• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi all,

I would like to ask you guys a few question.

1. I've been relationship with my girlfriend almost 5 years but we don't have marry yet. In this case, can I apply for her as my fiance? But I send $375 fees for myself and got receipt already. What should I have to do in this situation?

2. I do AOS as F-1. Which form should I have to submit along with I-485?
For the $1010 fees, should I send it via the package to the Chicago?

Thanks for your time and good luck to everybody.

Regards,
Zimboho

Congrat Zimboho on being selected as a DV applicant.

In the DV Package you received (the big white envelope) it says: "Family members refer only to your spouse and unmarried children who had not reached age 2l before you entered the lottery. If you have had additional children since entering the DV lottery, or your immediate family situation has changed, include notification of these changes, with a copy (not an original) of the relevant birth certificate or marriage certificate, and all required forms when you return this packet to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC)."

I don't think you can apply for Fiance as a DV AoS category. To my knowledge only citizen can apply for fiance visa. If I am mistaken, I am sure someone on the forum will correct me.

You are right...only a marriage counts and if you want to avoid any questions...than don't marry all of a sudden after having submit the fees, etc...they might ask you for more proof why you marry so soon while never mentioning it...it would be different if you had planned it for a a couple of months...

Only a Citizen can get a fiancee visa for his fiancee not a perminent resident....

Thanks, Lucky and Cooldude,

No news with regard to I-485 or AP so far. Last Update Date is Nov 2 - right after my Biometrics appointment. I did order a service request over the phone. They should respond within 30 days.

Hi all,

I was passed out last night and today I come back with some energy to deal with this situation. Thanks a lot of your encouragement.

There were some questions to me.
First from Lucky, I never file out I-485 neither I-140. There is any other application pending for me except DV case which is I am currently working on. I really don't understand why our case file has to come from Vermont office and what kind of document that Tucson office expect. I wish I can tracking where it is, still in Vermont or it is on the way but I don't know how i can do it.

Second from betlebee, we had no requested document to bring with us.
We were waiting when they ask some more documents but the interviewer didn't ask anything so I think we were fine.

Third from nnffme, when I took my fingerprint electronically.

I am collecting some infomation now and find out what I should do.

Hi Simple man, Good luck for your interview tomorrow. I really wish your interview goes smoothly and confirm successful interview. Tell us your story after your interview.

How early is not "too early" for arriving for the Interview, meaning if a person arrives an hour before, should he/she go in, or wait till about half an hour before the interview?

Thanks, Lucky and Cooldude,

No news with regard to I-485 or AP so far. Last Update Date is Nov 2 - right after my Biometrics appointment. I did order a service request over the phone. They should respond within 30 days.

Congrats! Nothing is going on reagarding my case, as of today!

Marley,
Looks like your local office is Chicago which is also mine. I wonder, have you received the interview letter? I am judging from your signature that you have not, but I was hoping that maybe you did not update it. I do not expect to get mine before you get yours.[/QUOT

I am sorry to disappoint you nnffme, I have not yet!! I think we have to wait more than others given the size of our office! Chicago’s processing times seems to be longer. I will keep you posted, as I hope you will!

Good luck

Hi Hani,
I think this is just a formality. I worked with chemicals on my prior job and they could not take prints off of my right index and thumb(at the biometrics). I was sweating for about 6-7 min and finally what I think she did is taking another set of prints off of my left fingers and I was done. So I either have one or two sets of left-handed prints but I am sure they could not scan my right index and thumb. Or I might be having problems later too. With that said though, my advise as bentlebee and others have said you need to consult with a GOOD attorney. A good attorney can be very helpful.
Good luck!!

Simple man, Best of luck with your interview tomorrow.

Hi all,

I was passed out last night and today I come back with some energy to deal with this situation. Thanks a lot of your encouragement.

There were some questions to me.
First from Lucky, I never file out I-485 neither I-140. There is any other application pending for me except DV case which is I am currently working on. I really don't understand why our case file has to come from Vermont office and what kind of document that Tucson office expect. I wish I can tracking where it is, still in Vermont or it is on the way but I don't know how i can do it.

Second from betlebee, we had no requested document to bring with us.
We were waiting when they ask some more documents but the interviewer didn't ask anything so I think we were fine.

Third from nnffme, when I took my fingerprint electronically.

