• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi i2009,

I think in my case Philadelphia Field Office is waiting for my file from KCC
to schedule me for an interview.

Since I just re-emailed KCC with my DOB today and also sent them a letter
via FedEx just tonight. I am planning to wait until Thursday to call them
unless I receive an email from them before.

After I call them if my file still is not transferred I will use a contact info
somebody in the forum provided me. I thank this person. I still hope
I won't have to use this info. I hope they send my file soon...

Thank you for your encouraging words though.

Hello capeolive,

I know of a couple of people that had their interview in Philadelphia recently and they got their GCs in a little less than 10 days. I am pretty sure that your case will move smoothly. Just keep a positive attitude, you will be receiving your interview letter pretty soon. I am sure about it!

I suggest that you call KCC tomorrow and see if they got your new email and if everything is alright.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Capeolive and everybody,

I currently live in Richmond, Ca and I've done biometrics at Oakland, CA.
I apply with F1 status and I think my number is current already; CN2010AS000199xx.
So, would you mind to help be a little bit and I will mail to KCC and USCIS to ask for my case.

Regards,

Hello zimboho,

You can call USCIS (usually it doesn't help) or
call KCC and find out if your file was transferred to
your local USCIS office.

If you add your signature; like where you are applying from,
when your number was current etc. we can help you better...

Hi, Zimboho,

I am afraid that your number is not current yet and I guess that's why you case got stuck. The May cutoff for Asia is 16400 if you check the visa bulletin.

I apply with F1 status and I think my number is current already; CN2010AS000199xx.
So, would you mind to help be a little bit and I will mail to KCC and USCIS to ask for my case.

Regards,

Hi All
Toady i recievd an e-mail for USCIS for Card Prroduction Order
On April 13, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.
Hopfully that everyone one get his card soon
and Thanks to all of you

Hi All
and Thanks to all of you

Congrats houselight75,
FYI my spouse and I have both received two such updates - 3 days apart. Don't know if the first one means they ordered it, and the second they shipped it...whatever the case might be, but it's a little confusing. I hope to find out what it means this week :)

Hi zimboho,

When did you send your DV package to Chicago Lockbox?

The cut-off number for Asia will be 19,550 in June which
means your number most likely will be current in July.
Under these conditions I don't think you will get any
interview before July. Even if you do they cannot grant you
a card before your number is current...

Regards,

Congratulations houselight75.
I hope you get your actual card soon...

Hi All
and Thanks to all of you

Just checked my mailbox on da way home frm skool. still nth except some credit card bills n coupons!!! Still waiting for the biometrics appointment letter. I heard somebody had the biom appointment on the NOA. But in mine they only say we will notify abt dat!!! its hard to wait!!! Still 24 hrs for the next mail to deliver!! Hope it got something!!!

Just checked my mailbox on da way home frm skool. still nth except some credit card bills n coupons!!! Still waiting for the biometrics appointment letter. I heard somebody had the biom appointment on the NOA. But in mine they only say we will notify abt dat!!! its hard to wait!!! Still 24 hrs for the next mail to deliver!! Hope it got something!!!
nepal2010,
I understand your feelings, still, I strongly recommend you to be more patient and advice not to build your expectations based on exceptional cases like getting bio appointment on NOA or getting a GC without an interview.
Look at other people's time-frames on their signatures and chose longer ones (or an average ones if you are really an optimist) to build your expectations upon.
That adrenaline rush you get from the excitement of expectation is great, it feeds your body with endorphin and makes you feel excited, however, don't let the anxiety of anticipation completely overtake you. Because if your case will move slowly, it can cause severe stress and depression.
This is my friendly advice to you.

Hi friends,

There is an update on my case (this time it is mysterious)
When I searched the case status of my old I-485 Application I got the following info:

Decision
On February 24, 2010, we mailed a notice acknowledging withdrawal of this application or petition I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of February 24, 2010, contact our customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If at some point in the future you wish to pursue the benefits provided by this application or petition, you must file a new application along with all applicable fees and evidence.

which is normal because I withdrew my application.

But when I searched the case status of my old I-824 (Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) which is a related application (which I thought would be closed automatically) for my family to my old I-485 application I got the following info:

Initial Review
On March 4, 2010, we transferred this case I824 APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION to our PHILADELPHIA, PA location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I decided to call USCIS since I did not receive any notice. I was also thinking there might be a slight possibility that this could be due to Philadelphia Field Office requesting my A-File. I called USCIS as in most of the cases I also was read the screen only, no questions answered. But I was at least able to put a service request on it. I am waiting on the outcome. I hope it turns out to be something good...

Hi capeolive,
So sorry to hear that. But you have to stay positive.
The good thing is that you still have a time. So as a last option you can write appeal and try to find help from someone that is on the higher position.
It's obviously that you know what are you doing, so I'm not worried about you, I'm sure you'll have your green cards soon. Cross fingers for you......

Thanks Capeolive,

I send my package to Chicago in Dec last year.
I was check the visa bulletin and in June the number will be cut off at 19,550. That's mean my number should be in July, hopefully.

Regards,

Hi zimboho,

When did you send your DV package to Chicago Lockbox?

The cut-off number for Asia will be 19,550 in June which
means your number most likely will be current in July.
Under these conditions I don't think you will get any
interview before July. Even if you do they cannot grant you
a card before your number is current...

Don't worry nepal2010!!! You'll get it soon. It's up to your office, how busy they are........ So keep waiting. I know it's hard but you'll get it soon.......

Zimboho,
It's good they didn't send you back application, cause you sent veeeeery early . So now you just have to wait, for me that's the hardest part, but...........
Good luck!!!

Anybody knows why won't the text and email updates from USCIS stop coming? I got 3 different one saying that my card production has been ordered, and today I got one more saying my approval letter has been mailed, when in fact I got it last week. Also, my case moved from card production "button" to the "Post Decision Activity". Same thing is happening to my spouse. So weird...and confusing. I wish they just mailed the card once and forever, instead of sending the same updates over and over again. The date since last worked on my application has been changing daily, too. I wonder if one notification means card ordered, next, card finished, 3rd card mailed...and so on. Anyone had similar scenario???

Hang in there. You just got your NOA last week.
Give it a little more time. Sometimes you get
the Bio late but interview soon after. In average
from the time you send your DV package the whole
thing takes 3 months.. Give or take one month...