• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Wow, this forum disappeared yesterday! I thought all the info would be gone but it's back here now which is good.

Hey, user cm and all, here's what my status is right now:

Today is the 17th day after my interview. No news no nothing in my online status and mailbox. I am desperate right now. The IO said I should be receiving my card in 2-3 weeks if nothing goes wrong. Now it's closing to the preiod. I really do not know what the heck is going on... Sometimes I wonder if visa is not available to me? Or my background check is not cleared yet? But the IO said my case is fine.

I just contacted my attroney who helped me to prepare my application. He will contact USCIS to inquire my status. Unfortunately, he said I will still have to wait 60 days for USCIS to respond any inquiry. 60 days!!!!???!!?!?! I thought 3 weeks is long enough already. Every day just passed by and I am kind of numb to what I have been suffering now... This is worst than my exam result release date, at least I know on the release date if I fail or pass. But this is just dragging for weeks and you do not know what is going on....

While my attroney inquires about my status via call, should I schedule an infopass to visit the USCIS office?????? I really want to find out why...
I really hope to have good news for you guys from me. but I am just hanging by a thread.....

Thanks for the update drake. Same exact thing is happening to me (except that my interview was 2 days later than yours). This is driving me crazy. I have been going home during lunch time from work just to check mail - nothing! your interview was almost same as mine - the officer said everything was fine and she would grant it to me. but she had to check visa availability in the afternoon. That time i didnt worry too much but now i am thinking maybe she forgot about my case!!??

I did make an infopass appointment for next wednesday. I think this is the best we could do right now, since the customer service number or the online case status thing is not helpful (still showing "acceptance". unbelievable! why do they even have that service i dont understand!!)

Anyhow, i know that eventually we will get it..but this is way too stressing...I wish we didint go thru all these..I hope she just checked the visa availability when i was there and approved it like other IOs did...

Where are you from in Europe and what happened during the interview? Did your case arrive before you had the interview? I guess not otherwise they would have mentioned that biometrics had come back okay or not....

Where are you from and what is your case #....did they mention that anything was missing or you needed to provide more info after the interview. or that you were approved?

Visa # are available so that can't be the issue....

When we went for infopass last month the employee told us that the last years not all visa's were used, so don't worry about they running out of them...and time is still on your side:)

I am from ASIA and my case number is 7xxx.
IO did not find anything missing. I had everything there. She did not approve there as I asked her to stamp my passport and take my I94 but she refused. The office is in Des Moines Iowa.
Well, I think I might have to schedule an Infopass. The truth is: the process is smooth for some people and it's rough for some people. The latter one is a test on patience.

Hi All,

It seems I have been out of the loop for quite some time. First of all, congratulation to i2009,bentelbee,cooldude,Daima and all in this forum who has recently received their GC; what a great news. I am kind not enthusiastic about DV2010 for Asia. I had high hopes but as the CN for Asia is moving so slow, I am about to lose hope and focusing in my day to day life. BTW, my CN is AS28XXX. Just wanted to introduce myself to new members. Any opinion about the Asia case number movement?

Good luck to all.

good to see that the thread is back, but I don't see my posts i made that night. that is not the first time my posts are being deleted without any prior notice or explanation.
i understand that this is someone's private forum, but those words were MINE.....
I really like to interact with people who are going through the same process that I am going through, otherwise I could just get the F out of here.....

good to see that the thread is back, but I don't see my posts i made that night. that is not the first time my posts are being deleted without any prior notice or explanation.
i understand that this is someone's private forum, but those words were MINE.....
I really like to interact with people who are going through the same process that I am going through, otherwise I could just get the F out of here.....

Hi Ahad,

I don't think that someone would attempt to take out somebody's post on purpose. I think there might be a system flaw, as someone mentioned the forum was off for a day. It has happened with me once too i.e. post written but not found the next day. I wrote a very lengthy message informing of something and then when i checked next morning it was not posted. But somebody else replied to it ... so i didn't bother writing it all over again.

To people who asked about my friends interview...I put a new thread up to let every one know aht they asked, etc...maybe it had to do with her visa and being here for almost 10 years, that they asked way more questions than I have seen with others and specially strange they kept asking about the money since she had proof where it came from...perhaps because she had a large amount at a young age...so having more money than the average can work against you during the interview, but for sure will help you in life...haha...

No time to party unfortunately since she flew back to College the same day, but knowing the outcome is worth all missed classes.

Thanks for the update drake. Same exact thing is happening to me (except that my interview was 2 days later than yours). This is driving me crazy. I have been going home during lunch time from work just to check mail - nothing! your interview was almost same as mine - the officer said everything was fine and she would grant it to me. but she had to check visa availability in the afternoon. That time i didnt worry too much but now i am thinking maybe she forgot about my case!!??

