• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Everybody, I m a new one here, my CN no. is 2010EU00013xxx,I m so exciting to find out this forum when i have so many questions haunting in my mind.
Firstly, I m also apply AOS, and my CN will be current in next month,i have refugee pending current status here,is it will affect my eligibility to apply AOS for my current status?
Secondly, is anyone can let me know the exact document checklist for AOS package ?
Thirdly, I feel confuse for the KCC 2nd NL mentioned that I should sumit the DV NL to USCIS nearest office to apply AOS.Shall I just download the I-485 form from internet then send the AOS package to Chicago or i should do something in USCIS New York (I m in New York currently) before I send the package to Chicago ?
Fourthly, I apply AOS for my husband also,shall I file 2 set of same document or 1 set is enough ?
I know my questions probably someone answer it few months ago already, but it is really hard for me to read 57 pages to search what I exactly want to learn.
Any sharing will be appreciated, thank you so much in advance!!

1) I guess i2009 can better answer your question of filing more than one AOS application (like employer-based I-485 and DV-based I-485). you can also call the USCIS service center to get more info 1-800-375-5283.

2) For the list of docs for I-485 your best guide is the instructions for I-485. If i get a chance to find the cover letter posted in previous posts for couples i will try to post it sometime today.

3) Read the instructions of I-485 to see the eligibility criteria for those who can apply for AOS. If these are met AND your case is current you can file your application in chicago and don't have to go to your local office unless they call you for biometrics and the interview.

4) you have to make two files. One for you and one for your husband. Put all documents in both the files, otherwise one file will be rejected and sent back (the one that does not have all documents). Good luck.

Yeah, I had an interview today.

It was only 50% success as far as my wife (primary applicant / winner) got approved and CPO. My FBI namecheck still pending :mad:.

The officer was very nice and checked only our passports and Winner Letter from KCC. It was his first DV case so initially he didn't know exactly how to issue a visa on web site and needed some help from more experienced officer.

I was also told that he can approve my case even if namecheck still pending but he need to discuss it with his boss.

Congratulations AgentSmith,

I think that the FBI has sped up the process a big deal so you should be getting your GC soon. As zapatos mentioned, if you don't hear from them in about a month you should take some actions.

Good luck!

Yeah, I had an interview today.

It was only 50% success as far as my wife (primary applicant / winner) got approved and CPO. My FBI namecheck still pending :mad:.

The officer was very nice and checked only our passports and Winner Letter from KCC. It was his first DV case so initially he didn't know exactly how to issue a visa on web site and needed some help from more experienced officer.

I was also told that he can approve my case even if namecheck still pending but he need to discuss it with his boss.

Congrats AgentSmith, It's a matter of time until you'll be cleared. Hopefully very soon.

Status Update

Hi guys,

I got a status update last night, LUD has changed to 12/10 and Post Decision Acitvity saying they have mailed me an Approval Notice for my I485, I guess that's the card! But the update is only for me.

Anyway, just wanted to share, will keep you updated.

Have a good weekend ever1!

Hi Everybody, I m a new one here, my CN no. is 2010EU00013xxx,I m so exciting to find out this forum when i have so many questions haunting in my mind.
Firstly, I m also apply AOS, and my CN will be current in next month,i have refugee pending current status here,is it will affect my eligibility to apply AOS for my current status?
Secondly, is anyone can let me know the exact document checklist for AOS package ?
Thirdly, I feel confuse for the KCC 2nd NL mentioned that I should sumit the DV NL to USCIS nearest office to apply AOS.Shall I just download the I-485 form from internet then send the AOS package to Chicago or i should do something in USCIS New York (I m in New York currently) before I send the package to Chicago ?
Fourthly, I apply AOS for my husband also,shall I file 2 set of same document or 1 set is enough ?
I know my questions probably someone answer it few months ago already, but it is really hard for me to read 57 pages to search what I exactly want to learn.
Any sharing will be appreciated, thank you so much in advance!!

Hello Janet,

An Immigration Officer told me that I needed to withdraw my employment-base AOS petition "before" filing the DV case. It didn't sound good to me as my wife's current status depends on it and the nature of the DV case makes it risky to withdraw the other application. I talked to my attorney and she suggested that I do NOT withdraw my current AOS application but that I should mention it in the cover letter for the DV AOS application. I later learned in the forums for 2008 and 2009 that the Immigration Officer may ask me to withdraw my employment-base application at the time of the interview.

