• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Ok, so just waiting to be current and fly home to do ur meds and stuffs.. remember to get ur police report from the US too, sure you know, just a reminder anyway...

exactly, after getting to lagos...Its all in the hands of Baba God.

@police certificate.... i hear they do a background/FBI check if you've previously lived in the US, so they dont ask you to bring a police certificate from here but you have to bring a police certificate for Nigeria if you've lived in nigeria for 6months over the age of 16yrs.

i went through with my smoked meat

Hi Phill,

Very interesting and informative posts. I wanted to share two things. First if you have some food, like meat, they will just throw it. I had this experience when i came one time to the US. My mom had packed me some sandwich and it had some chicken in it. I was asked do you have any meat items. I said just a sandwich. And they took it and were going to throw it. I asked if i could eat it, they refused!:mad: Second thing, it might not be best to say you did not pack your items yourself, as that will cause them to check all of your luggage one item by item. For food items, if it is true, you may say that your family might have added some food items just so you may survive the first few days before you get a chance to learn how and where to get around! Good luck in settling in the US. All the best. All praise belongs to God for all of His favors on us.

hey Guys, HOPE YOU ARE DOING GREAT. BEST WISHES TO ALL CURRENT CASES FOR THIS DECEMBER.

I AGREE WITH cooldude06 PERFECTLY WELL, BUT THEN DO YOU KNOW I HAD SMOKED MEAT (DRIED MEAT) AND I WENT THROUGH WITH IT? WELL LETS JUST SAY I WAS LUCKY, AND ALSO THAT I USED THE TRICK AN AMERICAN CITIZEN TOLD ME. SOMEONE WROTE EARLIER SAYING ITS NOT GOOD TO START UP WITH LIES, I AGREE WITH HIM TO0, BUT THEN I BELIEVE HE READ MY POST WELL ENOUGH. "THOUGH ITS NOT GOOD TO LIE....." I STATED THAT POST WITH, ACKNOWLEDGING I KNEW ITS NOT GOOD TO LIE. BUT THEN IT MADE ME GO THROUGH WITH MY MEAT AND VEGETABLES LIKE "ERU". SOME VEGETABLES TOO ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE US. IN FACT MY BAG WAS NOT EVEN OPENED BY THE CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION OFFICERS BECAUSE I MADE THEM BELIEVE I HAD NOTHING THEY DIDN'T WANT. PLEASE I DIDN'T SAY ANYONE SHOULD DO WHAT I DID, BUT I SAID "IF YOU ARE NOT AS LUCKY AS ME, THEN ......"

I HAVE A COPY OF THE US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION FORM HERE WITH ME, AND YOU'LL BE REQUIRED TO DECLARE THE FOLLOWING
ARTICLE 11 REQUIRES YOU TO DECLARE AS SUCH:"COURTESY THE FORM PLEASE"
11) I AM (WE ARE) BRINGING
A) FRUITS, VEGETABLES, PLANTS, SEEDS, FOOD, INSECTS
B) MEAT, ANIMALS, ANIMAL/ WILDLIFE PRODUCTS
C)DISEASE AGENTS, CELL CULTURES, SNAILS
D) SOIL OR HAVE BEEN ON A FARM/ RANCH/ PASTURE
AND ARTICLE 15 SECTION 2 REQUIRE YOU, AS A NON RESIDENT AT THE MOMENT (VISITOR) TO DECLARE AS SUCH:
15/ 2: THE TOTAL VALUE OF ALL ARTICLES THAT WILL REMAIN IN THE US INCLUDING COMMERCIAL MERCHANDISE IS: $---------

THE POINT IS, IMAGINE YOU ARE BRINGING 35 KILOS OF GARI INTO THE USA, THEY MAY UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE BRINGING IT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE AND AS SUCH WILL REQUIRE YOU TO DECLARE THE VALUE OF IT, AND MAYBE TAX IT BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH IT. THAT'S THE POINT AND I HOPE YOU ALL GET IT, SAME WITH OTHER FOOD ITEMS. EXCEPT MEAT WHICH MOST OFTEN YOU CANT GET IN WITH IT. I SAID MOST OFTEN BECAUSE BY HOOK OR BY CROOK OF WHATEVER YOU'LL TERM IT, I GOT IN WITH MINE, A LARGE QUANTITY OF IT, AND BEHOLD, I HAD GARI AND ERU, WITH MY MEAT FOR LAUNCH THIS AFTERNOON, ALL OF WHICH I BROUGHT FROM HOME.
WISH YOU GUYS THE BEST
LOVE Y'ALL
PHILL

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be picked up on Thursday 29th/10/2009
VISA PICKED UP AT 4:14PM ON 29TH/10/2009
DEPARTED FOR THE STATES AT 2AM/ 27TH/ NOV. 2009.
PORT OF ENTRY: ATLANTA INT. AIR PORT.

