• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

we received our green card's today...this journey is now finally over...thanks to all you guys, to the host of this forum and of course ultimate praise belongs to the lord...

good luck for all the upcoming interviewees, and all other still in the process...

CHEERS!

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your new status.

Hey guys!!!
I HAD AN AMAZING INTERVIEW!!
1st of all, i'd like to thank all those who supported me thru this entire process.

I went pretty early as some of you advised it to me. I went with my gf. we got there 2 hrs before the interview time but we got in the building at 9:00. I was scheduled for 10 am. The officer opened a door and called my name while my gf was in the restroom. I told him she asked me to keep her handbag till she gets back and that I couldn't just leave it on the seat . He kinda joked about it by saying his wife makes him do the same thing very often.
She finally got out of the restroom, got her handbag back and wished me good luck. The officer was very nice tho. Once in his office, I took the oath and sat down. He asked me if I got a work authorization. That was the question I didn't want him to ask because I have worked off campus and that's a violation. Then he continued, do you have a job? I said no. The only docs he asked were the originals of my BC and my state ID and passport. He made some comments about my grades at school, asked me formal questions about terrorism, drug, etc...
He finally told me everything looks fine, that I'll approve me. He told me congratulations and I will receive my GC within 10 days. He said he won't take my I-94 but as soon as I receive my gc I should mail the I-94 to them. He also recommended me to go online and sign for the selective services so that I can be able to apply for citizenship in 5 years.
At the end of the interview he handed me a small piece of paper that was a survey on the quality of the services I received at the USCIS. we shook hands and I left.
That was the experience I had today ;);)

That's great, Bianfid. Congratulations!

we received our green card's today...this journey is now finally over...thanks to all you guys, to the host of this forum and of course ultimate praise belongs to the lord...

good luck for all the upcoming interviewees, and all other still in the process...

CHEERS!

Congratulations, enjoy your new status!

Hi Guys is anyone here in the Los angeles area office? I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY INTERVIEW LETTER! had my biometrics done on the 22nd of december so ive been waiting 3 months now I know this is abusy office but it would be good to hear from other LA people if there are any.........

hi steve2010,
i will be applying thru the LA office as well. but i am not current yet (cn 2010as25xxx). sorry to hear that you have been waiting so long for yr interview. makes me worried too ... when my turn comes.
i pray for you and for a speedy process !
keep us updated .
good luck.

I see that we have a lot of good news now and I am very happy. Congratulations to those of you who received theri card and for those who had a successful interview. Good luck for the rest. i2009, it is a good idea to go over there(USCIS) and inquire about your case like you are doing. I do not think that there is anything wrong. You still have a month ( usually they say to wait 60 days). However, it is better to cure than to be sorry.

Good luck and I am waiting for good news only i2009.

I see that we have a lot of good news now and I am very happy. Congratulations to those of you who received theri card and for those who had a successful interview. Good luck for the rest. i2009, it is a good idea to go over there(USCIS) and inquire about your case like you are doing. I do not think that there is anything wrong. You still have a month ( usually they say to wait 60 days). However, it is better to cure than to be sorry.

Good luck and I am waiting for good news only i2009.

Thanks zapatos,

I know it is a little early but I'd like to know if my file was requested. I don't think it is missing because last year I applied for an EAD extension and they need the A-File to process it. Nevertheless, I have read about the File Transfer procedures and it is scary...

Any news regarding your welcome letter and/or GC?

Hi, everybody!!!!

It's time to tell you about my interview)))

I came 10 min earlier))) gave my appointment letter (nobody did't ask me why it was on the white papper))) so guys who got their appointment letters on white paper, don't worry about it!) My time was 12.45 pm, so I was called about at 12.55 pm, The officer called my name and then made a joke, she said I hope it's at least a little bit closer to the right pronunciation of your name (I have kanda difficult for Americans to pronuonce last name). I understood that everything should be good)
I had a really nice officer! She was so polite and great. So, as everybody, I took an oath and took a seat. She introduced herself and started, she asked for my driver's liecense and passport and she began asking me all formal questions - name,DOB, address, tel. number, if i was arrested, deported etc. She was marking something in my I-485 and then she gave me to sign it after all she marked. She didn't ask me any paper i brought with me))) even those mentioned in my appointment letter)) Then she said that she had good news for me today, she said that she has approved me))))) Then she took my extention paper and I-94 from my passport and said that she needed them to make a records about my change of status. I asked her if it's ok to be without I-94 in my passport. and she said that she had already made the changes in the system online and that my status had been changed). She said, that all I need is to wait a week or a week and a half to get my welcome letter and three weeks to get my card) She told about the card overall, like I need to renew it after ten years, how card looks like etc.))) and then she said sorry that it took so little time)) it was like 15 or 20 min)) Then she wished good luck to me and I went home))))
Yehhh))))

Thank you everybody for your help and your support, and I really glad that there is such form as this one!!! I wish everybody good luck in their cases!!!

