• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Was it a fake marriage that USCIS discovered? Or did they think it was fake?

it was really marrage but the ex-husband fall in love with other woman while she was on conditional Green card. he wrote a letter to uscis he was not with her(my sister) any more. so uscis never said the marrige was fake.
The crazy thing about this case Uscis lost all her file all this time for eight years..........and my sister hire another lawyer she made them to find the file which is Uscis did two years ago but the face of the case change .............the keep saying the never gave her I155 at all ,and never happen the interviw .......that is so crazy she has all stamp I155 in her passport for almost ten years....renew it every year

i know it is not make sense to all you guys........

Interview Letter Received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys,
I'm so excited. I just got home, and my husband just surprised me with the Interview letters. The following is what they asked us to bring to the Interview:

1. The Interview letter
2. Personal I.D (Driver's License, Social Security card)
3. Passport and I-94
4. Evidence of High School education
5. Employer's affidavit to show 2 yr Experience of work (Which I think applies to my hubby since he's the Primary applicant)

Strangely enough, they sent another letter for Biometrics (Code 1-Fingerprints only) for the same day, Nov 24 at 10.30 and 11.00, respectively for each. But since we are going tomorrow, I guess that won't matter, but we'll bring it to their attention.

So excited, guys....Wish us luck!

Hi guys,
I'm so excited. I just got home, and my husband just surprised me with the Interview letters. The following is what they asked us to bring to the Interview:

1. The Interview letter
3. Passport and I-94
5. Employer's affidavit to show 2 yr Experience of work (Which I think applies to my hubby since he's the Primary applicant)

Strangely enough, they sent another letter for Biometrics (Code 1-Fingerprints only) for the same day, Nov 24 at 10.30 and 11.00, respectively for each. But since we are going tomorrow, I guess that won't matter, but we'll bring it to their attention.

Congrats Daima for your interview appointment ! sure Good Luck to you !!

Hi guys,

1. The Interview letter
3. Passport and I-94

Wow Daima, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Best of luck to you guys. Everything will be alright!!!!

I can't wait to hear about the interview!

Daima, I have a question regarding the Evidence of High School education. Did you send your husband's HS diploma or his University degree?

The reason I ask is because I did not include my HS diploma but instead I sent a Certified Evaluation of my B.S. where it states that it is equivalent to the degree of a US University and that it requires High School.

Again, congratulations and good luck!

Wow Daima, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Best of luck to you guys. Everything will be alright!!!!

I can't wait to hear about the interview!

Thank you, you know I'll keep you guys posted.

The interview will be at the same place (ASC) we are going for Biometrics, it's not a very big city and they serve even smaller towns....I think that's why the traffic isn't high!

Question

In my interview letter, they also asked for Employer's certification that I've been working for past 5 yrs in a job that requires 2 yr experience, and I'm not the Primary applicant. What do I do? Considering I'm doing my Postdoc and been working only for 7 months on OPT! Although I was a Research Assistant when I was doing my PhD, but that wasn't Full Time.

Please, your thoughts and ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I did my biometrics today....but im not excited...because of my interview letter.... i wish they will schedule an appointment ...:(

I did my biometrics today....but im not excited...because of my interview letter.... i wish they will schedule an appointment ...:(

I'm sorry that you are not so happy but your interview appt should arrive real soon. I have heard that big cities offices take a little longer to schedule the interview. Hang in there and plz keep us posted!

Update

Our appintment was 1:15 and 1:20 for me and my husband.
We went there 12:15 and we have done within 15 min without waiting at all.
We brough both letter (one from tucson office and the other from NBC).
The officier in the biometric place took the letter from NBC because there were barcodes in order to easy to process and also there was two information for 1-485 and I-765. The letter from tucson only mensioned for I-1485. It was pretty easy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
CN : 2010EU00007xxx. (Tucson, AZ)
06/20/2009 : First NL from KCC
07/20/2009 : Medical exam is done and we paid $165*2(+100 extra) for two
08/26/2009 : DS122 and bar code to KCC.
08/26/2009 : Check ($350*2) to DOS
09/02/2009 : DV fee receipt arrived from DOS
09/10/2009 : Second NL arrived from KCC
10/01/2009 : My number is current in October
10/05/2009 : AOS package delivered in Chicago
10/14/2009 : Checks cashed out ($ 1010*2 for two)
10/19/2009 : NOA (I-485, I-765) received dated on 10/14/2009
10/28/2009 : Received code 3 biometric (Nov.5th) and interview (Nov.17th)
11/05/2009 : Biometics done
11/17/2009 : Waiting for an interview

Update: Received Interview letter for Dec 8th :)

Congratulations Blue T41 and Daima for your interview letters. Linda555, I guess we will have to wait because we are in NY( very busy offices). I am in NYC.
I hope everything goes well for ya.

Employer Affidavit

Daima, I was thinking that the employer's affidavit is required if the applicant does not have a higher degree like a University degree. Why do they ask for the employer's affidavit if the person has a higher degree than high school? Also, if you got the affidavit, could you post the language of the letter .... does the employer say that he/she attests that so and so has atleast 2 years experience ... thanks for your reply ... good luck with the fingerprinting. Do let us know what they say about the second fingerprinting letter.

Congratulations Blue T41 and Daima for your interview letters. Linda555, I guess we will have to wait because we are in NY( very busy offices). I am in NYC.
I hope everything goes well for ya.

Yes...I am in Boston actually...Don't knowww! I will check the mail everyday nowww ....