• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

As usual, many many good news here. Congrats to all who had successful interviews, got their green cards or even got welcome letter without an interview! Unfortunately, I'm not being as lucky with my case. The 1-2 weeks my IO mentioned has come and gone and no sign of my file being transferred. Anybody has the phone number for the National Center?

Hello gdh,

I understand that you are talking about your EB file not being transferred to your Local Office, right? Where is your EB case being processed? My EB file was stuck at the Texas Service Center, I called them and I explained my situation (a DV case being on hold waiting for the EB file to be transferred), the officer took the case in his hands and 2 days later my file was transferred. You should do the same. If your file is at Texas Service Center, the phone number is (214) 962-2626. Capeolive provided me with this phone number.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

yes, but I won't relax until I have that card in my hands.

that's good news!!! Now you need to wait for this kind of message

we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.

that will mean that your GCs are sent to you!

Just wait for 2-3 days!!!

Good luck!! I'm with you!!!

Thank you very much middle.com! I am waiting and I hope we will have our cards soon.

gdh,

Even if I can't help, I understand your situation man. But you must be positive, you have your EAD and can use it until you get your cards. It was very smart of you to apply for EADs as well.
I think getting your cards is just a matter of time. I am sure everything will be fine.

Hi everybody,
There is an update on my case:
As you know I have been trying to get KCC to transfer my DV case file
to my local USCIS office. The last email I sent them was in short as follows:

"SINCE I AM THE ONLY MEMBER OF MY FAMILY DOING AOS IN US, PLEASE
TRANSFER MY FILE TO USCIS PHILADELPHIA FOR FURTHER PROCESSING."

Recently they responded me with the following email:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The information you provided will be included in your
case file."

I'll call them tomorrow and find out if they did the transfer yet...

Hello capeolive,

Good luck tomorrow. I hope they can give you good news that your DV file has been mailed.

Hi gdh,
Transfer of which file you are talking about?
--- DV Package you sent to Chicago and transferred to NBC?
--- Diversity visa case file at KCC?
--- Pending EB AOS application at a service center?

Sorry, I have a pending EB case and my IO said it would take between 1-2 weeks to order my A file from the National Center.

Hello gdh,
I understand that you are talking about your EB file not being transferred to your Local Office, right? Where is your EB case being processed? My EB file was stuck at the Texas Service Center, I called them and I explained my situation (a DV case being on hold waiting for the EB file to be transferred), the officer took the case in his hands and 2 days later my file was transferred. You should do the same. If your file is at Texas Service Center, the phone number is (214) 962-2626. Capeolive provided me with this phone number.
Good luck and please keep us posted!

Yeah, that's what I want to do too just to make sure the files are being transferred. My IO said the file is at the National Center, not sure if that's the same as the Texas Center.

Even if I can't help, I understand your situation man. But you must be positive, you have your EAD and can use it until you get your cards. It was very smart of you to apply for EADs as well.
I think getting your cards is just a matter of time. I am sure everything will be fine.

Thank you Ahad. I know your card is on its way. :)

We got welcome letters for me and my son (derivatives). We still need to get one for my wife (principal applicant).

Hi gdh,

I think there might be a misunderstanding.

There is a National Benefits Center in Missouri where
DV Packages we send to Chicago are forwarded.
They send this files to local USCIS offices for interview.

KCC also has DV case files of the applicants.
They also send these files to local offices.

If you have pending AOS, these files are sent to
local USCIS offices upon request by local offices.
Transfer of pending AOS files A-files sometimes take time.

I think in this case give them at least 30 days.
You might get it within this time frame if not
you can call the holding office (TSC or others)

Sorry, I have a pending EB case and my IO said it would take between 1-2 weeks to order my A file from the National Center.

What kind of supportive evidence does a sponsor need to provide?
It is only the last income tax return and the letter from the bank where the sponsor has deposits, stating the date the account was opened, amount deposited in the last year, and present balance? That's all it says in the Instructions for I-134, Affidavit of Support.
Are there any other documents needed?
Thanks.

It is only the last income tax return and the letter from the bank where the sponsor has deposits, stating the date the account was opened, amount deposited in the last year, and present balance? That's all it says in the Instructions for I-134, Affidavit of Support.
Thanks.
Copy of the green card or passport (if citizen) of the sponsor. Remember that case when they asked for copy of sponsor's green card in couple hours? Don't take that chance. Good luck.

We got welcome letters for me and my son (derivatives). We still need to get one for my wife (principal applicant).

Congrats Ahad, My spouse has been getting everything I get a day after me. He always jokes by saying: I hate that you get to be happy a day before me :)

Hi everybody,
There is an update on my case:
As you know I have been trying to get KCC to transfer my DV case file
to my local USCIS office. The last email I sent them was in short as follows:

"SINCE I AM THE ONLY MEMBER OF MY FAMILY DOING AOS IN US, PLEASE
TRANSFER MY FILE TO USCIS PHILADELPHIA FOR FURTHER PROCESSING."

Recently they responded me with the following email:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The information you provided will be included in your
case file."

I'll call them tomorrow and find out if they did the transfer yet...

Well that's a good sign. I'm glad someone is on it and I hope they follow through with it all the way. I'll keep praying for you.

Hey guys,

I got a text message on my phone today about my case update and I went online to see what it was about. It says card production ordered!!! :)

Hi x2010x,

Plus:

--- For citizens copy of passport, for permanent residents copy of green card
--- Employment letter of the person
--- If the person owns a house document about that etc.

you can check the following website it is about I-864 but they are similar forms.
Don't forget not to present the form unless you are asked for it...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html

Thanks.

Thanks Norkira.
I need extra prayers these days...

I take it your husband is not expecting to get the card before you...

Well that's a good sign. I'm glad someone is on it and I hope they follow through with it all the way. I'll keep praying for you.