• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi guys!!!

I got my Welcome Notice today!!!)))))

I wish everybody Good Luck!!! Early or later everything will be good!!!

Congratulations middle.com. It took only 4 days since your interview, that was fast! Your card is on its way and should arrive soon!

Congrats Houselight, Ewroka and all the rest of ya all guys. I received the welcome letter 2 days ago and I just receicev my green card.

Thanks to God, it is now over. Good luck to all of you that are still in the process.

I got all the original documents from back home, safe and securely. I got medical forms in a sealed envelope from my civil surgeon, and I have prepared a letter from my university that is an income statement letter and a job offer letter at the same time. To my surprise they included the total amount they are giving me (including tuition) and the number is quite good, also the amount coming from the job offer for summer and fall is also adding more value to it. Total is looking quite good, actually making us look like a middle class rather than poverty line. I am happy about this. I think we are good to go and I hope we will have an easy interview....
gdh, good luch once again!

That's great news that you got all your original documents and even an income letter. You're all set for the interview. Good luck!

Congrats Houselight, Ewroka and all the rest of ya all guys. I received the welcome letter 2 days ago and I just receicev my green card.
Thanks to God, it is now over. Good luck to all of you that are still in the process.

Congratulations! Your journey is over. Hope it brings joy to your life.

That's great!!!!! My congratulations!!!

I didn't get any new updates yet) I hope to get something soon)))
I am glad for you that you have a letter and a job offer, I hope nobody won't ask you about that, but still it better to have all those paper) And it's a good news that your originals came!!! My parents also sent me all originals, but nobody even ask if I have them, I'm not talking even to show them))) So, I wish you the best!!! I know, waiting is the worse thing, but now we need to wait))) I keep my fingers crossed for you and gdh!!! Yours interviews are on their ways!!!
Thank you. I am hoping that our interview will be good, without any problems. I don't mind waiting, as long as it is for good.
Congratulations once again!

That's great news that you got all your original documents and even an income letter. You're all set for the interview. Good luck!

thank you gdh! less than a week left....i am sure u'r ready to it, all the best to you, please let us know about how it went afterwards!

Congrats congrats congrats to all of you who got the green cards, welcome letters, and interview appointments. So happy for you all :)
Best of luck to the rest who are still waiting...

Hi zapatos,

I am very happy to here that you finally got your card, congratulations...

As far as I am concerned you have 2 very important responsibilities to do:

1. Thank God because He is the One who gave it to you.
2. Write a complaint letter to USCIS and NY Field Office explaining what have happened.

Imagine that this IO treated other people same way before you and
just because nobody complained before she also interviewed you.
There are upcoming interviews in NY it is your responsibility
to do the right thing. Many people will be thankful.
It is just the right thing to do...

Congratulations on your miraculous card...

Last edited by a moderator:

Congratulations zapatos, finally the jurney is over. Very happy for you!

thank you gdh! less than a week left....i am sure u'r ready to it, all the best to you, please let us know about how it went afterwards!

I sure will. I'm going to work after the interview; I'll get home around 7PM EST. I'll post my experience then.

Hello Everybody,

I have been checking this forum from time to time. Because of personal circumstances, I had not decided to go for AOS; But now those circumstances have changed so I will proceed to my AOS. I know that I way behind in the process, but I going to do my best to make possible. With God's help of course.
Since I am very delayed in the process, I will appreciate any help in order to facilitate the preparation of documents; specifically if anybody can post or send me a private message with word file templates or scanned documents that I can use as a guide. Of course, you need to remove any personal information from those documents.
I feel kind of ashamed of myself of asking for that, but I am really in a hurry and I know this will be a very time-consuming process. Specially now-days that I am in the middle of the preparation for my dissertation defense.

Thanks very much to all of you, and God Bless you abundantly.

Hello scaraballo,

Welcome to the forum. I am not usually up at this hour
but since I am up I'll try to help you.

1. What is your status in US?
2. Did you send form DSP-122 to KCC?
3. Did you make payment of $375 to DOS?
4. Did you get your medical(I-693) done?

I need the answers in order to help you...

Hello Everybody,

I have been checking this forum from time to time. Because of personal circumstances, I had not decided to go for AOS; But now those circumstances have changed so I will proceed to my AOS. I know that I way behind in the process, but I going to do my best to make possible. With God's help of course.
Since I am very delayed in the process, I will appreciate any help in order to facilitate the preparation of documents; specifically if anybody can post or send me a private message with word file templates or scanned documents that I can use as a guide. Of course, you need to remove any personal information from those documents.
I feel kind of ashamed of myself of asking for that, but I am really in a hurry and I know this will be a very time-consuming process. Specially now-days that I am in the middle of the preparation for my dissertation defense.

Thanks very much to all of you, and God Bless you abundantly.

scaraballo,

I have to wrap it up for the night so I'll try to give you some more information:

1. You have to be legal here to be eligible to apply.

Before doing AOS you have to do the following:

2. Sending KCC form DSP-122.
3. Making a payment of $375 to DOS.
4. Getting medical exam done (I-693).

If you did these things I can give you more information tomorrow...

Finally done...

Hi guys,
I have been disconnected from this forum. I was tired, angry, frustrated and.... I better write my history of the last 3 weeks:

02/25/10: Went the the Appointment. Form the beginning she told us that she doesn't know why our case is on this office because we moved and now we are supposed to be attending to another office. Well, she continues and everything was smooth, everything normal but The officer "needed to verify that we have not been illegally at any moment in this country".. WT..??? Why if I have been under a H1B during 7 years and with a new renewal on the way.!!! Well, this is what she wanted. The I-94 was not sufficient nor the information that she found on the system about me. BTW, is Thursday afternoon, she doesn't work on Friday and Monday the office is closed, and because we moved recently, she will submit the case to the other office. :mad:

We waited one week and went to the new office (Infopass): the file have not been arrived. They told us that they will call or send a notification by mail in less than a week.
We waited again and nothing arrived the next two weeks. We took another Infopass on 03/26, and talked to a super nice Brazilian guy who was shocked when he heard our history and verified the case on the system. He notified the supervisor and we waited until they called us to talk. The supervisor explained to us that it was a gross mistake to put our case to wait because everything is OK and she was passing our folders to her best officer to proceed with our interview immediately. And there we go, talking to a grandma who was like an angel, and in less than 10 minutes they came with the verification of the visa availability and we have our passport stamped and all the information in the system. Finally the supervisor and an another lady came in to ask who was the officer and to tell them all the details about the first interview.

In the afternoon I received the confirmations via email from USCIS, then on Thursday the confirmation of card production and today Saturday we received the welcome letters. I guess next week we have our cards.

Moral of the story : Carry with you every single piece of paper that can be useful to demonstrate all the single points that they need to verify .