• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

It says , "On January 8, 2010, we ordered production of your new card". Will they specifically say " your card is mailed on ..... day " ?

Never mind the question, I received both the Employment Aut. Card and The Green Card today :) Thanks to everyone in this forum that helped me during this painful process, I wouldn't be able to do it without you guys. I am looking forward to help others to get through this process as much as i can.

The A# on an OPT EAD card is no longer valid for AOS. USCIS will give you a new A# as part of AOS. The A# on your AOS EAD card will also be on your green card.

Hello everyone. I am quoting this message because I am looking for any kind of reassurance or confirmation for it.

I visited a local USCIS office through infopass appointment last week and asked her regarding A#. (my wife has expired employment authorization card).

The USCIS staff asked to show her the A# on it and said we should write "None" wherever asked for A# for her.
What do you think about this?

Never mind the question, I received both the Employment Aut. Card and The Green Card today :) Thanks to everyone in this forum that helped me during this painful process, I wouldn't be able to do it without you guys. I am looking forward to help others to get through this process as much as i can.

Congrats hek.:)

ok. I didn't open the sealed one. They gave me one sealed result. I didn't open it. Second one is my copy. and I got two shot one for mmr and the other one is tetenose. and i also have vh which means i already had my chicken pox. so i don't need a shot for that. my td skin test was negative so i don't need x-ray. but, i don't understand you wrote all that thing instead mine is written same as yours. you are ok or mine is written "vaccine history complete for each vaccine, all requirements met" You could just say you are ok. there is no problem with your report or you may have problem.

i need to ask again to who got their medical exam done and got their copy. On your copy (not the sealed one). What is written at the vaccination part?

Mine is written " "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) as indicated above."

am I in a kind of trouble or is this ok? i just wanna know what is written in your copy of medical exam at the vaccination part.

My copy says "Vaccine history complete for each vaccine, all requirements met." If I was you, I would call or visit the doctor and ask him his reason to make sure he did not make an error. All the best.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I have an expired OPT EAD card with an A# and I kind of assumed that I have to list that on I-485. I know it was listed on my H1B application.

Hello everyone. I am quoting this message because I am looking for any kind of reassurance or confirmation for it.

I visited a local USCIS office through infopass appointment last week and asked her regarding A#. (my wife has expired employment authorization card).

The USCIS staff asked to show her the A# on it and said we should write "None" wherever asked for A# for her.
What do you think about this?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I have an expired OPT EAD card with an A# and I kind of assumed that I have to list that on I-485. I know it was listed on my H1B application.

I don't think it matters whether you put it or not. I had an EAD from when I finished undergraduate which I never used. They gave me the same A# when I applied for a new EAD after grad school, I put it on my AOS application, but my new A# is different.

So I I think just select none/N/A or you can put the A# you have, it really doesn't matter!

Thank you Daima for your answer. This site rocks because of members like you. Thank you for sticking around even after you got your GC.

I don't think it matters whether you put it or not. I had an EAD from when I finished undergraduate which I never used. They gave me the same A# when I applied for a new EAD after grad school, I put it on my AOS application, but my new A# is different.

So I I think just select none/N/A or you can put the A# you have, it really doesn't matter!

I'm almost done preparing my package, thanks to all the info on this site, and I only have a couple of questions left.

1. For I-485 in Part 2 what do I check for my wife? Is it "b"?
  2. Do I need to send in all my I-20's? I transferred about 4 times so I have a bunch.
  3. For which degree do I need to send in transcript? I figured MS and BS is enough, I don't need it for my AA degree, right?
  4. I've read all about I-864 and I-130 for the main applicant but do we need it for the spouse?
  5. Can I send both my and my wife's applications in one packet?

Appreciate any help.

Hello everybody,
I have read a lot in this forum so far, but I am new as a user.
My number is 2010EU00000xxx (Orlando) and so far everything went ok.
I had my biometrics on Nov.12, 2009 but ever since I have just received the travel advanced parole (I-131) and the work authorization (I-765).
But I am still waiting for an interview letter.
My lawyer called the toll free number 1-800 375-5283 and was told that my file is in Missouri, where they do background checks. He also told me that every file goes there. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks for your help.

I'm almost done preparing my package, thanks to all the info on this site, and I only have a couple of questions left.

