• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

CONGRATULATIONS!

Maybe they sent you an I-485 based on marriage, but dont delay your interview by suggesting they send you different proof of documents. Just take what they ask for in addition to standard dv documentation- diplomas etc.

Waiting to hear of your interview experience!!!!

Whats Your local Office?

EAD card and Interview Letter received!!! :)

The letter says: "The proceeding will take about two hours... You must bring: this letter, Your Spouse(??!!), Your passport, photo ID, originals of all submitted documents and joint documents to establish that you are in a valid marriage..."

Guys who already received their interview letters, did any of you have this? I believe they sent me the type of letter intended for I-485 based on marriage. I guess I should call USCIS... Anyhow, it feels good. Especially with the EAD and AP cards in hand!

Good luck to all and Happy Thanksgiving again! ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!

Maybe they sent you an I-485 based on marriage, but dont delay your interview by suggesting they send you different proof of documents. Just take what they ask for in addition to standard dv documentation- diplomas etc.

Whats Your local Office?

gatorchess has South Carolina as his place under "locations"

i heard of someone (family friend) 5years ago...also dv lottery and didnt have any interview. Her green card was sent in the mail. She got a phone call from USCIS that everything was approved before they scheduled an interview....but that's the only person i have heard out of thousands....it may be luck, she recently just became a US citizen.

she had her green card sent in the mail couple of weeks after that phone call, she didnt have any interview....but like i said its very rare.....

Hi lil,

Seems you are very positive that she basically had a phone interview. Which field office did your family friend apply to? wonder if there are other stories like that!

I just received txts for status update, (Employment Authorization) Card production ordered for I765, LUD has changed to 11/25. :) Also I-485 shows LUD 11/25 still says Acceptance.

i heard of someone (family friend) 5years ago...also dv lottery and didnt have any interview. Her green card was sent in the mail. She got a phone call from USCIS that everything was approved before they scheduled an interview....but that's the only person i have heard out of thousands....it may be luck, she recently just became a US citizen.

she had her green card sent in the mail couple of weeks after that phone call, she didnt have any interview....but like i said its very rare.....

Hey, the lucky person she is ! that is like winning lottery again ! Thanks Lil for you info...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Whats Your local Office?

Thanks, Lucky2010. I am in South Carolina. I will bring all I have.

Hi guys

I read about a case that was approved without an interview. I am not sure but I think it was in 2008. My take is that DV is pretty unknown for most of the Immigration Officers so anything is possible.

Happy holidays to everyone!!!!

EAD card and Interview Letter received!!! :)

The letter says: "The proceeding will take about two hours... You must bring: this letter, Your Spouse(??!!), Your passport, photo ID, originals of all submitted documents and joint documents to establish that you are in a valid marriage..."

Guys who already received their interview letters, did any of you have this? I believe they sent me the type of letter intended for I-485 based on marriage. I guess I should call USCIS... Anyhow, it feels good. Especially with the EAD and AP cards in hand!

Good luck to all and Happy Thanksgiving again! ;)

Congratulations gatorchess!

I had a quick question on adding info to the signature. When i add any more info it says that more than 500 characters are not allowed. I see some signatures longer than mine. Any ideas on how to add more info? As of this time i cannot add anything else to my signature unless i remove something else! Anyone has knowledge on this, please share, thanks.

I had a quick question on adding info to the signature. When i add any more info it says that more than 500 characters are not allowed. I see some signatures longer than mine. Any ideas on how to add more info? As of this time i cannot add anything else to my signature unless i remove something else! Anyone has knowledge on this, please share, thanks.

I got the same message and started to shorten some words...

Need help guys!!!!!

I am new to his forum. I'd like u to provide me with some information please. Actually i am a winner for dv 2010. I already started the procedures and stuff and right now I received the receipt back from DOS with the stamped paid on nov 17 2009. Dont know what to do now. I asked Kcc what i should do now but they asked me to call USCIS but no answer. My USCIS office is in OMAHA, NE not in Chicago. I guess u guys know a lil bit about the procedures. Should I do my medical exam now? what is CN number and when mine is going to be current? am so confused. please respond to me. Also my email address is kbf2060@hotmail.com

I am new to his forum. I'd like u to provide me with some information please. Actually i am a winner for dv 2010. I already started the procedures and stuff and right now I received the receipt back from DOS with the stamped paid on nov 17 2009. Dont know what to do now. I asked Kcc what i should do noe but they asked me to call USCIS but no answer. I guess u know a lil bit about the procedures. Should I do my medical exam now? what CN number? am so confused. please respond to me. Also my email address is kbf2060@hotmail.com

If I understand you correctly you are doing AOS...but you haven't submitted your package to Chicago yet. It all depends what your case number is...when your # becomes current you have to sent all requested papers + medical sealed papers to Chicago + fee for AOS and wait for receipt and than go for the biometrics appointment when you receive the date...:)
USCIS can't give you any info until they have received your case from Chicago...

Should I do the medical exams now? Also why should i send the papers to chicago while my local uscis office is in OMAHA?

Communication from Field Office Document concerning J1's

I received a letter from my local field office. Seems like one of my documents were missing and they have asked request of evidence.
This might be helpful to other J1's who are also doing AOS.
They have asked for the No Objection Statement. I had just submitted the 212(e) waiver recommendation.
This is how the letter reads:
At your interview on November 19, 2009 you submitted 212(e) waiver recommendation from the US Department of State's Waiver Review Devision. (See copy attached). Enclosed with that copy should have been a "No Objection Certificate". Please submit this document.

(No Objection Statement is the copy of the no objection letter mailed to you by your embassy isn't it? because besides that letter I don't have anything else)
I just mailed the document and I thought I will let all of you know. This will be helpful to everyone who had a J1 visa.

Sorry to hear that simpleman. I hope it all works out well.

Are you currently here on a J1 visa, or did you just have it in the past ?

Sorry to hear that simpleman. I hope it all works out well.

Are you currently here on a J1 visa, or did you just have it in the past ?

I was a J1 before I changed to F1. I took care of the 2 year waiver. I just forgot to submit one of the documents.
I did mail the document today and they should receive it tomorrow. I am hoping it will be reviewed on Monday at the earliest.
Well at least my case is being reviewed so that is a positive sign. Hope they will make some decision once they review my additional document.

EAD Card Production ordered!!!!!

On a lighter note, maybe that is why you keep seeing all those date changes on the USCIS website. People don't sleep in your city.:) Just kidding. Hope everything works out. All the best.

LOL, "people Don't Sleep in your city"

Card production ordered on my EAD!
Did anyone recieve a Notice for card production plus their interview letters? In other words did u guys only recieve the interview letter on its own or in addition to other notices as well?

Very happy!!!

I received a letter from my local field office. Seems like one of my documents were missing and they have asked request of evidence.
This might be helpful to other J1's who are also doing AOS.
They have asked for the No Objection Statement. I had just submitted the 212(e) waiver recommendation.
This is how the letter reads:
At your interview on November 19, 2009 you submitted 212(e) waiver recommendation from the US Department of State's Waiver Review Devision. (See copy attached). Enclosed with that copy should have been a "No Objection Certificate". Please submit this document.

(No Objection Statement is the copy of the no objection letter mailed to you by your embassy isn't it? because besides that letter I don't have anything else)
I just mailed the document and I thought I will let all of you know. This will be helpful to everyone who had a J1 visa.

No objection statement should be from your govt. or embassy. So i think you will be fine if you have a letter from the embassy. Hope everything works out. All the best.