• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Summet,

Where have you been, I was about to get worried...

I would call it "Supplemental Page"

Also, do not put h. on the supplemental page.

On Page 1, Part 2:

Mark h.

Then write:

Diversity Visa (DV) 2010 Winner

Do not write a long story. These people don't have time to read stories. Don't make them mad.

Don't disappear again. You gotta complete your DV package...

Do you think this model is good.

Continuation Sheet to form I-485 for LAST NAME, First name with DV Case number 2010AS259XXX

Part 2. Application type

I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status because

h. Diversity Visa Lottery Winner, Copy of lottery letter attached.

Part 3 Processing information.

Have you ever before applied for permanent resident status in the U.S.?

YES

Applied on January 4, 2010 at
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
However, the case was for declined for early filing.

Date Signature.

Thanks for your reply capeolive, but let me Tell you one thing.. I am the only one who was here 12 hrs today, I am in this form since 10 this morning and till now waiting on you guys to comment on my posts, if u check then the post before yours is mine..And I am gonna do exactly what you have asked me to do.. I got a question for u again, for my birth certificate, I only have the copy of translation from the governmental office in my country, I can send that right??just wanted to make sure.
Hi Summet,

Where have you been, I was about to get worried...

I would call it "Supplemental Page"

Also, do not put h. on the supplemental page.

On Page 1, Part 2:

Mark h.

Then write:

Diversity Visa (DV) 2010 Winner

Do not write a long story. These people don't have time to read stories. Don't make them mad.

Don't disappear again. You gotta complete your DV package...

Hey capeolive,
You have checked my cover letter, my supplemental page and letter to IO right??do u have any more comment on that? Please do go through the list of documents I listed there and let me know if I am missing anything or got anything wrong on it. I want to go through final edit before I print it..And like I said, everything on my side is done just been waiting for the package to be sent from the lawyer. Coz she don't want me to come and pick it up ( its against their firm rules and regulation)
thank you again..

hi capeolive,
one last question for u...today..i was going through the list you gave me for the Cover letter one says:
Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs., do you also have to send that????I do have it I was wondering if I need to send it
and the other is you said the bar code page from KCC...I dont know which one is that, May be I have to look for it when I get al my documents from the lawyer, actually, I don't even know what she has coz she is been keeping all the documents that I got after I started this process.

Hi Summet,

First of all I am sorry that I wasn't around, night time I was working
and day time I had to take my new friend (green card) out. I showed
her around. She is new here and wanted to see everything. But I can
tell you she has an "attitude" she thinks she is better than me. So, there
is no "emotional connection" I will keep her around just in case...

As for the questions:

* Other than forms, checks etc, send copies, not originals.

* You must have the original birth certificate for the interview. For now you should send a copy.

* All non-English documents must be translated. There is a certain way they need to be translated.

Thanks for your reply capeolive, but let me Tell you one thing.. I am the only one who was here 12 hrs today, I am in this form since 10 this morning and till now waiting on you guys to comment on my posts, if u check then the post before yours is mine..And I am gonna do exactly what you have asked me to do.. I got a question for u again, for my birth certificate, I only have the copy of translation from the governmental office in my country, I can send that right??just wanted to make sure.

Hi Summet,

I should mention another thing about the forms:

When you print the forms "Print the first page and back of the page print the second one"
Do not print them on separate sheets. In other words if a form is two pages it should be
on a single sheet, front and back...

Hey capeolive,
You have checked my cover letter, my supplemental page and letter to IO right??do u have any more comment on that? Please do go through the list of documents I listed there and let me know if I am missing anything or got anything wrong on it. I want to go through final edit before I print it..And like I said, everything on my side is done just been waiting for the package to be sent from the lawyer. Coz she don't want me to come and pick it up ( its against their firm rules and regulation)
thank you again..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Summet,

* Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization, probably do not apply to you.
If you have applied USCIS before and got NOA's you can send copies, but probably this doesn't
apply to you...

* The Bar Code Page is the second page with a big bar code on which you get
with your First Notification Letter when you are informed of winning the lotto.

You don't even have copies of the things your lawyer has?
You are a "dream client" for lawyers...

hi capeolive,
one last question for u...today..i was going through the list you gave me for the Cover letter one says:
Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs., do you also have to send that????I do have it I was wondering if I need to send it
and the other is you said the bar code page from KCC...I dont know which one is that, May be I have to look for it when I get al my documents from the lawyer, actually, I don't even know what she has coz she is been keeping all the documents that I got after I started this process.

I finally have The Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

I finally got my Green Card after so many years.
Yes, it is green and yes, it is "green enough" for me.

[/B]

Congratulation and best wishes Capeolive. Auspicious. From now on, you don't have to worried with your employer giving hard time in renewing visa.

You are doing great job helping people in this forum. You guys are the backbone of this forum and please be in this forum.

I didnt get this one, this u meant this for form I485, meaning print the first page then again use the same page to print the next page but in the another side?..