I am collecting some infomation now and find out what I should do.

Hani am sorry what happen..........Uscis has always some suprises so ......talk to lawyer what the fingerprint out come .........if that happen before..........a family of mine won DV lottery 2009 came aboard gave her fingerprint in the airport ..........she was waiting for her Green card to come ,you know what happen she got notice from Uscis her fingerprint never taken they cann't process her Green card. she was little upset but she went one the offices gave her fingerprint again and she got her GC after monthe.
So always some thing.............i know with Uscis you just want to get over with it . so share with a lawyers .

Good luck

Hi fitness901,

For your sister, she will have to file for Adjustment of status with the Immigration court, not with USCIS (chicago lock box). Are you getting a lawyer?

Hani am sorry what happen..........Uscis has always some suprises so ......talk to lawyer what the fingerprint out come .........if that happen before..........a family of mine won DV lottery 2009 came aboard gave her fingerprint in the airport ..........she was waiting for her Green card to come ,you know what happen she got notice from Uscis her fingerprint never taken they cann't process her Green card. she was little upset but she went one the offices gave her fingerprint again and she got her GC after monthe.
So always some thing.............i know with Uscis you just want to get over with it . so share with a lawyers .

Good luck

Hi fitness901,

For your sister, she will have to file for Adjustment of status with the Immigration court, not with USCIS (chicago lock box). Are you getting a lawyer?

before hiring the lawyer he has to ask if the sister even will have the slightest chance to get this done before they run out of visa's or Sept. 30th...since winning the DV but being on deportation already is a very complicating issue...

I know about a famous case which took 4 yrs and the person won to stay here but he was one of the richest musicians and married to an American and didn't win the DV lottery so no dealine...we can only "imagine" :D, how much money the lawyer recieved for it...the lawyer is still doing immigration cases and charges $ 350.- for an initial phone call in which he can tell if he can be of any help....

JUNE your case is progressing well also

Congratulations,
For a dv winner in NYC, which is one of the busy offices, your case is an example that each case is very different.

Where you current in October? sory im not familiar with the AS #
I got my Interview letter already. the interview date is 12/16/2009
is there any one share the interview letter.
in the letter it said Please comply with the below checked instructions
X) Furnish original proof of the paid required fee of 375 to department of state
X) Furnish an original certified copy of birth and marriage certificate
X) IF you have ever been arrested, provide the related police report and the original or certified Final Court disposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. IF no court record is available, provide an original letter from the court with Jurisdiction indicating this
X) Provide the original award letter from the department of state, Kentucky Consular Center
X) Furnish proof of eligibility for section 245(I)( Properly filed and accepted I-130/I-140 or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001 and proof of physical presence in the United States on December 21, 2000)(if applicable)

X) Please furnish the following on complete the eligibility requirments for your 2009 Diversity Lottery Applicatio
a) Proof that you have a high school diploma equivalent to a 12th year education in the United States.
b) A qualifying job that you have performed, two of the last five years that requies at least two years of training or experience to perfrom(Online.onecenter.org will help you determine if your job qualifies. Your job must be a SV7 or Higher)
X) Furnish an Affidavit of support, Form I-134 with all necessary and supporting financial documents. Please read and follow the instruction carefully and complete all appropriate sections accordingly.
X) furnish proof of legal status in the United states/

Does any one know if the underline are necessary in the case or what ??

Hi fitness901,

Oh Thanks cooldude ..............yes she has a lawyer ,she send her motion to court to reopen her case. so we don't know if she can approv in court or she need to start all over again in Uscis after her court case dissmis............it is all good we just want to know if she can able to adjust her status. What do you think........

thanks a lot

before hiring the lawyer he has to ask if the sister even will have the slightest chance to get this done before they run out of visa's or Sept. 30th...since winning the DV but being on deportation already is a very complicating issue...

I know about a famous case which took 4 yrs and the person won to stay here but he was one of the richest musicians and married to an American and didn't win the DV lottery so no dealine...we can only "imagine" :D, how much money the lawyer recieved for it...the lawyer is still doing immigration cases and charges $ 350.- for an initial phone call in which he can tell if he can be of any help....

Hey Bentlebee

I know she has slightest chance.....all the lawyers said that.........as you said that deportation and won DV comlicating case and it is new for all most to all of them.