I hope to get good news soon))

Hi i2009,

I did not write my story in detail but actually an IO
at my InfoPass told me that I had to withdraw my
pending AOS case in order to be able to file DV based
AOS application. When I questioned her she insisted that
I had to withdraw it because I could not have 2 AOS at the
same time. She looked and sounded like a supervisor to me.

Later after doing my research I was tending towards dual AOS
applications being possible but slowing down the process.
So my reason was to withdraw was mostly due to timing.

I am sure that you have copy of your EB based application.
Even if they lose it it'll be their fault and they will have to
grant you the permanent residence.

I hope you get your card soon but if you do not get
it in 60 days after the interview make sure to get help
from your congressman.

Good thing is we are still far away from September 30th.

You have my best wishes...

Hello capeolive,

I hope that you get done with the AOS process real soon and reunited with your family.

Regarding my A-file being lost or not located is exactly my biggest fear. I know that it has happened on many occasions. Now, it is my understanding that the A-File is unique by A Number and that always needs to be on the officer's desk before the officer could make a decision on a case (it doesn't matter if it contains current, denied, canceled, etc cases)

This is from a USCIS document (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...el=c54f0ccc1793f010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD):
"The A-File is the record that contains copies of information regarding all transactions involving an individual as he/she passes through the U.S. immigration and inspection process."

I did hear that some immigration supervisors suggest that we need to withdraw the previous an current process. It actually happened to me when I took an InfoPass before filing my application. The attorney handling my EB case suggested that I should not withdraw my EB case so I did not do it.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi middle.com,

Another great news. It makes rest of us still in process feel much better.
Congratulations on your successful interview. I hope you get your
actual card soon and it brings you happiness...

Hi, everybody!!!!

I came 10 min earlier))) gave my appointment letter (nobody did't ask me why it was on the white papper))) so guys who got their appointment letters on white paper, don't worry about it!) My time was 12.45 pm, so I was called about at 12.55 pm, The officer called my name and then made a joke, she said I hope it's at least a little bit closer to the right pronunciation of your name (I have kanda difficult for Americans to pronuonce last name). I understood that everything should be good)
I had a really nice officer! She was so polite and great. So, as everybody, I took an oath and took a seat. She introduced herself and started, she asked for my driver's liecense and passport and she began asking me all formal questions - name,DOB, address, tel. number, if i was arrested, deported etc. She was marking something in my I-485 and then she gave me to sign it after all she marked. She didn't ask me any paper i brought with me))) even those mentioned in my appointment letter)) Then she said that she had good news for me today, she said that she has approved me))))) Then she took my extention paper and I-94 from my passport and said that she needed them to make a records about my change of status. I asked her if it's ok to be without I-94 in my passport. and she said that she had already made the changes in the system online and that my status had been changed). She said, that all I need is to wait a week or a week and a half to get my welcome letter and three weeks to get my card) She told about the card overall, like I need to renew it after ten years, how card looks like etc.))) and then she said sorry that it took so little time)) it was like 15 or 20 min)) Then she wished good luck to me and I went home))))
Yehhh))))

Thank you everybody for your help and your support, and I really glad that there is such form as this one!!! I wish everybody good luck in their cases!!!

Hi, everybody!!!!

Yehhh))))

Congrats middle.com. So happy for you. I hope you'll get your welcome letter and green card very soon. :)

Hello gdh,
You did not file for AOS under EB so there is nothing to cancel. Besides, you should not have an A-File so there is not file to be transferred from one Service Center to the Local Office.
Even if you had filed for a EB AOS, many people have filed for DV based AOS while having another AOS process waiting for a priority date and their processes had not had any issues. My case might be an exception.
Good luck, you will be OK

Thank you i2009! I'm getting very nervous. :)

Hi, everybody!!!!

Yehhh))))

Congratulations middle.com! I am very happy for you. Awesome interview indeed.

Hi i2009,

I did not write my story in detail but actually an IO
at my InfoPass told me that I had to withdraw my
pending AOS case in order to be able to file DV based
AOS application. When I questioned her she insisted that
I had to withdraw it because I could not have 2 AOS at the
same time. She looked and sounded like a supervisor to me.

Later after doing my research I was tending towards dual AOS
applications being possible but slowing down the process.
So my reason was to withdraw was mostly due to timing.

I am sure that you have copy of your EB based application.
Even if they lose it it'll be their fault and they will have to
grant you the permanent residence.

I hope you get your card soon but if you do not get
it in 60 days after the interview make sure to get help
from your congressman.

Good thing is we are still far away from September 30th.

You have my best wishes...

Thank you capeolive for your wishes and for your help. I too hope that you get your interview and, of course, your card pretty soon.

I'll keep everyone posted of what I find in the next InfoPass appt.

Congratulations middle.com!!! I am very happy for your success! You have had an awesome, smooth, and fast case! It is so great that she approved your case right there, just awesome!!!

Congratulations middle.com!!!!!
That's great. I'm so glad that everything went smooth for you.
Now you can relax and enjoy........you are almost at the end of this journey!!!

Congratulations middle.com. Very happy to hear your good experience at the Interview. Pretty sure your welcome letter and GC would be in your hands before long.