winner) was asked for the birth dates of a couple of his children. He was also asked how long he was dating his wife before they got married--for some reason he laughed when asked this question and quite a few people in the embassy started laughing as well...lol...

@freedom
Thanks 4 d explicit post.I guess there is no choice than to really revise those ssce stuffs as d result must be defended if it is good.Guys do be lazy to do this as to b forewarned is to be forearmed;there is stil time and dat is why we must b thankin God dat we have these information b4 time.With dat and prayer to back up,God wil surely do it.

you're welcome, gasper.
and what you said is true. knowledge really is power!

Love Y'all
Phill

If you don't mind my asking, what airline did you fly?

Now, i arrived at the embassy a little past 6am and it was not my turn to be interviewed until a few minutes to 11am. so i sat and watched them interview other people for like 4 hours!!!! here are some tips i gleaned from watching and listening:

1. Speak confidently. Look them in the eye and smile as appropriate

2. No matter how hot tempered you are never ever ever ever argue with the CO. I overheard one lady snap at the same man that interviewed me. He asked her a question and she snapped and said something like "i'm not done talking". he also interrupted me maybe once or twice when i was talking to him but it didnt annoy me. it just felt like a normal conversation. In any case, that lady was denied

3. While waiting, pray that you get a CO that's in a good mood. Ask God to send you to the CO with who you will find favor.

4.Don't worry if you have a weak NECO/WAEC result. As long as you meet the minimum requirement stated on the "notice to applicants from Nigeria" you will be fine. just be confident. besides, a weak result is easier to defend than straight A1s. Personally, i was happy that my NECO result wasnt fantastic because i figured that if they ask me any secondary school question that i dont remember, i'll just tell them that they can see that i flunked NECO. LoL One lady came with her husband and son and the CO asked her husband to go and sit while she was being interviewed. Her results were only three months old but when she couldnt answer the questions asked, the CO said "tell me what types of questions you encountered on the biology exam"--she kept saying "cells" so she was asked about her physics exam and she still couldnt say what types of questions she encountered on that exam. She was denied

5.if you are married take LOTS of pictures of you and your spouse together. Pictures of your spouse with your family as well as pictures of you with your spouse's family are also helpful. If the pictures are in an album, it looks more credible. I mean, if you say you've been married for 5 years and the album looks a little worn out from age, it's hard to discredit such a relationship

6.If for some reason, your spouse is abroad, make sure you take along records of text messages and emails exchanged

7.If you are asked a question and you miss it, or you don't know the answer, don't panic. One young man told the Chinese CO at window 12 that the word “is” is an adjective and he still got approved for the visa. So don't ever panic. Just keep your cool, maintain a positive attitude and you will find favor

8.If for some reason, you open your xray before reaching to embassy, don't worry yourself. They kuku told us to open the thing from outside...i just have to add this tip because the nurse at kamorass was almost screaming “don't open it oh” when I asked her about the documents inside the xray envelope...hahaha

9.If you cram answers, be careful to listen to what you are being asked. One lady really annoyed the CO because she kept answering questions she wasn't asked. If you choose to cram things to say, practice enough times that it sounds natural. The CO kept telling her to stop saying things that she had crammed but she continued doing it. She was denied. Another lady kept giving short incomplete answers—even though this lady got her visa, the CO was getting impatient with her and she was almost in tears by the end of the interview. Even the CO had to ask if she was okay

10.remember that tag I said they gave me after i submitted my appointment letter? The one that has a number on it? Guard it like a gem! One man lost his, and they spent like 10 minutes looking for it because it must be returned to the CO before the interview can take place. Trust me, you don't want this type of pressure just before the interview.

11.If you are going for a visiting visa, you are supposed to act as if you absolutely love Nigeria and would never want to relocate to America. Please don't try to give them this impression during your DV interview. One man was denied, and in an attempt to change the CO's mind, he told the CO that his intention was to get residency and then come back to Nigeria. That he is the Chairman somewhere etc etc. that basically sealed the deal. The CO told him that the visa is not intended for people that intend to get residency and then come back to Nigeria—so please, even if this is your plan, do not tell the CO about it.

