• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hello thomen,

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. I did the same calling the USCIS hotline (many times) only for them to read me what was shown in the online case status website which was not updated. It is so frustrating not knowing where our cases are or what step are they in.

The Lee Summit is the National Benefits Center (aka Missouri Service Center). It is where the package is sent from the Chicago Lockbox for initial processing.

What I did is calling the KCC and ask them if my case was requested by the USCIS. They told me that they did and that they mailed it to the USCIS Field Office so I assumed that my case wasn't in Missouri any more as opposed to what the case status said. Anyway, the KCC confirmed that they mailed my file to the USCIS Field Office on 12/02/09 and my interview letter arrived on 01/29/10.

I see that it is almost 2 months since you sent your package, where is your location?

I think that you should ask where your case is being processed and if your name check was clear and, of course, if they know when the interview letter would be mailed.

Hang in there and best of luck!

Hi i2009,

thanks for your info. I will call KCC to see if they already sent my package to my field office in West Palm Beach, Florida ( I believe thats my field office as I did there my fingerprints).
Good luck for your interview. BTW, what are you required to bring along? I read a few times here that people also included their High School diplomas in their AOS packages. I actually didn't as I nowhere read that it was required, well, lets just see..

Thanks,
Thomen

Thank you guys for the replies!!!

So, does everybody has the reciept numbers which begin MSC? What does it depend on?

Hi there,

I believe all get a receipt number beginning with MSC (Missouri Service Center). Appearantly the MSC is the place where the AOS packages are forwarded after receipt and acknowledged in Chicago. MSC is probably also the place which assigns your field office based on your zip code.

I will wait in the hall way...I guess they won't allow me in there...:)...I will write a.s.a.p. but hopefully we can celebrate first....

HI bentlebee
where are you based? because I had my bio done on the 12/22 and im awaiting my interview letter too and i see you just got yours, I'm at the Los Angeles office.

Hi there,

I believe all get a receipt number beginning with MSC (Missouri Service Center). Appearantly the MSC is the place where the AOS packages are forwarded after receipt and acknowledged in Chicago. MSC is probably also the place which assigns your field office based on your zip code.

Ok, now it's more clear to me) I hope for the best. Thanks for the help)

Wow, this forum disappeared yesterday! I thought all the info would be gone but it's back here now which is good.

Hey, user cm and all, here's what my status is right now:

Today is the 17th day after my interview. No news no nothing in my online status and mailbox. I am desperate right now. The IO said I should be receiving my card in 2-3 weeks if nothing goes wrong. Now it's closing to the preiod. I really do not know what the heck is going on... Sometimes I wonder if visa is not available to me? Or my background check is not cleared yet? But the IO said my case is fine.

I just contacted my attroney who helped me to prepare my application. He will contact USCIS to inquire my status. Unfortunately, he said I will still have to wait 60 days for USCIS to respond any inquiry. 60 days!!!!???!!?!?! I thought 3 weeks is long enough already. Every day just passed by and I am kind of numb to what I have been suffering now... This is worst than my exam result release date, at least I know on the release date if I fail or pass. But this is just dragging for weeks and you do not know what is going on....

While my attroney inquires about my status via call, should I schedule an infopass to visit the USCIS office?????? I really want to find out why...
I really hope to have good news for you guys from me. but I am just hanging by a thread.....

Wow, this forum disappeared yesterday! I thought all the info would be gone but it's back here now which is good.

Hey, user cm and all, here's what my status is right now:

Today is the 17th day after my interview. No news no nothing in my online status and mailbox. I am desperate right now. The IO said I should be receiving my card in 2-3 weeks if nothing goes wrong. Now it's closing to the preiod. I really do not know what the heck is going on... Sometimes I wonder if visa is not available to me? Or my background check is not cleared yet? But the IO said my case is fine.

I just contacted my attroney who helped me to prepare my application. He will contact USCIS to inquire my status. Unfortunately, he said I will still have to wait 60 days for USCIS to respond any inquiry. 60 days!!!!???!!?!?! I thought 3 weeks is long enough already. Every day just passed by and I am kind of numb to what I have been suffering now... This is worst than my exam result release date, at least I know on the release date if I fail or pass. But this is just dragging for weeks and you do not know what is going on....

While my attroney inquires about my status via call, should I schedule an infopass to visit the USCIS office?????? I really want to find out why...
I really hope to have good news for you guys from me. but I am just hanging by a thread.....

Hello Drake,

I think that you should schedule an InfoPass and see if you can talk to the Immigration Officer that interviewed you. There were some cases where a push was needed. I think it was simpleman that got his GC after an InfoPass appointment because the Immigration Officer just forgot to move his case.

Good luck and keep us posted

Last edited by a moderator:
I had just another infopass to inquire about my case...before I went there I called FBI and KCC to make sure that my fingerprint results and DV case were submitted to the field office...which was the case.
I was informed during infopass that I should get my interview (or interview appointment?) in about a month and my EAD might arrive even a little earlier (though it was referred to the 90 days period after filing, which actually would and also in about a month)....
So I hope things are moving now again, I guess it was good to give it a "little push" and inquire in person about a case update...
now again, a month of waiting

I am so Happy for everybody on this forum. Daima, cooldude, happy2009, june620., etc. Yall helped me alot. This forum is so helpful