• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Haha every one is reacting the same..."can't wait for the check's to be cashed"....

If it is taking too long for the check's to be cashed it could be they send the whole package back due to something missing. My friend forgot to check one little tiny box which already was pretty clear on all papers why she fied the papers...but she did have to check that box her self....She did and the check was cashed...so don't worry if that happened. All her papers were already scanned because you could see all papers where stamped on the side, even that paper.

She has her interview this week so hopefully she will be done with the process....:)

i am afraid of this.....i did my best to check all the little boxes and included all the documentation....i already applied almost a month after my case became current, i don't want my case to come back.......
my envelope was there on saturday, so i am pretty sure they got it on monday, so they had only 5 days to review our case (me, wife, and son), I hope they will cash it next week......i hope.....

Hi vzla
as you can see below i had my BIO on the 22nd of december and im now waiting for the interview letter to come by my calculations from other people at the Los angeles office i should receive the letter round the middle of February i noticed you had your bi on the 8th of dec and got your interview for 28th jan. what office where you at? and when did you get actually recieve your letter? I have set up an info pass for the 17th just in case i havent received my interview by then but it is starting to freak me out a bit i haven't even got my letter yet. thanks in advance for any advice
steve
06/08/2009 : NL from KCC
06/12/2009 : Sent DSP122(only)+barcode to KCC 05/12/2009 : Received 2nd letter from DOS
11/16/2009: AOS package delivered
12/22/2009: Biometrics appointment for 12/22 (done)
waiting for interview letter!!!!!!

Hi vzla
as you can see below i had my BIO on the 22nd of december and im now waiting for the interview letter to come by my calculations from other people at the Los angeles office i should receive the letter round the middle of February i noticed you had your bi on the 8th of dec and got your interview for 28th jan. what office where you at? and when did you get actually recieve your letter? I have set up an info pass for the 17th just in case i havent received my interview by then but it is starting to freak me out a bit i haven't even got my letter yet. thanks in advance for any advice
steve
06/08/2009 : NL from KCC
06/12/2009 : Sent DSP122(only)+barcode to KCC 05/12/2009 : Received 2nd letter from DOS
11/16/2009: AOS package delivered
12/22/2009: Biometrics appointment for 12/22 (done)
waiting for interview letter!!!!!!

Hey Steve2010,
My case was handled at Norfolk Field Office in Virginia. It is not a crowded office, thanks God. I got the interview letter on Jan 6. and the rest is on my signature, but that is a good idea that you already have an info pass set. Maybe your are lucky and get some help from it. The important thing we need to understand before freaking out is the fact that there are offices that are very CROWDED and also their PROCESSING TIME. Even though they WILL expedite your case because you are a DV winner, you have to wait for them to be able to schedule an appointment on their already messed up system. So hang in there, you will soon get your interview letter and let's hope you get it before your info pass appointment, so you don't have to use it.
God bless!

Hey Steve2010,
My case was handled at Norfolk Field Office in Virginia. It is not a crowded office, thanks God. I got the interview letter on Jan 6. and the rest is on my signature, but that is a good idea that you already have an info pass set. Maybe your are lucky and get some help from it. The important thing we need to understand before freaking out is the fact that there are offices that are very CROWDED and also their PROCESSING TIME. Even though they WILL expedite your case because you are a DV winner, you have to wait for them to be able to schedule an appointment on their already messed up system. So hang in there, you will soon get your interview letter and let's hope you get it before your info pass appointment, so you don't have to use it.
God bless!

When my friend did infopass she was told DV was the same time frame as any other GC...which shouldn't be the case but if you look at her dates you will notice it is indeed 4 months just as they stated on the infopass timeline for Tampa...She has her interview this Wednesday...:)

Yes yes!!!! Congratulations Yaku. I am very happy for you. This week definitely brought good news to all of us. Now we should keep our fingers crossed for linda.

When is your interview scheduled?

Congrats one more time!

I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow .... !!!

Congrats to all of you...I am very happy for you guys:))

I checked my status on the USCIS website (check case status). It still shows "acceptance". They never updated that. I am not sure where you look at for the LUD. I also saw that you can sign up for e-mail alerts but i havent done that..Is there a separate place that you guys check these LUD etc?

cm1979 LUD stands for "last updated date". You can find that date when you log into your account next to the receipt #'s. That date normally changes every time someone at USCIS accesses your file. you normally would not receive a text or email when that happens. You would only receive a text or email only if they change the status like from "acceptance" to "initial review" or "decision".