Finally, I feel that God helped me to realize something about two days to my interview. The visa is already yours—you won it in the lottery. The ONLY reasons for the interview are for you to prove your identity (which is accomplished via the documents you take along). The other point of the interview is to prove that you are educated—so even if you don't know the answer to a question, just say something that sounds smart.

Go and succeed.
Cheers,
Freedom007

Freedom ...Congratulations... Thank you for giving detailed info like this to the house. I believe I was made to defend my NECO result because it was exceptionally good. It looks as if the better your results are, the more u defend it, and once they're convinced you get ur visa. If you have an average result, you dont really have much to do of course except in exceptional cases where you have other questions to answer else where.

Also, the time before your interview while waiting is just the time to relax, prepare your mind and try to listen to other people's interview. I totally agree with what freedom said, while waiting to be called, i was praying that I should find favor with whichever CO that picks up my file..

I really believe God first, then with the kind of info on this forum, you're assured success. So who's next in the house? I believe we dont have anyone going this nov again...... So congrats to those who r current for December...

Love Y'all
Phill

@ Phill , glad for you... Goodluck as you progress into the next phase of your life, we all miss u on here.

When can i invite my mum over

Hello people,

This forum has been so helpful since i got to know about through a friend i met during my medical examination test.

I found out true stories about the whole process than what i was getting before from other people.

Thanks to this house and most expecially MY FRD.u r a gr8 frd.

PLAYED DV LOTTERY..............................NOV 22ND, 2008
WINNING NOTIFICATION ........................APR 14TH, 2009
SENT MY FORM BACK.............................APR 20TH, 2009
DHL NOTIFICATION OF DELIVERY..............APR 23RD, 2009
GOT MY 2ND NOTIFICATION VIA EMAIL......'SEPT 20TH, 2009
COMPLETED MY MEDICALS ......................OCT 6TH, 2009
INTERVIEM DATE ...................................OCT 7TH, 2009
VISA GRANTED.......................................OCT 7TH, 2009
VISA COLLECTED....................................OCT 15TH, 2009
LEFT NIGERIA.........................................NOV 7TH, 2009
ARRIVED ATLANTA..................................NOV 9TH, 2009
AWAITING MY GC AND SSN NOW.

BECAUSE HE LIVES

Hello people,

This forum has been so helpful since i got to know about through a friend i met during my medical examination test.

I found out true stories about the whole process than what i was getting before from other people.

Thanks to this house and most expecially ABIDEMI ADEDIRAN.u r a gr8 frd.

PLAYED DV LOTTERY..............................NOV 22ND, 2008
WINNING NOTIFICATION ........................APR 14TH, 2009
SENT MY FORM BACK.............................APR 20TH, 2009
DHL NOTIFICATION OF DELIVERY..............APR 23RD, 2009
GOT MY 2ND NOTIFICATION VIA EMAIL......'SEPT 20TH, 2009
COMPLETED MY MEDICALS ......................OCT 6TH, 2009
INTERVIEM DATE ...................................OCT 7TH, 2009
VISA GRANTED.......................................OCT 7TH, 2009
VISA COLLECTED....................................OCT 15TH, 2009
LEFT NIGERIA.........................................NOV 7TH, 2009
ARRIVED ATLANTA..................................NOV 9TH, 2009
AWAITING MY GC AND SSN NOW.

oga why dont you just take time out and do a proper signature.

your mum can only come when you become a citizen!( after 5yrs)

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. After my interview, i just typed out everything i could remember into my phone so i wont forget when i come here to relay my experience...haha

after submitting my appointment letter at the security check point, they gave me a brown card with a number on it. Just like everyone that has posted their experience before me, i went through security, paid my visa fee, collected the receipt and entered the embassy to wait.