I did make an infopass appointment for next wednesday. I think this is the best we could do right now, since the customer service number or the online case status thing is not helpful (still showing "acceptance". unbelievable! why do they even have that service i dont understand!!)

Anyhow, i know that eventually we will get it..but this is way too stressing...I wish we didint go thru all these..I hope she just checked the visa availability when i was there and approved it like other IOs did...

Hello cm1979 and drake,

It is not possible that all the visas have been used so far; we are not even 1/2 way of the Fiscal Year for 2010 and they never get to use all the 50K visas available for DV cases. I think that the best thing to do is take InfoPasses and see if you can talk with a supervisor. There have been cases where the InfoPass Officer was able to call the Interview Officer or go and check with him/her and that was enough to get the cases out of a drawer. If InfoPasses are not enough, then you will need to turn to a Senator Office in your State.

I agree, the online case status is useless.

Good luck guys and I hope that you get your GCs real soon

Hi All,

It seems I have been out of the loop for quite some time. First of all, congratulation to i2009,bentelbee,cooldude,Daima and all in this forum who has recently received their GC; what a great news. I am kind not enthusiastic about DV2010 for Asia. I had high hopes but as the CN for Asia is moving so slow, I am about to lose hope and focusing in my day to day life. BTW, my CN is AS28XXX. Just wanted to introduce myself to new members. Any opinion about the Asia case number movement?

Good luck to all.

Hello maila,

Please don't lose hope. I did a little research and I compared the last 5 years cut-off numbers for Asia for January and June. This is what I found:

January 2010: 9,475 - June: ?
January 2009: 8,300 - June: 30,350
January 2008: 6,100 - June: 11,900
January 2007: 3,800 - June: 6,800
January 2006: 3,100 - June: 6,700

The tendency seems to be that the cut-off numbers are higher. Let's hope this tendency continues, if that's the case your CN should become current in June.

Best of luck!

Hello cm1979 and drake,

I agree, the online case status is useless.

Good luck guys and I hope that you get your GCs real soon

well, its not completely useless...at least the LUD keeps you informed about when someone has opened and dealt with your case...but I agree that the general case status doesn't provide much of help

Hello maila,

Please don't lose hope. I did a little research and I compared the last 5 years cut-off numbers for Asia for January and June. This is what I found:

January 2010: 9,475 - June: ?
January 2009: 8,300 - June: 30,350
January 2008: 6,100 - June: 11,900
January 2007: 3,800 - June: 6,800
January 2006: 3,100 - June: 6,700

The tendency seems to be that the cut-off numbers are higher. Let's hope this tendency continues, if that's the case your CN should become current in June.

Best of luck!

Hi i2009,

Thanks for taking time for pulling out some info. It certainly gives some rays of hope. Do you think I should wait for my medical?

Good luck to all.

well, its not completely useless...at least the LUD keeps you informed about when someone has opened and dealt with your case...but I agree that the general case status doesn't provide much of help

My LUD shows 12/17/2009 which is the day after my biometrics.

Are there situations where people get their green cards even if case status gets never update or if LUD doesnt change at all? If my IO already talked to MSC (which she was supposed to on the afternoon of the interview day); is it still possible for LUD not to change?

I called USCIS and talked to a real person..However, they wont help on the phone. They also said that it has to be at least 60 days after interview for them to further investigate my case...

Are there situations where people get their green cards even if case status gets never update or if LUD doesnt change at all? If my IO already talked to MSC (which she was supposed to on the afternoon of the interview day); is it still possible for LUD not to change?

I called USCIS and talked to a real person..However, they wont help on the phone. They also said that it has to be at least 60 days after interview for them to further investigate my case...

Well, I guess at the end it all depends of the IO and how accurate he/she updates not only the offline records but also the online update...

I can understand how you might feel right now, waiting for the journey to come to an end already...but at least you are almost through...perhaps you should just make weekly infopass appintment and try to push your case over the finish line...

Sorry for what is going on with your case!!I hope soon we will have good news from you!!according to my experience,my case status updated two days after the interview and received gc within 7 working days .Am not so sure about people get gc without case status update, anyone with more news about that can correct me pls!!Its like IO forget to work on your case otherwise you could already get some good news!I think its a right time for you to make an infopass before getting more late!Thats normal telling people to wait for 60 days after interview though to some people it doesnt go up those days!!wish you goodlucky

NOA arrived for I-485 and I-765. Next stop: biometrics appointment letter. :)

Last edited by a moderator: