• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Me likey 59 better then 60 :)

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Hi lisa6,

Depending on your field office, usually within 59 days.
( I lowered it 1 day to make it look less)

You shouldn't be worrying at all you are one of
those "lucky ones" who only got a 3 digit number.

Just, don't forget to wait until October 1 to send in
your application to Chicago. There is no "early filing"
for you guys. You have my best...

Hi All,

I have been following the trend of 2010 DV winners in this forum. I must say this forum is the best. Very helpful!!!

I had my interview on 8/6/2010 and the good news is my application was APPROVED same day. Now, I have to wait for the green card to arrive in the mail in the coming days.

The time for the interview was slated for 9:00 AM but I got there around 8:00 AM. The IO called me in at 8:30 and the whole process was smooth and painless. The entire interview lasted for just 12 minutes and I left the office at 9:00AM with a temporary letter saying my application has been GRANTED. The rest of the time was used by the IO to update my file in their system. Most of questions she asked were taken from the I-485 form.

Just a background information: my biometrics was conducted on 7/29/2010 and I got a call from the IO on 8/2/2010. Her message was, she wanted to bring me in for an interview since she has finished reviewing my application. I couldn't believe the message but the phone call was followed with a message via e-mail. She wanted to schedule me for 8/4/2010 but I asked to be interviewed on 8/6/2010. I just was lucky to get that wonderful call that morning.

I just want to wish all those having their interview soon all the very best. Those yet to receive their letters, just believe the letter is on its way. It was a wonderful experience for me and I hope some of you have great stories to tell at the end of this journey.

Littlejohn

AF61XXX- FO (Boston)
Current in August
6/21/2010 Mailed AOS application to Chicago Lockbox
6/22/2010 Mailed AOS application to Chicago Lockbox received @ 9:13AM
6/28/2010 Text Messages & E-mail confirmation of receipt of AOS application
6/30/2010 Check cashed by USCIS Chicago Lockbox
7/01/2010 Able to check status of application using the receipt numbers sent via E-mail
7/1/2010 NOA I-797C for I-485 received. Notice dated 6/28/2010
7/6/2010 NOA I-797C for I-765 received. Notice dated 6/28/2010
7/10/2010 Biometrics Notice received for 7/29/2010. Notice dated 7/1/2010
7/22/2010 Case transferred to Boston USCIS Local office by KCC
7/29/2010 Biometrics Done
8/2/2010 Interview Notice received via e-mail. Appointment date: 8/6/2010
8/6/2010 Successful Interview. Given temporary letter showing GC granted.
8/6/2010 LUD on application received via e-mail and text message showing "DECISION"

Hi littlejohn,

congratulations!!! your card is coming soon.
Enjoy your new status!
Best of luck!

Interview experience

We had our interview today. We were called inside by a friendly AO and it took just 10 minutes for the entire process. First we were asked to take oath and asked for the current and previous passports. He just went through our I-485 and G-325A and asked few questions from them. He didn't ask for any other documents. As we expected the KCC file was not there and the AO told everything seems OK but he will have to wait for the KCC file to give a decision. He told it will take couple of weeks to receive the GC and gave the email address to contact him if we don't hear anything from them for more than a month.
Hoping to hear a good news soon. Thanks a lot for all the wishes and i will keep you updated.

Hi chooti,

Congratulations!!!
Very smooth interview!
Your cards are on the way!
Soon you will enjoy your new status!

hi all,
i got approved today! got my welcome and congrats letter stating that as of 8/11/2010 i am a legal perm res of usa! will post my experience later today when i find more time.

Hi leongsce,

that's great!!!
An amazing feeling!
Enjoy your freedom :D

Thanks for your words capeolive, I am so relieved from your reply.
for the Tax thing, I am going back tomorrow again to different location to see if they can help me.
I am still trying to find the sponsor, I havn't quiet yet
And I am atleast trying to get a state ID if I can get it by 2 weeks.

Hi Summet,

If you cannot do anything 8843,
don't worry just try to find a sponsor.
I wasn't asked about my taxes even I had them.
I was asked only about sponsors taxes.
So don't worry just try to find a sponsor,
or at least try to find a job offer.
Good luck!

