• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Olsson,

In short they say since you did not do your biometrics your case
has been suspended until you do it. They add that you are on line
for a biometrics appointment as soon as it is available they will
send you the appointment letter for biometrics...

Would you please add your signature from settings thanks.

Thank you Capeolive for your response and is there a way I can check the status of processing time in my local office (Phoenix). And also will it be too late if I try to pull my case back from USCIS and go back to my country for CP.

Thank you Capeolive for your response and is there a way I can check the status of processing time in my local office (Phoenix). And also will it be too late if I try to pull my case back from USCIS and go back to my country for CP.

Hi Olsson,

You can check the USCIS Processing Times at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do

Please notice that those times are approximate and they should not apply to DV cases. The only problem is that they don't consider a case being delayed until the AOS NOA receipt date is earlier than the processing date shown in that web site.

Good luck

Hi,
I am totally aware that this thread is for AOS 2010. But, I want to hear from some one who has the experience of doing AOS.

I got the DV 2011. My case number is AS00025XXX, which is a bit too high. That's why I am really confused if I should go with AOS or CP?

If someone who has done AOS could give me some advice, it would be get!

Hi Olsson,

The processing times at Field offices do not apply to DV cases.
The DV cases are done in an expedited way. Unfortunately
there is not a standard for "expedited" it varies from
case to case.

I am not sure after filing AOS you can withdraw it and switch to CP.
Why don't you call KCC Monday morning and learn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's been a month

Dear guys,
it's been a month after my interview, and I haven't recieved my green card. Do you think I should make an infopass on Monday?

Thanks.

Hi dvcrazy,

First of all congratulations on hitting the lottery.
You have a rather high number which may be current
late summer next year. If you have a valid visa and no problem
entering your country CP might be a better option for you.
CP in general takes short time and AOS longer time...

Hi,
I am totally aware that this thread is for AOS 2010. But, I want to hear from some one who has the experience of doing AOS.

I got the DV 2011. My case number is AS00025XXX, which is a bit too high. That's why I am really confused if I should go with AOS or CP?

If someone who has done AOS could give me some advice, it would be get!

Hi jasmine182,

Because of switching to redesigned green cards there was
a backlog and they had halted sending the cards for sometime.
Good news is they started sending the cards last week. There
are other people in your situation. Don't worry, there will be a
green card boom soon. We'll be the "green card boomers"

Dear guys,
it's been a month after my interview, and I haven't recieved my green card. Do you think I should make an infopass on Monday?

Thanks.

Hello everyone,
I wanted to congratulate everyone who recently got their green cards, especially to you Capeolive who answered my questions earlier on. I have learned a lot about the process just from logging in and reading different people cases. Here are the fact about my case:

Charleston South Carolina

05/ 11 2009: Winning Package received
05/12 2009: sent out AOS and DSO I and II
05/14/2009 AOS was delivered in Missouri
05/15 2009 DSOI & II delivered in Williamsburg KY
06/03/2009 Received second letter from Kentucky stating USCIS will handle case
06/05/2009 Received receipt DV receipt fee
04/09/2010 Current in June
05/11/2010 Medical done
05/10/2010 Sent package to Chicago Lockbox
05/13/2010 Package delivered
05/21/2010 Received I-797C NOA

I haven't received biometric appointement letter yet and I can't check the case status online..it keeps saying error. I called USCIS and they said that some case numbers just never make it out to be accessible to the public. In other word I just won't be able to check my case status online...Is that true? Has anybody else experienced this?

Thank you very much!

Hi LeTigreNoire,

Thank you for congratulating me but I have not
gotten the card yet but I got the approval on Monday...

Anyways as for Biometrics until lately applicants
were doing them average 2 - 4 weeks after NOA. Lately
Olsson was complaining that she had not gotten
any biometrics appointment. You can read the post
on the previous page of the forum.

But I believe for you it is too early to worry yet.
Just hang in there...

