• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

fitness901
i have No idea but maybe at the end of March or at the begining of April
i'm just waiting Now

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello capeolive
Dallas Lockbox and there no DV winners or 245(i)'s among them?? .........
That is not true
I complitely understand what you tried to say .............as you said my sister case might be different but don't tell me Dallas lockbox not process DV. Supplement A to form I-485 - Adjustment of Status under Section 245(i).

check this site, go to page three ........ http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/DalFact04_21_04.pdf

Thank you any way

You can call KCC any time, they will tell you if your files have been requested. I too have a EB3 case, they didn't request my file for my interview so now I am waiting for the file to be sent from Texas to my Field Office. I doubt that calling the Texas Service Center will help. Actually, they need to send a FTR (File Transfer Request) in order to get your files moving. Good luck!

Thanks i2009. It's too bad we can't do anything to make the field office request our files. Oh well, hopefully it won't take too long.

hello houselight75

thank you.......... it is almost a month after your Biometric completed so
soon you will ...............Good luck

Hi everyone...

I did CP. And everything went fine in my country. But when I came to the customs at the airport the officer asked for the translations of the documents. We didn't have them because the US Consulate in my country informed us as they didn't need the translations. The officer let us get in the country. But she said that maybe USCIS could contact with us for the translations. She told us if we dont get the physical green cards we should contact with USCIS...

My questions are :

1 ) We entered country on 25th of February..When do you think we should receive the green card and the welcome letter in normal conditions?

2 ) When I was filling DS 230 form I ticked the section as Yes for SSN crad requirement...Will SSN send the card automatically or Do i still need to apply for it ?

3 ) As we were here firstly with F1 and F2 and then with H1B and H4 ...We didn't inform SSN about updating my husbands status from F1 to H1b. Did we do something wrong ?

We heard that we should update his status from H1B to Green Card now and replace his old ssn card , is that right ? If this is right , do you think not updating the status from F1 to H1B may cause any problem ? Is there a time limit for replacing ?

4 ) Must my husband fill the I-9 form at his job and give the copies of his green card to his office..We are just not sure about these informations...If he has to do it , can we do it when we receive the physical green card ?

5 ) One of my friends will do AOS ? And she wants to learn the fees you gave for AOS..You paid 375 $ as I know. Did you also pay an extra 1010 $ for I-485 form ? What is the total amount you spent for AOS ?

Thanks for your help..

You answer is after your questions ... it is in navy blue color to distinguish it from your questions. All the best and congrats on getting to US as permanent residents.

Hi everyone...

I did CP. And everything went fine in my country. But when I came to the customs at the airport the officer asked for the translations of the documents. We didn't have them because the US Consulate in my country informed us as they didn't need the translations. The officer let us get in the country. But she said that maybe USCIS could contact with us for the translations. She told us if we dont get the physical green cards we should contact with USCIS...

My questions are :

1 ) We entered country on 25th of February..When do you think we should receive the green card and the welcome letter in normal conditions?
2-3 months (http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/after-interview.html)

2 ) When I was filling DS 230 form I ticked the section as Yes for SSN crad requirement...Will SSN send the card automatically or Do i still need to apply for it ?
See "Welcome to the U.S A guide for new immigrants" (M-618.pdf) pg 28 - No you don't need to apply again. They should send it to you within three weeks to the address you had listed. If you don't get it then you should contact the SS office.

3 ) As we were here firstly with F1 and F2 and then with H1B and H4 ...We didn't inform SSN about updating my husbands status from F1 to H1b. Did we do something wrong ?

We heard that we should update his status from H1B to Green Card now and replace his old ssn card , is that right ? If this is right , do you think not updating the status from F1 to H1B may cause any problem ? Is there a time limit for replacing ?

No, nothing wrong. The SSN number should be updated to remove restrictions when working, otherwise employer may not hire the person. But check with in three weeks if you don't get the updated SS card then contact them.

4 ) Must my husband fill the I-9 form at his job and give the copies of his green card to his office..We are just not sure about these informations...If he has to do it , can we do it when we receive the physical green card ?
You should ask your employer to give you I-9 form (Employment Eligibility Verification Form) and you should fill it. Give them the copy of your I-551 stamp in your passport. Now you can legally work with your employer based on your green card. (http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/after-interview.html)

5 ) One of my friends will do AOS ? And she wants to learn the fees you gave for AOS..You paid 375 $ as I know. Did you also pay an extra 1010 $ for I-485 form ? What is the total amount you spent for AOS ?
DV Fees sent to KCC is $375. The fees sent to USCIS is $1010 for form I-485 (application and biometrics)

Thanks for your help..

I am confused.

I got three message from uscis.

I think that the first one is welcome letter. Then, green card.

But today, I got an email saying:
Post-Decision Activity
On March 4, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

When I log on my account...it jumped form "Document production or Oath Ceremony" back to " Post-Decision Activity"

Should I be worrying about this???

I am confused.

When I log on my account...it jumped form "Document production or Oath Ceremony" back to " Post-Decision Activity"

Hi gagaun,

Don't worry about it. I had the same thing happen to my case. I think that once the field office okays the file you get a notification and once the MSC sends out the welcome letter or the GC, you get the Post-decision sign. Weird but that is a sign that the MSC has mailed out one of your docs. So don't worry ... give it three days or so and you should have something in the mail. Relax and wait for the good news.:)

Hi everybody!

I got my interview appointment, but I have some questions:

it came from my field office but it just on white paper, not like my NOA and Biometrica appointment, so is it should be like this? Does everybody get the same one?

