• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Good People of the house, I just got to know from KCC that my interview will be in the 2nd week of January. I have some questions which I will need answers to
1. Is it ok to start medical with my wife or Is it too early?
2. Must I stay with the Person that will fill my AOS form?
3. If I have to start medicals, do I need any paper from the embassy since my 2NL is not yet around?
4. What is the full address of Karamoras Hospital, I do not stay in Lagos
Counting on your usual support
CN: 2010AF00002xxx
NL dated: 20th of March 2009
NL received: 8th July 2009
Returned forms: 15th July 2009
Confirmed delivery: 17th Sept 2009
2nd NL received: Still waiting
Started medicals: Still waiting
Visa interview: Still waiting

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. After my interview, i just typed out everything i could remember into my phone so i wont forget when i come here to relay my experience...haha

after submitting my appointment letter at the security check point, they gave me a brown card with a number on it. Just like everyone that has posted their experience before me, i went through security, paid my visa fee, collected the receipt and entered the embassy to wait.

When it was my turn to be interviewed I already knew they were about to call me because my university certificate is huge!!! I could see two of the COs staring at it from my chair so i was laughing when i reached window 11 (the man).

CO: you knew i was going to call you when you saw this didn't you? (referring to my certificate)
ME: (laughing) yes i saw it
CO: raise your right hand. do you promise to tell the truth today?
ME: Yes, i do
CO: what's your name?
CO: what's your date of birth?
CO: what's your highest degree?
ps: he asked these questions VERY quickly. i think the idea is that if you're lying you might not be able to answer these questions as quickly as someone who is telling the truth. so don't panic if they breeze through the first few questions.
CO: you graduated from *** right?
CO: what did you study?
CO: did you have to take any accounting classes?
ME: Yes...i only had to take two
CO: what is a balance sheet
CO: what is a statement of cash flows
CO: what do you do now?
CO: what are you planning to do when you return to the states?
CO: who applied for the lottery on your behalf
CO: You were in the US when you applied
ME: yes i was bla bla bla
CO: you are very lucky
ME: i know (laughing)
CO: so you came back just for this? oh never mind. you've been around for a while
ME: *smile*

he went and came back with an orange pick up letter
ME: thank you very much
CO: you're the one with the good luck...you should wish me luck
ME: well, good luck then...lol

c'est fini

Lease what are CP and AOS.I gleaned it is when you are in the US temporarily and got selected. Please throw more light. I have not been selected oh, so my profile is still empty. We got info from here to enrich and help folks who were selected and don't know here or much about the use of computer, internet and this forum. Any idea on how my what my profile should contain? All house members and waiting!

EYE OPENER 2
Hello everyone it's me again concerning the above subject matter,firstly my condolence to the forumite that has just recently lost a dear mum,my prayer is with you at this time may God make his face to shine on you,it is well. Now to the other issue,i will like to say to everyone that is fortunate to be on this forum that if you diligently applied all information shared on this forum with the grace of God your success is guaranteed, trust me because recently we have been having a lot of testimonies and you are next in line!. Phil my brother God bless you,please try and use this break period as you acclamatise to your new enviroment to go over your plan,hold on to the one that is working and let go of the one that won't work,look around for a library get information,learn the bus routes if you do not drive if you do try and see if you can start some driving lesson,be prepared cos as soon as your greencard and SSN comes through it is welcome to the life of busyness 24'7,be prepared.To my dear brothers and sisters who are already successful in their interviews and are yet to purchase their tickets,believe that He that Has begin a good work in you will perfect it,He will meet you at the point of your need,as a matter of fact that's just by the way you will find the money,Insha Allah, In Jesus Mighty name, Amen. Please when you finally get over to the states do not rely too much on your host as they might let you down.The fact is that you will be coming to America with something that took some of them years to get,it will only take somebody with the grace of God to recognise that it is the Lord's doing and that it has got nothing to do with us.Be strong and go and do exploit.If you are just joining us for the first time welcome you are in the right place.Stay bless.

Good People of the house, I just got to know from KCC that my interview will be in the 2nd week of January. I have some questions which I will need answers to
1. Is it ok to start medical with my wife or Is it too early?
2. Must I stay with the Person that will fill my AOS form?
3. If I have to start medicals, do I need any paper from the embassy since my 2NL is not yet around?

Rumuky,
Here are some solution to ur querry
Print the email KCC sent u telling u the date of your interview and use that to go to Karamoras Hospital. so of u have this u could start, OK?

