• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Where is your field office at? I read someone mentioning on this forum that their friend got a phone interview for the GC and didn't have to go to the field office. That was the first time i heard of a phone call from USCIS.

Houston,TX

Like Linda said, people current in June and up should not even waste their time appying for AOS, they should do cp. I have a friend back home who won the lottery and his number is AF0014XXX and he is scheduled for an interview next week while I am stocked here with USCIS. But like Daima said, what can we do. We just have to wait.

Thank you again Cooldude

i just noticed something strange in the G325 A form
on the File number on the top right of the form i can only type 8 digit A xxxxxxxx
but the bottom of the form on the Alien Registration number i can type 11 digit A xxx-xxx-xxx
Please cooldude could you check the G325 A

The last question
On the I-485 it says "that if you have obtained a non-immigrant visa within the LASTS YEAR submits a copy of it". What if i had a visa 5 years ago should i submit a copy of it or Not.
Thanks

Thank you again Cooldude

on the File number on the top right of the form i can only type 8 digit A xxxxxxxx
but the bottom of the form on the Alien Registration number i can type 11 digit A xxx-xxx-xxx

The last question
On the I-485 it says "that if you have obtained a non-immigrant visa within the LASTS YEAR submits a copy of it". What if i had a visa 5 years ago should i submit a copy of it or Not.
Thanks

You are welcome.

In both places on the G-325A form I can put the character A and 9 digits. But if it allows more don't worry. If it doesn't allow then write it with a pen.

For your last question, i don't know on which page of I-485 is this info requested. But with the I-485 application you will be sending all the relevant pages of the passport including all the non immigrant visa copies.

Thank you again Cooldude

The last question
Thanks

It won't hurt to include your visa page even if you got it 5 yrs ago, my husband did and his was from 2005

It is one page which you fill out. Make sure all forms are downloaded from the USCIS website and all the expiration dates on the right side top corner of the page shows that the form is not expired.

The old form was 4 pgs of the same and you needed all, the new one is only one page but I read that you need to have 4 copies of it and send all, that's what I did. But if one copy worked for others then it's ok.

I wrote the Control number (I asked the USCIS officer this question after taking the Infopass appointment)

If you have A number it stays the same. So yes you will write that A number from your old EAD.

I read that the visa number is the one in red, that's what I put. But Cooldude was told the Control # , as we can see the inconsistencies of USCIS. So I think whichever one will work.

I agree with Cooldude about the A #

The old form was 4 pgs of the same and you needed all, the new one is only one page but I read that you need to have 4 copies of it and send all, that's what I did. But if one copy worked for others then it's ok.

I sent only one page of G-325A i.e. did not make four copies of it.

I read that the visa number is the one in red, that's what I put. But Cooldude was told the Control # , as we can see the inconsistencies of USCIS. So I think whichever one will work.

I agree with Cooldude about the A #

A# do not remain same.

For an instance, F1-OPT EAD A# (or EB i-485 A#) is different from what they assign you for the DV i-485 based EAD.

Write the latest A# that you have with you when you fill DV i-485, i-765 etc.

interview

where is agentsmith? isn't it today that he had his interview? any news from him?

Yeah, I had an interview today.

It was only 50% success as far as my wife (primary applicant / winner) got approved and CPO. My FBI namecheck still pending :mad:.

The officer was very nice and checked only our passports and Winner Letter from KCC. It was his first DV case so initially he didn't know exactly how to issue a visa on web site and needed some help from more experienced officer.

I was also told that he can approve my case even if namecheck still pending but he need to discuss it with his boss.

Yeah, I had an interview today.

It was only 50% success as far as my wife (primary applicant / winner) got approved and CPO. My FBI namecheck still pending :mad:.

The officer was very nice and checked only our passports and Winner Letter from KCC. It was his first DV case so initially he didn't know exactly how to issue a visa on web site and needed some help from more experienced officer.

I was also told that he can approve my case even if namecheck still pending but he need to discuss it with his boss.

i am happy that everything is cleared for your wife. for you, give them some times, like a month; by then, if you do not hear from them, i suggest that you take action: congressman, lawyer. Wait a little bit, it will be cleared.

I wrote the Control number (I asked the USCIS officer this question after taking the Infopass appointment)

If you have A number it stays the same. So yes you will write that A number from your old EAD.

A number does not stay the same. New numbers are assigned (start with 2) even if you had one from your OPT. But you still can (and probably should) write the old number in your application - that's what I did. Good luck!!

Hey Guys...

My CN is 2010AS28XXX doing AOS. Looking at this months visa visa bulletin, Asia seems to be stuck in bog..tough to move up. Looking at this scenario, I assume if everything goes in similar pattern like last year then my CN may become available in May-June. Any predictions?

So, do you think if my CN becomes current that late, does it worth applying for advance payroll and travel document?

My local office is Fresno,CA. Anyone has experience with that office? I once did appointment but he was moron.

Good luck to all current, past and future DV winners. Keep hoping.

Hi Everybody, I m a new one here, my CN no. is 2010EU00013xxx,I m so exciting to find out this forum when i have so many questions haunting in my mind.
Firstly, I m also apply AOS, and my CN will be current in next month,i have refugee pending current status here,is it will affect my eligibility to apply AOS for my current status?
Secondly, is anyone can let me know the exact document checklist for AOS package ?
Thirdly, I feel confuse for the KCC 2nd NL mentioned that I should sumit the DV NL to USCIS nearest office to apply AOS.Shall I just download the I-485 form from internet then send the AOS package to Chicago or i should do something in USCIS New York (I m in New York currently) before I send the package to Chicago ?
Fourthly, I apply AOS for my husband also,shall I file 2 set of same document or 1 set is enough ?
I know my questions probably someone answer it few months ago already, but it is really hard for me to read 57 pages to search what I exactly want to learn.
Any sharing will be appreciated, thank you so much in advance!!

Thanks for correcting me NuvF and gatorchess.

I think it is important, as you both mentioned, to write the A number you currently have. If they assign you a different number then so be it but don't write "none" when you have one already.:) Especially since you are not suppose to leave any blank spaces in your application

Congrats Agentsmith,

At least your interview was successful. We all hope that your fingerprinting check clears up to. But keep checking on it. Congrats to your wife on CPO.

Hey Guys...

My CN is 2010AS28XXX doing AOS. Looking at this months visa visa bulletin, Asia seems to be stuck in bog..tough to move up. Looking at this scenario, I assume if everything goes in similar pattern like last year then my CN may become available in May-June. Any predictions?

So, do you think if my CN becomes current that late, does it worth applying for advance payroll and travel document?

My local office is Fresno,CA. Anyone has experience with that office? I once did appointment but he was moron.

Good luck to all current, past and future DV winners. Keep hoping.

Hi maila,

That seems about right in terms of prediction (May-June). You can file your application as soon as you see your number in the visa bulletin (even if it is showing in advance for the next month) i.e. you can file 60 days in advance.

You want to make sure that all of your application is complete with the required documents. Have more docs just in case (ex of extra docs include police reports from your county, back home; affidavit of support, employment letters, Employer affidavit, etc).

For the advance parole for the travel document, you can apply for it along with the EAD, but i assume that the GC processed at the end of the DV program moves really fast. But for your comfort, you may do so it doesn't hurt. I think when filling the travel document you have to mention the dates you might be traveling ... if you know then go ahead and start preparing all the docs and file it when current. Good luck:)