• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thanks Daima, looks like my package is very similar to yours...even though I haven't mailed it just yet...waiting for medical results and DOS receipt.
This is very helpful.
If others have to add/share more things, please do so.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

Hello Norkira,

I submitted the same documentation as Daima did with the exception that I sent copies of my H1B visa (as opposed to the I-20s). I also attached copies of my employment based AOS that is pending, copies of my current EAD even though my current status is H1B, and 2 photographs. If you decide to apply for I-131 you will need to include a supporting note. You don't need to send the DOS receipt with your AOS package. You will need to bring it to the Interview appointment though.

I would suggest that you don't send more than you need because it could contribute to more confusion and you don't want that to happen. As for the interview appointment, bring everything you can in an organized folder and show only the required documents.

I agree with Ahad and I think that you are right, don't send more than needed. Any attorney will suggest that you should not send more than needed as they will tell you to answer the questions
asked in a polite and specific way, don't say more than asked.

Don't send the affidavit of support for your husband. If needed, the Officer will require that you bring one to the interview.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
ENCLOSED LIST FOR AOS IN THE CATEGORY OF DV LOTTERY

Your list of documentation looks good to me. I would not add nor remove anything from it. I do have a question/suggestion though. You are applying for EAD for your husband, right? Please consider that if he uses his EAD he is abandoning his H4 status, in such case he could not travel outside the country unless he has an Advance Parole for Travel Authorization. I would suggest that he also files a I-131 if he is planning on using his EAD while the AOS is being processed. Does it make sense?

In my case we sent copies of our joint tax return and our joint bank statements to show that our marriage is real and that we live together.

Later, our interview letter specifically asked us to bring the original of those documents. At the interview the IO asked to see them and I got the impression that those were a clearer proof of our marriage than our marriage certificate. So although not necessary for income/money matters these documents can help clear any doubts about the marriage.

I agree with you sometimes it is better to give them a little more info so any doubt can be washed away and makes the interview go smoother. There are good and bad lawyers and if you have nothing to hide, why not submit anything that can help your case go easier at the time of the interview.

Every one can decide for them self if they want to submit more than they are asked for but it won't harm your case to provide more proof, just the opposite.:)

You all bring up good points here. My husband is going to school and he probably won't be able to travel soon anyways, so I think to keep the matters simpler, we both are going to skip the AP and the EAD. As far as proof to being married, we've been married for over two years, and I think they mostly question couples who have been married under two years....that's what I read online the other day. I don't have a lot of saving on my bank at the moment (paying the DV fees...paying for my husband's school...etc) so I'm gonna hesitate sending a bank statements just because of that. i2009's right, I probably don't need the Affidavit of Support for my husband, either.
Well, I feel better about my package. Thanks everyone for your input. I love that everyone here is so eager to help. Keep up the great work :) Someday I'll be sure to pay it forward.

I have a feeling that sometimes it's better not too send more than they ask, too, only because that could raise more questions. Also the insecurity, do I have enough money on the bank, do I have too much...so maybe it's best to provide that information only if they ask for it. I am already including the letter from the employer claiming how much I make...even though makes me wonder, do I sing an Affidavit of Support for my husband??? It seems unnecessary but perhaps mandatory??? In that case, I'd be his sponsor.
In any case, after many reading and advices I've done, so far this is the AOS checklist I gathered that I think I'm going to mail:

ENCLOSED LIST FOR AOS IN THE CATEGORY OF DV LOTTERY

~ Diversity Visa Winner Notification Letter & Bar Code

~ Form I-485 – Application to Adjust Status to Permanent Resident

~ Form I-693 & I-693A??? Medical Examination & Vaccinations

~ Form G-325A – Biographic information

~ Two passport style photos

~ Check: Filing fee of $1010 (Money Order)

~ Receipt copy of paid Adjustment of Status fee to Department of State (2 x $375)

~ Copy of Birth Certificate

~ Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate

~ Proof of legal entry (copy of I-94 front & back; passport page w. nonimm. visa)

~ Proof of H1B status (copies of NOA, Visa, etc.)

~ Proof of Income - Letter from the Employer + copies of last 3 paystubs

~ High School Diploma, translated/certified

~ Official transcripts from all schools attended (OCC & MU)

~ Copy of SSN

~ Copy of Driver's License

~ Copy of Passport Biographical page

~ Copies of I-20s

~ Copies of Diplomas

~ Spouse Documents

~ Form I-485 – Application to Adjust Status to Permanent Resident

~ Form I-693 & I-693A??? Medical Examination & Vaccinations

~ Form G-325A – Biographic information

~ Two passport style photos

~ Check: Filing fee of $1010 (Money Order)

~ Copy of Birth Certificate

~ Proof of legal entry (copy of I-94 front and back, and stamp in passport)

~ Proof of H4 status (copies of NOA, Visa, etc.)

~ I-134 Affidavit of Support???

~ Copy of SSN

~ Copy of Driver's License

~ Copy of Passport Biographical page

~ Form I-765 – Application for Employment Authorization

You are good to go, all the best and keep us updated.

