• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Chooti,

All the best tomorrow in your interview. I hope that everything goes perfect and smoothly for you.

Sorry guys, I am trying to catch up with all the posts but I have been really busy lately. I see that there has been so much going on in the forum in the last couple of weeks!

Interview update!!!

Hi All,

I have been following the trend of 2010 DV winners in this forum. I must say this forum is the best. Very helpful!!!

I had my interview on 8/6/2010 and the good news is my application was APPROVED same day. Now, I have to wait for the green card to arrive in the mail in the coming days.

The time for the interview was slated for 9:00 AM but I got there around 8:00 AM. The IO called me in at 8:30 and the whole process was smooth and painless. The entire interview lasted for just 12 minutes and I left the office at 9:00AM with a temporary letter saying my application has been GRANTED. The rest of the time was used by the IO to update my file in their system. Most of questions she asked were taken from the I-485 form.

Just a background information: my biometrics was conducted on 7/29/2010 and I got a call from the IO on 8/2/2010. Her message was, she wanted to bring me in for an interview since she has finished reviewing my application. I couldn't believe the message but the phone call was followed with a message via e-mail. She wanted to schedule me for 8/4/2010 but I asked to be interviewed on 8/6/2010. I just was lucky to get that wonderful call that morning.

I just want to wish all those having their interview soon all the very best. Those yet to receive their letters, just believe the letter is on its way. It was a wonderful experience for me and I hope some of you have great stories to tell at the end of this journey.

Littlejohn

AF61XXX- FO (Boston)
Current in August
6/21/2010 Mailed AOS application to Chicago Lockbox
6/22/2010 Mailed AOS application to Chicago Lockbox received @ 9:13AM
6/28/2010 Text Messages & E-mail confirmation of receipt of AOS application
6/30/2010 Check cashed by USCIS Chicago Lockbox
7/01/2010 Able to check status of application using the receipt numbers sent via E-mail
7/1/2010 NOA I-797C for I-485 received. Notice dated 6/28/2010
7/6/2010 NOA I-797C for I-765 received. Notice dated 6/28/2010
7/10/2010 Biometrics Notice received for 7/29/2010. Notice dated 7/1/2010
7/22/2010 Case transferred to Boston USCIS Local office by KCC
7/29/2010 Biometrics Done
8/2/2010 Interview Notice received via e-mail. Appointment date: 8/6/2010
8/6/2010 Successful Interview. Given temporary letter showing GC granted.
8/6/2010 LUD on application received via e-mail and text message showing "DECISION"

Hi littlejohn,

Congratulations on your successful interview.
Thank you for posting your experience. When
you get your card probably it will be one of
the fastest process of this FY.

By the way welcome to the forum...

Hi All,

I have been following the trend of 2010 DV winners in this forum. I must say this forum is the best. Very helpful!!!

I had my interview on 8/6/2010 and the good news is my application was APPROVED same day. Now, I have to wait for the green card to arrive in the mail in the coming days.

The time for the interview was slated for 9:00 AM but I got there around 8:00 AM. The IO called me in at 8:30 and the whole process was smooth and painless. The entire interview lasted for just 12 minutes and I left the office at 9:00AM with a temporary letter saying my application has been GRANTED. The rest of the time was used by the IO to update my file in their system. Most of questions she asked were taken from the I-485 form.

Just a background information: my biometrics was conducted on 7/29/2010 and I got a call from the IO on 8/2/2010. Her message was, she wanted to bring me in for an interview since she has finished reviewing my application. I couldn't believe the message but the phone call was followed with a message via e-mail. She wanted to schedule me for 8/4/2010 but I asked to be interviewed on 8/6/2010. I just was lucky to get that wonderful call that morning.

I just want to wish all those having their interview soon all the very best. Those yet to receive their letters, just believe the letter is on its way. It was a wonderful experience for me and I hope some of you have great stories to tell at the end of this journey.

Littlejohn

AF61XXX- FO (Boston)
Current in August
7/01/2010 Able to check status of application using the receipt numbers sent via E-mail
8/6/2010 LUD on application received via e-mail and text message showing "DECISION"

Thanks for sharing your information. and congratulation on your approved application.
Hi All,

Littlejohn

AF61XXX- FO (Boston)
Current in August

Thanks a lot for sharing your experince, Capeolive. Seems like I am not only the one who had such a bad experince.

Hi winnerdv11,

You are not alone. Do not be discouraged
by the actions of some that don't know and
don't know that they don't know.
The card
is not theirs to give. You have already won
that right. I am posting my experience that
I had just prior to sending in my DV AOS
application which I have posted before...