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8

hey Guys, HOPE YOU ARE DOING GREAT. BEST WISHES TO ALL CURRENT CASES FOR THIS DECEMBER.

I AGREE WITH cooldude06 PERFECTLY WELL, BUT THEN DO YOU KNOW I HAD SMOKED MEAT (DRIED MEAT) AND I WENT THROUGH WITH IT? WELL LETS JUST SAY I WAS LUCKY, AND ALSO THAT I USED THE TRICK AN AMERICAN CITIZEN TOLD ME. SOMEONE WROTE EARLIER SAYING ITS NOT GOOD TO START UP WITH LIES, I AGREE WITH HIM TO0, BUT THEN I BELIEVE HE READ MY POST WELL ENOUGH. "THOUGH ITS NOT GOOD TO LIE....." I STATED THAT POST WITH, ACKNOWLEDGING I KNEW ITS NOT GOOD TO LIE. BUT THEN IT MADE ME GO THROUGH WITH MY MEAT AND VEGETABLES LIKE "ERU". SOME VEGETABLES TOO ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE US. IN FACT MY BAG WAS NOT EVEN OPENED BY THE CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION OFFICERS BECAUSE I MADE THEM BELIEVE I HAD NOTHING THEY DIDN'T WANT. PLEASE I DIDN'T SAY ANYONE SHOULD DO WHAT I DID, BUT I SAID "IF YOU ARE NOT AS LUCKY AS ME, THEN ......"

I HAVE A COPY OF THE US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION FORM HERE WITH ME, AND YOU'LL BE REQUIRED TO DECLARE THE FOLLOWING
ARTICLE 11 REQUIRES YOU TO DECLARE AS SUCH:"COURTESY THE FORM PLEASE"
11) I AM (WE ARE) BRINGING
A) FRUITS, VEGETABLES, PLANTS, SEEDS, FOOD, INSECTS
B) MEAT, ANIMALS, ANIMAL/ WILDLIFE PRODUCTS
C)DISEASE AGENTS, CELL CULTURES, SNAILS
D) SOIL OR HAVE BEEN ON A FARM/ RANCH/ PASTURE
AND ARTICLE 15 SECTION 2 REQUIRE YOU, AS A NON RESIDENT AT THE MOMENT (VISITOR) TO DECLARE AS SUCH:
15/ 2: THE TOTAL VALUE OF ALL ARTICLES THAT WILL REMAIN IN THE US INCLUDING COMMERCIAL MERCHANDISE IS: $---------

THE POINT IS, IMAGINE YOU ARE BRINGING 35 KILOS OF GARI INTO THE USA, THEY MAY UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE BRINGING IT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE AND AS SUCH WILL REQUIRE YOU TO DECLARE THE VALUE OF IT, AND MAYBE TAX IT BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH IT. THAT'S THE POINT AND I HOPE YOU ALL GET IT, SAME WITH OTHER FOOD ITEMS. EXCEPT MEAT WHICH MOST OFTEN YOU CANT GET IN WITH IT. I SAID MOST OFTEN BECAUSE BY HOOK OR BY CROOK OF WHATEVER YOU'LL TERM IT, I GOT IN WITH MINE, A LARGE QUANTITY OF IT, AND BEHOLD, I HAD GARI AND ERU, WITH MY MEAT FOR LAUNCH THIS AFTERNOON, ALL OF WHICH I BROUGHT FROM HOME.
WISH YOU GUYS THE BEST
LOVE Y'ALL
PHILL

@phill, i cant help but to start laughing over this post all over again. By the way, you haven't been loggin on to yahoo messenger... you got away with alot of things which some other people dare not try, if not, you'll stay and ur time will be wasted unnecessarily... hope you're settling down anyway?

HI PETIT, LETS JUST SAY, LUCK IS ON MY SIDE. I'VE SETTLED DOWN SOMEHOW, BUT I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY SNN (SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER) TO BE ABLE TO START OFF WHILE WAITING FOR MY GREEN CARD. WENT TO CHURCH TODAY AND IT WAS REALLY CHURCH SERVICE I HAD NEVER SEEN BEFORE. I'M ON MESSENGER NOW.
LOVE Y'ALL
PHILL

Hi Guys,

I just lost my mother today, She was 65 yrs old.

