• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thanks new one...

Hi capeolive,
So sorry to hear that. But you have to stay positive.
The good thing is that you still have a time. So as a last option you can write appeal and try to find help from someone that is on the higher position.
It's obviously that you know what are you doing, so I'm not worried about you, I'm sure you'll have your green cards soon. Cross fingers for you......

Hi Norkira,

You focus on your cards for now.
I cannot use any appropriate adjectives here for the update system...

Anybody knows why won't the text and email updates from USCIS stop coming? I got 3 different one saying that my card production has been ordered, and today I got one more saying my approval letter has been mailed, when in fact I got it last week. Also, my case moved from card production "button" to the "Post Decision Activity". Same thing is happening to my spouse. So weird...and confusing. I wish they just mailed the card once and forever, instead of sending the same updates over and over again. The date since last worked on my application has been changing daily, too. I wonder if one notification means card ordered, next, card finished, 3rd card mailed...and so on. Anyone had similar scenario???

Thanks capolive and newone!! We all are waiting thoughfor diff things. Some want their cut off numbers to get current. Some r waiting for their check to het cashed, some for noa, biom, interview, welcome letter.........itsreally interesting!!!

Hi Norkira,

You focus on your cards for now.
I cannot use any appropriate adjectives here for the update system...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my case, so far I've been very blessed, I'm just curious as to why so many text/email updates for the same thing ... I basically wanna know what's cooking over at USCIS :)

I m currently on f1 status. I talk with some people who run small business here in dallas. They r willing to hire me after i get the green card n they can give me a confirmation letter to show in the interview. Do you think that is going to help. Can dat letter prove i wont be public charge later. I m 20 yrs old n currently unemployed(coz i can't wrk now). Or i still need the i134.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my case, so far I've been very blessed, I'm just curious as to why so many text/email updates for the same thing ... I basically wanna know what's cooking over at USCIS :)

They obviously like informing some applicants over and over and seem to forget others. :p

On April 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Please, God, don't let me go insane before I have this card in my hands safely and securely.

If they go by the book you need an I-134.
Fortunately in most of the cases they don't ask for it.
Even if they do they will give you additional time to get it.
Just do what is in your power and pray...

I m currently on f1 status. I talk with some people who run small business here in dallas. They r willing to hire me after i get the green card n they can give me a confirmation letter to show in the interview. Do you think that is going to help. Can dat letter prove i wont be public charge later. I m 20 yrs old n currently unemployed(coz i can't wrk now). Or i still need the i134.

What else you want.
I know, you want the green.
It is on its way to you.
Now let's pray that USPS does not downsize any further...

You are so close to it, just little more patience...

yes, but I won't relax until I have that card in my hands.

Thank you capeolive and 2010FORME.
I hope and pray that our cards are on their way to their rightful owners.

Hi x2010x

Just noticed we have the same interview date 4/28/10. Yes it sure feels like a count down to the date. I keep reminding myself I need to relax and yes its not so easy doing so.

I think its best not to look at the case status. Like everyone has said from past experience this online status is just not updated on a timely basis and only confuses us more than anything else.

I would suggest you could call KCC to reconfirm that they have sent your file. This way you go for the interview knowing your file is in the hands of the IO.

Hi guys,

Congratulations to those who got their green cards recently. I have 2 weeks and 2 days till my interview.
I just wanted to ask smth about my case status.
For the I-485 the case status is still Acceptance, and for the employment authorisation is Initial Review. Should it be like this? Just asking because I see people are worried about not getting updates on their cases. I did not sign for e-mail updates yet. I check my case status on theUSCIS website.The last update was on March 4, when they let me know they received the payment for my applications. Since then nothing changed. I had my biometrics on March 24.

Also, I received the interview appointment letter from the Chicago Field Office. Does that mean they have my file from Kentucky?
Thank you.

DV2010EU25XXX (Chicago,IL)
5/20/09: 1st NL from KKC
7/30/09: 2nd NL from KKC
8/20/09: Medical ex done
2/25/10: AOS package sent to Chicago (case nr current in April)
03/06/10: 2 NOA received
03/11/10: Biometrics Appointment received for 03/24/10
03/24/10: Biometrics done
03/24/10: Interview Appointment Notice received for 04/28/10

Hi guys,

For the I-485 the case status is still Acceptance, and for the employment authorisation is Initial Review. Should it be like this? Just asking because I see people are worried about not getting updates on their cases.
I don't think you should worry at all. Our cases stayed at acceptance level until it jumped to the last one.
In my personal opinion, it is better NOT to be for your status within these two last stages, because they usually involve request for further evidence type of thing which is not desirable.

As usual, many many good news here. Congrats to all who had successful interviews, got their green cards or even got welcome letter without an interview! Unfortunately, I'm not being as lucky with my case. The 1-2 weeks my IO mentioned has come and gone and no sign of my file being transferred. Anybody has the phone number for the National Center?

Hi gdh,

Transfer of which file you are talking about?

--- DV Package you sent to Chicago and transferred to NBC?
--- Diversity visa case file at KCC?
--- Pending EB AOS application at a service center?

As usual, many many good news here. Congrats to all who had successful interviews, got their green cards or even got welcome letter without an interview! Unfortunately, I'm not being as lucky with my case. The 1-2 weeks my IO mentioned has come and gone and no sign of my file being transferred. Anybody has the phone number for the National Center?

Anybody knows why won't the text and email updates from USCIS stop coming? I got 3 different one saying that my card production has been ordered, and today I got one more saying my approval letter has been mailed, when in fact I got it last week. Also, my case moved from card production "button" to the "Post Decision Activity". Same thing is happening to my spouse. So weird...and confusing. I wish they just mailed the card once and forever, instead of sending the same updates over and over again. The date since last worked on my application has been changing daily, too. I wonder if one notification means card ordered, next, card finished, 3rd card mailed...and so on. Anyone had similar scenario???

Don't worry about that, just be happy) I had the same and as I understood it means that they sent you your GC, they just don't have the next step to let people know that they sent their card) So it's gonna be in your mail box in 2-3 days!!! Good luck!!!