• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thanks Wuon-ji and Capeolive,
So, far I have all the F-1 related documents proving my legal stay in united states and I haven't been involved in anything illegal here so that should be good enough to show my legal stay. Besides that I am going back to the driving license office tomorrow with the enrollment letter for summer that I got about a month ago, hope that is gonna do the trick, I can even use the EAD card that I got with my declined AOS application but I dont want to use it, besides that I am going to the tax office to get information about the international student tax form 8843 and to get the transcripts from my prior university.I hope that should be it. and I will update you guys tomorrow about my improvement.
@capeolive- I dont know if the owner is going to give me his tax return document. All I can ask from him is a job offer letter offering me $21000 a yr.

guys what's gonna be the answer for this section.
During 2009, did you apply for, or take other affirmative steps to apply for, lawful permanent resident
status in the United States or have an application pending to change your status to that of a lawful
permanent resident of the United States?
( I did all the process but AOS before 2009, only on 2009 I applied for I485)

Hi Summet,

Just do what you can. At the end of the day
you may or may not need some of the documents.

But it is better to be over-prepared than under-prepared...

Thanks Wuon-ji and Capeolive,
So, far I have all the F-1 related documents proving my legal stay in united states and I haven't been involved in anything illegal here so that should be good enough to show my legal stay. Besides that I am going back to the driving license office tomorrow with the enrollment letter for summer that I got about a month ago, hope that is gonna do the trick, I can even use the EAD card that I got with my declined AOS application but I dont want to use it, besides that I am going to the tax office to get information about the international student tax form 8843 and to get the transcripts from my prior university.I hope that should be it. and I will update you guys tomorrow about my improvement.
@capeolive- I dont know if the owner is going to give me his tax return document. All I can ask from him is a job offer letter offering me $21000 a yr.

Hi Summet,

I take it the answer has to be no.
Because according to your signature
you sent in your AOS application in
January 2010. So, it should be no for 2009...

guys what's gonna be the answer for this section.
During 2009, did you apply for, or take other affirmative steps to apply for, lawful permanent resident
status in the United States or have an application pending to change your status to that of a lawful
permanent resident of the United States?
( I did all the process but AOS before 2009, only on 2009 I applied for I485)

Summet,
I will stil reiterate that you are currently on F1 Visa, hence you demenstrated through your stay in the University that you are not a burden to the nation. Please do not ask for documents that might appear questionable. Stick to what your current visa dictates. Too much documents that are questionable will only invoke more questions.

Thanks

Hi Summet,

I take it the answer has to be no.
Because according to your signature
you sent in your AOS application in
January 2010. So, it should be no for 2009...

Summet,
I will stil reiterate that you are currently on F1 Visa, hence you demenstrated through your stay in the University that you are not a burden to the nation.........

It is a 'different' ball game when it comes to i-485 application/adjudication !!

Summet SHOULD be prepared to fulfill i 864P guidelines with a job offer, cash in bank, i-134 etc.
Sure, it is NOT an absolute requirement per law for DV (as against an FB i-485 where i-864 is an absolute reqmt, or for EB where i 140 is)
Its a different Q whether the IO ask for it, 'cos he/she is going to take the 'totality of the case' into consideration. (like his increased/improved ability to get a job if the GC is given etc.)
But his current 'situation' may warrant him to show cause for i-864P guidelines.
Ah yes, he can go without any evidence for it and he will be just fine, or worry about it later if asked for it.
Its just a matter of chance, if he is willing to face the odds !

Best !

I do agree coz I saw some members asked for it, so I am still trying my best to get the I-134, about the driving license, I might be able to get it on monday ( a paper license with change in address) because I am going to trick them with the letter the college gave me 3 months ago for my AOS as to whom it may concern, so I am gonna show them the same letter coz it says I am enrolled for summer. And about he TAx 8843, it has been a lot of hassel than I thought, both the location I went to gave me the negative answers, all they said was they are not trained to handle 8843 and asked me to call the number when called, he was rather confused and just read some lines from the web page that I have already gone through 10 times, so I will leave the hassel for 8843 from today. Will focus more on my Driving license with new address and I-134.
and guys again thax a lot for your replies and support. I really do appreciate that.
P.S- I just want to be prepared for anything such that I wont be turned down.
It is a 'different' ball game when it comes to i-485 application/adjudication !!

