• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi sogdian,

You are right. It has been way too long.
There are certain things can be done.
But first of all I want to understand what
kind of confirmation you got about your
case file's being in Washington Field Office.
1. Where you got the confirmation from?
2. Is it written or just verbal?

Hi all.
I have a question. I have been waiting for my interview letter for months. i believe local office just forgot may case.i have and infopass soon. what should say so that i can get passed those idiots in the infopass ad talk to the IO that is doing my case. infopass guys are helpless. i have a confirmation that my case is in local office (that would be washington field office). i want to get attenion of senior officers. or would it help to make a scandal.
does anyone has experience with my office. please share.
i applied last year december and i think i have very reason to be worried.
and also congratulations for those who got their greencards.

I got that ...i will get it ready now...everything is done...except the documents from lawyer......pray for me guys...I dont want to be late..like u said......after every thing will be done..its gonna be a bad experience and a good joke to crack...
Hi Summet,

Just put N/A on the first box and leave the related boxes empty...

good to hear from you capeolive.
first i tried uscis 1800 number but they did not know. but in my last infopass (about a month ago) i was told that they have it since march 16.

Hi sogdian,

With DV Process the applicant has basically 2 files:

1. At KCC
2. At NBC, aka Missouri Service Center (AOS Application that is sent to Chicago ends up there)

How it works is

NBC sends the AOS file to the Local Office for interview
Local Office requests the file that KCC has

After they get everything they schedule an interview.

3. If applicant has A-File due to prior application at some Service Center
it also needs be requested which sometimes complicates the whole thing.

I take it you don't have a prior application. Also if there is any detail
about your case you can let me know it. Like your present status.

For now what you should do is:

1. Call and email KCC if you have not already done and find out if your case has been
transferred yet.

2. Go to the InfoPass, it is very important to know that you and them are NOT "equals"
So, be nice to them no matter what, explain the situation if you see you are not getting
help, try to talk to a supervisor, be nice do not make a scene. This is very important.

If you still cannot get any help, I will provide you information on what steps you can take.
There is still time until the end of the fiscal year. Don't forget the key is "be nice but insistent"

Try this if it doesn't work let me know. You have my best...

first i tried uscis 1800 number but they did not know. but in my last infopass (about a month ago) i was told that they have it since march 16.

Hi sogdian,
All i can tell u about them infopass guys is that, they are not even worth a penny, and I do know that they wont give u anything in written, everything is verbal and even not all the information you get there is all true unless u get a very professional representative to talk to u. And ya about the 1800 number, they really can not help u in this dv thing all they gonna tell u is to go to the infopass session which u have already experienced, what u should have asked in the infopass is what's the next step they are trying to do...I cannot even promise u if thats gonna be worth asking. so best of luck on ur process. hope some other members in this firm can help u on this. Lot of people might tell u to consult with a immigration lawyer, but I have already been in hole with one lawyer so I cannot even suggest u to go for it. best of luck
And ya I would like to add the same thing capeolive added, do be nice to the rep u talking to because if u show some scene, its hard to get good result..

Last edited by a moderator:
hey capeolive,
I was just reading this post and u said if they already have your A file this might make the case complicated,
that means i do have a A file there already, does that supposed to make my case more complicated?
what I thought was, coz i have have my A file there, its supposed for them to track me, coz they have already got my fingerprints and my background checked which will allow me not to be giving the biometrics again...
can u explain that a little bit more plz...coz I doing biometrics for the same process twice looks bit odd.
Hi sogdian,

With DV Process the applicant has basically 2 files:

1. At KCC
2. At NBC, aka Missouri Service Center (AOS Application that is sent to Chicago ends up there)

How it works is

NBC sends the AOS file to the Local Office for interview
Local Office requests the file that KCC has

After they get everything they schedule an interview.

3. If applicant has A-File due to prior application at some Service Center
it also needs be requested which sometimes complicates the whole thing.

I take it you don't have a prior application. Also if there is any detail
about your case you can let me know it. Like your present status.

For now what you should do is:

1. Call and email KCC if you have not already done and find out if your case has been
transferred yet.

2. Go to the InfoPass, it is very important to know that you and them are NOT "equals"
So, be nice to them no matter what, explain the situation if you see you are not getting
help, try to talk to a supervisor, be nice do not make a scene. This is very important.

If you still cannot get any help, I will provide you information on what steps you can take.
There is still time until the end of the fiscal year. Don't forget the key is "be nice but insistent"

Try this if it doesn't work let me know. You have my best...

Hi Summet,

In your case your file should be at NBC where the file you are sending
to Chicago will end up. This does not relate to your case.

What I was talking about the people who have pending AOS Applications
for example at Texas Service Center. Then they have to transfer those files
also which sometimes take little too long.

I gotta go, I wake up very early...

hey capeolive,
I was just reading this post and u said if they already have your A file this might make the case complicated,
that means i do have a A file there already, does that supposed to make my case more complicated?
what I thought was, coz i have have my A file there, its supposed for them to track me, coz they have already got my fingerprints and my background checked which will allow me not to be giving the biometrics again...
can u explain that a little bit more plz...coz I doing biometrics for the same process twice looks bit odd.

Congrats i2009 and capeolive on your GCs. Very happy for both of you. All the best capeolive to your family. I am sure that overseas the process should be faster. I haven't been checking the forum for sometime as i am trying to finish up my Ph.d studies and it gets hectic. Congrats to everyone else who has been successful and good luck to those still pursuing.

Dear all,

I have my interview on June 23rd and I was asked to bring A complete Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, with all evidence. I am currently working as H1-B so, should I worry about form I-864 or an employment verification letter from my HR explaing my salary and time I have worked in the company(3 yrs) would work. Please advise. Thank you

Hi Olsson,

thank you for good wishes!!!

