• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thanks, capeolive.

DV2010EU00025xxx
5/20/09: 1st NL from KKC
7/30/09: 2nd NL from KKC
8/20/09: Meds done
2/25/10: AOS Package sent to Chicago

My interview experience

Greetings everyone!

I had my interview today and would like to share my interview experience. I arrived about 15 minutes before my interview started. After giving my interview appointment letter to the receptionist, I just had to wait for a couple of minutes before an IO called my name. The IO was very friendly and cordial. She made me feel at ease immediately.

I had to take the oath once I was in her office. Then she asked me for my passport, driver's license, EAD, and SS card. She verified the information from my passport and EAD by checking it with my application information. She asked me the usual questions about date of birth, current address, have you ever committed a crime etc. from I-485 and G-325 for verification purposes. It seems that my biometrics results were not with her as she asked me if I have already done my biometrics through their Application Support Center. I will call the FBI biometrics office tomorrow to ask if my result has been sent back. She also asked me when I applied for DV lottery. I wasn't asked for any more documents. After about 10 minutes or so, the IO said that the application looks good and that she will request a visa number for me. She did not take my I-94 or EAD. Based on the experiences of previous winners, I believe that this shouldn't be a problem. She informed me that I should get my green card in the mail within 45 days (though I hope it would be sooner).

I would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this forum. I couldn't have gone through this process on my own without the support of this virtual community. THANK YOU!!! I would also like to thank Mr. Khanna and his staff for hosting this forum.

Almost there!!!

gg99 :D

Greetings everyone!

I had my interview today and would like to share my interview experience. I arrived about 15 minutes before my interview started. After giving my interview appointment letter to the receptionist, I just had to wait for a couple of minutes before an IO called my name. The IO was very friendly and cordial. She made me feel at ease immediately.

I had to take the oath once I was in her office. Then she asked me for my passport, driver's license, EAD, and SS card. She verified the information from my passport and EAD by checking it with my application information. She asked me the usual questions about date of birth, current address, have you ever committed a crime etc. from I-485 and G-325 for verification purposes. It seems that my biometrics results were not with her as she asked me if I have already done my biometrics through their Application Support Center. I will call the FBI biometrics office tomorrow to ask if my result has been sent back. She also asked me when I applied for DV lottery. I wasn't asked for any more documents. After about 10 minutes or so, the IO said that the application looks good and that she will request a visa number for me. She did not take my I-94 or EAD. Based on the experiences of previous winners, I believe that this shouldn't be a problem. She informed me that I should get my green card in the mail within 45 days (though I hope it would be sooner).

I would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this forum. I couldn't have gone through this process on my own without the support of this virtual community. THANK YOU!!! I would also like to thank Mr. Khanna and his staff for hosting this forum.

Almost there!!!

Congrats gg99

Hi gg99,

Another good news. It just makes everybody on the forum happy I am sure...
Congratulations...At which field office was the interview?

Greetings everyone!

Almost there!!!

Thank you houselight75, ICE MAN, and capeolive for your wishes. My field office is Spokane, Washington.

Greetings everyone!

Almost there!!!

My congratulations!!!! You are almost there!!! You'll get your green card soon!!!

Greetings everyone!

Almost there!!!

Congratulations, gg99. You just have to wait for your card now. Almost over!

hello Capeolive

thanks for the respon
..........My sister has lawyer ...........i know chicago center prossed diversity visa application if you status is legal but
exceptions for 245(i) i belive it is texas . i can't attach the linke but if you sent me your email address i sent to you.the link i got............if you want you can goole it where to file A-485
.first we were wondring too .we talk with lot of lawyer , may be my sister case and yours is different , by the way why you need to pay penality.......you were out of stuts ? Any way it seems both work okay you got your NOAS she got her finiger print app.

Here i copy some part of it

USCIS is committed to improving customer service while strengthening the integrity of adjudicative processes. In conjunction with this goal, the Dallas District Office is conducting a Pilot Program designed to improve our ability to concurrently process two forms within 90 days of filing:
Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and
Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
Advantages of the Pilot
The Pilot Program offers many advantages to customers. Participating applicants will be able to:
Schedule an appointment through the Internet, using the InfoPass link at USCIS.gov, to file their application at a convenient time;
File their application in person at the Dallas District Office and, if their application packet is complete, have their interview on the same day;
Schedule an appointment by calling the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 to have their fingerprints captured; and
Receive their Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of filing, if their application is approved, and save money by not filing for employment authorization or travel documents.
Eligibility for the Pilot
Participation in the Pilot Program is entirely voluntary but it is limited to customers whose petitions and applications meet one or more of the following criteria:
Based on a family relationship with an immigrant visa currently available;
Diversity Visa Lottery winner; and

Welcome Letter

Hi Guys,

I looked through the posts since last week and It seems like everyone is doing great, cases are moving. Congratulations to those who successfully passed their interviews.

Yesterday, I received a welcome letter, I am hoping my green card will be in this week.

This was a long, tiring, stomach upsetting but rewarding process after all. Thank God! and thank you to those who help each other making this process a lot easier. I have never felt alone, lost in the documentations during this time because I had the feeling that I could ask in this forum and will get an answer.

BIG THANK YOU

Hi Guys,

I looked through the posts since last week and It seems like everyone is doing great, cases are moving. Congratulations to those who successfully passed their interviews.

Yesterday, I received a welcome letter, I am hoping my green card will be in this week.

This was a long, tiring, stomach upsetting but rewarding process after all. Thank God! and thank you to those who help each other making this process a lot easier. I have never felt alone, lost in the documentations during this time because I had the feeling that I could ask in this forum and will get an answer.

BIG THANK YOU

Congratulations!

Hi Guys,

BIG THANK YOU

Congratulations ayataf! I am very happy for you, the GC should arrive soon. You are almost there!

hi guys,

i looked through the posts since last week and it seems like everyone is doing great, cases are moving. Congratulations to those who successfully passed their interviews.

Yesterday, i received a welcome letter, i am hoping my green card will be in this week.

This was a long, tiring, stomach upsetting but rewarding process after all. Thank god! And thank you to those who help each other making this process a lot easier. I have never felt alone, lost in the documentations during this time because i had the feeling that i could ask in this forum and will get an answer.

Big thank you

big congratulations!

Hi Guys,

BIG THANK YOU

Great news ayataf!!! My congratulations!!!! You almost there!!!

Great news ayataf!!! My congratulations!!!! You almost there!!!

Hello everyone,
this site has been so helpful.
I have a question though.
My case number will be current in April, as per the visa bulletin.
When can I submit my AOS application?