If so does the same applies to the cover letter..or can i just write continue in page 2 in the botttom of the page and on the next page I just wite page continued page 2

P.S - when I filled the form last tiime from the lawyer last time, it was one sheet and one print I mean only print in one page,
I really didnt thought about this thing yet..
Hi Summet,

When you print the forms "Print the first page and back of the page print the second one"
Do not print them on separate sheets. In other words if a form is two pages it should be

I do know that's right.." dream client"..I am telling you guys no day can be worst than the day I hired that lawyer. But u learn when u do mistake so I am just being positive, may be god wanted me to learn this lesson, that even professionals can be like this.....and ya..I wont know about any other documents till I have it with me...SO far I have every thing besides the first letter from KCC and the Bar Code page, I will have my fingers crossed that she will send them all, with out no documents missing...
Hi Summet,

* Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization, probably do not apply to you.
If you have applied USCIS before and got NOA's you can send copies, but probably this doesn't
apply to you...

* The Bar Code Page is the second page with a big bar code on which you get
with your First Notification Letter when you are informed of winning the lotto.

You don't even have copies of the things your lawyer has?
You are a "dream client" for lawyers...

one more thing .dont you send the bar code page to kcc in the b
eginning???
Hi Summet,

Hi maila,

Thank you for your good wishes and words.

You have my best wishes in your process...

Congratulation and best wishes Capeolive. Auspicious. From now on, you don't have to worried with your employer giving hard time in renewing visa.

You are doing great job helping people in this forum. You guys are the backbone of this forum and please be in this forum.

Hi Summet,

The forms should be printed front and back of the sheet.

Cover letter should be printed on two sheets and bottom of the page add "continued on page 2"

This is my take on the subject...

I didnt get this one, this u meant this for form I485, meaning print the first page then again use the same page to print the next page but in the another side?..

If so does the same applies to the cover letter..or can i just write continue in page 2 in the botttom of the page and on the next page I just wite page continued page 2

P.S - when I filled the form last tiime from the lawyer last time, it was one sheet and one print I mean only print in one page,
I really didnt thought about this thing yet..

Hi Summet,

You know, your lawyer might forget to send your documents
or they might be lost in the mail. Why don't you go there and
pick them up "yourself"

Hopefully after you get your card, one day you can look at this
"bad experience" you had and joke about it...

I do know that's right.." dream client"..I am telling you guys no day can be worst than the day I hired that lawyer. But u learn when u do mistake so I am just being positive, may be god wanted me to learn this lesson, that even professionals can be like this.....and ya..I wont know about any other documents till I have it with me...SO far I have every thing besides the first letter from KCC and the Bar Code page, I will have my fingers crossed that she will send them all, with out no documents missing...

Hi Summet,

If you have a copy of the bar code page add it if not don't worry about it.

There are not very strict guidelines about what to send as additional proof...

one more thing .dont you send the bar code page to kcc in the b
eginning???

Yeah, I think i dont even have a copy of it.. and the reason I cannot go to the lawyer is coz, i had a very lengthy conversation over the fon with my lawyer, and I guess the bitter truth about her that I told her over the fon was hard to digest for her so she dont want me to come to her office and had warned if I step in her office, she will call security on me. so I dont think its worth taking risk going to her office so I am waiting on her mail.
However, Like I said everything else from my side is ready so once I get that mail, it gonna be send from the overnight fedex...hope everything goes fine after that but again, I am gonna have a big lengthy post before I send the document, so thats gonna be the final touch on the AOS package..
Hi Summet,

If you have a copy of the bar code page add it if not don't worry about it.

There are not very strict guidelines about what to send as additional proof...

Hey guys,
One stupid question to ask u on the field thats not applicable and it says none. Do i have to write N/A and None in just one field ..for example in the bracket, list your presend spouse and all ur children, should i write none in the first and last name or I have to do the same with the date of birth and everything like that

Hi Summet,

I am proud of you brother. Now you have to make sure that she sends it.
And make sure she sends it on time. Call and ask for tracking information.

I hope she sends it without more fuss. But if she doesn't then you'll have to
try "something" else...

Yeah, I think i dont even have a copy of it.. and the reason I cannot go to the lawyer is coz, i had a very lengthy conversation over the fon with my lawyer, and I guess the bitter truth about her that I told her over the fon was hard to digest for her so she dont want me to come to her office and had warned if I step in her office, she will call security on me. so I dont think its worth taking risk going to her office so I am waiting on her mail.
However, Like I said everything else from my side is ready so once I get that mail, it gonna be send from the overnight fedex...hope everything goes fine after that but again, I am gonna have a big lengthy post before I send the document, so thats gonna be the final touch on the AOS package..

Hi Summet,

Just put N/A on the first box and leave the related boxes empty...

Hey guys,
One stupid question to ask u on the field thats not applicable and it says none. Do i have to write N/A and None in just one field ..for example in the bracket, list your presend spouse and all ur children, should i write none in the first and last name or I have to do the same with the date of birth and everything like that

Hi all.
I have a question. I have been waiting for my interview letter for months. i believe local office just forgot may case.i have and infopass soon. what should say so that i can get passed those idiots in the infopass ad talk to the IO that is doing my case. infopass guys are helpless. i have a confirmation that my case is in local office (that would be washington field office). i want to get attenion of senior officers. or would it help to make a scandal.
does anyone has experience with my office. please share.
i applied last year december and i think i have very reason to be worried.
and also congratulations for those who got their greencards.