• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

It is moving !

Hi Everybody,
Just want to update on my case - received the interview letter today for the first week of February. Good luck to all of us !

Hi Everybody,
Just want to update on my case - received the interview letter today for the first week of February. Good luck to all of us !

Way to go happy! Very happy for you. I know what the wait is. Now relax and wait for the interview.

Way to go happy! Very happy for you. I know what the wait is. Now relax and wait for the interview.

Thanks i2009 ! I am sure yours is on the way... your field office is not busier than mine.If I received mine, your is coming soon...No doubt !

Hi Everybody,

Greaaat!

i2009, am sure urs is on the way too. Now the year has begun, I think we are going to see some activity on the cases.

hi guys this is a great site! I did my biometrics on the 22nd dec I presume from the other threads the next step is the interview what the general wait for the interview letter to come through. the waiting is killing me!!! lol
p.s Im in the Los Angeles branch

"HAPPY2010" I NOTICED YOU ARE ABOUT A MONTH AHEAD OF ME IN THE PROCESS AND YOU JUST RECEIVED YOURS TODAY WOULD IT BE WISE TO THINK I WOULD GENERALLY RECEIVE MINE THIS TIME NEXT MONTH (FEB 2010) GOOD LUCK BY THE WAY

06/08/2009 : NL from KCC
06/12/2009 : Sent DSP122(only)+barcode to KCC 05/12/2009 : Received 2nd letter from DOS
11/16/2009: AOS package delivered
12/22/2009: Biometrics appointment for 12/22 (done)
waiting for interview letter!!!!!!

"HAPPY2010" I NOTICED YOU ARE ABOUT A MONTH AHEAD OF ME IN THE PROCESS AND YOU JUST RECEIVED YOURS TODAY WOULD IT BE WISE TO THINK I WOULD GENERALLY RECEIVE MINE THIS TIME NEXT MONTH (FEB 2010) GOOD LUCK BY THE WAY

That would be a good guess steve as it is the same field office.

Hi everyone!
I am a DV Lottery 2010 winner with a skyhigh number. (AF 73XXX)
I really enjoy reading about all your success stories but I was wondering if anyone else had a high CN and if they chose AOS or CP... I still haven't received anything from KCC and when I called they confirmed they received the forms but I am guessing I am not a priority at the moment!
Anyways if anyone has input on skyhigh CN and strategies, I will be glad to hear :)
Thanks

People usually do the CP option with very high numbers. If you want to go for AOS, if you look at the last year's visa bulletins, all numbers became current in sep 2009, but this was mentioned in the Aug 2009 bulletin. So if that be the case, you could apply by 1st of Aug 2010 (if the bulletin in Aug 2010 shows all numbers current in Sep). Just make sure all your paperwork is complete and you are not missing anything that could be asked for at the interview.

hi guys this is a great site! I did my biometrics on the 22nd dec I presume from the other threads the next step is the interview what the general wait for the interview letter to come through. the waiting is killing me!!! lol
p.s Im in the Los Angeles branch

Yes indeed , you can expect the same timeline for the interview letter.I noticed that they are pretty much consistent on their timeline as I have compared my file with the people doing AOS in the same office last year ! good luck to you ! :)

Hi everyone,
Thanks for keeping this forum so helpful. I have been watching this forum since i got my first letter.

My interview is coming in 10days. In the interview letter it asked for Tax return for past 3 years. I got my SSN in 2007 and I worked on campus. I filed my returns in 2008 for year ending 2007. But i did not print out the form. I have no where to find it. I printed out the tax return ending year 2008 though. I went to the IRS website and requested the return transcript via phone.

The problem is they say it will take about 2 weeks for it to arrive....

Is the IO going to ask the prove of tax return? I made 2 tax return so far and only got the 2008 copy. the 2007 ones might not make it on time to my interview.
What should I say to the IO? I really do not want this tax return stuff pull back my progress :(
Was any of you who went to interview asked to show the tax return forms?