AWWW joequi, SORRY ABOUT YOUR MOTHER OK, YOU LOVE HER I NOW, BUT GOD LOVES AND NEEDS HER MORE NOW. ON BEHALF OF THE ENTIRE HOUSE, ACCEPT OUR HEARTFELT CONDOLENCE.
WE LOVE YOU
PHILL 4 THE HOUSE

AWWW joequi, SORRY ABOUT YOUR MOTHER OK, YOU LOVE HER I NOW, BUT GOD LOVES AND NEEDS HER MORE NOW. ON BEHALF OF THE ENTIRE HOUSE, ACCEPT OUR HEARTFELT CONDOLENCE.
WE LOVE YOU
PHILL 4 THE HOUSE

Thanks so much Phill

I'm wishing all those who are going to be current for December best of lucky and may almighty God grant them victory. Amen..... we need more cheering up. Give us more info about your arrival PHILL.

How is everyone doing, izi, bammy, petit, phill ..hope your week went great...

Congrats freedom on successful interview, were you on F-1 visa before and did leave the states right after graduation or you waited till weeks before your interview before returning to Nigeria? Any advice for f-1 students going back home for cp.... I dont know anyone from Nigeria that lived in the US prior to being selected for dv lottery that chose to do cp, everyone else did AOS. I am so happy your interview went well, it gives me a little more peace that all will be well. please pm me or reply me on here which ever is more comfortable for you.

Hi smalllacrimose, thanks for checking on me. I'm doing great as usual but it's been a busy period for me. All the best sister.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

So sooo sorry Joequi. May her soul rest in the bosom of God and I pray that God who understands the depth of your loss, pain and profound sadness will comfort you and your family, in Jesus name, amen.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

joequi, sorry about the death of your mother. Accept my sympathy. May her soul rest in the bosom of the lord. May God grant you the fortitude to bear your loss.

@phill, jus cant stop laffin abt ur flight experience, i really appreciate d way u take ur time to narrate ur experiences, Good 1.
@joequi, really sorry abt ur mum, jus hav it at heart dat she's happy wherever she is.
@Petit, yeah Preparin and revising real hard. Hav u collected ur VISA?.
@house, how R u all. Hope y'all doin Good.

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. After my interview, i just typed out everything i could remember into my phone so i wont forget when i come here to relay my experience...haha

after submitting my appointment letter at the security check point, they gave me a brown card with a number on it. Just like everyone that has posted their experience before me, i went through security, paid my visa fee, collected the receipt and entered the embassy to wait.

When it was my turn to be interviewed I already knew they were about to call me because my university certificate is huge!!! I could see two of the COs staring at it from my chair so i was laughing when i reached window 11 (the man).

CO: you knew i was going to call you when you saw this didn't you? (referring to my certificate)
ME: (laughing) yes i saw it
CO: raise your right hand. do you promise to tell the truth today?
ME: Yes, i do
CO: what's your name?
CO: what's your date of birth?
CO: what's your highest degree?
ps: he asked these questions VERY quickly. i think the idea is that if you're lying you might not be able to answer these questions as quickly as someone who is telling the truth. so don't panic if they breeze through the first few questions.
CO: you graduated from *** right?
CO: what did you study?
CO: did you have to take any accounting classes?
ME: Yes...i only had to take two
CO: what is a balance sheet
CO: what is a statement of cash flows
CO: what do you do now?
CO: what are you planning to do when you return to the states?
CO: who applied for the lottery on your behalf
CO: You were in the US when you applied
ME: yes i was bla bla bla
CO: you are very lucky
ME: i know (laughing)
CO: so you came back just for this? oh never mind. you've been around for a while
ME: *smile*

he went and came back with an orange pick up letter
ME: thank you very much
CO: you're the one with the good luck...you should wish me luck
ME: well, good luck then...lol

c'est fini

Freedom, I dont know wether to call you James Bond 007.
Anyways my brotther congratulations and may the good Lord continue to smile on you as we tap into your annointing.
Well done and best of luck

Hi Guys,

Hi joequi
Am so sorry about ur mom. U have to realise that from him we came and to him we shall return.Take heart my brother she is in a better place.May her soul rest in peace