Summet SHOULD be prepared to fulfill i 864P guidelines with a job offer, cash in bank, i-134 etc.
Sure, it is NOT an absolute requirement per law for DV (as against an FB i-485 where i-864 is an absolute reqmt, or for EB where i 140 is)
Its a different Q whether the IO ask for it, 'cos he/she is going to take the 'totality of the case' into consideration. (like his increased/improved ability to get a job if the GC is given etc.)
But his current 'situation' may warrant him to show cause for i-864P guidelines.
Ah yes, he can go without any evidence for it and he will be just fine, or worry about it later if asked for it.
Its just a matter of chance, if he is willing to face the odds !

Best !

Guys,
I dont think I will be able to get the I-134, I am just hoping a guy write me a job offer letter for his pizza place. Can you guys tell me what the annual income supposed to be around and do I just need any extra document from him or just a job offer letter on the letter head.

Getting a job offer letter would be a good idea. Try to get a letter from your father explaining that he is sponsoring you for studies. I don't know whether it will give any advantage, but in case you don't find a sponsor at least it will give evidence for what you are going to tell the IO. Just my thoughts. Any document/explanation should be provided only if you are asked to. Don't give up the search for a sponsor and other documents. At the same time don't get too stressed. Try to face the interview with what you have. You will get your GC without any problem. Good Luck!

new one,
thanks so much! great feeling to join the 'green' club!

update to my online status has changed to :
* card/document production

woo hoo! hope to receive the cards soon!

zuno,
i think we are blessed that our los angeles office is so efficient. i believe they are definitely giving the dv cases top priority.

Congrats leongsce!!!

Thnx for your reply chooti, but i dont think that its gonna be any good with my dad's sponsor letter because, my I-20 it self shows that I am been sponsored for my studies and stay for the whole amount shown in the I-20. Besides that I am asking the guy to give me a sponsor letter instead of the job offer letter coz I don't think he is gonna give me the tax returns for the store. but at the end, I will be satisfied with whatever I will have coz its better to have something than nothing.
and I know god is been looking after me, I have been through so many problems in this process so the interview will hopefully be the easy one.
Getting a job offer letter would be a good idea. Try to get a letter from your father explaining that he is sponsoring you for studies. I don't know whether it will give any advantage, but in case you don't find a sponsor at least it will give evidence for what you are going to tell the IO. Just my thoughts. Any document/explanation should be provided only if you are asked to. Don't give up the search for a sponsor and other documents. At the same time don't get too stressed. Try to face the interview with what you have. You will get your GC without any problem. Good Luck!

Thnx for your reply chooti, but i dont think that its gonna be any good with my dad's sponsor letter because, my I-20 it self shows that I am been sponsored for my studies and stay for the whole amount shown in the I-20. Besides that I am asking the guy to give me a sponsor letter instead of the job offer letter coz I don't think he is gonna give me the tax returns for the store. but at the end, I will be satisfied with whatever I will have coz its better to have something than nothing.
and I know god is been looking after me, I have been through so many problems in this process so the interview will hopefully be the easy one.

Yes, it's always better to have something than nothing...I hope you will have an easy interview. Good Luck!

people are telling me that Dallas is one of the easy FO, I am hopeful to say the same thing about it after my interview.
by the way where is the party at??
Yes, it's always better to have something than nothing...I hope you will have an easy interview. Good Luck!

Guys,
Once i change my address in the license, they will give me the paper license and it will take 4 weeks before I get the real card, taking that as my State ID wont be a problem right? Because, I am confused now, either to use the old DL with my old address or get the new address on the DL, which will bound me to use the paper license with the new address. which one you guys think is the better option. During my AOS I send them the copy of my license with the old address.
P.S- my old address is the address i use to live 2 years ago.

Guys,
Once i change my address in the license, they will give me the paper license and it will take 4 weeks before I get the real card, taking that as my State ID wont be a problem right? Because, I am confused now, either to use the old DL with my old address or get the new address on the DL, which will bound me to use the paper license with the new address. which one you guys think is the better option. During my AOS I send them the copy of my license with the old address.
P.S- my old address is the address i use to live 2 years ago.

My advise is just hang onto the old one.
'cos that's your picture id now, and I do not think the new temp. paper will do any good as state pic id.

Also just forget about 8834, if you do I think you need to use 1040X too with explanations.

At least, I hope you learned a good lesson with this process on how to take care of 'official' docs in the future.
especially when you get the GC (yes , you will !!) pl take good 'care' of it, if you know what I mean.
If not 5 yrs down the line you will think what hit your head !!

Best !