• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

@ tonell, chck d above info about form i-134 (AOS).
If d host have stand 4 two families dis year, pls try and look 4 another person but if u can't get go wit it. Embassy don't discard any info away no matter how small or in-relevant it is. so be rest a sure dat they have it even if it is 10yrs.
sometimes they may ask 4 it. 4 married winners d chances of asking 4 AOS is 50/50 but 4 single is 99.9% not asking/0.01%.

will the discrepancy not be a problem? we already filled her as the sponsor on the DVForms and we'll go wit an AOS indicating another person...just wondering...

@PETIT
It ïs you who bless the upright,Lord,you surround them with favour as with a shield"PS 5:12

The favour of the lord has come upon you.May it remain with you forever.You are yet to see God's blessings for surely the Lord has greater surprises for you in the states.Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the interviews i have read lately,they seem to concentrate more on SSCE.In my NECO, i made like 6 aphas including the sciences with just 2cs and going also with my transcripts as a prove of my B.A really makes my heart beat because i have lost touch with most of the contents especially in the sciences.i have already made up my mind to prepare for it like jamb.i really want to thank guys for the exposure because if it wasnt for the forum most guys would have been taken aback in the interviews as contributions really helped them to prepare for the interviews.Thanks guys for i now know i have to prepare for this thing also with the help of God.

Gasper2000, i remmember vividly that when we all got the notification the numbers in the range of 13000 and above looks unatenable but as the good Lord will have it am sure by his grace you will be current when the next bulletin is release by now am sure you must have got everything in order,the very best of luck to you. Cheers.:D:D:D

my broda it is the work of the lord and a marvel in our eyes that the bulletin is taking such a pace.I really pray the lord does it for me in February;everytin is set just the police and medical and the bulletin will determine the time.I pray yours comes soon aswell.

@PETIT
It ïs you who bless the upright,Lord,you surround them with favour as with a shield"PS 5:12

The favour of the lord has come upon you.May it remain with you forever.You are yet to see God's blessings for surely the Lord has greater surprises for you in the states.Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the interviews i have read lately,they seem to concentrate more on SSCE.In my NECO, i made like 6 aphas including the sciences with just 2cs and going also with my transcripts as a prove of my B.A really makes my heart beat because i have lost touch with most of the contents especially in the sciences.i have already made up my mind to prepare for it like jamb.i really want to thank guys for the exposure because if it wasnt for the forum most guys would have been taken aback in the interviews as contributions really helped them to prepare for the interviews.Thanks guys for i now know i have to prepare for this thing also with the help of God.

Thank you very much, you will be favored as I was also favored today. What I noticed is that if you are really the type that made As in your o levels, you will defend that result. Some people didn't get so much questions on their o'levels, other questions were diverted to other parts of their case.. Hope u grab what am trying to say? The better you result, the more u defend it..but just simple questions though.

Welcome on board!!! just get ur AOS, whether your wife's staying or not, get it read incase they ask. Then go with all the family pictures and if you've got kids, go along with it. A couple was placed on administrative processing because they couldnt provide pictures.
Goodluck

thanks alot petit, i have started processing my AOS,but i have another issue bothering me,I and wife were courting for only one and a half years and im just realising we didnt really hav pictures back then, maybe one or two cos we were nt really the picture kind of people, the only pix i think i have is the court wedding and my nikkaih wedding pictures
do u think that should be sufficient enough?

thanks alot petit, i have started processing my AOS,but i have another issue bothering me,I and wife were courting for only one and a half years and im just realising we didnt really hav pictures back then, maybe one or two cos we were nt really the picture kind of people, the only pix i think i have is the court wedding and my nikkaih wedding pictures
do u think that should be sufficient enough?

Just go with all the pictures you have.. you should be fine, but going with none is what is a no no

God really showed me great favor today, All the glory I give to Him alone, if not, I wouldn't have gone this far. Thank you to all the members of the forum, the older members who set the pace for starters like me. A very big thank you to Paulash who motivates me alot, Phluck, SenatorKC, Bammyrichie,Danje,joequi,matee, i salute you all and every other members of the house..

I got to the embassy this morning at exactly 6am. At 6.45am we were asked to line up. DV applicants had a different line from other applicants. We were checked into the waiting room while I got tally number 9. After, we proceeded to another checkpoint where we were checked in for the 2nd time, before we were finally ushered to the embassy building. I was told to pay at the last counter. I paid N124,000 and proceeded into the main hall where the interview was held. I was called to counter 10 to submit all my original documents, international passports, 3 passport photographs, medical reports and immunization records, then we were all seated.

At 10:20am, i was called to window 10.. Here are the details
I swore to tell the truth after that did my thumb prints.
CO: What's your name?
ME: Told her
CO: How old her you?
ME: Answered
CO: Where were you born?
ME: Mentioned it
CO: I see you had a misunderstanding when filling the DS230 forms and you emailed KCC
ME: Yes I did.
CO: Whose name did you fill in there as your daughter
ME: My younger sister's name, I misunderstood the question to be the names of other children of my parents.
CO: Okay, that's already been corrected. What's your highest level of education?
ME: I told her.
CO: How many subjects did you take in your o levels?
ME: 8
CO: When did you write NECO
ME:i told her the month and yr
CO: How many subjects did u pass
ME: All
CO: I shouldn't be asking because I can see it here ,You had the best grades in Geography and English. How many continents do we have in the world and can you name them?
ME: 7 and named them
CO: How many oceans do we have in the world?
ME: I was naming them like.. Pacific, Indian, arctic , Atlantic oceans, then i said 4.. after counting them with my fingers lol
CO: Great, can you name some rivers in Nigeria
ME: River Niger, Benue, osun..
CO: Very good, so what's a preposition?
ME: I didnt remember, but I just went ahead to give examples, i said prepositions are words like by, in, at...
CO: In this sentence, indicate the adverb ''the boy ran quickly''
ME: quickly
CO: Are you single and do you have kids?
ME: Yes I am single, never married and No i don't have kids.
CO: Your matric number
ME: :):eek::)...
CO: What's your relationship with your host?
ME: bla bla bla
CO: When did they move to USA?
CO: What do you intend to do when you get to USA?
ME: bla bla bla...:)

She started typing something on her computer, and she excused herself for a minute and came back after the next minute and told me she is convinced that am qualified for the DV immigrant visa, I smiled. She congratulated me and welcomed me to USA and handed me the yellow letter for visa pickup.

