• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hey guys, I received the WELCOME NOTICE today!!! so the next mail is gonna be my Card :D:D

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can imagine how happy you're now))) It was 5 days to get it) I hope mine is on its way))) And my Officer said that green card will be produced in Nebraska Office, so we'll see how fast they work)

Thanks middle.com and new one,

Unfortunately there is not much I can do. The officer said that I should wait for 60 days and, if I don't hear from them, issue a service request or take another InfoPass. Of course I won't wait for 60 more days only to hear that I got to wait another 60 days for a note.

The Service Center won't give me any information, not to mention that it is hard to get hold of them directly. I did call the USCIS call center but they are useless, they only read whatever is in the online status.

I feel a little better knowing that my file is not lost somewhere and I am pretty sure that the Officer will approve my case as soon as he receives my file because he said so.

Thanks guys

Little more patience brother. What can I say
"sometimes USCIS works in mysterious ways"
Your journey has been rougher than most other
applicants but destination I believe will be the same.
But when you get your green card and weigh it with
other cards yours will be much heavier..

Just little more to go...

Ref: I applied for an employment-based AOS and my A-File is not in the Local Office. The Officer can't approve my case until the A-File is in the Local Office.

I got an InfoPass today and, as expected, the Officer was not helpful and, as expected, she told me to wait.

Anyway, I think that there was a good sign though. She said that the file transfer has been initiated. I asked her what does that mean and she explained that the file was requested in late November/09 but that it might has been processed and so it was withhold in the Service Center. That the file transfer has been initiated means that the file is now ready and in the process of being transferred.

I also asked if the file was lost and she denied it. She said that it is not lost, that it was withhold in the Service Center.

So, here I am "waiting...."

Hi everyone,
Just want to update my status and ask a few questions. I received the interview appointment notice today and it asks me to bring to the interview some documents that I don't have. Medical Examination Form I-683 in a sealed envelope, which I already submitted. Do I need to do the medical examination again and take to the interview the new one?? Proof of payment of I-485 Supplement A. I didn't submit any Supplement A, nor was I asked for request of evidence. Should I call the USCIS office? Does anyone have the same situation? Thank you . I am also asked for Affidavit of Support I-864.

DV2010EU25XXX
5/20/09: 1st NL from KKC
7/30/09: 2nd NL from KKC
8/20/09: Medical ex done
2/25/10: AOS package sent to Chicago (case nr current in April)
03/06/10: 2 NOA received
03/11/10: Biometrics Appointment received for 03/24/10
03/24/10: Interview Appointment Notice received for 04/28/10

DV2010EU25XXX
03/24/10: Biometrics done

Hi x2010x,

If you already submitted I-693 (I think this is what you mean not 683)
in most cases taking a copy with you would be enough. If you do not
have it you can go to the doctor you got it from, he would have a copy.
In some cases they might need some shots, follow up x-ray etc. then
you have to get a new one. Just talk to the doctor.

For Supplement A to Form I-485 I have to know your current status to answer you.

For DV cases required Affidavit of Support is I-134. I-864 is for family based applications.

Also can you write where you are going to be interviewed....

Hi everyone,
Just want to update my status and ask a few questions. I received the interview appointment notice today and it asks me to bring to the interview some documents that I don't have. Medical Examination Form I-683 in a sealed envelope, which I already submitted. Do I need to do the medical examination again and take to the interview the new one?? Proof of payment of I-485 Supplement A. I didn't submit any Supplement A, nor was I asked for request of evidence. Should I call the USCIS office? Does anyone have the same situation? Thank you . I am also asked for Affidavit of Support I-864.

DV2010EU25XXX

x2010x,

I just want to clarify I-134 vs. I-864.

Yes, For DV cases required Affidavit of Support is I-134. I-864 is for family based applications.

I-864 also can be used if you have a close relative who is a US citizen or permanent resident...

But for I-134 any US citizen or permanent resident can give it...

Unfortunately there is not much I can do.

Well, when you call USCIS try to get put through to a senior officer (or however they call the next level) and usually they are the ones experienced with real immi work and not just prompter reading...same as with infopass, i'd go there over and over again until I find a competent person...

I know this waiting now must be hard...! Just be strong, hang in there and schedule the next appointment...thats what I would do...

Thanks capeolive.
I will be interviewed in Chicago. I had an F1 student visa. I finished the studies at my school on March 20, 2010. I didn't transfer yet because I have 60 days grace period to do that. The appointment notice asks me for Affidavit of Support Form I-864. I don't have any relatives in the US. Also, I don't know why they ask me to bring proof of payment of I-485 Supplement A because I didn't have to submit that form with my application. Really weird.
Thanks for your help.
I might need to do an infopass.

Also, the appointment notice says "Please appear with your petitioner". Asked to bring photo identification for myself and my petitioner. I'm not married, I'm the only applicant.

DV2010EU25XXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi x2010x,

If you have been here with an F1 visa and was never out of status
Supplement A to Form I-485 and its payment of $1000 don't apply to you.
At the interview they might ask for an I-134 if you don't have enough annual income
which is for one person $13,538.

They probably sent you a standard interview appointment letter
they send to family based applicants.

Good luck with InfoPass but it usually don't help much.
But still do it, sometimes it helps...

Thanks capeolive.
I will be interviewed in Chicago. I had an F1 student visa. I finished the studies at my school on March 20, 2010. I didn't transfer yet because I have 60 days grace period to do that. The appointment notice asks me for Affidavit of Support Form I-864. I don't have any relatives in the US. Also, I don't know why they ask me to bring proof of payment of I-485 Supplement A because I didn't have to submit that form with my application. Really weird.
Thanks for your help.