I do not know about a pending refugee case but I would think that it is the same situation regarding two active AOS cases.

I also learned that the USCIS will consolidate the two cases under the same Alien Number and that the Adjudicator Officer needs to have both cases at the time of the adjudication of the GC.

Here is an example of a cover letter: http://forums.immigration.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17897&d=1241333451

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Status Update

Hi guys,

I got a status update last night, LUD has changed to 12/10 and Post Decision Acitvity saying they have mailed me an Approval Notice for my I485, I guess that's the card! But the update is only for me.

Congratulations Daima, so happy for you! I guess that's the "welcome letter" that arrives a couple of days before the GC. Or maybe the same day?

Status Update

Hi guys,

Congratulations, Daima! Good to hear you are almost there! I am waiting for the interview letter now, cross my fingers.

Congratulations AgentSmith,

I think that the FBI has sped up the process ...
Good luck!

Thanks i2009.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/NNCP_backlog_elim_22jun09.pdf
http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/fbi-name-check.php

As far as my I-485 has been accepted by USCIS at the beginning of Oct, I believe FBI namecheck request was sent appr at the same time. Taking into account that current FBI goal is to complete ALL pending namechecks within 90 days (98% within 30 days), I should expect news at least in a month.

Hi Cooldude06 78 and i2009,
Thk u so much for u guys advice,it do help me alot!
Congratulation and good luck to everybody...and me.. :)

I have sent this week my package to USCIS and was just wondering, what are your experiences, how long will it take until receipt of package in Chicago till I have the NOA???
Does anyone has experience with the West Palm Beach Field office???

I have sent this week my package to USCIS and was just wondering, what are your experiences, how long will it take until receipt of package in Chicago till I have the NOA???

I'll say about 10-14 days.

Status Update

Hi guys,

Greta news Daima! Congrats

Congrats agentsmith

Sorry ive been out of touch recently. studying for finals! GRRRRR:rolleyes:

Congrats to Agent smith and DAIMA.

Status Update

Hi guys,

Status Update

Hi guys,

Congrats Daima. Happy for you. Hopefully you will have your green card by Mon or Tue. Yaayy:)

The best idea you can get is by checking our signatures. Usually the NOA is sent in two weeks and you get it by the end of the third week. I don't think anyone mentioned the west palm beach office on this forum, although i could have missed it. Good luck on your case. Do add your signature as it would help people know about your case and help them advice you and also help others to benefit from your experience.

The best idea you can get is by checking our signatures. Usually the NOA is sent in two weeks and you get it by the end of the third week. I don't think anyone mentioned the west palm beach office on this forum, although i could have missed it. Good luck on your case. Do add your signature as it would help people know about your case and help them advice you and also help others to benefit from your experience.

Thanks...I kinda tried now to figure that out with the signature...I'm sorry that I can't be more precise with my data but I will have to compile the entire history at a later time...Anyway, thanks so much for this forum and for everybody participating, contributing and sharing...It has been a great help for me during this AOS process...THANK YOU!

LUD update

Got a mail about updating about the I-485 application. It went from CPO to post-decision. That means that the NBC has sent the GC on Fri. Mon or Tue it should probably reach my house. Will check when I go home next week. Actually would be waiting to hear from Daima when she gets it to know that mine is waiting too.:)

Hi maila,

That seems about right in terms of prediction (May-June). You can file your application as soon as you see your number in the visa bulletin (even if it is showing in advance for the next month) i.e. you can file 60 days in advance.

You want to make sure that all of your application is complete with the required documents. Have more docs just in case (ex of extra docs include police reports from your county, back home; affidavit of support, employment letters, Employer affidavit, etc).

For the advance parole for the travel document, you can apply for it along with the EAD, but i assume that the GC processed at the end of the DV program moves really fast. But for your comfort, you may do so it doesn't hurt. I think when filling the travel document you have to mention the dates you might be traveling ... if you know then go ahead and start preparing all the docs and file it when current. Good luck:)

Thanks cooldude. Hope I did right decision on doing AOs than CP even with my high CN.
Good luck.

Got a mail about updating about the I-485 application. It went from CPO to post-decision. That means that the NBC has sent the GC on Fri. Mon or Tue it should probably reach my house. Will check when I go home next week. Actually would be waiting to hear from Daima when she gets it to know that mine is waiting too.:)

Congrats, Cooldude. We got same update for my husband's last night!