Hear is a list of documents I will take with me for the interview:

Passport and I-94
All original documents:
-Receipt of the paid fee 375$ DOS
-Birth certificate and translation
-Letter from the court that no record exist
-Award letter from DOS, KCC
-Second NL
-Copy of Barcode sheet
-High school diploma -with state license
-Certificate as regular student
-Certificate with all passed exams
-Employment letter
-Tax returns
-Bank statements for this year
-DS2019s-proof of status
-I-134 with copy of sponsor's ID
-Bank statement
-Employment letter
-Tax returns transcript

- My medical exam- copy
-SSN
-State ID

Also I made a copy of all those documents to have them.
Better to be over prepared.

I put them in order how they asked in my interview letter.

Hi newone thank you for your response I have a question. I am currently working as a H1-b (work Visa) should I prepare I-134 or i-864 as shown in interview letter. Also who should I ask to prepare I-864 or I-134 form???? Please help

thank you Summit and and Capeolive.
I don't think that a file thing refers to my case.
and besides infopasses i also wrote to cis ombudsman. twice. stilll nothing. actually i dont even know how it works. i mean should they contact me or they work with local office directly i dont know. i also considered conressmans office. but i read that they reply after 6 months due to high volume of requests and complaints and etc.
btw when i had my infopass the officer could not get much info using my case number. only after trying my a# he pulled out some updates such as they have their case there and they took some action on it on march ...
i guess i will have to try my luck at the infopass with the same people. although i dont have high hopes on them. whatever i do i can not get someone senior to talk to me.

thanks for ur comment capeolive,
I am here late night printing the documents,
I was checking the document that was fren was printing for his AOS last time from the marriage and he said that I dont need to do the flip page I can print one sheet a page dont need to be double sheet. So I was wondering will the Immigration guys be very strict about those sheet??
Hi Summet,

In your case your file should be at NBC where the file you are sending
to Chicago will end up. This does not relate to your case.

What I was talking about the people who have pending AOS Applications
for example at Texas Service Center. Then they have to transfer those files
also which sometimes take little too long.

I gotta go, I wake up very early...

Hi cooldude,

Thank you for being here for us and also for your good wishes.
I pray that you are successful here, as well as here after...

Congrats i2009 and capeolive on your GCs. Very happy for both of you. All the best capeolive to your family. I am sure that overseas the process should be faster. I haven't been checking the forum for sometime as i am trying to finish up my Ph.d studies and it gets hectic. Congrats to everyone else who has been successful and good luck to those still pursuing.

Hi Olsson,

If you have an annual income of less than 125% of poverty guidelines for the family,
you may be asked for an affidavit of support. Sometimes even if you are over
poverty guidelines, they still ask for it. The Affidavit of Support that is used for
DV Process is I-134. Even though I had annual income of way over 125% of
poverty guidelines I still had an I-134 with me just in case an ended up using
it at the interview.

So, first of all get your all financial papers together. Like Tax returns, W-2 forms,
Employment letter, recent pay stubs, bank letters, statements etc.

If possible, I would still get an I-134 with me just in case. That's what I would do...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_4437.html

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Dear all,

I have my interview on June 23rd and I was asked to bring A complete Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, with all evidence. I am currently working as H1-B so, should I worry about form I-864 or an employment verification letter from my HR explaing my salary and time I have worked in the company(3 yrs) would work. Please advise. Thank you

Hi sogdian,

I see that you have taken some other steps.
After going to InfoPass let me know if you
still need help I will try to help you...

thank you Summit and and Capeolive.
I don't think that a file thing refers to my case.
and besides infopasses i also wrote to cis ombudsman. twice. stilll nothing. actually i dont even know how it works. i mean should they contact me or they work with local office directly i dont know. i also considered conressmans office. but i read that they reply after 6 months due to high volume of requests and complaints and etc.
btw when i had my infopass the officer could not get much info using my case number. only after trying my a# he pulled out some updates such as they have their case there and they took some action on it on march ...
i guess i will have to try my luck at the infopass with the same people. although i dont have high hopes on them. whatever i do i can not get someone senior to talk to me.

I finally have The Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

I finally got my Green Card after so many years.
Yes, it is green and yes, it is "green enough" for me.

Hey capolive

i was not around to share your good news.............Wow nice and happy for you
Congrats to you and to your family............God be with you for your next road.................i
All my prayers to you join your family........Good luck

I finally have The Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

I finally got my Green Card after so many years.
Yes, it is green and yes, it is "green enough" for me.

OMG, FINALLY. Congratulations capeolive, you truly deserve it. All the best with everything else.

Hi Olsson,

If you have an annual income of less than 125% of poverty guidelines for the family,
you may be asked for an affidavit of support. Sometimes even if you are over
poverty guidelines, they still ask for it. The Affidavit of Support that is used for
DV Process is I-134. Even though I had annual income of way over 125% of
poverty guidelines I still had an I-134 with me just in case an ended up using
it at the interview.

So, first of all get your all financial papers together. Like Tax returns, W-2 forms,
Employment letter, recent pay stubs, bank letters, statements etc.

If possible, I would still get an I-134 with me just in case. That's what I would do...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_4437.html

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Thank you Capeolive any by the way Congratulation. Now you are Green..........

Thank you cooldude06_78, I appreciate it. It's great to see you around!

Dear all,

Hello Olsson,

I-864 is not applicable for DV cases; sometimes they send a standard interview letter and thus they may indicate a I-864 instead of a I-134 form. Either way, bring your employment letter, pay stubs, w-2, etc to the interview.

I suggest that you also bring a I-134 and show it only if the IO requires it. If the IO asks for the I-864 then you can explain that you don't have a relative to sponsor an I-864.

Good luck!