Hello everyone,
I wanted to congratulate everyone who recently got their green cards, especially to you Capeolive who answered my questions earlier on. I have learned a lot about the process just from logging in and reading different people cases. Here are the fact about my case:

05/ 11 2009: Winning Package received
05/12 2009: sent out AOS and DSO I and II
05/14/2009 AOS was delivered in Missouri
05/15 2009 DSOI & II delivered in Williamsburg KY
06/03/2009 Received second letter from Kentucky stating USCIS will handle case
06/05/2009 Received receipt DV receipt fee
04/09/2010 Current in June
05/11/2010 Medical done
05/10/2010 Sent package to Chicago Lockbox
05/13/2010 Package delivered
05/21/2010 Received I-797C NOA

I haven't received biometric appointement letter yet and I can't check the case status online..it keeps saying error. I called USCIS and they said that some case numbers just never make it out to be accessible to the public. In other word I just won't be able to check my case status online...Is that true? Has anybody else experienced this?

Thank you very much!

Dear guys,

Thanks.

Hello jasmine182,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received your card yet. It seems that the new design is the culprit. I haven't heard of anyone receiving the Green Card after early May. You did receive your welcome letter right? If that's correct, and 30 days have passed since the welcome letter's date, then I would suggest that you call the Service Center and/or schedule an InfoPass and see if they can give you any clue of what to expect.

Best of luck to you

Good news guys,
i got my interview letter!! its on plain white paper no worries.It asks me to bring current i20, state id, passport, i94 card!!It doesnt mention nything about affidavit of support. I dont knw if they ask for it at da time of interview. So the interview is on june 9, ten daz to go!!!! OMG!!! so ezcited n lil scare. Thx guys!! Pray for me !!!

Good news guys,
i got my interview letter!! its on plain white paper no worries.It asks me to bring current i20, state id, passport, i94 card!!It doesnt mention nything about affidavit of support. I dont knw if they ask for it at da time of interview. So the interview is on june 9, ten daz to go!!!! OMG!!! so ezcited n lil scare. Thx guys!! Pray for me !!!

nepal2010
great news and we'll pray for you!
good luck.

Hi nepal2010,

See, patience paid off. At the beginning of the week
you were about to do "something" It is a good thing
you didn't do anything...

Now you have a real thing to do, prepare for the
interview whatever is necessary and pray...

By the way at interview don't speak as you post
your messages, they wouldn't like it. I am sure
you can make an exception and speak clearly
at the interview...

Congratulations on your "plain paper" interview letter...

Good news guys,

Hi friends,

Update on my case!

I received the "Welcome Letter" today.

I have been here for such a long time.
So in a way this was a rather delayed welcome.
But I don't have any hard feelings for my host.
At the end she welcomed me. I am grateful to her...

I thank each and everyone of you who supported me in this process...

I thank God the Creator of Heavens and Earth who brought me so far...

hey capeolive, congrats for your welcome letter,
Ya i get little nervous with the interview things. But seeing almost 100 percent interview success m boost with confidence. I know i can do it and i have to do it. I really appreciate your help and all the members in this forum. Yeah, as you said now its time to get ready for the interview.

Hi nepal2010,

See, patience paid off. At the beginning of the week
you were about to do "something" It is a good thing
you didn't do anything...

Now you have a real thing to do, prepare for the
interview whatever is necessary and pray...

By the way at interview don't speak as you post
your messages, they wouldn't like it. I am sure
you can make an exception and speak clearly
at the interview...

Congratulations on your "plain paper" interview letter...

Dear guys,

Thanks.

hey jashmine,
i know its hard to wait. and nobody knows this better than me. but yeah, as everybody said it might be coz of the redesigining of the green card. But as you already have the welcome letter you will get the card sooner or later. All the Best. i ll pray for you!!

Hi friends,

Update on my case!

I received the "Welcome Letter" today.

I have been here for such a long time.
So in a way this was a rather delayed welcome.
But I don't have any hard feelings for my host.
At the end she welcomed me. I am grateful to her...

I thank each and everyone of you who supported me in this process...

I thank God the Creator of Heavens and Earth who brought me so far...

capeolive,

congrats on receiving your welcome letter! that's wonderful news to a long journey!
and i look forward to your good news that your family will be united with you soon!!
yes, God will reward all of us who works hard for what we want.
God bless.

Good news guys,

Congratulations!!!!
That will be in 12 days!!! Wooooow great!
It's ok to be scare. I had same filings :D.
Good luck! Get yourself ready.