I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow .... !!!

Congrats to all of you...I am very happy for you guys:))

linda555, I hope you get an answer about your interview date tomorrow !!
Stay positive it will come soon.

Do you by any chance have any other I-485 cases that are still open ?

hi
I see a lot of people talking about their EAD AND ADVANCE PAROLE. I intentionally didnt fill fill out these two and hand them in as my J1 visa is still valid till april 30th and i have no plans to leave the country until next year but im beginning to wonder if I should have handed these in too as evryone talks about them. any advice?

hi
I see a lot of people talking about their EAD AND ADVANCE PAROLE. I intentionally didnt fill fill out these two and hand them in as my J1 visa is still valid till april 30th and i have no plans to leave the country until next year but im beginning to wonder if I should have handed these in too as evryone talks about them. any advice?

I was thinking about the same thing, I have a job at least for 4 years to come and no plans for travel in the horizon. But then decided to fill out one, just because I am paying for EAD already (as anyone else). But did not fill out advance parole.
I don't think that will have any negative effect on the application. These are more suitable for family based petitions, imho.

I think you shouldn't worry, I hope they will cashed them tomorrow.
When I called to USCIS they told me that it takes ussually from 2 to 3 weeks. So, let's hope for the best!
Now, I am waiting for NOA, and I still haven't got it. I want ot get it asap, but I know I need a time)))
Tommorow is gonna be a new week for everybody who waits for news!

hi

Me neither!! I also had the same concern, but I said to myself I am not planning to go anywhere before July '10 and I was expenting to receive my green card no later than March '10, you know my own calculations, because of the standard Processing Time for most of DV winners in this thread and previous years (2-4 months since the moment of your filing) Hopefully you will be fine...

i am afraid of this.....i did my best to check all the little boxes and included all the documentation....i already applied almost a month after my case became current, i don't want my case to come back.......
my envelope was there on saturday, so i am pretty sure they got it on monday, so they had only 5 days to review our case (me, wife, and son), I hope they will cash it next week......i hope.....

Hello Ahad,

No need to be afraid, in the worst case scenario your case will be returned and fortunately you still have time to fix the problem and resend your package to the lockbox. What the other person said they forgot to fill a "one little tiny box" was nothing less than the answer to question "Part 2. Application Type" which is huge on the I-485. Don't worry, you should be OK.

Good luck, you should be receiving your NOAs pretty soon.

Hi vzla
steve

Hello Steve,

The biometrics appointment is scheduled by the Benefit Center in Missouri, the interview appointment is scheduled by the local office. Said that, most of the cases have similar time frames for the NOAs and the biometrics appointment. As you can see, most of us have had way different time frames to receive the interview appointment. Some received the interview appointment in less than a month, some in 3 months or more.

The DV cases are expedite so the times shown as standard time processing for a Field Office should not apply for DV cases (as some other person said). What is true is that the processing times for a Field Office could give you an idea of how busy your Field Office is comparing it to others.

Good luck and keep us posted

Thank you, i2009, ICE MAN, Tk2010, cooldude06_78, and Daima,

I saw i2009 received the interview letter and I knew mine was coming soon because our process is similar with the dates especially with the fingerprint and we are both in Philly region. So Saturday, it was in my mailbox. They just ask for ID and I-94 on the letter but I will take whatever I have with me to the interview.

I just want to thank to those who keep helping out to other in this forum. It was really helpful to me. I appreciate it.

Congrats ayataf on your interview letter. So when is it? Good luck. Hope everything goes smoothly.

I went there today and they told me that my case is being processed by a Supervisor ... And i should wait for my card in mail or they gonna send me a letter ... That's all that she told me !!!

What does this mean? Is this normal :(?

What does the supervisor do?

I went there today and they told me that my case is being processed by a Supervisor ... And i should wait for my card in mail or they gonna send me a letter ... That's all that she told me !!!

What does this mean? Is this normal :(?

What does the supervisor do?

Hello Linda,

I am sorry to hear that they didn't give you much information about your case. I don't know if it is normal that a Supervisor is processing your case but the good news is that someone is doing it and it seems that your case is in the Boston Office already. I would suggest that you give it one more week and then schedule another infopass and try to talk with a supervisor.

I hope that you receive your interview letter real soon