• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Thoman
you said that (!!!fingerprint check is different from background check
in our case as DV winners what kind of check is neccessary for DV winner Fingerprint check OR background checkAnd Why it takes a long time after the biometreic to has an interview?

The first check can't be a personal check while the one sent with your package to Chicago can have a personal check so you can better watch your bank statement to see if they took the money out your account and nobody has stated so far that they weren't happy to see that money taken out...this is the one time in your life you really are glad to pay for something...lol

Hi Thoman
you said that (!!!fingerprint check is different from background check
in our case as DV winners what kind of check is neccessary for DV winner Fingerprint check OR background checkAnd Why it takes a long time after the biometreic to has an interview?

I believe for DV case the FBI does only the fingerprint check...which is more or less automatized system and pretty fast...however, there is, I believe, no correlation between fingerprint check returned and interview notice/apoointment...interview notice depends solely on the IO and how long it takes her/him to review yourcase and how many cases she/he has to deal with simultaneously and probably many other things...

Congrats ICE MAN and all the others who's cases are progressing.

I'm pretty happy myself as I got the AOS fee receipt stamped back AND I finished my medicals. All I have to do now is make a copy of everything and send that baby off to Chicago.

Question, since my number is current in April, is it too early to ship the package now, in February??? Anyone had a bad experience by sending it this early??? Inputs are greatly appreciated :)

I was told on the USCIS hotline that once your number appears as current in the prediction of next month visa bulletin you can apply...meaning, if the february bulletin makes a predicition of numbers becoming current for the second next month, and your number is then current, go ahead you are good to send

Thank you thoman
i think what you said is right because after i did the biometric i had an update in my case the next day
But nothing change after and until now it's still in acceptance stage

Thanks

Wrong...there is a correlation. When we went to do info pass in Jan. the USCIS employee told us that the interview would be scheduled soon due to the fingertprinting results had come in, as well as the case....

This is so strange you guys, I just talked to an immigration officer because I was told that once we get the AOS fee receipt back from DOS, we have to call and let them know that we paid the fee and our case is ready to be requested by KCC, and the IO had no idea what I'm talking about, even though I've been told this by many IOs before to do that. He also told me my dependent doesn't need any I20's or diplomas; however we both need a sponsor for I-134 form, and a letter from employer wouldn't be sufficient, regardless that I told him I'm H1B. Isn't that weird??? I'm so confused :(

This is so strange you guys, I just talked to an immigration officer because I was told that once we get the AOS fee receipt back from DOS, we have to call and let them know that we paid the fee and our case is ready to be requested by KCC, and the IO had no idea what I'm talking about, even though I've been told this by many IOs before to do that. He also told me my dependent doesn't need any I20's or diplomas; however we both need a sponsor for I-134 form, and a letter from employer wouldn't be sufficient, regardless that I told him I'm H1B. Isn't that weird??? I'm so confused :(

Mhh, I never called USCIS when I received my DOS Receipt and I've never heard or read anywhere that we have to do that. About the I-20s and Diploma for the dependent, I think as long as you are doing AOS you have to prove that you've always been in status and if you went to school here, then your I-20s and transcripts or Diploma (if you've graduated) are the proof. Why did you call them again? I thought you were getting your package ready to send to Chicago? Don't confuse yourself, just send what is asked in the I-485 instructions. Each person you call will tell you something different, so If I were you I'd just send the package.

All the best!

Really? You never heard of that? It's so strange that three different IO have told me that, including one from KCC. They all said the same thing: Once you pay the AOS fee you have to call USCIS to notify them that you paid the fee and that your case is ready to be requested for transfer from KCC to USCIS. That's just weird.
In any case, you're absolutely right, Daima, I shouldn't confuse myself like this, especially a day before I want to mail my package; but it's really strange that no two people who work in the same department can tell you the same thing. I guess I'll forget the Affidavit of Support and just send the Employer's letter. I'll be sure to include my dependent's I-20's just to show that he maintained his legal status at all time.

Thanks again so much for all your help.

Just received my interview appointment for the 03/09/2010...interesting that each of us got a letter (myself, my wife and our 8yrs old) each scheduled with 30min time difference...also, it only asks to bring this letter, passport, birth certificate, I-94, (if not previously submitted the med. exam), (if not previously submitted photographs)...also arrest report (which we don't need)...it doesn't ask for affirmative of support (eve though, only my wife is currently working on H1B and I the principal applicant/winner is currently unemployed on H4 status)...should we still bring letter from employer and prepare this affirmative of support document???also didn't ask for HS diploma or something like it even though we didn't submit them yet...
wow, anxious waiting is now joined by anxious preparation and questions what to prepare...:)

forgot...all appointment letter refer only to I485 and don't mention my application for EAD...wonder if they just missed it...any adivse on how to behave here...would like to present a job offer when I go there but son't I need the EAD beforehand to even get an offer...?

