• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Summet,

What a wonderful day, what a wonderful news.
Congratulations, brother. I should celebrate this.
Since I don't drink, I will post a lawyer joke for
celebration...

-----------------------------

Q: How do you get a group of lawyers to smile for a photo?

A: Just say, "Fees!"

-----------------------------

HI guys got my interview letter for august 25th at 2:00pm ......

Hi leongsce,

Thanks for posting your interview experience.
What a difference "a little human touch" does
to a case file. They should have more of these
immigration officers. You and your family have
my best wishes and prayers. Congratulations....

thks izzy and chooti.

congrats summet ... finally!

my interview experience....
my appt was for 7.15. arrived at 6.30 and had to wait for them to open the building. they only opened up at 7.05. by the time we went thru security and to the 4th floor it was almost 7.15. there was only one other party in there with their lawyer. after we put our appt letters in the tray we waited till 7.50 before the ao came out to call us in - together, although we had different times. it wasn't crowded ... only about another 3 parties came in ... all with lawyers. our ao was a young hispanic lady. she is very pleasant and friendly. brought us to her room and took oath. went thru the 'have you' questions. asked for our passports, id's. checked our birth certs, verified our names, parents' names, dob. then we chatted for a while. infact she talked more to my daughter and about my daughter than the case. she made the whole process seem so casual. we love her! after that was all done. she told us to wait outside because she said that she only got our files this morning and need to go thru the usual security name check again and because my wife had a relative petition submitted 2 years ago, she wanted to make sure that it will not have another alien file. if there were she will have to merge it. she didn't say anything about approval then and we didn't ask. we waited outside for about 20 min. she called us in again. she showed us 3 letters and imagine our surprise when we saw on the first line "congratulations you have been approved" !!! she explained the whole letter to us - about the alien numbers, date of entry, when we will receive the green card, infopass if we don't, etc. after that we thanked her and she wished us the best.

it was overall a very pleasant and easy experience. i thank God for giving her to us as our ao!

zuno,
parking around there is ridiculously expensive. the cheapest and most small lots are $8 per day. i parked at one small lot near union station. a 3 minute walk to the federal building. don't bring camera ... they don't allow that. one guy had to go back to where he parked his car to put his camera away. cell phones with camera is ok. anything else you want to ask me .... pm me. good luck!

CONGRATULATIONS......Summet !! finally got what you waiting for :)

@ leongsce...CONGRATULATION TOO !! and thanks for the parking info, what I just want to ask you...lol
my app time is same as yours, hopefully I got the same Lady as yours :)

thks zuno. yup hope you get the same lady too!

good luck.

CONGRATULATIONS......Summet !! finally got what you waiting for :)

@ leongsce...CONGRATULATION TOO !! and thanks for the parking info, what I just want to ask you...lol
my app time is same as yours, hopefully I got the same Lady as yours :)

thks zuno. yup hope you get the same lady too!

good luck.

Hi lisa6,

Depending on your field office, usually within 59 days.
( I lowered it 1 day to make it look less)

You shouldn't be worrying at all you are one of
those "lucky ones" who only got a 3 digit number.

Just, don't forget to wait until October 1 to send in
your application to Chicago. There is no "early filing"
for you guys. You have my best...

Hi guys,

From your personal experience is your number is current in Oct, when approximatively are you called for an interview?

Thank you

Hi leongsce,

Thanks for posting your interview experience.
What a difference "a little human touch" does
to a case file. They should have more of these
immigration officers. You and your family have
my best wishes and prayers. Congratulations....

thks capeolive ... it has been a arduous journey that lasted one year. it has come to a happy conclusion. i am pleased and am very thankful to God. i am also very thankful to all who have helped with advice and suggestions. i thank the owners of this forum which i think is the best of all immigration online forums.

capeolive ... i pray for you and your family will be reunited before the end of september.

A big thanks to ya all

@ chooti- thanks a lot. I am waiting on the day to get approved.
@Izzy120- thnax a lot. I hope to go great on the interview.
@feel- thanks a lot. ABout the appointment letter it was a single page. Had the date and time of the interview, the name of the officer to look for and for the document to my surprise it just asked me to bring, My passport, I 94, State issued ID, my current I20, letter for DV, and the receipt of DV fees being paid and below that it just said please bring the copy of all the evidences if you dont want to leave the originals.
@ leongsce- thanks and congrats, U have crossed the barrier and I got 2 more weeks for it, hope I will do fine. Were u asked for the sponsor letter or anything like that??
@zuno-thanks a lot, I do know I got what I was waiting for. Look at this coincedence, I was just a day behind y
in everything, however I got my interview letter way after you but than again, my interview date is just a day after yours.
@mechta- thanks a lot, it all came true because of ya all's prayer and good advice.
@Capeolive- I dont even know how to thank you, you have been so so help ful and if i have to name someone to give a credit, you will be first in the list. and do appreciate your joke and advice.

You may or maynot not get your case updated after the NOA for biometrics is issued. Mine was never updated until one week after my green card was approved. The IO I talked to told me that once the case has been moved to the local office, they do not make updates to every step they take.

I had my biometrics appointment today.
Is there any update in case status after biometrics done? if so when can I expect that?

Hi Wuon-ji,

Would you mind sharing your Field Office?
This information would help the future applicants.
Thank you...