It says on the top
U.S Citinzenship and Immigration Services
address of the Field Ofice

from left side my name and address, from the right side File number - my alian number and date

then

Notice of scheduled interview
interview location
date and time
reason for appointment

THIS INTERVIEW MAY BE VIDEO TAPED
PLEASE BRING ALL ITEMS THAT ARE CHECKED (X) TO THE INTERVIEW
list of the documents
THE ORIGINAL FORM OF THE FOLLOWING PLUS ONE COPY IS REQUIED WITH TRANSLATIONS IF NOT IN ENGLISH
list of the documents

My appointment looks like this. Should I worried about this or everybody has the same??? I just can not understand why it's on the white regular papar, not like USCIS standard paper!?

Thanks cooldude...

Middle.com, my interview notification looks like what you have too..., so you should be fine

Hi everybody!

it came from my field office but it just on white paper, not like my NOA and Biometrica appointment, so is it should be like this? Does everybody get the same one?

It says on the top

from left side my name and address, from the right side File number - my alian number and date

then

interview location
date and time
reason for appointment

list of the documents
THE ORIGINAL FORM OF THE FOLLOWING PLUS ONE COPY IS REQUIED WITH TRANSLATIONS IF NOT IN ENGLISH
list of the documents

My appointment looks like this. Should I worried about this or everybody has the same??? I just can not understand why it's on the white regular papar, not like USCIS standard paper!?

It is possible they had the wrong paper in the printer! I guess make an Infopass appointment and get the issue cleared. Maybe they will print you another one or validate the one you already have. Were is your field office (doesn't mention in your signature)?

thanks guys for your prompt reply, i found some sample of the appointments and they do not look like mine( I'll try to scan it and post it. It doesn't say that it is a request for applicat to appear for initial interview. It just says Notice of Scheduled interview.
My field offfice in Centennial, CO

Hi everybody!

It says on the top

then

interview location
date and time
reason for appointment

list of the documents
list of the documents

Don't worry my friend got 2 enveloppes on the same day with the same white appointment papers. She called USCIS and they advised her not to do anything since it could delay her interview date and just to show up on time for her appointment. She went and got approved and her passport stamped at the interview. Her GC arrived 12 days later by mail:)

You should be fine:) Good Luck:)

You answer is after your questions ... it is in navy blue color to distinguish it from your questions. All the best and congrats on getting to US as permanent residents.
Some of your answers are wrong. Applying for a SSN needs to be done in person, for a first time application. If you need to have the SSN changed due to the wording "authorization for work....." you need to either show up in person with 2 forms of identification or sent it by mail with certified copies....no notorized copies are allowed. I speak from experience since we sent right after the interview my friends SSN card with the form and 2 ID copies and applied for a new card. It was send back and we called and got this information....

Just crossing a box on the DV lottery will not get you a SSN card. It nowhere is stating they are going to sent you a card. They are simply asking if you need a new card or not! That way they know you already had one....it is legal language!

Hi bentlebee,

I did mention the source of the info. It is in the welcome guide on the page mentioned in the previous post. It is fine to go and get it but that is what the instructions say. If you read the instructions, you will find that they tell the scenarios where you should go to the SS office to get the card. In your friend's case she did the AOS so that case is different. The question was asked regarding a CP case after the immigrant comes back to the US, what i mentioned is what the welcome guide says. Maybe others who have similar experience would be better be able to tell if they needed to go or one was sent to them at the address within three weeks. I don't know if the system does work but it says if you don't get it within three weeks then you should contact the SS Administration office. Myself, I went to the SS office with 2 Ids and files for a new SS card without restrictions. But then again ... i did AOS. And if i am wrong ... i don't mind being corrected rather i appreciate it.

Hi middle.com,

Hopefully everything is fine as others have mentioned. Maybe you could call and confirm the appointment with the local USCIS office on that date!

When you were mentioning about your appointment paper I think you meant how you could upload you file on to this forum. If that is what you meant, first make sure that you have removed all the essential info about you from the scanned file. Then while posting the message you will see a clip sign, that is to add the attachment. Press it and it will open a new window for managing attachments. On the right side is the button which says "add files", click on it. That will open another window and you can select "Select file" option. After clicking on it you can select the file you want to upload to this forum. Once you select the file it will show up as an attachment on the bottom of the popup menu that opened when you started the process of attaching the file. Then you press the button "Insert file". Once you do that it should be added with your post and even before you post it you could see the attachment which would be posted. Hope that answers your question.

Hi bentlebee,

I did mention the source of the info. It is in the welcome guide on the page mentioned in the previous post. It is fine to go and get it but that is what the instructions say. If you read the instructions, you will find that they tell the scenarios where you should go to the SS office to get the card. In your friend's case she did the AOS so that case is different. The question was asked regarding a CP case after the immigrant comes back to the US, what i mentioned is what the welcome guide says. Maybe others who have similar experience would be better be able to tell if they needed to go or one was sent to them at the address within three weeks. I don't know if the system does work but it says if you don't get it within three weeks then you should contact the SS Administration office. Myself, I went to the SS office with 2 Ids and files for a new SS card without restrictions. But then again ... i did AOS. And if i am wrong ... i don't mind being corrected rather i appreciate it.

I didn't meant it in a offensive way...but SSN does require for any new SSN applicant to come in person, so for a person who did CP that should be similar.

For a DL application the regualtions have changed recently and 2 forms of ID are required.

I am confused.

I think that the first one is welcome letter. Then, green card.

But today, I got an email saying:
Post-Decision Activity
On March 4, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Don't worry gagaun, I am having the same exact experience as you. I got the same texts. I may be 2-3 days ahead of you. I hope we both receive our cards soon !!!!