Just received my interview appointment for the 03/09/2010...interesting that each of us got a letter (myself, my wife and our 8yrs old) each scheduled with 30min time difference...also, it only asks to bring this letter, passport, birth certificate, I-94, (if not previously submitted the med. exam), (if not previously submitted photographs)...also arrest report (which we don't need)...it doesn't ask for affirmative of support (eve though, only my wife is currently working on H1B and I the principal applicant/winner is currently unemployed on H4 status)...should we still bring letter from employer and prepare this affirmative of support document???also didn't ask for HS diploma or something like it even though we didn't submit them yet...
wow, anxious waiting is now joined by anxious preparation and questions what to prepare...:)

Congratulations! Just take what they asked for and originals of everything you sent. Even if they didn't ask for the HS Diploma, take it with you. The Primary Applicant needs to show proof of DV Eligibility.

Good luck!

the biometrics appointment letter says if you have open cuts on your hands they can cancel the appointment. i have a little cut on my palm (not fingers) do you think that can be an issue?

Actually, the FBI is really efficient in running the fingerprint's (!!!fingerprint check is different from background check!!!) and returning the results to USCIS...you can call the FBI's info number and they will tell you when they return the fingerprint check to USCIS...
Congratulations on your receiving an interview letter!

Don't you think fingerprint running is part of the security clearance?

Really? You never heard of that? It's so strange that three different IO have told me that, including one from KCC. They all said the same thing: Once you pay the AOS fee you have to call USCIS to notify them that you paid the fee and that your case is ready to be requested for transfer from KCC to USCIS. That's just weird.
In any case, you're absolutely right, Daima, I shouldn't confuse myself like this, especially a day before I want to mail my package; but it's really strange that no two people who work in the same department can tell you the same thing. I guess I'll forget the Affidavit of Support and just send the Employer's letter. I'll be sure to include my dependent's I-20's just to show that he maintained his legal status at all time.

I have never heard of that either...you are already sending the AOS fee with your package, no need to separately inform them..As for affidavit of support, don't worry about it unless they specifically ask for it for your interview (which i doubt since you are already on H1B and employer letter and copy of paycheck is a proof of your income)...Good luck!

Congratulations!

I havent submitted HS diploma as well..and they didint ask it for interview as well..I guess if you already have a college diploma/transcript, why would they care about HS diploma...but of course wouldnt hurt to take it with you if you have it...

I guess the I-134 is no weighing more heavily than ever before due to the high percentage of unemployment in the US.

My friend had 7 x the poverty guidelines and had proof how long she had the money and where it came from but they kept asking and asking and when she pulled out a I-134 they stopped and said..."well we don't have to worry you will apply for welfare...." they man smiled and stamped her passport...

To me it is weird that they asked so many questions about the money if you have proof of having it and also he kept asking about memberships for clubs, which she doesn't have...

Congratulations!

I havent submitted HS diploma as well..and they didint ask it for interview as well..I guess if you already have a college diploma/transcript, why would they care about HS diploma...but of course wouldnt hurt to take it with you if you have it...

cm1979, you have to have the HS diploma, that is one of the most important documents that qualifies you and makes you eligible for the green card lottery. If you recall when you first entered the lottery, they ask that you're over 18 and have a HS diploma to be qualified. You can have a masters degree, a PHD, but if you don't have a high school diploma you can be refused. It's simply required...everything else is extra. Good luck.

Hello Norkira,

I totally agree with Daima, don't confuse yourself and get your I-485 ready. The USCIS will not know that you exist until the I-485 is filed and you get your NOAs with the Alien Number and the Receipt Number. Calling them to notify that you already paid the DOS fees is useless. I too got confused about it when I received the second notification letter acknowledging that I decided to apply for AOS and it stated that I needed to send the notification letter to the USCIS office nearest my place of residency.

As for the I-20, all the applicants need to submit supporting documentation of current status (i.e. photocopies of visa stamps, I-94's, etc). Only the DV winner needs to prove education or work experience as evidence of eligibility.

Good luck!