Also, the appointment notice says "Please appear with your petitioner". Asked to bring photo identification for myself and my petitioner. I'm not married, I'm the only applicant.

DV2010EU25XXX

x2010x,

Can you tell me where interview appointment letter came from Chicago Field Office or NBC.

Also on what kind of paper it was printed like a plain paper or like a NOA?

Thank you all for your reply.

My number is current for April and now I am working on my medical examination. Currently, I am in H1-b visa, legally working in united state, and do not have any plan to travel outside of U.S.A until I get my Green Card. Following are the document I am providing as a part of AOS . Please review my check list and let me know if I am missing something.

1) Cover Letter explaing reason for AOS
2) DV congratulation letter
3) Copy of receipt for AOS
4)I-485
5)G-327
5) Sealed Medical Examination report
6) Copy of Birth Certificate
7) Copy of Passport showing latest VISA
8) 2 - Passport size photos
9) Copy of I-94
10) Employment Verification letter preapred by Human resources

I am not palling to submit I-131 as I have mentioned before that I will not travling outside of the U.S.A until i get my GC, and also not planning to submit I-765 emplyoment authorization as I am currently employed.

i2009 hang in there, I know the waiting is hard but you will get it, that's for sure

Unfortunately there is not much I can do. The officer said that I should wait for 60 days and, if I don't hear from them, issue a service request or take another InfoPass. Of course I won't wait for 60 more days only to hear that I got to wait another 60 days for a note.

The Service Center won't give me any information, not to mention that it is hard to get hold of them directly. I did call the USCIS call center but they are useless, they only read whatever is in the online status.

I feel a little better knowing that my file is not lost somewhere and I am pretty sure that the Officer will approve my case as soon as he receives my file because he said so.

Thanks guys

Hi Olsson,

Can you please tell me where you are applying from (which city)

Your list is missing some vital documents. I am providing you a sample check it out...

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of
Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname -
Diversity Visa Lottery Winner with
Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following:

1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
9. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 5 visas.
17. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (XXX) 555-2010.
Sincerely yours,

My number is current for April and now I am working on my medical examination. Currently, I am in H1-b visa, legally working in united state, and do not have any plan to travel outside of U.S.A until I get my Green Card. Following are the document I am providing as a part of AOS . Please review my check list and let me know if I am missing something.

4)I-485
5)G-327
9) Copy of I-94

I am not palling to submit I-131 as I have mentioned before that I will not travling outside of the U.S.A until i get my GC, and also not planning to submit I-765 emplyoment authorization as I am currently employed.

Congratulations to all those that have had successful interviews and are awaiting your GC. You all are at the finish line !!!!

Update on my status: Biometrics done 22nd and 24th for self and family respectively. Decided to just go by their appointment dates.

Have been reading the case of i2009 and the delay in the AOS - EB file transfer. My husband is on an H1B and we have a pending AOS - EB case. I can see that capeolive withdrew his AOS - EB prior to filing AOS - DV. If we withdraw AOS -EB at this stage wont my husband be out of status? As I am the principal applicant on DV ?

Today we received a NOA informing us that our AOS - EB case has been transfered to our local office in Orange County. I gather this is a good sign and I should just let things flow for now. Please advise.

Olsson,

You have enough time, so don't rush the application. Take your time with it...

You don't have to file I-131 or I-765.

Also do not forget to file the latest version of the forms to the new filing locations.
They revised some of the forms as of February 25, 2010. Check the links...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

4)I-485
5)G-327
9) Copy of I-94

Hi 2010forme,

I wouldn't do anything about your husband's EB case at this point.
I think you have plenty of time. Only big cities sometimes tend to
take their time with applications...

Congratulations to all those that have had successful interviews and are awaiting your GC. You all are at the finish line !!!!

Update on my status: Biometrics done 22nd and 24th for self and family respectively. Decided to just go by their appointment dates.

Have been reading the case of i2009 and the delay in the AOS - EB file transfer. My husband is on an H1B and we have a pending AOS - EB case. I can see that capeolive withdrew his AOS - EB prior to filing AOS - DV. If we withdraw AOS -EB at this stage wont my husband be out of status? As I am the principal applicant on DV ?

Today we received a NOA informing us that our AOS - EB case has been transfered to our local office in Orange County. I gather this is a good sign and I should just let things flow for now. Please advise.

Thanks capeolive.
Thanks for your help.

DV2010EU25XXX

Usually they send the standard appointment letter, even if you don't need those documents, like they asked me to bring my arrest records, but I sent the original one to USCIS with my application, and I didn't have even the copy. So , nobody even asked me to show it during my interview. So, if you have the copy of your med exam, take it with you, if not, you can request it from your doctor. I am not sure about Affidavit of Support, if you can find some body who can be your sponsor it will be better if not, just bring with you your tax return and W-2 forms (if you have them) and find a job offer, those papers are gonna be your support. If you didn't file I-485 Supplement A, and you don't need to file it, just tell your officer that you don't need to file that form and you don't need to pay for it and explain why. It's weird that they ask you to come with your petitioner, in DV there is no petitioner - it's a lottery). So, I think they took the wrong standard appointment letter and sent it to you, just added your name, A-number etc. So, I think you shouldn't worry about it. You can just double check and make an infopass.
Good luck!!! I hope everthing will be ok!