• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Can anyone share the interview letter?

Hi June630,

My interview letter basically asks to bring the originals of what i had provided them: like the high-school degree, passport, I-94, ID, Social Security card, etc. It said i could bring an interpreter if I need. The only thing i did not provide for which they asked was the Employer Affidavit asking to show proof of employment in an occupation that requires two years of experience according to the link you mentioned, although for my case the link was not mentioned, but that detail can be found in the Diversity visa selection notification package when we received the 1st NL. I am preparing for extra documentation just in case.

For your case, since they are asking for specific information, you need to prepare for it to make sure there are no delays in processing your application. I don't know your status in the U.S in terms of visa, but if you were F1, you should be able to get the university to get you a letter of your status for the specific time that the letter mentions. If you were in a different status, then you need to give proof of having valid status like an approval of Opt and EAD etc.

So take a deep breath and start collecting documents. you still have plenty of time. Start with court records/police reports as they at times take 5 business days to process the request and give the results.

All the best.

Can anyone share the interview letter?

Mine didn't have that big a list. It seems like they sent me a standard interview letter for any I-485 application, they asked to bring the normal stuff like Passport, ID, SS card, I-94. The only thing that pertains to DV that looked like they checked it for us was the High School Diploma and Emloyment letter that attests to needing 2 yr experience (For Dv Eligibility). It was a very short list.

Do you have an I-140 pending? why would they ask and underline that?

June just curious, you are in NYC as me and your number is current for nov right? so when did you receive the interview letter?

Yes i am in NYC.
My case currect in Oct.
I got the interview letter on Nov 16, 2009 for the interview on Dec 16, 2009

Hi June630,

My interview letter basically asks to bring the originals of what i had provided them: like the high-school degree, passport, I-94, ID, Social Security card, etc. It said i could bring an interpreter if I need. The only thing i did not provide for which they asked was the Employer Affidavit asking to show proof of employment in an occupation that requires two years of experience according to the link you mentioned, although for my case the link was not mentioned, but that detail can be found in the Diversity visa selection notification package when we received the 1st NL. I am preparing for extra documentation just in case.

For your case, since they are asking for specific information, you need to prepare for it to make sure there are no delays in processing your application. I don't know your status in the U.S in terms of visa, but if you were F1, you should be able to get the university to get you a letter of your status for the specific time that the letter mentions. If you were in a different status, then you need to give proof of having valid status like an approval of Opt and EAD etc.

So take a deep breath and start collecting documents. you still have plenty of time. Start with court records/police reports as they at times take 5 business days to process the request and give the results.

All the best.

court records/police reports which way i should start ??
i don't have any court record or police things ...
i should goto police department or what ??
can anyone help?

Yes i am in NYC.
My case currect in Oct.
I got the interview letter on Nov 16, 2009 for the interview on Dec 16, 2009

Also june,

The underlined item you mentioned in the previous entry on the forum also says "if applicable". If you think it is not applicable, then just show the status you were in during that time to show it is not applicable. All the best.

can anyone help?

Just go to your police department of give them a call and ask for a police report stating you had no criminal record...

can anyone help?

June I am sure that you know where is the " one plaza building" for immigration. You can even take that direction on google. The " one police plaza" is on chambers street, by the 4,5 and 6 train. Over there, you can request a police record, I think it is $60, they will fingerprint you and ask you to come in 3 weeks for the results. I think the phone number is (212) 374 5000

can anyone help?

As the letter says, if there was an incident then provide the police report for that. Along with the courts decision on that matter. If there is no police record of any incident then go to the court in your county and get something from the clerk of court to proof that you have a clean record.

I don't know much about NYC, so i would not be able to guide you on which office to go to get your police report for the incidents that USCIS is asking for, or the location of the courts!

Mine does not mention anywhere that it is a DV case so I don't know how the interview is going to be like. The items they are asking for

1. Federal tax returns, W-2's, Current letter of employment, and most recent pay check stub of the applicant. Form I-864 or I-864A.
2. Photocopy of the applicant's state issued driver license. Photocopy of petitioner's state issued driver license, if applicable.
3. Documentation showing joint ownership of property and joint residency.
4. Documentation showing commingling of financial resources.
5. Birth certificates of all children of applicant and petitioner.
6. Other documentation in order to establish the bona fides of the relationship. Examples include: Proofs of trips together(airline tickets, hotel stays), photos, etc.

These are the documents they are asking for during the interview.
I am taking all my documents though just to be prepared.
I hope they have not confused my application as regular family based AOS.

I am positive though that things will just go fine. 2 more days...

Mine does not mention anywhere that it is a DV case so I don't know how the interview is going to be like. The items they are asking for

1. Federal tax returns, W-2's, Current letter of employment, and most recent pay check stub of the applicant. Form I-864 or I-864A.
2. Photocopy of the applicant's state issued driver license. Photocopy of petitioner's state issued driver license, if applicable.
3. Documentation showing joint ownership of property and joint residency.
4. Documentation showing commingling of financial resources.
5. Birth certificates of all children of applicant and petitioner.
6. Other documentation in order to establish the bona fides of the relationship. Examples include: Proofs of trips together(airline tickets, hotel stays), photos, etc.

These are the documents they are asking for during the interview.
I am taking all my documents though just to be prepared.
I hope they have not confused my application as regular family based AOS.

I am positive though that things will just go fine. 2 more days...

Yes Simpleman, like I already told you. You will just be fine. I wonder just how Hani19's interview went? I know that it was good but we would like to hear from him.
Just 2 more days and after that you will be the one babysitting us and telling us that " don't worry":)

Yes Simpleman, like I already told you. You will just be fine. I wonder just how Hani19's interview went? I know that it was good but we would like to hear from him.
Just 2 more days and after that you will be the one babysitting us and telling us that " don't worry":)

I am sure Hani will get back to us as soon as interview is over.
I am prepared for the interview. I have everything ready on my part.

I am sure Hani will get back to us as soon as interview is over.
I am prepared for the interview. I have everything ready on my part.

Hello simple man,

Yes, I am pressing F5 (Refresh screen) every 5 minutes waiting for Hani's news.

Good luck to you this Thursday and of course Daima and cooldude next week and all of the interviews to come.

can anyone help?

June620,
Keep in mind that the interview letters come from the local offices (aren't they?). I would not be surprised if they have different letters and standards. your local office probably sent you a general letter which asks for everything just to ensure that the applicants come prepared. Other offices may treat it differently.