Your sponsor's AOS is required; for that is the person they will determine if he can accommodate u and ur family.

Karamoras hospital is in VI, off Adiogun Ajose Street.
Thanks

Rumuky,
Here are some solution to ur querry
Print the email KCC sent u telling u the date of your interview and use that to go to Karamoras Hospital. so of u have this u could start, OK?

Your sponsor's AOS is required; for that is the person they will determine if he can accommodate u and ur family.

Karamoras hospital is in VI, off Adiogun Ajose Street.
Thanks

Kamorass clinic is at Muri Okunola, Victoria Island.

@phill, jus cant stop laffin abt ur flight experience, i really appreciate d way u take ur time to narrate ur experiences, Good 1.
@joequi, really sorry abt ur mum, jus hav it at heart dat she's happy wherever she is.
@Petit, yeah Preparin and revising real hard. Hav u collected ur VISA?.
@house, how R u all. Hope y'all doin Good.

@danje... i picked up my visa last wednesday..

EYE OPENER 2
Hello everyone it's me again concerning the above subject matter,firstly my condolence to the forumite that has just recently lost a dear mum,my prayer is with you at this time may God make his face to shine on you,it is well. Now to the other issue,i will like to say to everyone that is fortunate to be on this forum that if you diligently applied all information shared on this forum with the grace of God your success is guaranteed, trust me because recently we have been having a lot of testimonies and you are next in line!. Phil my brother God bless you,please try and use this break period as you acclamatise to your new enviroment to go over your plan,hold on to the one that is working and let go of the one that won't work,look around for a library get information,learn the bus routes if you do not drive if you do try and see if you can start some driving lesson,be prepared cos as soon as your greencard and SSN comes through it is welcome to the life of busyness 24'7,be prepared.To my dear brothers and sisters who are already successful in their interviews and are yet to purchase their tickets,believe that He that Has begin a good work in you will perfect it,He will meet you at the point of your need,as a matter of fact that's just by the way you will find the money,Insha Allah, In Jesus Mighty name, Amen. Please when you finally get over to the states do not rely too much on your host as they might let you down.The fact is that you will be coming to America with something that took some of them years to get,it will only take somebody with the grace of God to recognise that it is the Lord's doing and that it has got nothing to do with us.Be strong and go and do exploit.If you are just joining us for the first time welcome you are in the right place.Stay bless.

@ DOTMAN, ur post is informative... keep it up

Freedom, I dont know wether to call you James Bond 007.
Anyways my brotther congratulations and may the good Lord continue to smile on you as we tap into your annointing.
Well done and best of luck

@phluck2, Long time no see my brother, how u dey?

Lease what are CP and AOS.I gleaned it is when you are in the US temporarily and got selected. Please throw more light. I have not been selected oh, so my profile is still empty. We got info from here to enrich and help folks who were selected and don't know here or much about the use of computer, internet and this forum. Any idea on how my what my profile should contain? All house members and waiting!

CP is Consular Processing
AOS is Adjustment of Status

As you already know, adjustment of status are for Non immigrants who are in the United states and have won the lottery, while CP is for foreigners who aint in the states, meanwhile, some people abroad also come home to their countries for the CP.

If u read through the other threads, you'll get more experiences from there...

Cheers and goodluck

Hello all and congrats to all in advance!, pls I have this question for the house, are questions asked based on once highest degree or once WAEC / SSCE.

Thanks!

Good People of the house, I just got to know from KCC that my interview will be in the 2nd week of January. I have some questions which I will need answers to...

Kamorass clinic - 238A Muri Okunola, Victoria Island, Lagos. You might want to go along with 2 passport photos and your international passport.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

EYE OPENER 2

dotman, indeed u are bck.

Hello all and congrats to all in advance!, pls I have this question for the house, are questions asked based on once highest degree or once WAEC / SSCE.

Thanks!

questions could be asked from both based on the discretion of the CO.so prepare to defend both.

Thanks Petit, Navigator and Crownedvictory for your answers.I really appreciate this house.

still waiting in good faith

hello every one.how is everyone in the house.
@joequi pls accept my condolence on ur mums case i pray dat God will give u the grace to and poewr to bear the loss.
to the house i am still waiting for my 2NL. but pending that time,myself and my spouse have started reharsals seriously. thans y'all for ur important info.;)

can any give me tips on interview questions for a married couples

hello everyone.
happy new month 2 u all.please can anyone give me an idea of the likely questions for a couple.