• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thank you so much.
I already checked online and my case status still in acceptance almost 3 months. I just registered online for my case update.
I'm very concern about my case.

Hi friends,

There is an update on my case (this time it is mysterious)
When I searched the case status of my old I-485 Application I got the following info:

Decision
On February 24, 2010, we mailed a notice acknowledging withdrawal of this application or petition I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of February 24, 2010, contact our customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If at some point in the future you wish to pursue the benefits provided by this application or petition, you must file a new application along with all applicable fees and evidence.

which is normal because I withdrew my application.

But when I searched the case status of my old I-824 (Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) which is a related application (which I thought would be closed automatically) for my family to my old I-485 application I got the following info:

Initial Review
On March 4, 2010, we transferred this case I824 APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION to our PHILADELPHIA, PA location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I decided to call USCIS since I did not receive any notice. I was also thinking there might be a slight possibility that this could be due to Philadelphia Field Office requesting my A-File. I called USCIS as in most of the cases I also was read the screen only, no questions answered. But I was at least able to put a service request on it. I am waiting on the outcome. I hope it turns out to be something good...

Hello capeolive,

Thanks for the update. I think that there is nothing to worry about, the I-824 can't progress any further if the originating process has been withdrawn. The fact that the file has been sent to Philadelphia is great news because the A-File must be in the officer's desk for adjudication. It looks like the Officer will have everything s/he needs to approve your case right away during your interview.

Good luck, your interview letter should arrive pretty soon!

Hello zimboho,

You can call USCIS (usually it doesn't help) or
call KCC and find out if your file was transferred to
your local USCIS office.

If you add your signature; like where you are applying from,
when your number was current etc. we can help you better...

Hello everyone,

I've done my biometrics since Jan 19, 2010. But now I never get any update, I think I should get something from them. What should I have to do next? Following my case status or else?
Please anyone help me, I am very concern about that.

Thanks,

wow Norkia you must be lucky person..........with out interview ? i mean it is smooth interview for almost to every body but not to have much stress if you know you will get your Green card with out interview
Good for you and congra !!!!

I'd try to give them a call. Did you sign up online for text and/or email status updates? If not, I'd do that first.(https://egov/uscis.gov and enter your NOA case number). If you are signed up and nothing changed from acceptance or the date of the file before you click on it, I'd give them a call to see what's delaying or just make sure everything's ok with your file. I have heard that your should receive an update in 2-3 days after your biometrics. I got mine 4 days later. Good luck.

Hello Capeolive

am sorry what happen.........i really do not know if it is right .........but if they want you to pay for your family to transfer your file to local office ,
What do not you pay ? and you can deal with them later after your interivew..........your family can show the receipt to do CP
i believe you don't to wast any time. Same time you will ask IQ on your interivew day what you have to do .

If i were you i will do that............What do you think

Hi friends,

There is an update on my case (this time it is mysterious)
When I searched the case status of my old I-485 Application I got the following info:

Decision
On February 24, 2010, we mailed a notice acknowledging withdrawal of this application or petition I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of February 24, 2010, contact our customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If at some point in the future you wish to pursue the benefits provided by this application or petition, you must file a new application along with all applicable fees and evidence.

which is normal because I withdrew my application.

But when I searched the case status of my old I-824 (Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) which is a related application (which I thought would be closed automatically) for my family to my old I-485 application I got the following info:

Initial Review
On March 4, 2010, we transferred this case I824 APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION to our PHILADELPHIA, PA location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I decided to call USCIS since I did not receive any notice. I was also thinking there might be a slight possibility that this could be due to Philadelphia Field Office requesting my A-File. I called USCIS as in most of the cases I also was read the screen only, no questions answered. But I was at least able to put a service request on it. I am waiting on the outcome. I hope it turns out to be something good...

Hello fitness901,

I did what I was suppose to do in the matter,
they just overlook the information I provided them.
First notification letter KCC sent stated the following:

"Family members living overseas will pay the diversity visa fee at the
embassy/consulate where they will receive their visa. The fee for these
family members must not be paid in the United States."

Also DV Fee that is paid overseas is $775 and paid at the embassy,
not $375 that is paid here for AOS. I did my part, am waiting...

Hello Capeolive

am sorry what happen.........i really do not know if it is right .........but if they want you to pay for your family to transfer your file to local office ,
What do not you pay ? and you can deal with them later after your interivew..........your family can show the receipt to do CP
i believe you don't to wast any time. Same time you will ask IQ on your interivew day what you have to do .

If i were you i will do that............What do you think

Hi fellow posters,

There is an update on my case.

KCC answered my email about requesting transfer of my file to local USCIS:

"Thank you for your inquiry.
When inquiring about the status of your case, you are required to provide your full name, complete case number, and date of birth.
For security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information."

In short they say that since I did not provided my date of birth in my email the cannot reveal any information to me.
I never sent them my date of birth with my emails before and they answered my mails previously.

Anyways I sent them another email with my date of birth requesting transfer of my case since
I am the only one of the family doing AOS in US. I will also send a letter of request via FedEx tonight...

OH okay it make sense ,May be your file is on the hand of some one who do not know how it work.
i hope they got you mail and emails soon.