When it was my turn to be interviewed I already knew they were about to call me because my university certificate is huge!!! I could see two of the COs staring at it from my chair so i was laughing when i reached window 11 (the man).

CO: you knew i was going to call you when you saw this didn't you? (referring to my certificate)
ME: (laughing) yes i saw it
CO: raise your right hand. do you promise to tell the truth today?
ME: Yes, i do
CO: what's your name?
CO: what's your date of birth?
CO: what's your highest degree?
ps: he asked these questions VERY quickly. i think the idea is that if you're lying you might not be able to answer these questions as quickly as someone who is telling the truth. so don't panic if they breeze through the first few questions.
CO: you graduated from *** right?
CO: what did you study?
CO: did you have to take any accounting classes?
ME: Yes...i only had to take two
CO: what is a balance sheet
CO: what is a statement of cash flows
CO: what do you do now?
CO: what are you planning to do when you return to the states?
CO: who applied for the lottery on your behalf
CO: You were in the US when you applied
ME: yes i was bla bla bla
CO: you are very lucky
ME: i know (laughing)
CO: so you came back just for this? oh never mind. you've been around for a while
ME: *smile*

he went and came back with an orange pick up letter
ME: thank you very much
CO: you're the one with the good luck...you should wish me luck
ME: well, good luck then...lol

c'est fini

Conhrats again freedom007 thanks for this very enlightening update I have been able to learn one or two things. All the best to those with their interviews in Dec.

