• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi capeolive,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I have already sent the application with box a checked. I had been reading a lot of other forums, and at the time when I filled it, felt like that was the right answer, but I guess I will find out soon if it was or not. Calling immigration won't be much help, either, even though I know when you call there's an option to correct a form submitted, I wonder if I should give that a try. I can't believe how little help we get from the IO. It's so hard to make the decisions based on reading different forums that give different responses. However, this forum sure has been VERY helpful and I don't know what we'd do without it.

Thanks again.

I selected option "a" and had no problems. Don't worry. As far as your DV letter is in the documents (hopefully at the top of the supporting documents) you should be fine.

Congratulations ICE MAN, very happy for you. I am sure you would be receiving your wife's letter today in the mail ... and GC to follow during the same week hopefully.

Hello capeolive

i just saw first time you case similar to my sister case............she was on deportaion ,my quetion to you is
why you sent you package to chicago ? instead of Texas ? if it is adjustment of status under section of 245(i)
Do you have a lawyer ? if you do not mind i ask you that............if you see my signature , my sister got her finiger print date for 3/8/10

Last edited by a moderator:
congra to you all ,happy 2010 ,cm1979 and Ice man . enjoy the road with your GC .and my sister case is on the right truck now
Thank you to you all...........

revision of I-485

dear guys,
I saw that there has been an update about I-485 which contains email and text message notification facility. The previous version will be valid until March 29, 2010. Do you think I should still send a revision letter? or will that confuse them about my case?

I selected option "a" and had no problems. Don't worry. As far as your DV letter is in the documents (hopefully at the top of the supporting documents) you should be fine.

Yep, I sure did. I also wrote the DV case # at the top right corner of each page, as well as included an enclosed list with the purpose of application...so unless they really don't want to be cooperative, otherwise, my intentions of applying in the DV Category are pretty clear.
Thanks so much =)

I have a question to those who received their GCs: Do we need to update our SS card (currently it says employment by INS authorization only - i.e. it is restricted). If so, how do we do it? Is Just calling social security administration sufficient or do we have to go to local office in person? Or is it automatically updated already so no need to take any action? USCIS website doesnt give clear info on this. Thanks.

I have a question to those who received their GCs: Do we need to update our SS card (currently it says employment by INS authorization only - i.e. it is restricted). If so, how do we do it? Is Just calling social security administration sufficient or do we have to go to local office in person? Or is it automatically updated already so no need to take any action? USCIS website doesnt give clear info on this. Thanks.

You have to go to the SSA, take your GC and old SS card with you. They'll take the old one, and you will receive one with no restrictions within 2 weeks.

You have to go to the SSA, take your GC and old SS card with you. They'll take the old one, and you will receive one with no restrictions within 2 weeks.

Thanks Daima. I suspect we dont need to make an appointment for this (i.e. we just walk-in). Please correct me if i am wrong, thanks again.

I too have been wondering about Linda and Yaku (who had his interview on February 25th).

fitness901, I am glad to hear that your sister's case is moving.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi fitness901,

I sent my package to Chicago Lockbox because that is
where Diversity Visa applications suppose to go.
I did not read any exceptions for 245(i) cases.
You just pay $1000 penalty fee for filing under
245(i). Chicago then sends the applications to
National Benefits Center aka Missouri Service Center.
Then you get a schedule for Biometrics. Then
NBC sends your file to your local office according to
your Zip Code and you get interviewed.
The difference is they do all these expedited.
Before I sent in my application I read
everything I found online, I talked to several lawyers,
somehow out of my 2 infopasses on my first one
I talked to a very knowledgeable immigration officer.
Finally I decided to pursue my case by myself
without a lawyer. Let's say that I don't think highly
of some of the lawyers...
DV cases are time sensitive cases, all we got is
until end of September, no exceptions.
I don't know who told you to file your application
with Texas Service Center but if I were you I would
call USCIS myself and make sure TSC is right or acceptable
place to file your application. Do not forget most important part
of the DV application is its being expedited!
I do not have any deportation take this into consideration though.
I hope I was helpful...

Hello capeolive

i just saw first time you case similar to my sister case............she was on deportaion ,my quetion to you is
why you sent you package to chicago ? instead of Texas ? if it is adjustment of status under section of 245(i)
Do you have a lawyer ? if you do not mind i ask you that............if you see my signature , my sister got her finiger print date for 3/8/10

Hi cm1979,

You can just walk in to your local Social Security Office with your old ssc and proof of your new status which is your green card.
No appointments necessary...

Thank you to all who answered my questions and congraulations to those who recently got their green cards. I finally sent my package. Case nr current in April.
Now, you guys were talking about ckeching you case statuses online. It is on dvlottery.state.gov?
Today I checked my status and it said that my entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for processing for the DV2010. But in June, when I did the Entrant Status Check it said that my entry has been selected. I doublechecked the confirmation nr, but the same. Should I be worried? Does anybody have the same problem?
Thanks.

Hi x2010x,

I think people were talking about checking your case status.
In order to do it you have to get your NOA's and a 10 digit
receipt number that starts with MSC. After you get your number
go to following website to check your case status. You can also
sign-up for case updates. Also if you don't mind add your signature
so we can see progress of your case.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

Thank you to all who answered my questions and congraulations to those who recently got their green cards. I finally sent my package. Case nr current in April.
Now, you guys were talking about ckeching you case statuses online. It is on dvlottery.state.gov?
Today I checked my status and it said that my entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for processing for the DV2010. But in June, when I did the Entrant Status Check it said that my entry has been selected. I doublechecked the confirmation nr, but the same. Should I be worried? Does anybody have the same problem?
Thanks.