Thanks for your reply, I am working on finding a sponsor. SO far having no luck. But still working on it. and I did went to the tax office today but hey were very busy so I will try it first thing in the morning tomorrow, hope thats gonna work fine. While I was waiting for the interview, I at least got the official transcript ordered coz I saw some post where the applicants were asked for it. other than that everything is handy. hope the process will go smoothly.
Hi Summet,

If you cannot do anything 8843,
don't worry just try to find a sponsor.
I wasn't asked about my taxes even I had them.
I was asked only about sponsors taxes.
So don't worry just try to find a sponsor,
or at least try to find a job offer.
Good luck!

Update!!!!!!

I'm glad I drove 4 hours today for an infopass appointment!
I did my biomectrics back on june 23rd and since I've been waiting waiting and waiting! Here is what was actually going on:

I was surprised to find out that I missed my interview which was scheduled for july 1st.
The mailed the interview letter to the wrong address and it was returned to them. However, they did not do a thing about it and assumed that I was giving up on my case. As a result the officer told me that they had my case set on "pending on decision" which would have resulted eventually on a denial...
Any ways, the officer went ahead andf made a copy of the letter for me so I can start getting ready with paperwork and initiated a process for rescheduling me for appointment.
I walked out feeling really good and I'm really glad I went because things could have turned out pretty bad.
Congrats to everyone that got their interviews and approvals lately and good luck to those with tough luck like me:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi leongsce,

that's great!!!
An amazing feeling!
Enjoy your freedom :D

new one,
thanks so much! great feeling to join the 'green' club!

update to my online status has changed to :
* card/document production

woo hoo! hope to receive the cards soon!

zuno,
i think we are blessed that our los angeles office is so efficient. i believe they are definitely giving the dv cases top priority.

Hi LeTigreNoire,

I am glad to hear that you found
what was going on in time. I couldn't
quiet get it. Did they schedule you for
another interview. If they did, when?

You have my best...

Update!!!!!!

I'm glad I drove 4 hours today for an infopass appointment!
I did my biomectrics back on june 23rd and since I've been waiting waiting and waiting! Here is what was actually going on:

I was surprised to find out that I missed my interview which was scheduled for july 1st.
The mailed the interview letter to the wrong address and it was returned to them. However, they did not do a thing about it and assumed that I was giving up on my case. As a result the officer told me that they had my case set on "pending on decision" which would have resulted eventually on a denial...
Any ways, the officer went ahead andf made a copy of the letter for me so I can start getting ready with paperwork and initiated a process for rescheduling me for appointment.
I walked out feeling really good and I'm really glad I went because things could have turned out pretty bad.
Congrats to everyone that got their interviews and approvals lately and good luck to those with tough luck like me:)

Hi friends,

Somebody requested a sample cover letter.
So, I am posting it once again. Students should
add documentation about their I-20's, transcripts etc.
Make sure always use the latest addresses and the forms...

------------------------------------

Monday, February 8, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of
Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname -
Diversity Visa Lottery Winner
with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following:
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
9. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 5 visas.
17. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (XXX) 555-5555.
Sincerely yours,

-------------------------------------

I think its all faith, and your are faithed to get the green card. Best of luck. SO far Every body in this forum has been lucky. so we all should be in good shape.
Hi LeTigreNoire,

You have my best...

Thanks Capeolive,

They gave me a copy of the letter that was returned to them. They told me to expect a new appointment letter next week. The Officer did say that the interview date is likely to be the week after next, so I'm waiting once again!

Hi LeTigreNoire,

You have my best...

Summet,
I am a little bit confused about your struggles to get a sponsor. If you are a student in US, then you are automatically sponsored in one way or another. You do not have to worry about this unless you are not in school because you have not been able to support yourself.

Why are you in discussion with IRS about your I-20s. I was here on F! then moved to H1 and all I was asked during the intervew was to show my I-94 and Transcripts. Your transcripts will tramp I-20s.

Regarding the drivers license, when you apply they usually give a yellow slip. This should be sufficient. It shoula slso not take more than 10 working days to get it in the mail.

