• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hey Guys,

We just called KCC today and they said that our interview date in US embassy is on September 14 and they have mailed our document so we are waiting for the letter. We are happy but bit worried as well. Reason to worry are: lots of strike is common back home so we hope embassy will still open if that happens; second reason is whether we will have visa available or not? I assume if KCC gives interview letter they coordinate with embassy to see if the visa available or not and then gives interview date; otherwise what's the point of interview. Pls fill us in and suggest us what are the most important document we should not forget to bring from US( I mean except the regular I485 and related docs). We requested KCC if they can give us earlier date but they said that's it, no change. May be we will try our luck calling/emailing US embassy.

Thank you guys for all your kind help. Will keep you posted when we receive letter.

Thank you guys.

Hi maila,

congratulations!!!! That's great news!
Just bring all documents that you already prepared, and you'll be fine.
Good luck!!!

Guys help me,

What is Last Occupation Abroad in G-325A?
is it asking my current status F-1?

Hi suu5,

that question says
"Last occupation abroad if not shown above"
So if you answered on question above, you can put on this N/A.

Hi suu5,

If you have been here less than 5 years it is n/a

If you have been here more than 5 years then write your last occupation abroad

Guys help me,

What is Last Occupation Abroad in G-325A?
is it asking my current status F-1?

Maila,

During the recent strikes, I visited our local Embassy website and saw that for the dates when interviews were scheduled (and the Embassy had to be closed on those days due to strike) they listed alternate dates for interviews so be on the lookout for that on their website and you can also call/e-mail them about the issue. I hope there will be no more strikes and that your interview will go smoothly. Good Luck and keep us posted, you will be in my prayers.

Thank you Izzy120. I hope we will be fine. We will contact them once we receive the letter sent from KCC. I wish you luck with your process too.

Hi sagarhimire,

The following in Form I-134:

11. I intend/I do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3.

(If you check "intend," indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For example, if you intend
to furnish room and board, state for how long and, if money, state the amount in U.S. dollars and whether
it is to be given in a lump sum, weekly or monthly, and for how long.

Most of the time the second box I do not intend is checked!

Please, add your signature, we have a right to know somethings about your case!

Hi Capeolive,
I have a question regarding I-134. In #11 , (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf), what typically should the sponser write?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey sagarghimire,
dont get so lost on this mailing address, if u have enough time send it through the regular mail that is going to be USPS and send to the address other than the one mentioned 3rd floor and if u want to get ur document quicker use the express (fedex) to the address that mentions 3rd floor.
USPS express mail delivery falls under 1st or 2nd category? It is usps mail but express....!!

Yes maila,
I am hoping on that. and while I was free I was calculating my time with CHOOTI'S time and having this feeling that I will be getting my interview letter in about 3 weeks of my NOA, which will be the last week of this month (28th or 29th) . I hope my prediction will come true.
Thanks Sumeet. I am sure you will be getting your interview letter soon too. Keep patience and faith. Good luck.

Same here ^^
Yes maila,
I am hoping on that. and while I was free I was calculating my time with CHOOTI'S time and having this feeling that I will be getting my interview letter in about 3 weeks of my NOA, which will be the last week of this month (28th or 29th) . I hope my prediction will come true.

Yeah zuno,
your process is going fine so you should be all right. Atleast, you have your biometrics and now u know that the process are on track. reading all the different post from members here, it sometimes scares me that what if my file is stocked somewhere, So, I just thought about going to the field office with info pass. coz if they are going to send me an interview letter soon then for sure they should be able to tell me if they got my file yet.
Same here ^^

Capeolive,

tnx. One question. What type of money transfer i should use? If i use money order can i track it? I don't think i can use my personal check.

Hi suu5,

If you use personal check it will be possible to track it that's what many of us did...

Capeolive,

tnx. One question. What type of money transfer i should use? If i use money order can i track it? I don't think i can use my personal check.

Hi suu5,
I dont really think tracking the check is a big deal, but what i have seen from my experience is that when u use check the process to get the NOA is about 2 days more than when you use the money order or cashier check, i dont know why but it looks like it..just double check on it..
Hi suu5,

If you use personal check it will be possible to track it that's what many of us did...

Hi Guys

Guys,

I think I only need to send 2 forms to Chicago Lockbox.
I-485 and G-325A. Is it ok?
And also how many copies of G-325A I suppose to submit?