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

have been away for long time with too many issues that kept me busy all the time. So as you can see i can't remember the dates since i didn't keep track of any. right now i'm doing my bio tomorrow and still waiting for my interview letter, any one from New york that received the letter? If not does anyone knows when should i expect it?

Thanks all

need help and its urgent. i am going through all of what you all did except for one thing. i did not send dsp122 or ds230 to DOS. i just sent $375 visa fee to Dept of State and got my receipt. my aos is filed and i am scheduled a biometrics appointment
and i did not send it cuz local (wash dc) uscis officer i consulted when i got my nl said i won't need them. the reason: i am already in the us and i am just adjusting my status.
do you think i should still send those forms?

Nov 09: Sent $375 (DoS)
Dec 09: Receipt ($375)
Dec 09: Medical done
Dec 09: Visa # current
Dec 09: Package sent to Chicago
Jan 10: NoA
Jan 10: Biometrics scheduled...
...and that is where i am now

Thanks i2009 ! I am sure yours is on the way... your field office is not busier than mine.If I received mine, your is coming soon...No doubt !

Thank you daima and happy2010. I too hope that my interview note is on its way. It's this wait and the lack of information that is killing me.

Thanks guys, this forum is not only helpful with the information it provides but also the support of its members.

Best of luck to everyone!

need help and its urgent. i am going through all of what you all did except for one thing. i did not send dsp122 or ds230 to DOS. i just sent $375 visa fee to Dept of State and got my receipt. my aos is filed and i am scheduled a biometrics appointment
and i did not send it cuz local (wash dc) uscis officer i consulted when i got my nl said i won't need them. the reason: i am already in the us and i am just adjusting my status.

Send it now. You mainly need to send the dsp122. It is important to send it as the IO will order your file from KCC, and if KCC doesn't have that info ... it could cause delays. Send it now and send it overnight. That's what i would do. I actually sent all the forms: dsp122 and ds230 part1 and part2. All the best.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for keeping this forum so helpful. I have been watching this forum since i got my first letter.

My interview is coming in 10days. In the interview letter it asked for Tax return for past 3 years. I got my SSN in 2007 and I worked on campus. I filed my returns in 2008 for year ending 2007. But i did not print out the form. I have no where to find it. I printed out the tax return ending year 2008 though. I went to the IRS website and requested the return transcript via phone.

The problem is they say it will take about 2 weeks for it to arrive....

The IO may ask for it. It varies based on the IO and maybe the local field office too. Be honest to them. Tell them what you have. If you want, you probably have the electronic copy of the 2007 tax. Just print it out, don't sign it and explain it to them that you have the record but it is a copy and not the original and since it was printed from the computer it is not signed. I don't think it would be a problem as far as you convey the full picture. Hopefully you will get the transcropts before your interview, as 10 days could be the average time you should have it in the mail. Good luck.

Nov 09: Sent $375 (DoS)
Dec 09: Receipt ($375)
Dec 09: Medical done
Dec 09: Visa # current
Dec 09: Package sent to Chicago
Jan 10: NoA
Jan 10: Biometrics scheduled...
...and that is where i am now

I received the same advise as you did from my local USCIS office and also from my lawyer. So, I did the same as you: sent my payment to the DOS but did not send any other forms.
After sending the payment I did receive the second NL from KCC acknowledging that I opted for AOS, so I didn't worry about it anymore. If you also received the second letter then I wouldn't expect any problems or delays.

I already had the interview last week and received the welcome letter and the CPO for the green card (I will update my signature later), so based on my experience you should be fine.

Hi All,

have been away for long time with too many issues that kept me busy all the time. So as you can see i can't remember the dates since i didn't keep track of any. right now i'm doing my bio tomorrow and still waiting for my interview letter, any one from New york that received the letter? If not does anyone knows when should i expect it?

Thanks all

hey i am just curious; what does your signature say about the continent? is it FL? what region is that? i never heard of it.
yes there is one person from nyc who has already done with the interview, his name is june620. but i am still waiting too for the interview letter.