HI GUYS, FINALLY, THE DELTA AIR, FLIGHT 1727, THAT TOUCHED DOWN AT THE ATLANTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AT 9:32PM LOCAL US TIME, HAD BROUGHT ME WITH IT. GUYS, TRAVELING FOR THE FIRST TIME ON AIR OUT OF HOME CAN SEEM VERY EXCITING, BUT EMBARRASSING AS THE CASE MORE OFTEN CAN BE. HERE IS MY FLIGHT EXPERIENCE. INITIALLY, I BOARDED THE ROYAL AIR MAROC FLIGHT 288 FROM HOME, WHICH TOOK ME TO CASABLANCA. AT CASABLANCA, WE SPENT ABOUT 2:45 MINUTES GOING THROUGH SECURITY CHECKS AND CHANGING OUR PLANE FROM THE BOEING 737 TO THE BIGGER BOEING 777 AND ITS HERE THAT OUR BOARDING PASS TICKET TO JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT NEW YORK AND THE CONNECTING DELTA FLIGHT FROM NEW YORK TO ATLANTA WERE ISSUED. GUYS PLEASE IF YOU ARE LIKE ME, TRAVELING ON AIR FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME, PLEASE TRY TO AVOID THE FOLLOWING. I FUMBLED AND AS SUCH LEARNED A LOT AND I WOULDN'T WANT YOU GUYS TO GET AS EMBARRASSED AS I WAS, THAT'S THE REASON I'M MAKING THIS POST.
PLEASE GUYS, THE BREAKFAST, LAUNCH OR DINNER YOU'LL BE SERVED ON BOARD, WONT BE THE REGULAR OGBONO SOUP AND GARRI YOU AND I EAT AT IYA BASSIRA EVERY MINUTE, IT WILL BE WHAT YOU MAY HAVE NEVER THOUGHT COULD EVEN BE SERVED AS FOOD MY DEARS. AND PLEASE, YOU ARE NOT COMPELLED TO EAT ALL OF WHAT IS SERVED TO YOU. THERE WAS THIS GUY SITTING NEXT TO ME WHO THOUGHT EVERYTHING IS MEANT TO BE EATEN, WELL LETS JUST SAY, HIS STOMACH WAS NOT READY TO ACCEPT EVERYTHING THE THE MOUTH HAD CONSUME, SO HE HAD TO THROW UP AND IMAGINE HOW THE YOUNG GENTLEMAN, WELL DRESSED IN BLUE - BLACK SUIT WAS EMBARRASSED!! ANOTHER GIRL NEXT ON THE OTHER SECTION, PUT THE SACHET SUGAR PROVIDED FOR COFFEE IN HER POTATOES, THINKING IT WAS SALK. GUYS, THERE IS NO NEED TO PRETEND WE KNOW WHAT WE DON'T, SO IT TAKES NOTHING ASKING. WHEN MY FOOD WAS SERVED, LUCKILY THERE WAS ONE REGULAR FLIER, AN AMERICAN BESIDE ME.(YOU'LL SEE THEM AND KNOW THEM FROM THEY ARE FAMILIAR WITH AIR FLIGHTS FROM THE WAY THEY BEHAVE ON BOARD) SO MY TRICK WAS TO OBSERVE WHAT HE WAS DOING WITH WHAT, ON HIS PLATE AND I JUST FOLLOW. WHAT HE DIDNT EAT OR USE, I'LL LOOK AT ANOTHER DIRECTION TO SEE WHAT ANOTHER "EXPERIENCED" PERSON IS DOING WITH IT, THEN I DO THE COPY WORK. I SUCCEEDED GOING THROUGH SOME OTHER THINGS BECAUSE I KEPT ASKING QUESTION.
BE MORE CAREFUL ESPECIALLY DURING YOUR TRANSFER FLIGHT (TRANSITS) OR CONNECTING FLIGHT. ITS ALMOST CERTAIN THAT THE FLIGHT YOU BOARD AT HOME MAY NOT BE THE FLIGHT TO TAKE YOU TO THE SATES DIRECTLY. I SAY SO BECAUSE WHEN WE ARRIVED THE AIR PORT, I SAW A COUPLE OF PEOPLE SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR AND OTHERS CRYING AS IF IT WAS A "CRY DIE AVENUE", AND WHEN I ASKED THE SECURITY OFFICER, HE TOLD ME "THEY HAD EITHER MISSED THEIR FLIGHTS OR WAITING FOR ANOTHER TAKE OFF. TRY TO BE AS SMART AS YOU CAN WHILE TRAVELING.
WHEN I THINK OF HOW DIFFICULT IT WAS FOR ME COPING AND FINDING MY WAY THROUGH, I IMAGINE HOW WORST IT WILL BE FOR MY MUM WHO WILL BE JOINING ME AS SOON AS I GET ME GREEN CARD. WELL SHE'LL MAKE IT.
I WAS CHECKED AT NEW YORK UPON ARRIVAL, AND THEY ASKED ME TO SIGN A FORM, THAT IT WAS FOR MY GREEN CARD AND I GAVE THEM MY US HOME ADDRESS AGAIN. AND THAT WAS IT. AT ARRIVAL AT ATLANTA, ALL I DID WAS CLAIMED MY BAGGAGE AND I WENT OUT OF THE AIR PORT, SINCE THE HOMELAND SECURITY AND BOARDER PROTECTION HAD DONE THEIR DUTY ON ME IN NEW YORK. MY FLIGHT ARRIVED AT ATLANTA 40 MINUTES AHEAD OF SCHEDULED TIME, SO I HAD TO WAIT FOR 40 MINUTES IN THE COLD BEFORE I WAS PICKED UP AT THEY TIME THEY KNEW I'LL ARRIVE. AND WHILE WAITING, HERE COMES MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH A WHITE :TWO WHITE AIR PORT SECURITY OFFICER WERE WALKING TOWARDS ME, AND ONE OF THEM FOLDED THE SLEEVES OF HIS SHIRT AND POINTED AT HIS WHITE SKIN, SAYING "THIS IS BEAUTIFUL (THERE BY SAYING MY BLACK COLOUR IS NOT NICE BUT HIS CO OFFICER SAID :DON'T MIND HIM HE'S CRAZY, BUT I'M WITH YOU? OFCOURSE I WAS SO QUITE AND CALM. ALL I WONDERED WAS HOW EDUCATED MEN OF THAT NATURE COULD BE RACIST IN THE 21ST CENTURY. GUYS THAT'S HOW IT WENT, I'M REALLY TIRED AND FEELING SLEEPY, I'LL KEEP IN TOUCH, THOUGHT OF MAKING THIS POST BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE. PETIT, PLEASE I'M WAITING FOR YOU. ITS KIND OF COLD, BUT NOT TOO COLD, WE'LL ALL GET USE TO IT. GUYS, USA IS A MINI PARADISE ON EARTH, I CANT LIE. ITS A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY.
LOVE Y'ALL & I'll KEEP IN TOUCH.
PHILL