To all those waiting to go for their interview, God will show himself merciful, but you have to really build up courage to look them in the eyes and give answers. Alot of people received visas today, the few ones that were refused while i was there didn't perform as such, like they werent speaking loud, another one was asked what a cell is in biology, because he didnt know, they asked him to define Geography, he didnt know, they denied it. If you lie, they'll be able to tell and will ruin your chances. This forum has contributed to my success immensely.

Congrats to you sister Petit. I've always known you will make it. You've been so wonderfully contributing positively to this forum. I'm so happy that God has rewarded all your efforts. May the good lord grant you all the best in the States. All the best sister.

God really showed me great favor today, All the glory I give to Him alone, if not, I wouldn't have gone this far. Thank you to all the members of the forum, the older members who set the pace for starters like me. A very big thank you to Paulash who motivates me alot, Phluck, SenatorKC, Bammyrichie,Danje,joequi,matee, i salute you all and every other members of the house..

I got to the embassy this morning at exactly 6am. At 6.45am we were asked to line up. DV applicants had a different line from other applicants. We were checked into the waiting room while I got tally number 9. After, we proceeded to another checkpoint where we were checked in for the 2nd time, before we were finally ushered to the embassy building. I was told to pay at the last counter. I paid N124,000 and proceeded into the main hall where the interview was held. I was called to counter 10 to submit all my original documents, international passports, 3 passport photographs, medical reports and immunization records, then we were all seated.

CO: I see you had a misunderstanding when filling the DS230 forms and you emailed KCC
ME: My younger sister's name, I misunderstood the question to be the names of other children of my parents.
CO: Okay, that's already been corrected. What's your highest level of education?
CO: I shouldn't be asking because I can see it here ,You had the best grades in Geography and English. How many continents do we have in the world and can you name them?
ME: I was naming them like.. Pacific, Indian, arctic , Atlantic oceans, then i said 4.. after counting them with my fingers lol
ME: I didnt remember, but I just went ahead to give examples, i said prepositions are words like by, in, at...

She started typing something on her computer, and she excused herself for a minute and came back after the next minute and told me she is convinced that am qualified for the DV immigrant visa, I smiled. She congratulated me and welcomed me to USA and handed me the yellow letter for visa pickup.

To all those waiting to go for their interview, God will show himself merciful, but you have to really build up courage to look them in the eyes and give answers. Alot of people received visas today, the few ones that were refused while i was there didn't perform as such, like they werent speaking loud, another one was asked what a cell is in biology, because he didnt know, they asked him to define Geography, he didnt know, they denied it. If you lie, they'll be able to tell and will ruin your chances. This forum has contributed to my success immensely.

Petit!!!
Petit!!!
Petit!!!
Congratulations!!!
This is wonderful, beautiful and pleasing to read.
All glory and honour to God who has crowned you in victory. Our Lord is indeed a gracious God!!! May his grace continue to abide with you as you set off to "God's own country", amen.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

Congrats to you sister Petit. I've always known you will make it. You've been so wonderfully contributing positively to this forum. I'm so happy that God has rewarded all your efforts. May the good lord grant you all the best in the States. All the best sister.

Thank you IZI, I am glad you guys counted on me, May God bless you all bountifully!

Petit!!!
Petit!!!
Petit!!!
Congratulations!!!
This is wonderful, beautiful and pleasing to read.
All glory and honour to God who has crowned you in victory. Our Lord is indeed a gracious God!!! May his grace continue to abide with you as you set off to "God's own country", amen.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

:D:D:D.. Thankkkkkkkkk u! You are right, All Glory be to God!!! He's so merciful. Thank you once again, May we all rejoice with you too.

I cant be so busy not to send a warm congratulatory message to a worthy member of the house. The journey has been so long and tasking, but we thank God for the victory. We give God all the praises.

Congrats, Petit. I said it and you made it. I am very happy for you gurl and thanks for the courage you've given me. I am looking forward to mine too and I pray almighty God grant me success in my interview too. One love may Lord God be with everyone of us, Amen. I am very happy for you.

Congrats Petit!

kangajulations, i mean crongajulations, my bad congajulations..... English language is not easy man, congrats!!! U can go and rest now it's like when u are offered an admission into a University, the feelings is great, wish u all the best when u eventually relocate to the this 'Third World'

@ petit congraaaaaaaats am so happy for u deserve it. Sorry it is just coming i just saw today. I noticed the consular officer did not ask u about ur degree at all r u still in school or u hav finished. Hope u aint offended.

Hi to the new members of the forum I would advise that u guys read previous threads as most of the questions are already answered there as it wud make it easier for u especially 2007,20080 and 2009 like ppl wud say on this forum just my one cent.

Petit,
Congratulations. I am happy for you. God has rewarded you. I discovered that you-Petit not only visit the forum, you make a lot of contributions.

So welcome to USA.

Once again, congrats.