My best wish to you

Hello fitness901,

I did what I was suppose to do in the matter,
they just overlook the information I provided them.
First notification letter KCC sent stated the following:

"Family members living overseas will pay the diversity visa fee at the
embassy/consulate where they will receive their visa. The fee for these
family members must not be paid in the United States."

Also DV Fee that is paid overseas is $775 and paid at the embassy,
not $375 that is paid here for AOS. I did my part, am waiting...

capeolive, I really hope that your case will move faster, I think you deserve it just like anyone else.

hey guys,
do nybody know abt the case of linda and yaku. They already have their interview bt i didn't see ny update. I might have missed their posts!!!

hey guys,
do nybody know abt the case of linda and yaku. They already have their interview bt i didn't see ny update. I might have missed their posts!!!

We haven't heard from Linda in a while, last time she wrote in here she hadn't received her interview, but Yaku got CPO for his card I think.

I hope all's well with Linda. Hani too, she never wrote anything after her interview, hope she got her stuff sorted!

All the best to the rest in waiting!

Hi guys,

Congratulations to those who got their green cards recently. I have 2 weeks and 2 days till my interview.
I just wanted to ask smth about my case status.
For the I-485 the case status is still Acceptance, and for the employment authorisation is Initial Review. Should it be like this? Just asking because I see people are worried about not getting updates on their cases. I did not sign for e-mail updates yet. I check my case status on theUSCIS website.The last update was on March 4, when they let me know they received the payment for my applications. Since then nothing changed. I had my biometrics on March 24.

Also, I received the interview appointment letter from the Chicago Field Office. Does that mean they have my file from Kentucky?
Thank you.

DV2010EU25XXX (Chicago,IL)
5/20/09: 1st NL from KKC
7/30/09: 2nd NL from KKC
8/20/09: Medical ex done
2/25/10: AOS package sent to Chicago (case nr current in April)
03/06/10: 2 NOA received
03/11/10: Biometrics Appointment received for 03/24/10
03/24/10: Biometrics done
03/24/10: Interview Appointment Notice received for 04/28/10

Hi guys,

Congratulations to those who got their green cards recently. I have 2 weeks and 2 days till my interview.
For the I-485 the case status is still Acceptance, and for the employment authorisation is Initial Review. Should it be like this? Just asking because I see people are worried about not getting updates on their cases. I did not sign for e-mail updates yet. I check my case status on theUSCIS website.The last update was on March 4, when they let me know they received the payment for my applications. Since then nothing changed. I had my biometrics on March 24.

Also, I received the interview appointment letter from the Chicago Field Office. Does that mean they have my file from Kentucky?
Thank you.

Hello x2010x,

The case status is not reliable and, I think for most of us, has remained as in "Acceptance" throughout all the process and until the card production is ordered. In my case, checking my cases statuses only serves the purpose of making me more nervous.

I thought that your Local Office was Chicago, am I wrong? Please notice that Chicago Lockbox is not Chicago Field Office.

Good luck!

Oops! sorry, I was busy and I did not read your question right. My bad. I am pretty sure that they got your file. Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your good wishes Ahad.
The thing worries me the most is timing.
Since I will apply overseas for my family
after getting (hopefully) my card and
everything must be finalized by 9/30/2010.

capeolive, I really hope that your case will move faster, I think you deserve it just like anyone else.

Hi x2010x,

The case status system is not reliable, not yet anyways.
Usually you get an update after biometrics and don't get
any more updates until after interview.

You can call KCC to find out if they transferred your case
to your local office. Receiving interview appointment does not
necessarily mean your file has been transferred. Rarely
when they do the interview they say that they cannot approve
the person because they have to wait until they get the file from KCC.

Just call KCC to be on the safer side...

Hi guys,

Thank you.

Thank you for your good wishes Ahad.
The thing worries me the most is timing.
Since I will apply overseas for my family
after getting (hopefully) my card and
everything must be finalized by 9/30/2010.

Hello capeolive,

I know of a couple of people that had their interview in Philadelphia recently and they got their GCs in a little less than 10 days. I am pretty sure that your case will move smoothly. Just keep a positive attitude, you will be receiving your interview letter pretty soon. I am sure about it!

I suggest that you call KCC tomorrow and see if they got your new email and if everything is alright.

Good luck!

Thanks capeolive.
One more question. I already asked it before, but I start worrying again when I think about it. I didn't find a sponsor yet and time is flying. I have a job offer, job that states that I can start working as soon as a work permit or gren card is available to me. This job is not very well paid, around 15,000/year. But I also have $15,000 in savings. Will this be enough? Can they deny my case if they ask for an affidavit of support and I don't have it?

Hi x2010x,

To get more info about poverty guidelines you can check:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html

If they go by the book your income wouldn't be enough.
Though in most of the cases they don't ask for I-134.
If they do and you don't have it they will provide you
additional time (usually 30 days) to get it.

Just do what you can.
Don't worry for the things that you cannot do.
Be positive and pray for the best outcome...

Thanks capeolive.
One more question. I already asked it before, but I start worrying again when I think about it. I didn't find a sponsor yet and time is flying. I have a job offer, job that states that I can start working as soon as a work permit or gren card is available to me. This job is not very well paid, around 15,000/year. But I also have $15,000 in savings. Will this be enough? Can they deny my case if they ask for an affidavit of support and I don't have it?