• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Finally got approval

My interview is schedule at 800. I got there at 7:30 and i went to the reception waiting for them to call my name.

Around 8 oclock. some one called my name and i went to interview...
i dun know if the IO is vey junior one, there is a supervisor inside the room...
First, i need to swore
then they ask for my passport and birth certifcate original
bascially everything listed in the interview appointment letter, they have to check the original.

When i submit the I-134 i forgot to ask my nephew for passport copy or naturalization certificate. They asked to come back within today and bring along with my original passport. Then i keep calling my nephew, he scaned it to me. Then i print and submit to the counter again with the passport at 1000. Then about 1020, the officer called my name to goto the counter, they gave me back the passport to me with the stamp.
She also said congrualations.. you will receive your green card 2 - 3 months.
and then i said Thank you Bye bye
this is the end of interview.
I was so lucky that the office is a chinese also... so that she is really nice and helpful during the interview.....Thank you all you guys support and contribution to the forum...
i will stay around to see if anyone need help....

Congratulations, Great news!

Thank you i2009. I will let you guys know how the interview went. Hopefully, I will have good news.

All the best. I was out of town till Tuesday so kind of wished everyone good luck on sunday for the upcoming interviews for this week. But here it is again: Good luck marley and nnffme on your interview tomorrow. :)

Just make sure you have all the papers. As June620 mentioned, if you have the I-134 just in case, make sure to have the sponsors passport copy or naturalization certificate. I had my sponsor's GC copy as my sponsor is a permanent resident, but i was not asked for the I-134 so did not submit any docs to them.

Application sent back

I just got my package back...appearantly, when I attached the check, I wrote one covering all three of us (myself, wife and son)...so I just resend it again with 3 seperate checks for ach application/applicant...well, just wondering, DoS didn't mind to have the entire sum in one check...man, what a heart beat when I opened the mailbox and realized they returned my package...hope everything works out now...

Application sent back

I just got my package back...appearantly, when I attached the check, I wrote one covering all three of us (myself, wife and son)...so I just resend it again with 3 seperate checks for ach application/applicant...well, just wondering, DoS didn't mind to have the entire sum in one check...man, what a heart beat when I opened the mailbox and realized they returned my package...hope everything works out now...

Sorry to hear the small setback thomen. I think they want separate checks so in case if one application is incomplete, they can return that one and process the others. But if there is one check for all the applicants, it would cause the whole process to stop! Plus it might help them track everything more nicely if each application has separate data so they have separate files for each applicant.

Update: Just did biometrics yesterday. Now waiting for the interview letter like many of us..Looks like the wait time is different for each applicant...hope we all get it soon and get it over with..

Hey guys..Want to know how you got your Birth certificated translated. They say it should b translated by a certified translator. I don't know any. would you recommend me one?

Hey guys..Want to know how you got your Birth certificated translated. They say it should b translated by a certified translator. I don't know any. would you recommend me one?

I translated my marriage certificate, I just included a signed statement of Certification which stated that I was fluent in both languages and it was fine.

Interview completed, decision pending
I finished the interview today. The officer reviewed all of the documents that I had submitted, every single one of them, and told me that he has to check with some other office to ensure that my status has been a full time student all along. He also mentioned that he liked to review my documents one more time in the afternoon. It toke a little bit longer than what I had expected. I got many questions but nothing I had not already answered in the forms. He was nice and polite during the interview.
I was not asked to show any other documents; he had everything needed. We will see what happens next.

I finished the interview today. The officer reviewed all of the documents that I had submitted, every single one of them, and told me that he has to check with some other office to ensure that my status has been a full time student all along. He also mentioned that he liked to review my documents one more time in the afternoon. It toke a little bit longer than what I had expected. I got many questions but nothing I had not already answered in the forms. He was nice and polite during the interview.
I was not asked to show any other documents; he had everything needed. We will see what happens next.

nnffme,

I hope it all goes well and it doesn't take him too long for a positive decision !!

Hey everybody,
We just got back home. We were out of our minds stressed going there this morning but I think the interview went well. Literary the interview was about 15 min. The officer was extremely nice, joking all the time and made us feel comfortable. We have been getting ready for the last two weeks, going through questions and covering all the angles. He did not ask us and I repeat did not ask any other questions besides the one on the last page of the I-485…Have you ever been arrested…and so on. The only question other than these was,”How long have you been known each other? I answered and he double checked our names on the birth certificates and that was it. He went through all our documents and made sure he has everything he needs and we were on our way out. Since our number is not current he did not say anything just that we will get an answer in the beginning of January. Obviously our cases are viewed differently, plus we have something going for us, they have not had a lot of DV cases and they are not that familiar with the requirements. This was our officer’s second case of DV, I was very surprised, in a major office as Chicago. I hope we will get a positive answer.
Thank you guys and best of luck t all of us……

Hey everybody,
We just got back home....……

If your number is in fact greater than EU12,400 and you had your interview this month, its the first time I 'm hearing a case been interviewed before number even become current ! ( I really think this is what USCIS should do for DV AoS cases especially towards the end of the FY)

Anyways, I really wish you the best and hope that your case sail through without any trouble.

The only glitch is if the IO decide to strictly interpret and implement the INA 245(a)(3), then he may reject it for early filing. But USCIS is very unpredictable at best and my wish is that if they decide its a NO they inform you sooner.

Come Jan. 2nd week and you have had not heard any update, bang at their doors for some answer. Do not panic if the answer is negative (I wish not) 'cos you will have enough time to refile. My advise to you is to safeguard your 'current status' for a possible 2nd (re) filing of i-485 and maintain it (not to use the EAD or AP) until you hear something concrete.

Good Luck !!

Congrats nnffme and Marley for completing your interviews, I hope they sort out everything and approve your cases. I think it's just a matter of time, nothing to worry about.

Congratulations for MMfe and Marley. I wish they make a quick decision about your case. Once again I went to USCIS office and I had some positive news. The gentleman who received me was new and I had definitively decided that I will be there evey 2 weeks until I got a response from them. Let's me cut off short, like I said, the officer was new. He decided to help me out find out if they sent me anything after my biometrics and no they didn't. So he told me that he was going to check with the lady who is taking care of that. He did and he told me that she is aware of my case and that I will be receiving a letter in the middle of January. He even told me that the file is very good so far. His trainer ( I guess he was being trained) told me that if they send me a biometric letter, then that means it will be approved.
I am still going to make an appointment for mid- january while waiting for my letter. We have to make USCIS our second home. Whenever you want sth, you have to go for it. This is the 4th time I go over there since I started this case and I will continue to do so until I get my green card.