Something similar happened to me when I was about to apply for AOS in
February I did an InfoPass, I had somethings I wanted to clear out. At the
time I had a pending I-485 for 6 years and at the time I had to wait 2 more
years on that. I explained the person that I wanted to close my pending case
and do a DV AOS application. She told me not to close it and wait because it
had already being pending. Whatever I asked she said "It is your decision, sir"

When I insisted on applying for DV AOS and ask her when I can apply and that
I needed information. She said that I could apply after October 1, 2010 and
they could give me the information then.

When I told her that it had already started in last October and I was about to apply
and insisted on the forms (I did not need the forms, I just wanted her to do
something other than giving me false information without even blushing each time
I corrected her) She finally moved "herself" and brought me bunch of "expired" forms.

I am sure she still works there and "informing" people!

hey guys, besides filing the form 8843, which I am going to do it this week. I was wondering if the address on driver's license matters or not. Because I am still using the driving license with the address I use to live 2 years ago and didnt felt like changing it because of new rules in texas where they will give you the temporary DL and have to renew it every year. I was wondering, if it doesn't make a whole lot of hassel then I will just change it later on because I will be changing this address in 2-3 more months. any suggestions. Do you think the IO will raise question about it in the Interview? or can i just show other forms of identification rather than driver's license. Just wondering..

Hi Summet,

It will be wise to go to your interview
with a driver's license that has the same
address you have used in your application.
It is the law anyways. There is no chance
of having a problem by having the correct
address but there is a chance of having
a problem by having an incorrect address.
I wouldn't take the risk.

When you get your green card you can
get a permanent driver's license.

Do the right thing...

hey guys, besides filing the form 8843, which I am going to do it this week. I was wondering if the address on driver's license matters or not. Because I am still using the driving license with the address I use to live 2 years ago and didnt felt like changing it because of new rules in texas where they will give you the temporary DL and have to renew it every year. I was wondering, if it doesn't make a whole lot of hassel then I will just change it later on because I will be changing this address in 2-3 more months. any suggestions. Do you think the IO will raise question about it in the Interview? or can i just show other forms of identification rather than driver's license. Just wondering..

I was going to change it this week as well. but It takes around 4-5 weeks in state of texas to get the driver's license. So, I was wondering, what if I dont get the license by the time I have my interview, they wont mind looking at the paper permit with your information on it. Anyways I will go ahead and change my license this week, so that I dont have to worry about it no more.
Hi Summet,

It will be wise to go to your interview
with a driver's license that has the same
address you have used in your application.
It is the law anyways. There is no chance
of having a problem by having the correct
address but there is a chance of having
a problem by having an incorrect address.
I wouldn't take the risk.

When you get your green card you can
get a permanent driver's license.

Do the right thing...

Its been a while since I came in here but wow! Soo many good things are happening. That gives me hope. I think am the last person to send the AOS package in. I hope we all get through.

Visitor Visa is a non-immigrant visa issued to people entering U.S. temporarily for business (B-1), or for pleasure/ medical treatment (B-2). These are generally issued for a period of six months, but an additional maximum extension of 6 months can be granted based on the USCIS(INS) approval.

Interview experience

We had our interview today. We were called inside by a friendly AO and it took just 10 minutes for the entire process. First we were asked to take oath and asked for the current and previous passports. He just went through our I-485 and G-325A and asked few questions from them. He didn't ask for any other documents. As we expected the KCC file was not there and the AO told everything seems OK but he will have to wait for the KCC file to give a decision. He told it will take couple of weeks to receive the GC and gave the email address to contact him if we don't hear anything from them for more than a month.
Hoping to hear a good news soon. Thanks a lot for all the wishes and i will keep you updated.

Hi chooti,

Congratulations on your successful interview.
I hope you get your cards soon and the cards
help you better your lives in US...

Interview experience

We had our interview today. We were called inside by a friendly AO and it took just 10 minutes for the entire process. First we were asked to take oath and asked for the current and previous passports. He just went through our I-485 and G-325A and asked few questions from them. He didn't ask for any other documents. As we expected the KCC file was not there and the AO told everything seems OK but he will have to wait for the KCC file to give a decision. He told it will take couple of weeks to receive the GC and gave the email address to contact him if we don't hear anything from them for more than a month.
Hoping to hear a good news soon. Thanks a lot for all the wishes and i will keep you updated.

Hi Summet,

Have you been filing AR-11 each time you have
changed your address. It is law and very important...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I was going to change it this week as well. but It takes around 4-5 weeks in state of texas to get the driver's license. So, I was wondering, what if I dont get the license by the time I have my interview, they wont mind looking at the paper permit with your information on it. Anyways I will go ahead and change my license this week, so that I dont have to worry about it no more.