• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I am just confused about what to do coz the old one has the address I use to leave 2 years ago and I was afraid if the IO will raise question regarding it other than that I would have used the old one. Just went to the license office and they told me it will take 4-5 weeks and till than i have to be using my temporary paper driving license.
And I really did learned the lesson how much it matter to take care of the official docs, and i will keep my eyes open in the future.
But about the tax thing I had no idea about it at all, I just came to know about it from this form other wise I would have atleast been filing my tax.
but again thanks a lot for the heads up.
P.S guys suggest me what to do over the DL deal, keep the old one with the old address or get the paper license with new adress.
My advise is just hang onto the old one.
'cos that's your picture id now, and I do not think the new temp. paper will do any good as state pic id.

Also just forget about 8834, if you do I think you need to use 1040X too with explanations.

At least, I hope you learned a good lesson with this process on how to take care of 'official' docs in the future.
especially when you get the GC (yes , you will !!) pl take good 'care' of it, if you know what I mean.
If not 5 yrs down the line you will think what hit your head !!

Best !

P.S guys suggest me what to do over the DL deal, keep the old one with the old address or get the paper license with new adress.

summet,
keep it simple .... bring your old driver's lic and evidence that you have changed your address, ie, the paper copy. don't confuse yourself or worry abt it. that's all to it ... don't think anymore abt this. move on and prepare for the other things you need to do. you are dwelling too much on something very minor. fyi, i have the same issue. i moved and did not receive my updated driver's lic with the new address. but i had the paper copy that i updated dmv with. brought it along with me for the interview. gave my old license and had no problems, even my i485 had my new address.

Whats the deal now? you went there applied for new one and they gave you a paper copy AND your old DL back? ( i think if you apply for new one they take away the old DL)

Then whats the prob? take both. If asked for ID give the old DL, if they raise the address Q give the paper copy.

If you have still NOT done it, just take the old DL. If asked tell them you have moved and is about to change it, but kept the old one 'cos of the time delay.
Take your school registration, utility bill or something that shows your current address.
Its not worth worry about this too much now.

Best!

I am just confused about what to do coz the old one has the address I use to leave 2 years ago and I was afraid if the IO will raise question regarding it other than that I would have used the old one. Just went to the license office and they told me it will take 4-5 weeks and till than i have to be using my temporary paper driving license.
And I really did learned the lesson how much it matter to take care of the official docs, and i will keep my eyes open in the future.
But about the tax thing I had no idea about it at all, I just came to know about it from this form other wise I would have atleast been filing my tax.

Hi Summet,

I also sent my ID copy,
but when I was asked for ID I gave my passport.
That's was enough.
If they ask you for ID gave state ID, or old DL.
And as leongsce said I think they will not mind.
You will be fine.

Hi sogdian,

I am glad to hear that "finally"
you have received your card.

Yours was a long journey.
"The longest" this fiscal year.
Your card must be very "heavy"
considering how long it has taken
for you to get it.

I wish and pray that the green card
you got serves you the best in this
country. Enjoy it, brother...

Status updated

Hey guys,
I have stopped thinking about my Driving license deal and the tax papers, I am not gonna worry about it any more, I dont want it to make a big deal out of it making it like out past issur ( rubber band issue). All i am gonna do is go to the DL office tell them I lost my DL and get the paper copy, coz if i go to change the address they will take my plastic ID. so that way I will have both of them during my interview. and there is something I have to be happy about, I finally found a guy to be my sponsor, the same guy who was going to give me the job offer letter, He is 75% sure that he is gonna write me the sponsor letter but when I talked to him about his tax document and other stuff, he told me that he is gonna answer me in few days, I am pumped about it and I am hopeful that things gonna work out. Besides that, I wont be posting more of my misery here coz I know its not worth confusing and complicating the case.
to all the ppl here helping me here, thnx a lot again, desperately waiting for 2:00pm of august 25th.

Hi Summet,

Immigration officer who will conduct
the interview has a right to insist on
I-134 if you do not have enough annual
income. So, try to find a sponsor until
the last day. Do your best, you might
end up finding somebody. Ask around...

I do agree coz I saw some members asked for it, so I am still trying my best to get the I-134, about the driving license, I might be able to get it on monday ( a paper license with change in address) because I am going to trick them with the letter the college gave me 3 months ago for my AOS as to whom it may concern, so I am gonna show them the same letter coz it says I am enrolled for summer. And about he TAx 8843, it has been a lot of hassel than I thought, both the location I went to gave me the negative answers, all they said was they are not trained to handle 8843 and asked me to call the number when called, he was rather confused and just read some lines from the web page that I have already gone through 10 times, so I will leave the hassel for 8843 from today. Will focus more on my Driving license with new address and I-134.
and guys again thax a lot for your replies and support. I really do appreciate that.
P.S- I just want to be prepared for anything such that I wont be turned down.

Hi Summet,

It might be better to have another picture ID
other than your passport. (your passport has
to be valid) You can have some utility bills with
you with the new address. Just make sure not
to "stretch the truth" They do not like the people
who do it...

Guys,
Once i change my address in the license, they will give me the paper license and it will take 4 weeks before I get the real card, taking that as my State ID wont be a problem right? Because, I am confused now, either to use the old DL with my old address or get the new address on the DL, which will bound me to use the paper license with the new address. which one you guys think is the better option. During my AOS I send them the copy of my license with the old address.
P.S- my old address is the address i use to live 2 years ago.

Hi Summet,

Dallas has been "one of the best" so far this year.
So, in that sense you should "chill out"...

people are telling me that Dallas is one of the easy FO, I am hopeful to say the same thing about it after my interview.
by the way where is the party at??

Thanks a lot capeolive,
I am working on all your suggestion, I will have all the documents ready by this wednesday except the tax document and I might be able to get the I-134. Besides I am taking my official transcripts from all the colleges in case. and After this week, I will stop thinking about it. I will just have all the documents handy and stay calm.
Hi Summet,

Dallas has been "one of the best" so far this year.
So, in that sense you should "chill out"...

Hi Summet,

Keep the old one as an ID, have some proof of
your new address. Always speak the truth. And
do not worry much...

Hi winnerdv11,

How many lawyers have you consulted?
Have you asked the lawyer that I was
talking about. At least consult three lawyers.

Just give us more details. Have you just consulted
one lawyer and he/she has told you this or you have
consulted several lawyers and only one of them has
told you that you are not eligible?

I was told by one of the lawyers that if I have been out of status in F-1 in the past then I won't be able to do DV AOS, even though I am in status now (F-1). Is it true?

I am being extremely restless since I read the response from that Lawyer. Help me please. CP is not my option.
I was thinking this whole time that my past out of status won't hurt me since I am in status now. And also I did not see anywhere in the USCIS website that says past "out of status makes someone ineligible for DV AOS".

Thank you all.