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be picked up on Thursday 29th/10/2009
VISA PICKED UP AT 4:14PM ON 29TH/10/2009

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8

HI GUYS, FINALLY, THE DELTA AIR FLIGHT DL 1727, THAT TOUCHED DOWN AT THE ATLANTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AT 9:32PM LOCAL US TIME, HAD BROUGHT ME WITH IT. GUYS, TRAVELING FOR THE FIRST TIME ON AIR OUT OF HOME CAN SEEM VERY EXCITING, BUT NOT AS EMBARRASSING AS THE CASE MORE OFTEN CAN BE. HERE IS MY FLIGHT EXPERIENCE. INITIALLY, I BOARDED THE ROYAL AIR MAROC FLIGHT AT 288 FROM HOME, WHICH TOOK US TO CASABLANCA. AT CASABLANCA, WE SPENT ABOUT 2:45 MINUTES GOING THROUGH SECURITY CHECKS AND CHANGING OUR PLANE FROM THE BOEING 737 TO THE BIGGER BOEING 777 AND ITS HERE THAT OUR BOARDING PASS TICKET TO JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT NEW YORK AND THE CONNECTING DELTA FLIGHT FROM NEW YORK TO ATLANTA WERE ISSUED. GUYS PLEASE IF YOU ARE LIKE ME, TRAVELING ON A AIR PLANE FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME, PLEASE TRY TO AVOID THE FOLLOWING. I FUMBLED AND AS SUCH LEARN T A LOT AND I WOULDN'T WANT YOU GUYS TO GET AS EMBARRASSED AS I WAS, THAT'S THE REASON I'M MAKING THIS POST.
PLEASE GUYS, THE BREAKFAST, LAUNCH OR DINNER YOU'LL BE SERVED ON BOARD, WONT BE THE REGULAR OGBONO SOUP AND GARRI YOU AND I EAT AT IYA BASSIRA EVERY MINUTE, IT WILL BE WHAT YOU MAY HAVE NEVER THOUGHT COULD EVEN BE SERVED AS FOOD MY DEARS. AND PLEASE, YOU ARE NOT COMPELLED TO EAT ALL OR WHAT IS SERVED TO YOU. THE WAS ONE GUY SITTING BESIDE ME WHO THOUGHT EVERYTHING IS MEANT TO BE EATEN, WELL LETS JUST SAY, HIS STOMACH WAS NOT READY YO ACCEPT ALL THINGS THE MOUTH HAD CONSUME, SO HE HAD TO TROW UP AND IMAGINE HOW THE YOUNG GENTLEMAN, WELL DRESSED IN BLUE - BLACK SUIT WAS EMBARRASSED? ANOTHER GRANDMA GIRL BESIDE NEXT ON THE OTHER SECTION, PUT THE SACHET SUGAR PROVIDED FOR COFFEE IN HER POTATOES, THINKING IT WAS SALK. GUYS, THERE IS NO NEED TO PRETEND WE KNOW WHAT WE DON'T, SO IT TAKES NOTHING ASKING. I SUCCEEDED GOING THROUGH SOME ONE OR TWO THINGS BECAUSE I KEPT ASKING QUESTION. BE MORE CAREFUL ESPECIALLY DURING YOUR TRANSFER FLIGHT OR CONNECTING FLIGHT. ITS ALMOST CERTAIN THAT THE FLIGHT YOU BOARD AT HOME MAY NOT BE THE FLIGHT TO TAKE YOU TO THE SATES DIRECTLY. I SAY SO CUS WHEN WE ARRIVED THE AIR PORT, I SAW A COUPLE OF PEOPLE SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR LIKE, AND WHEN I ASKED PORT AUTHORITY, HE TOLD ME "THEY THEIR FLIGHTS DUE TO EITHER LATE ARRIVAL OF THE CONNECTING FLIGHT OF THE CAME FOR BOARDING CHECK IN LATE. TRY TO BE AS SMART AS YOU CAN. WHILE TRAVELING, I THOUGHT OF HOW DIFFICULT IT WAS FOR ME COPING AND FINDING OUT THINGS MYSELF AND HOW WORST IT WILL BE FOR MY MUM WHO WILL BE JOINING ME AS SOON AS I GET ME GREEN CARD. WELL SHE'LL MAKE IT.