Hi capeolive,
I just a interview letter asking me to bring the passport, i94, recent I20, state issued ID, the dv letter and the dv fee receipt. In the next line it says bring the photocopies of all the evidence if you don't want to leave the originals.
About my recent progress making document, its not going good at all, the IRS is asking my Old I20's which I don't have. So it looks complicated to file for form 8843.
About the I-134, I finally got a sponsor, but I came to know that he recently got laid off and don't have enough to be a sponsor and at the same time he is been in jail many times. So, I dont think I will be using him. I will see if i can get anything else between this 2 weeks.
About the driver's licence, at first, If i apply to change the address today, it will take atleast 4-5 weeks to get it on mail so by the time of interview, I wont be having anything other than the paper license, again my universit wont write me any letter to apply for licence coz even if i am an international student and I am enrolled for fall, I cannot get the letter because I am not taking any class for summer 2, so there is no way I can change the address till sept 13 in my driviers license, so I think I will just go with my old driving license and I believe they will only use to verify the identity rather than making the things hard.

Hi Summet,

Under your conditions do what you can.
Leave the rest to God, rely on him...

Worse comes to worst they will provide you
additional time if they insist on something.

But I have a feeling you will have an easy interview...

Hi capeolive,
I just a interview letter asking me to bring the passport, i94, recent I20, state issued ID, the dv letter and the dv fee receipt. In the next line it says bring the photocopies of all the evidence if you don't want to leave the originals.
About my recent progress making document, its not going good at all, the IRS is asking my Old I20's which I don't have. So it looks complicated to file for form 8843.
About the I-134, I finally got a sponsor, but I came to know that he recently got laid off and don't have enough to be a sponsor and at the same time he is been in jail many times. So, I dont think I will be using him. I will see if i can get anything else between this 2 weeks.
About the driver's licence, at first, If i apply to change the address today, it will take atleast 4-5 weeks to get it on mail so by the time of interview, I wont be having anything other than the paper license, again my universit wont write me any letter to apply for licence coz even if i am an international student and I am enrolled for fall, I cannot get the letter because I am not taking any class for summer 2, so there is no way I can change the address till sept 13 in my driviers license, so I think I will just go with my old driving license and I believe they will only use to verify the identity rather than making the things hard.

Thanks for your words capeolive, I am so relieved from your reply.
for the Tax thing, I am going back tomorrow again to different location to see if they can help me.
I am still trying to find the sponsor, I havn't quiet yet
And I am atleast trying to get a state ID if I can get it by 2 weeks.

for the Tax thing, I am going back tomorrow again to different location to see if they can help me.

otherwise all i will take with me is my birth certificate with translation, degree certificates, i20, i94, dv letter and AOS letter, dv fee receipt, passport, license with old address, and the appointment letter.

Last edited by a moderator:

otherwise all i will take with me is my birth certificate with translation, degree certificates, i20, i94, dv letter and AOS letter, dv fee receipt, passport, license with old address, and the appointment letter.

Take all the original documents you have sent with AOS package. I don't think the address in DL will be a big issue. Try to collect the extra documents you don't have at the moment (eg: tax forms, I-134). Don't worry too much about the things you can't change/collect now. It's very important to keep all the documents which prove that you have maintained the legal status in USA all the time. Don't try to explain anything or provide any document unless you are asked. Always give direct, short answers. Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply chooti. So far what I have seen is I cannot get my address changed in my DL so have to go with my license with the old address other than that the tax form I am taking about is nothing like income tax or anything like that, its just the form 8843 for the international student and I am working on it today. I went to one office to get some information and they told me I need I20's of all the colleges I attended which I dont have now except the recent one, so I will try to go to the different location tomorrow, hopefully it will be helpful.
And I dont know if i can still get the I-134, I am working on it but still empty handed.
Take all the original documents you have sent with AOS package. I don't think the address in DL will be a big issue. Try to collect the extra documents you don't have at the moment (eg: tax forms, I-134). Don't worry too much about the things you can't change/collect now. It's very important to keep all the documents which prove that you have maintained the legal status in USA all the time. Don't try to explain anything or provide any document unless you are asked. Always give direct, short answers. Good Luck!

.......they told me I need I20's of all the colleges I attended which I dont have now ........

Pal....this is what you should have been working on all these days.
Why you do not have them? Lost?
at least call all those other schools and try get copies from them.

I cant blv this, forget about the tax, work on this !!

PS:
Did you have a SS# before and were you working?
If so have you got past W2 s showing you paid taxes on those earnings?, then that should be enough to take with you, the least!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply,
And about the I-20, when I got transferred to this college I went to, they just told me I dont need it no more so I just destroyed it( privacy matter). And that was like 3 years ago, until I applied for the AOS, I needed it, then I tried to get atleast a copy of it but I was unable to get it because they cannot give me the copy of I-20 later. So what ever I tried to do, I couldnt get it. that is why I dont have that I-20. But I was asked to bring the current I-20 in the interview letter and I do have the copy of the current I-20 and all the I-20's before that.
I got my social 2 years ago, however I am not working at all. So, I don't have no W-2's. I was just trying to do the form 8843 just in case. besides that i almost got things done.And I am not been able to get the I-134 so far.
here are the list of things I am going to take with me.
Documents for the interview.
Interview letter
DV letter
AOS letter
DV fee receipt letter
Passport
I-94
All I-20( except the first one)
State ID ( with old address)
Tax filing copies. ( if i can get it done by this week, form 8843 no W-2)
I-134 ( if I can find the sponsor before the interview)
Birth certificates with translation
Transcript of universities and colleges.
High School and college diploma.

Pal....this is what you should have been working on all these days.
Why you do not have them? Lost?
at least call all those other schools and try get copies from them.

I cant blv this, forget about the tax, work on this !!

PS:
Did you have a SS# before and were you working?
If so have you got past W2 s showing you paid taxes on those earnings?, then that should be enough to take with you, the least!