1. For I-485 in Part 2 what do I check for my wife? Is it "b"?
  2. Do I need to send in all my I-20's? I transferred about 4 times so I have a bunch.
  3. For which degree do I need to send in transcript? I figured MS and BS is enough, I don't need it for my AA degree, right?
  4. I've read all about I-864 and I-130 for the main applicant but do we need it for the spouse?
  5. Can I send both my and my wife's applications in one packet?

Appreciate any help.
1. The principal applicant (DVL winner) should check a, and derivatives should check b, afaik.
2. They ask for a visa page of your passport (if issued within a year), but I am including my 3 y.o. visa page and all 2019 (similar to I20) forms. It is a very important document that will show that you have always retained your legal status during your whole stay.
3. We are sending all diplomas and transcripts from every level, both for me and my wife. Better to send a few days later than to have it rejected and delayed for a longer period of time.
4. I am not sure why you are doing those forms. Maybe because your spouse is not in the US? Affidavit of support is not needed for DVL AOS filing. That is what I have found out after long time of search and self-education.
5. I also would like to know an answer for this.

You are a bit ahead of us, we still have to do our medicals.

Thank you CCS3840 for sharing your process. I think that I have a question for you: did your attorney follow up with your case after it was filed or did s/he only help in filling in the forms? The reason I ask is because I know that some attorneys have certain contacts that they can call so they can track and/or ensure that the case is moving.

Thanks!

Hi i2009,

No, our lawyer only helped us with the forms and the filling. Since the case moved along pretty fast there was no need for him to make any especial follow up.

ok. I didn't open the sealed one. They gave me one sealed result. I didn't open it. Second one is my copy. and I got two shot one for mmr and the other one is tetenose. and i also have vh which means i already had my chicken pox. so i don't need a shot for that. my td skin test was negative so i don't need x-ray. but, i don't understand you wrote all that thing instead mine is written same as yours. you are ok or mine is written "vaccine history complete for each vaccine, all requirements met" You could just say you are ok. there is no problem with your report or you may have problem.

i need to ask again to who got their medical exam done and got their copy. On your copy (not the sealed one). What is written at the vaccination part?

Mine is written " "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) as indicated above."

am I in a kind of trouble or is this ok? i just wanna know what is written in your copy of medical exam at the vaccination part.

Mine says the same as yours and it wasn't a problem later.
I think that it means that even tough you don't have all the vaccinations (or don't have proof that you had them) you are still OK because you are not required to have the missing ones (for example, some vaccinations are only required for certain age groups).

Congratulations hek123!!!

1. The principal applicant (DVL winner) should check a, and derivatives should check b, afaik.
2. They ask for a visa page of your passport (if issued within a year), but I am including my 3 y.o. visa page and all 2019 (similar to I20) forms. It is a very important document that will show that you have always retained your legal status during your whole stay.
3. We are sending all diplomas and transcripts from every level, both for me and my wife. Better to send a few days later than to have it rejected and delayed for a longer period of time.
4. I am not sure why you are doing those forms. Maybe because your spouse is not in the US? Affidavit of support is not needed for DVL AOS filing. That is what I have found out after long time of search and self-education.

You can send yours and your wife's applications in one package. You need to clearly separate the cases by rubber band or clip fasteners.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

good luck!

Hello everybody!!!!! Congratulations again to those who have received their green card. I have been waiting with other people like i2009 for so long now. I am tired waiting for that interview. My number was current since november, the same month than Daima and some more; I have filed since october 1st;I did my biometric since the beginning of november; 3 1/2 months already;but I am stuck. I do not even know where. I am tired of waiting!!!!!!!! I am really really tired.

just make sure to make two checks, one for each applicant...I did cut one check for the three of us and my application was first returned...

Hello everybody!!!!! Congratulations again to those who have received their green card. I have been waiting with other people like i2009 for so long now. I am tired waiting for that interview. My number was current since november, the same month than Daima and some more; I have filed since october 1st;I did my biometric since the beginning of november; 3 1/2 months already;but I am stuck. I do not even know where. I am tired of waiting!!!!!!!! I am really really tired.

Sorry to hear that Zapatos. I think you should do an infopass again. It is kind of late for NYC office too. Hope you get it soon. I think you should tell them you are concerned that it might be lost in the mail so want to check if it has been already sent! All the best to you.