I WAS CHECKED AT NEW YORK AND THEY ASKED ME TO SIGN A FORM, THAT IT WAS FOR MY GREEN CARD AND I GAVE THEM MY US HOME ADDRESS AGAIN. AND THAT WAS IT. AT ARRIVAL AT ATLANTA, ALL I DID WAS CLAIMED MY BAGGAGE AND I WENT OUT OF THE AIR PORT, SINCE THE HOMELAND SECURITY AND BOARDER PROTECTION HAD DONE THEIR DUTY ON ME IN NEW YORK. MY FLIGHT ARRIVED NEW YORK 40 MINUTES AHEAD OF SCHEDULED TIME, SO I HAD TO WAIT FOR 40 MINUTES TO BE PICKED UP THE TIME THEY KNEW I'LL ARRIVE. AND WHILE WAITING, HERE COMES MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH A WHITE :TWO WHITE AIR PORT SECURITIES OFFICER WERE WALKING TAWARDS ME, AND ONE OF THEM FOLDED THE SLEEVES OF HIS SHIRT AND SHOWED ME HIS WHITE SKIN, SAYING "THIS IS BUETIFUL (THERE BY SAYING MY BLACK COLLOUR IS NOT NICE BUT HIS CO OFFICER SAI :DONT WORRRI HE IS CRAZY, BUT I'M WITH YOU? ALL I WONDERED WAS HOW AN EDUCATED MY OF THAT NATURE COULD BE A RACIST IN THE 21ST CENTURY. GUYS THATS HOW IT WENT, I'M REALLY TIRED AND FEELING SLEEPING, I';LL KEEP IN TOUCH, THOUGHT OF MAKING THIS POST BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE. PETIT, PLEASE I'M WAITING FOR YOU. ITS KIND OF COLD, BUT NOT TOO COLD, WE'LL ALL GET USE TO IT. GUYS, THERE USA IS A PEPTI PARADISE ON HEART, I CANT LIE. ITS A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY.
LOVE Y'ALL & i'LL KEEP IN TOUCH.
PHILL

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be picked up on Thursday 29th/10/2009
VISA PICKED UP AT 4:14PM ON 29TH/10/2009

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8

@ Phill, thanks for the update..lol... nice to know u arrived safely...Cheers and goodluck

EYE OPENER
Guys let's express our profound gratitude to Phil for his latest posting thank you for allowing us to go on that journey with you through your posting and welcome to the America,where everyone is in search of his/her American dream.Guys America can be bitter sweet,let's just be prepared cos we will surely come across Racism of the highest order that you have not witness in your entire life,but the best answer to racism is to be prepared to be the best in any field of human endeavour that you found yourself.What about freinds that promise you heaven and earth before you left home some will let you down, all we all need to do is to depend on God totally through all this process at the end brothers and sisters everlasting joy will be our reward.As we all eager to achieve all the achieveables(my grammar) let us not forget due process one step at a time when we get to America.
more on this later.