Please do not complicate this, unless you are out of status- which you are not.

Thanks

Hi capeolive,
I just a interview letter asking me to bring the passport, i94, recent I20, state issued ID, the dv letter and the dv fee receipt. In the next line it says bring the photocopies of all the evidence if you don't want to leave the originals.
About my recent progress making document, its not going good at all, the IRS is asking my Old I20's which I don't have. So it looks complicated to file for form 8843.
About the I-134, I finally got a sponsor, but I came to know that he recently got laid off and don't have enough to be a sponsor and at the same time he is been in jail many times. So, I dont think I will be using him. I will see if i can get anything else between this 2 weeks.
About the driver's licence, at first, If i apply to change the address today, it will take atleast 4-5 weeks to get it on mail so by the time of interview, I wont be having anything other than the paper license, again my universit wont write me any letter to apply for licence coz even if i am an international student and I am enrolled for fall, I cannot get the letter because I am not taking any class for summer 2, so there is no way I can change the address till sept 13 in my driviers license, so I think I will just go with my old driving license and I believe they will only use to verify the identity rather than making the things hard.

Thanks a lot for your reply wuon-ji. I am still in f-1 status and taking classes at the university. My dad oversees has been my sponsor since I got here and he is still my sponsor. I am still in status taking full time class this fall 2010. I went to IRS to file for the form 8843 because I havent filed it since I came here in 2005 and they were asking for some stuffs in I-20 and I didnt have it. But I am going to the different location to know the procedure.
And about the driving license the thing is that now in texas you have to get a letter from the international office saying that you are enrolled in the current semester. But my thing is that I didnt take no summer II class and the international office is telling me that they cannot give me any letter till I start my college from sept.
P.S- Are you sure that If my dad is a sponsor for my studies for all the years I dont need no I-134 for the interview?
Summet,
I am a little bit confused about your struggles to get a sponsor. If you are a student in US, then you are automatically sponsored in one way or another. You do not have to worry about this unless you are not in school because you have not been able to support yourself.

Why are you in discussion with IRS about your I-20s. I was here on F! then moved to H1 and all I was asked during the intervew was to show my I-94 and Transcripts. Your transcripts will tramp I-20s.

Regarding the drivers license, when you apply they usually give a yellow slip. This should be sufficient. It shoula slso not take more than 10 working days to get it in the mail.

Please do not complicate this, unless you are out of status- which you are not.

Thanks

Guys,
I dont think I will be able to get the I-134, I am just hoping a guy write me a job offer letter for his pizza place. Can you guys tell me what the annual income supposed to be around and do I just need any extra document from him or just a job offer letter on the letter head.

Summet,
Yes, you are a sponsored non-immigrant taking classes in the US. You do not loose your ability to support yourself just because you are adjusting status.

Regarding DL- please enroll for fall classes and use that registration slip to apply for DL.

I still believe that you do not need tax related papers because you are here as a student not on a work Visa. You do not need to worry about pizza job or job offers at this point. I can bet that all those folks will focus on is how you have maintained your status here as an F1- which will be verified via your transcripts or I-20s.

If I were you, I could just calm down and focus on F1 related documentation.
Thanks

Guys,
I dont think I will be able to get the I-134, I am just hoping a guy write me a job offer letter for his pizza place. Can you guys tell me what the annual income supposed to be around and do I just need any extra document from him or just a job offer letter on the letter head.

Hi Summet,

Getting a job offer won't hurt and
it might be handy. According to
Federal Poverty Guidelines you
should get at least $14,000 a year.

To me, if possible getting a job offer
of $10 X 40 X 52 = $20,800 annually
would look better. If the owner writes
this job offer on his company's letterhead
and signs it in presence of a notary public,
it would make the offer look more presentable.
Attaching a copy of his recent tax return
would even make it better.

You should do whatever you can until your
interview. Every little bit thing might be helpful.
Do not use anything at the interview unless you
are asked for it or you think you need to.

Being over-prepared won't hurt you at all...

Guys,

Last edited by a moderator: