• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi fitness901,

There are two basic ways to adjust status after winning the DV Lottery.
The first way is through Consular Processing overseas.
The second way is through Adjustment of Status in US.
There is also a third way to do it in this case the lottery winner lives in US
and cannot or prefer not to leave US and he has family that cannot
come to US. In this case first the DV lottery winner adjust status in US
and after he gets his green card he then applies for his family overseas at a US
consulate what is called a Follow-to-Join Diversity Visa application.
Of course everything must be done by the deadline of September 30.

Good morning Capeolive

It is real good news it requested !!!.........April is tommorow ,so soon you will get your interview date.

Good luck.......i was wonder thug how it work for your family ,they doing CP while you here.........it is new to me please explian to me

Thanks

Hi i2009,

Philadelphia Field Office actually do some good deeds indeed.
Yes, I have already paid it for myself in August 2009.

That Phila has requested your DV file is really good news capeolive. I did not know that the KCC can't transfer the DV file before the case number becomes current. That's interesting to know. Thanks for the information.

When I started reading your post I thought that it was wrong that you needed to send the DV fees for the CP applicants. Then I read that you found it out that it was incorrect.

Have you sent the payment for yourself already? If not, do it as soon as possible because it will delay your case.

Best of luck!

Thank you i2009!!!
You are reallya great support!!! I wish I could help you to move your case faster! I'm with you!!! I know everything will be good with your case and you'll hear good news soon!!!

Thanks middle.com,

I really am starting to get paranoid about my case. Now I have read that going to a congressman may not be a good idea because the DHS does not like to be pushed and some claim that their cases were in a worst situation after the congressman's intervention. I guess I have to wait, nothing can be done, I think?

I too feel like we are a big family and I find support coming to the forum and seeing that others are doing great.

Keep around!

Hi i2009,

Philadelphia Field Office actually do some good deeds indeed.
Yes, I have already paid it for myself in August 2009.

Great capeolive! I hope you get your interview letter soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Best of luck!

Hi oceu,

It seems that you have sufficient time to do AOS but you have to act efficiently.
Did you get your I-693 for instance? They do the DV cases expedited, the processing times
for your field office do not mean much. But unfortunately things take rather longer in
New York or Los Angeles. As I said they do DV cases expedited towards the end of the fiscal year
they send almost everything via FedEx or UPS.

Where was your Field Office?

hi i2009,

Thanks again for the information. My case number was current in the previous month. I will be submitting the forms and documents and wait for the intermediate procedures. Hopefully, if there are no problems, it will move within a sufficient time frame. My biggest worry is whether my submitting the forms back to KCC just now will add additional time for the processing to start.

I have talked with two lawyers, one told me that I should do adjustment of status and with a very high probability, it will be completed in time. The other lawyer told me that I should consider consular processing just in case because he knows of some cases that don't go through on time in adjustment of status. At this point, I want to believe the first would be the case and if within two three months, there is not much progress than try to shift to consular processing.

When I checked the processing times for my field office it states that the processing time frame is end of september 2009, and an "as of jan 31" date indicated above. I think this probably means at the end of january, the most recent case that was processes was sent in end of september which suggests a 4 month period. I was wondering if this is a correct way to make an estimate.

Thanks Capeolive i really don't have any idea ,you could able to do that..............this we talking about is your wife/husband and kids ?
Good luck to them too.........So do you think you have enough time for them after your green card ,
Have you thought about to do consular processing with your family ?

Good luck to all

and after he gets his green card he then applies for his family overseas at a US
Of course everything must be done by the deadline of September 30.[/QUOTE]

Hi leongsce,

In order to switch between AOS and Consular Processing or vice versa you have to call KCC
and get instructions their number is 606-526-7500.
I know this from a person that was living here.
After winning the DV Lottery that year he decides to do AOS
then he finds out that AOS is risky for him and he calls KCC and switches to CP
afterwards he sees that he'll be current before he expects he calls KCC and switches to AOS for the last time.
He got his card through AOS that year.

But as far as I know switching between AOS and CP takes about 2 months
and AOS fees are non-refundable.

In either case the deadline is September 30...

hi i2009,
i was wondering if you can share with me what is the process for switching from aos to cp?
i have not submitted anything for aos yet, as my cn is not current (2010as25xxx). but i have letter from kcc to state that i intended to do aos.
as we approach closer to the end of the sept deadline, i am worried that doing aos will take too long and asia's progress in rank numbers is very slow.
your advice and opinion will be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi middle.com,

Congratulations on receiving your green card.
I am happy for you that your journey is over.
I hope the card you got brings happiness to you.

Is the card green enough for you?

Hi everybody!!!!

I have good news!!!

I got my Creen Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yehhhhhhhh)))

Thank you very much for your help and support!!!! They really help!!!!! Good luck to everyone who waits for the Welcome letters, for those who wait for their interviews, biometrics, NOA. Good luck to everybody!!!!

Hey guys, here is the result of my interview yesterday:

Congratulations shasha88, very happy for you. Glad to hear that the Affidavit of Support that you took worked fine. Your journey is almost over. Let us know when you receive your CPO and your welcome letter.

Hi fitness901,

I think I have about enough time.
I have no other option though.
I am legal here conditionally
if I leave before getting my card
I cannot enter here for 10 years...

I have a wife and 2 sons who are taller than me now,
and I am not short...

Thanks Capeolive i really don't have any idea ,you could able to do that..............this we talking about is your wife/husband and kids ?
Good luck to them too.........So do you think you have enough time for them after your green card ,
Have you thought about to do consular processing with your family ?

Good luck to all

Of course everything must be done by the deadline of September 30.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there on time. She came in and introduced herself to me as well as I did. we went to her office. She had all my previously submitted documents handy in front of her and she asked me random questions from those forms, such as what is your dad's name, birth date, etc. She also asked me questions about Part 3 of I-485 - violence, crime, kidnapping - which I answered NO to these questions. She asked do I want to stay and work in the U.S. and I said YES. She asked for my original Birth Certificate which I had it ready. At the end she asked me if I have any supporting documents to go with my case and I pulled out my letter of Affidavit of Employee from my manager and my Official Transcripts that I am a student. She looked at them and said "I think I have everything that I need and I am gonna go ahead and give you your Green Card and you should receive it in about two weeks" !!!!!!!!!! I thanked her very much and asked her couple questions about the Green Card and came home very happyyyyyyyyyyy....By the way I am doing it at the State of Montana and the lady was very nice and friendly during the interview...I hope you guys gonna get yours too...Good luck guys...

Hi shasha88,

Congratulations on your successful interview.
I hope you get your actual card soon
and it brings something positive to your life.

If you don't mind would you add your signature
it will be helpful to the future applicants.
Like what month you were current,
when you sent your DV package to Chicago,
when you got your NOA's,
Interview we know March 30, 2010
and your Field Office, Please.

Thanks, congratulations again...

I was there on time. She came in and introduced herself to me as well as I did. we went to her office. She had all my previously submitted documents handy in front of her and she asked me random questions from those forms, such as what is your dad's name, birth date, etc. She also asked me questions about Part 3 of I-485 - violence, crime, kidnapping - which I answered NO to these questions. She asked do I want to stay and work in the U.S. and I said YES. She asked for my original Birth Certificate which I had it ready. At the end she asked me if I have any supporting documents to go with my case and I pulled out my letter of Affidavit of Employee from my manager and my Official Transcripts that I am a student. She looked at them and said "I think I have everything that I need and I am gonna go ahead and give you your Green Card and you should receive it in about two weeks" !!!!!!!!!! I thanked her very much and asked her couple questions about the Green Card and came home very happyyyyyyyyyyy....By the way I am doing it at the State of Montana and the lady was very nice and friendly during the interview...I hope you guys gonna get yours too...Good luck guys...

Congrats, Shasha. Allah is great! I hope you receive your card soon.

Hi guys,

Update on my case. I emailed and called KCC.
On the phone they told me that the letter they sent me was just
a letter they sent automatically (but it was something they filled
out by hand, my number etc.) and not to worry about anything.
I said thank you and hung up.
Before even making the call I decided to FedEx them a letter of
"Request of Transfer of Diversity Visa Case to USCIS Philadelphia Field Office"
I sent my letter via FedEx, they will receive it tomorrow.
It seems like they have no reason not to transfer the file as of tomorrow...

I congratulate again the people who got their cards.
And the fellow applicants who are still in the process
each and and every one of you you have my best wishes...

Hi guys,

I have an update about my case. I received a letter via FedEx from KCC dated March 29, 2010.
My case number will be current in April 1, 2010. I am posting it so that it might help some applicants.
The letter reads approximately as follows:

"Adjustment of Status Mail Form

USCIS has requested that your File to be forwarded to the immigration office for further processing.
The Department of State requires as follows:

1. Lottery Rank number be current and
2. Diversity Visa fees be paid prior to a transfer to USCIS

Before your case can be transferred to USCIS and continue to process you must pay
$375 per person."

And they want me to pay 3 X $375 for my family members whom do not live here.
I will, after getting my card, apply for them as a "follow-to-join" diversity visa application overseas.
After my researches I had found out that I didn't have to pay for my family members
because they were not doing AOS here and I already paid $375 for myself.
I think in that regard they made a mistake by asking me for the payment for
my family members. I'll call them tomorrow before taking any actions.

Good news is Philadelphia Field Office has requested my diversity visa case file.

I kind of new this: Not so good news for early applicants; even if everything is ready
and your files are requested they won't transfer the files before your number is current.
But there are still a lot of advantages of early filing. New applicants, keep early filing...

I'll let you know how things turn out...

Hi Ahad,

Before I wrap it up: Indeed I did not forget you.
You have my best wishes for your interview tomorrow.
I hope everything goes smooth for you and your family.
I am praying for you guys...

Yesterday I received two emails, one for me and one for my wife, stating that they ordered card production for our EAD cards.

And today, we had our interview. First, I apologize for the long post, there's a short version on the bottom in case you're not interested in or don't have time for the details. :)

Detailed Version

My wife and I had the appointment in the Orlando, FL office at 7:30AM. We arrived there at around 6:50AM and the office was closed. Due to a bathroom emergency we had to visit a Walgreens close by and by the time we got back, the office was open and there was a big line to get through security. We had to take off our shoes, belts, etc. It would have been nice if they had carpet. :) Anyways, we got through security at about 7:40. We were told to submit our appointment letters to window 9. There they told us to sit down and they'll call us. As we sat down, the lady came out and called our names. :)

She was very nice and pleasant. She led us into her office and we sat down. She asked for our passports, IDs and the EAD cards. We told her we don't have the new EAD cards yet so I gave her the old one from OPT. She checked the documents and then we took the oath. Then she started to go through my file first. She checked my name, address, etc, asked me all the questions in I-485. She also matched the passports to the copy we submitted with the application. Then she asked me if I ever applied to permanent residency before. I told her about the EB-3 case and she was surprised. Once she was done with my file, she repeated the same process with my wife.

She asked me if someone helped me prepare the files because it was very well organized. :) Big thanks to you guys! So I told her that I got help from an online forum. :)

She said that everything looks fine and this is a very simple case, however, because of the other application, she will have to order my files from the National Center. She said it usually takes one to two weeks to order a file and then I should expect my green card in another two weeks. I asked her if I'll get any notification when the files arrive and she said no. I told her that I know someone who's been waiting for the files to be transferred for over a month. She was very nice, she said that she'll hold on to my current file and when the old files arrive, she'll give me a call (she took down my cell number). She also gave me her name and told me that if I don't hear back in two months, I should write her a letter or get an info pass.

After the interview she told us that in five years we can apply for citizenship and we talked a little bit about that. Then she walked us out and we left. All in all it was a successful interview but unfortunately, I too have to wait for my old files to be transferred.

Short Version

The interview was really smooth with a very pleasant IO but she couldn't approve our case until she orders my EB-3 case file. It looks like I'm joining i2009.

Hi Ahad,

I wish you a successful interview tomorrow. Everything's going to be fine and you'll finally be over and done with your part. After tomorrow, all you need to do is sit back and wait for your green card. :)