Sample letter for job offer

Hi, is there any place on the internet or a thread on this site where I could find a sample letter for job offer, or could somebody post one? It will help me a lot. Should it contain things like paid vacation and medical insurance or it is enough to just state the hours and how much you're getting paid? Also, it is ok if I have 2 part-time job offers or it is better to have 1 full-time job? I have a full-time job offer from a store, but I also have a better offer to work in an office (part-time). I could get a part-time from the store. Should I go with 2 offers or just stay with the one that is full-time from the store?
Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Hi, is there any place on the internet or a thread on this site where I could find a sample letter for job offer, or could somebody post one? It will help me a lot. Should it contain things like paid vacation and medical insurance or it is enough to just state the hours and how much you're getting paid? Also, it is ok if I have 2 part-time job offers or it is better to have 1 full-time job? I have a full-time job offer from a store, but I also have a better offer to work in an office (part-time). I could get a part-time from the store. Should I go with 2 offers or just stay with the one that is full-time from the store?
Thank you. I appreciate your help.

It is not you who can write the job offer letter. It needs to be on official letter head of a company and it should incl. the description of the job, the salary, etc... The job needs to cover at least the poverty guideline requirement and if you don't have a HS diploma the job needs to be from the approved job requirement list and a part-time store might not be eligible.....

Interview experience !!!!

We just had our interview this morning and it went GREAT !!! but we did not get a decision yet :(

We arrived 30 min before our interview time and they took us in 20 minutes later. The interview lasted about 10 min. The officer was very nice and professional.
We first took the oath and then he told us that he will not be approving or denying our case today because he still has to order our DV file from the KCC. He then proceeded to ask all the generic questions on the I-485's name, DOB, have you ever been convicted...........He asked us for our I-94 cards, passports, birth certificates, marriage lic. and DV selection letter. Thats it !!!

i2009, I also had an employment based I-485 pending. He did ask me " I assume that you will not be pursuing that case any longer, correct ? " i said yes offcourse. He did not make me sign anything that says that i am withdrawing that case.

At the end he said that everything looks good, he will request our file from the KCC and as soon as he gets it he will decide on the case. He did say that if nothing changes he has no reason to deny the case.

AND THE WAIT STARTS AGAIN !!!!:rolleyes:

We just had our interview this morning and it went GREAT !!! but we did not get a decision yet :(

We arrived 30 min before our interview time and they took us in 20 minutes later. The interview lasted about 10 min. The officer was very nice and professional.
We first took the oath and then he told us that he will not be approving or denying our case today because he still has to order our DV file from the KCC. He then proceeded to ask all the generic questions on the I-485's name, DOB, have you ever been convicted...........He asked us for our I-94 cards, passports, birth certificates, marriage lic. and DV selection letter. Thats it !!!

i2009, I also had an employment based I-485 pending. He did ask me " I assume that you will not be pursuing that case any longer, correct ? " i said yes offcourse. He did not make me sign anything that says that i am withdrawing that case.

At the end he said that everything looks good, he will request our file from the KCC and as soon as he gets it he will decide on the case. He did say that if nothing changes he has no reason to deny the case.

AND THE WAIT STARTS AGAIN !!!!:rolleyes:

Great news!!!! I am very happy for you. I was like refreshing the screen every minute and see if you posted your interview experience.

I think that Daima and Cooldude have the same experience regarding the file from the KCC. I would suggest that you call the KCC to inquire when they mailed your file. That would give you an idea of when you will be receiving your GC. It should not take long.

Thank you for pointing out about the EB case. I hope that I have no issues with it during my interview.

Well, now you can relax that everything is alright with your case.

Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your interview experience ICE MAN! It sounds like you are very close to the happy end, congrats!

Just one question arose based on what you wrote:
When can we ask KCC whether or not or when they will send our files to the USCIS?

Thank you for sharing your interview experience ICE MAN! It sounds like you are very close to the happy end, congrats!

When can we ask KCC whether or not or when they will send our files to the USCIS?

Ahad,

I called KCC a while ago, before receiving my interview letter, and asked them if the USCIS has requested my file. They answered me that they did at the beginning of December. I also asked them where did they mail it (to the Benefits Center or my Field Office) and they told me that they mailed it to my Field Office. Said that, I think that you can call them any time.

Good luck

Great news!!!! I am very happy for you. I was like refreshing the screen every minute and see if you posted your interview experience.

I think that Daima and Cooldude have the same experience regarding the file from the KCC. I would suggest that you call the KCC to inquire when they mailed your file. That would give you an idea of when you will be receiving your GC. It should not take long.

Thank you for pointing out about the EB case. I hope that I have no issues with it during my interview.

Well, now you can relax that everything is alright with your case.

Congratulations!

i2009,

Thank you for all your help. I do feel much better now.

I wish you luck with your interview on the 25th, I hope it all goes well . Since your KCC file is already at the feild office you should be able to get an instant positive decision !!!

Thank you Ahad,

You can call KCC at anytime. In fact i called them on my way to the interview and they told me nobody requested our file, so i knew that going into the interview.